Freeman Facial Clay Mask - Mint & Lemon

4.4

Not tested on animals

Water (Aqua), Kaolin, Bentonite, Titanium Dioxide, Propylene Glycol, Magnesium Aluminium Silicate, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Extract (Lemon), Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Leaf Extract (Peppermint), Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), Capric/Caprylic Triglyceride, Montmorillionite, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Polyacrylate, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Fragrance (Parfum), Yellow 5 Lake, Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090)

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

Like the Queen Helene mint julep mask, this one also did not work for me. Maybe because I have oily yet dehrydrated skin because the two times I've used this mask since purchasing it, my skin broke out. I've been on a good clear run with my skin lately ever since I switched to mild cleansing washes and facial serums. Before whenever I'd use harsh skincare products, my skin would over secrete oil causing my pores to clog and form pimples. Small bumps were always present over my face and neck but has cleared up pretty well over the last 2 months since adding a facial oil to my nighttime routine. However, within the last week since getting this mask from Ulta, my skin hasn't been doing so well. I haven't changed anything else in my skincare routine besides using this mask twice since last Thursday. I don't know what is us about this mask and the mint julep but although it works so well for many other users, it did the opposite for me. Sucks. I really wished this could have been an HG item. Will have to return to Ulta the first chance I get 😞

I only bought the sachet for trying it out so I can't say much for packaging, but the mask itself is great! :D Smells fresh, and apply nicely. When I wash off my skin feels super smooth and clean. Will definitely buy full size :)

on 5/19/2014 2:21:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Smells like mint which is lovely! It's a creamy clay consistency but dries hard on your face. I love it! It is cold on my face.. Kind of tingles which is nice. Afterwards, I feel refreshed and clean. Super cheap.. Under $4 CAD. Would buy again. Nothing bad to say about it.

on 5/15/2014 11:41:00 PM

One of my favourite Freeman Masks. This is so easily overlooked with the Chocolate one, the Charcoal one,and the awesome Avocado one but this one is basically what my skin needs. Helps with breakouts and great for inflammation when I pick at zits ( shut up, like you don't do it too!!)

on 5/14/2014 11:48:00 AM

Well, this is ok, but nothing special. I wouldn't buy again. I generally buy Lush masks and they are so much better than this one. The smell was kind of strange, somehow fake, not pleasant at all. The color was also visibly fake. And when I washed it off, my skin was the same as it was before I've used the mask. All in all, not buying again.

on 5/8/2014 9:37:00 PM

Consistency: This is probably one of Freemans thicker clay masks compared to the rest of them. It's smooth and creamy, making it easier to apply.

Color: It's a mint green color. Very pretty.

Scent: It smells like fresh crushed mint, with a hint of the citrus. I don't feel like it's overly strong and it didn't sting my eyes. But I imagine it would cause stinging with people who are sensitive to that.

Results: This is probably one of my favorite masks. It leaves my skin very smooth and cleaner looking pores. It absorbs oil and dirt but I don't find this to be over drying. This leaves my skin very balanced, not too dry and not too oily. Just right.

on 5/5/2014 3:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I use this once every three weeks in my regimen for problematic skin in the warmer months. I use this week before I get my facial when my skin is usually the most oily/dirty by then.
This stuff WORKS. The seeing every pore with the oil coming out is no lie. Afterwards my face literally felt different like all the gunk has gotten sucked out. I think the only bad thing is that using this mask too often could really be over kill. I only use this mask every other week, on monday after I work all weekend. It's really nice because I do long days in makeup so my skin feels really gross by monday morning. This stuff just sucks everything out like a sponge, it's pretty hard core. Bonus, it smells nice,

on 5/4/2014 9:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

This mask is great for my oily skin. It applied really smoothly and dried quickly. After rinsing off the mask, my skin felt so refreshed and clean. This is a daily routine in my skin care and it's crazy affordable.

This mask is drying so I do not recommend this for those with drier skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Its funny when I see beauty gurus on youtube suggest much more expensive higher end facial masks when there are many other cheaper alternatives out there. I mean, don't get me wrong, its your money, you do what you want with it. But, I have to wonder why, though? Anywho, having bought their charcoal and black sugar mask/scrub, pineapple mask, and dead sea salt mask I went ahead and got this one because I needed something for my oily, acne-prone skin to calm it down. First off, I love the way it smells: refreshing like a just cut lemon with mint as a backnote if that makes sense. Definitely does not smell like a bottle of Pledge when it comes to the lemon scent. The color kinda reminded me of toothpaste, but I could overlook that because it felt quite nice on my skin- cool, not tingly, and washed off well with no residue. Been using it for 2 days now and the acne has dried up and my skin isn't much of a grease slick anymore. Freeman has done it, again! Just like the rest, I bought them from drugstore.com for $3.99 for a 6 oz bottle which by the way I love looking at, its so bright and springtime looking! If you haven't tried this brand, please do, its the best and quite the bang for your buck.

this mask is definitely part of my skin care essentials. I have been using this for over a year now and absolutely love it. whenever i feel like I need a good detox mask, or that i have a few spots here and there, I put this on and it has noticably calmed down those spots after washing it off. I have normal-combo skin, and I barely get any acne anymore. I just have some scars left from previous acne, some blackheads/whiteheads. so after using this mask, it unclogs any pores and cleans them out making my skin feel soo refreshed and soft. not only that but the amount u get for the price is amazing. I got this for around $4 CAD at walmart. I have been using this for over a year weekly, and I still have a quarter of the bottle left. honestly, my holy grail.

Popular Masks