August 31, 2014 | 1665 users online

Lip Gloss - MAC - Strange Potion (Venomous Villains)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2010 11:23:00 AM More reviews by mimie

Since i got this beautiful gloss is the only one i put on my lips!! It is so natural and pretty. the ideal lipgloss for everyday use.Its natural simple but gives the right amount of colour so you don't look like dead.nude lips are fine but when you'll get this one you' hate them.it makes me glow! it really copliments my skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2010 11:21:00 PM More reviews by lilmisssunshine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was a bit on the fence when buying this, I told myself there would be similar colors out there that would be a dupe for this. I caved in when I swatched it on my lips, it's a very flattering shade of coral and would look great on every skin tone I believe. I can't stop looking at it once I applied, LOL

rated 3 of 5 on 10/18/2010 10:02:00 AM More reviews by thchocolateluver07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I was really excited for this lipglass to come out because in swatches it looked so gorgeous. Im not a big fan of lipgloss im more of a lipstick girl but since i loved the swatches so much of course i bought one right when it came out! I was so anxious to try it on and when i did I was a dissappointed. I was expecting a much more pigmented corally color but on me it was pretty sheer :( im guessing my lip pigmentation is stronger than the lipgloss pigmentation. I was so sad I wish it showed up way better :(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2010 9:01:00 AM More reviews by slimchicklovesMAC

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This ligplass looks like a nice pale, pink in the tube, but applies like a bright pink on me. I wanted something similar to MAC underage, but more pink and I thought this would be perfect. I was wrong. IMHO it is very similar to VG Cyndi l/g, which looked horrible on me. I'm going to apply one more time with different liner to see if I can pull it off without looking ghastly.

Update: 10/19/2010 - Paired this with chestnut liner and it looks great! Like a peachy neutral. Almost like what Freckletone would be on me if it were a gloss. So I will be keeping. BTW I'm C7 in MAC

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2010 12:50:00 AM More reviews by shaiomay1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

There was so much hype on this product, so I went to go get a tube. I really love corals and pinks. I am NC25ish for reference...asian. Anyway, this color looks wonderful. I bought two tubes since it is a limited edition product. I think it is well worth it. Perfect coral pink color and has a nice gloss to it. Perfect with smoky eyes or just everyday wear. It makes you look young and fresh. Beautiful color and I would recommend to everyone.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2010 6:52:00 PM More reviews by piratecaptain

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

Sorry everybody, but I don't think this lipgloss is all that special. In the tube it is pretty unique in the way that it is kind of milky pearl, instead of the usual base color + sparkles, and in the tube it IS a really gorgeous peach. HOWEVER, once applied to my lips it looks suspiciously like a 1960s light whitish frosty peach, much too icy for my coloring. To me it looks pretty pedestrian and dupeable, and reminds me of a pre-teen's first lipgloss. I prefer a golden, pink, or even bluish iridescence to this whitish-silver glow. I am sure that this lipgloss does look spectacular on tons of people, but if you are like me, and cringe at the words "icy peach" then this color is NOT for you. One good thing about this gloss is that it does have a slightly less sticky consistency than most other lipglasses, it's almost like MAC mated a cremesheen and a lipglass and came up with this new formula, and I like it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2010 9:49:00 AM More reviews by MissPhilly

I bought this the day it came out and have to say I'm glad I did! It is the perfect color for me especially since I've been on the hunt for a somewhat pigmented yet neutral lipglass. I probably shouldve bought two, let's hope that MAC repromotes this color in another collection!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2010 5:37:00 AM More reviews by lipbalmaddicted

I love this lipgloss !!!! in fact i bought 2 back up of this shade. It's just the perfect shade of pink/coral. This lipgloss is just sooooo pretty and work for everyday glos for me. I usually paired this with angel lipstick also by MAC and it's my everyday lip combo.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2010 12:45:00 AM More reviews by ingrid88

Yep I got a back up of this today!!! I normally dislike MAC lipglasses and always skip out on them in collections because I find them to be sooooo sticky and not opaque and no colour pay-off, just shimmer. But this one is decently pigmented and it's a BEAUTIFULLLL coral-pink shade unlike anything I've seen from MAC before!!! I love this colour soooo much and I think it would be flattering on all skin tones!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2010 7:59:00 PM More reviews by ginny133

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this lip gloss! It looks orangy in the tube but goes on sheer on my lips. I can wear it on my bare lips or layer on top of other similar tones of lipsticks. Very nice color enhancing gloss!