September 17, 2014 | 1349 users online

Cleansers - CeraVe - Foaming Facial Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2014 7:52:00 PM More reviews by indianagirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This and other CeraVe products have truly saved my face. I was red, irritated, combo skinned and broke out all the time before I incorporated these products into my routine. I use the hydrating wash in the morning, and use this in the evening. I remove most my makeup and sunscreen with Albolene and then follow with two pumps of this, which I feel breaks down the rest better than the hydrating wash. My skin is clean but not stripped or irritated. No fragrance or dyes, and good additives like ceramides. The price is good considering it lasts several months, and the packaging is great. My skin barrier really has improved tremendously, and my skin is closer to normal than it has ever been. No breakouts, either. Have repurchased and will continue to do so.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2014 5:35:00 PM More reviews by RaquellaDeVille

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have used several cleansers over the years (usually ones by Olay, Neutrogena, and Aveeno) and have been pretty happy with them. But now that I have tried this Cerave cleanser...I will never go back to those awful cleansers. In comparison, they seem to be extremely drying, irritating, stripping, and full of nasty chemicals and dyes and scents that my face just doesn't need.

This cleanser is my "HG" now. It is truly amazing. It's incredibly gentle...no burning or stinging on my skin (or my eyes, if it happens to get in them). And afterwards my face doesn't feel dry and tight and dying for moisturizer. You can feel that this cleanser really doesn't break down your skin's natural barrier.

Since using this cleanser, my skin has never been more glowing, well-moisturized, and break out free. I feel like if everyone used this cleanser, we would all have healthier skin!

As a disclaimer...I don't really wear a lot of make up so I am not sure how well this removes make up. Sometimes it doesn't get my waterproof mascara off too well, and when that happens, I simply use a little coconut oil on my eyes to dissolve everything.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2014 10:25:00 PM More reviews by evenesence21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've used so many daily facial cleansers, its ridiculous!

This one actually works, doesn't dry out skin, leaves your skin soft, clean, and glowing. It's weird that a cleanser can leave your skin feeling so clean without any drying/tightness! It slightly foams/lathers nothing crazy and has no lingering smells.

This does not irritate skin at all and can be used often. This is a HG(holy grail) product for sensitive skin or anyone for that matter!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2014 11:57:00 PM More reviews by echiba

This is a great cleanser. Sure, it may be simple, but what more do you really want from a cleanser? I have acne prone, oily, sensitive skin and this gets me clean without that stripped, parched feeling. It lathers adequately, has no discernible smell other than "cleanser," and it doesn't have any irritating ingredients. It's a generous size with a sturdy pump, and it doesn't exacerbate my acne. I like that Paula has given this her "best of," rating, I feel like although this cleanser may not be doing anything super special for my skin, it's also not hurting it either.

I remove my makeup with an oil cleanser first so I can't say how great this is at removing makeup, but it does seem to do well getting off the last bits of it.

All in all a good buy. Don't expect it to change your life, but I'm not sure any cleanser really can.

EDIT 4/14
Edited to add another lippie. I've been using it for four months and I don't think I'll buy another cleanser. When I'm breaking out, or super sensitive or extremely dry, this cleanser always helps calm my skin. All I can say is, BUY IT.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2014 4:55:00 AM More reviews by Possum44

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my new absolute favorite!!! I got this for normal to oily skin as I have combination skin, acne prone and very sensitive. My face has always had a redness to it (fair with pink undertones) and my nose and chin are always red. Even with foundation, after a few hours my redness comes through on my nose (Rudolph!). So after buying this, at first I thought it was nothing special but I was looking for a cruelty free version of Aveeno Ultra Calming Face Wash.
I like that this is unscented and removes makeup well, but after about a week or so, oh my!!! My redness is gone! My nose is the same color as the rest of my face!! It has completed evened my skin tone!! When I wear my normal foundation/primer/powder, NO REDNESS comes through because my redness is gone! Seriously, it's miraculous, I've never seen my skin all one color before and just assumed my nose was naturally red. So this is like a miracle product to me and I just stare at my face with no makeup and love it! Plus after wearing foundation for 10 hrs, my nose is not red and no touchups required, it's kind of eased my oiliness. My skin looks more even, smooth, I've had no breakouts; my skin is pretty good but it's way better since using this! So excited to have found this!! Plus its affordable and can be picked up at Target or any drugstore. May not work for everyone's redness but i LOVE this!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2014 11:13:00 PM More reviews by jehill6612

