Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

Love this stuff!! Been looking for a powder that actually covers but doesn't look cakey and this is the one! I have it in translucent extra coverage. I don't mind the smell at all and I can see why this powder has been around so long it's definitely my HG :)

on 6/27/2014 2:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I bought this powder in translucent extra at my local Walmart. I checked online first to see if they had it at this Walmart and it is of a limited supply, but it's only around $6. Can't beat the price! I only saw a pretty tiny shelf supply of these, but I hope they they continue selling this! I read that translucent works on all skin tones and using a good powder would make skin look smooth and even. When I opened the adorable packaging, there was a sticker that blocked the holes, so there is no need to punch the powder yourself. The smell is a bit too strong for my liking, but you need to put a little powder on at a time so that it's not overwhelming. It does come with an adorable puff for a smooth application as well. I really liked how it looked on my skin and it is an excellent product. I wish the cap were a screw-on type cap, but it's not. I'd be careful if you were to travel with it.

on 6/9/2014 1:01:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

As boasted 'Coty Airspun luminous translucent loose powder' truly has a buttery smooth feeling that I am ecstatic about. I'm not crazy over the plastic cover over it though It is really tough and hard to cut through. This is not the same vintage product that some fondly remember and even though it is fragrance free it has isopropyl palmitate as the third ingredient.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

This powder is truly wonderful! It provides light coverage as others have stated, so don't purchase if you are expecting a foundation, although it'd be perfect if you have good skin. I have oily skin and it controls it quite well. It also makes the skin as smooth as velvet, more so than any other powder I have used.

I didn't find the scent offensive at all as some other reviews have said, I thought it was a charming vintage scent, like sweet baby powder. It faded after 10 minutes on me. I have it in the shade "Naturelle" which is a true ivory shade akin to Nars Chantilly, so don't get that one unless you have true ivory colored skin. Highly recommended!

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I bought Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder in Translucent Extra Coverage 070-41 for $6 or $7 from Kmart. This is a very fine powder that I both use as a foundation & to set my makeup on days I wear liquid/crème foundation. This powder does provide coverage, but it's nothing extraordinary. I admit I did not keep it mind that this is a powder; I was expecting literal coverage like a powder foundation—that's my fault. This powder does cover more than most others, but it's not wow.

I mostly wear this alone simply to cut down on shine & cut excess oil on my face. However, it's not too long-lasting & I'd have to reapply it if I carried it around with me. To be fair, though, I do have seriously oily skin & the majority of powders don't stay on my face for an extended period of time anyway. I have to reapply or touch up throughout the day & I don't like to do that because although the shade I got is translucent, it leaves a white cast on my face if I touch up too much or use a heavy hand while applying. I use the puffy applicator provided. The only complaint I have about Airspun is their smell. It's extremely fragranced. The smell is very strong & not the most pleasant, but it does fade away.

on 6/5/2014 1:35:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Well, I love this powder and it's "grandmother" scent! I use this in translucent. It's sets well with any foundation. Smooths out any imperfections and keeps any shine at bay. The affordable price is a plus! I wish the packaging was more convenient for on the go. Either way this will forever be a staple in my makeup collection :)

on 5/21/2014 12:18:00 AM

I love this powder! It sets any foundation perfectly! I have very fair skin and it is often hard to get a good match, so the light translucent powder looks perfect! Flawless, build-able coverage! I love the vintage, classic smell, even though it is admittedly a bit strong. It does fade however. The scent is very feminine and is part of what I love about the few vintage beauty products we still have today. A must for your vintage beauty routine!

on 5/18/2014 5:41:00 PM

a m a z i n g !

on 5/18/2014 4:21:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I bought this product when all the beauty gurus were raving about it. Overall it's a great setting powder. Also a good formula. It covers well without the cakiness. I would definitely buy again. Just love love it. The only con I found was the the smell. It's a very strong perfume smell but once it's on and what not I don't smell it. And I've notice a few people complaining about the cotton puff applicator. I do no use it. I wouldn't even consider it a con because I just use my MAC powder brush.

on 5/17/2014 7:40:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Very good.....AND HARD 2 FIND!! I bought 2 at my local kmart. I took the sifter off so I could just load up the powder puff it came with & it really is about the best thing I've found for oily skin. It does use up the container faster that a way so next container I am leaving the sifter on for economy purposes!! The one I am using now is translucent extra coverage but my other container is neutrally neutral I think it's called; I wanted to see the difference between the 2.

Edit 8/5/2015: I have been leaving the sifters on my powders since my review back when I first reviewed this and I find I can get enough powder out. I use this for "baking" where u leave the powder on for 15-20 mins then if there is excess I whisk it away w a fluffy brush (I use a Morphe one). Baking works supposedly better w colored powder rather than translucent so I purchased honey beige today to bake with & will update after baking w that for awhile. I was hoping that it won't be too dark but I need it to be imparting color on the skin. Baking is an old drag secret. I love Coty Airspun loose powder, best setting powder ever & I will always have it on hand and use it. It's cheap but hard to find still n if my kmart closes then I will be screwed n have to order it online. I've been using air spun forever... Ladies & gents she's baaaaking! Stay tuned....wakey wakey, eggs n baccy!!

Update 8/8/15: works wonderfully for baking! And isn't too dark. When I find this again I'm going to pick up a back up!! I would love to try Rosey Beige too. Coty Honey Beige Airspun is ideal for baking. A powder sent from the Gods to be able to bake with!! If u bake u need this powder in ur life.

Recommended for Normal Skin