April 21, 2014 | 1017 users online

Hair Color - L'Oreal - Root Rescue

rated 3 of 5 on 9/4/2011 12:13:00 AM More reviews by ALAuchter

I'm on the fence about this. It was very easy to use and I loved the applicator. I have very curly hair and usually comb type applicators are terrible and I can't get them through. This one was a breeze! It didn't smell at all, which is a nice change from most at-home color kits. The downside was the color: while it covered great and washed out easily, the color didn't match at all! I used a medium brown shade, which I expected to give me exactly that. Wrong. It turned my roots a dark-medium red color. Since I have natural reddish highlights in my hair, it didn't look completely weird, but not what I wanted or expected. It's not bad enough to re-dye, but I do plan to get a darker shade next time and will give it a second go.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2011 11:07:00 PM More reviews by KittyKaye

As my grays have been increasing between highlight appointments, I tried at-home hair color for the first time in about 15 years. I was very apprehensive, but Root Rescue worked for me. I tried the Dark Blonde shade first, and it was a bit darker than my highlighted color. Next time I used the Medium Blonde, and it was a good fit. I have not experienced any problems with the product, its effect on my hair, or the applicator comb. I leave it on for eight minutes, instead of the ten minutes suggested in the instructions. The color is a bit brassier than I would like, but for the price, I am satisfied.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2011 1:51:00 PM More reviews by Heiferlips

I bought this product and then read the reviews. I have to admit I was terrified to try it but I had tossed the receipt.

The applicator brush really just gave me the willies! I felt like I was using a caterpillar to color my hair. But in all honesty it really did work well.

The color wasn't a perfect match but really close. Close enough that I was happy and pleased with the results.

I was a bit shocked at the amount of product. Again, since it is a "root" rescue there was actually plenty of product and I even had a bit left over.

I will buy this product again!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2011 8:22:00 PM More reviews by ManhattanMermaid

AWFUL! I bought Dark Brown #4 and it turned my dark brown roots a medium orangey brown!!! NEVER AGAIN! Waste of money, plus since it lightened my hair, it damaged it. =( The price isn't bad if it was for a product that didn't ruin your hair. The applicator was the best thing about this product. I wish I could get my money back. DON'T USE THIS!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2011 6:46:00 PM More reviews by lizzylandau

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have to disagree with most of the reviews. This product worked great for me! I dye my hair red, so I got the "light auburn" color, and it matched exactly. It was so easy to apply with the comb applicator. Took only ten minutes to process and looks perfect. I will definitely be using this between coloring from now on.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2011 1:13:00 PM More reviews by Radchickee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Despite what the package claims, this did not match my existing hair color. I bought the darkest shade of brown and was surprised that it had way too many golden tones and was too light and not natural looking at all. It was so obvious I had done my roots and the new color didn't match. I tired this because of the gimmicky application tool, which was mediocre. I normally use Clairol root touch up and I'm going back to that.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2011 5:14:00 PM More reviews by xCassie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

This product is amazing! I bought this product on Sunday and before trying it on Monday I checked on the reviews. They were mostly negative but I decided to ignore them and go ahead and try it.

I applied the "medium blonde" color on my brown roots and they magically disappeared. I didn't expect it to match at all but I honestly couldn't be more pleased.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/23/2011 4:25:00 PM More reviews by twocents

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have to agree with everyone else on this one - I have dark highlighted blond hair. I decided to try and save money by using this to cover gray hair until I could get to the salon. Now I need someone to rescue me from the root rescue! I ended up with a med to dark shade of brown on the top of my head, and my reg dark blond pm the bottom. This does not match anything - it just creates some hybrid color that only half matches and leaves your hair a mess!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/11/2011 9:34:00 PM More reviews by Joyce1212

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Absolutely awful. As one other reviewer stated, my grey roots would have been preferable to the sickly reddesh color I obtained from this "dark brown" product.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/24/2011 8:06:00 PM More reviews by jade07030

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have resistant grey hair so I decided to double up the time to 20 minutes. This product did nothing to cover the grey. The only thing I liked about this kit was the brush applicator but what's the point when the dye doesn't even work. I'm going back to the Nice 'n easy root touch up kit.