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have combination skin yet acne prone. This cleanser does not make me break out. It also produces a nice lather that doesn't leave my skin feeling stripped of all moisture like most foaming cleansers do. My face clean and refreshed after using this. My dry patches have improved while using this also.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/6/2014 12:54:00 AM More reviews by SDSnyds

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Just average, nothing special. For being a 'foaming' facial cleanser I don't think it really lathers that well. Don't rely on this to remove your makeup. I only wear powder foundation and concealer and this has a tough time even getting that off. The bottle is not shower friendly either. It's big and bulky, tricky to hold and pump out and the label will peel off if you get it wet. Anyway, it's alright but it's not HG worthy.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2014 10:22:00 AM More reviews by Wink762

I have been using this product for about three months now and it wasn't until this past month that I realized how wonderful it is. I have acne prone, oily skin that was also becoming increasingly red. I am a product junkie and am constantly trying new products with the disillusioned belief that maybe one will magically give me a baby face. During my teenage years, I would get these horrible cysts that were filled with blood and all blue. The pill has helped to clear those up, but regular breakups are still an issue.

I started using this cleanser and mixing it with tea tree oil and lavender. I was also mixing tea tree oil into my moisturiser. While my skin was clearing up, I was getting more and more red. Fast forward to a month ago when I smeared straight Tamanu oil on my face (please, don't ever do this) and experienced a horrible bout of contact dermatitis. To give you a frame of reference, I once accidentally put nail polish remover on my face instead of toner and nothing bad happened- my skin was pretty hard core. It took about two weeks to heal and I couldn't use anything on my face during that time because I would become very itchy and bright red. It started to heal so I tried to spot treat with tea tree again and I had a second (even worse) bout of contact dermatitis. Now that I am healed, I have gone back to this cleanser and I can see how wonderful it is on my newly horribly sensitive skin. I tried Aveeno Calming Cleanser and Avene cold cream cleansing bar and they both made my face feel red and tight.

This cleanser does not irritate my skin and has calmed down the redness significantly. I also didn't break out during the typical weeks of my cycle that I do. Normally when I wash my face, it looks red or tight or oily after, but with this cleasner it looks exactly the same as it did before cleansing (which is a good thing).

I have learned that gentle is the way to go and am now trying to make up for 12 years of using harsh products on my skin. I haven't been able to wear foundation or cover up because of my reactions, so I have also gone down to washing my face every second day in the evening ONLY just to wash off the grime. I spray it with Avene Thermal water, wash with this cleanser and follow with Avene skin recovery cream. This new routine has balanced my skin out and my oiliness has decreased noticeably. This cleanser works so well that on my non wash days, my face doesn't feel dirty, gritty, greasy or anything. It looks plump and even toned. You only need a pea sized amount of this cleasner if you are not using it to remove make up, so it will last a long time. When I do wear make up, I start with Pre Cleanse from Dermalogica or just jump straight to this cleanser and follow up with a toner (usually Witch Hazel).

I know for some of you, the thought of only washing your oily/acne prone skin once a day, never mind just once every two days is a scary thought, but it has really benefited my skin that I have destroyed by constantly switching from one harsh thing to another. This cleanser has given me the most clear and even toned skin that I have since I was 12 (I am now 26). I used to have to redo my long wear foundation at lunch because the oil in my skin would break it down too quickly. but I would consider my oil production now to be about average.

This has been the best cleanser that I have found for my newly sensitized skin and I recommend anyone with oily skin to give it a try!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2014 3:05:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

I love this cleanser - it's mild and removes any last traces of make-up without irritating my skin. I usually use mineral oil to remove make-up, then remove it with a warm wet cloth, and finally use a mild cleanser to remove traces of oil. I tried CeraVe's Hydrating Cleanser but for some reason it always stung my skin. The Foaming Cleanser doesn't do this so I've been using it instead. On days I don't wear any make-up I use it alone and it's one of the few cleansers that doesn't leave my skin tight and dry. It also doesn't break me out, rinses clean and I love the pump (vs a squeeze tube - not so great when your hands are wet).

It's a great price, you get a lot of product (12 fl oz) and it lasts forever! Highly recommend for sensitive combo or oilier skin types.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2014 11:07:00 PM More reviews by Samieedeemua

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have used several bottles of this cleanser. It is by far my favorite.