CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser

Purified Water, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Peg-150 Pentaerythrityl Tetrastearate and Peg-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Niacinamide, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-II, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Sodium Chloride, Phytosphingosine, Citric Acid, Edetate Disodium, Dihydrate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have very oily/acne prone skin and I highly recommend this facial wash, it was actually recommended by my dermatologist. It really cleans the oil and other residue off your face without the harsh chemicals and leaves your face feeling clean and hydrated. I've noticed a huge difference since I started using it, actually makes my face more brighter and not as oily.
The prices are a little more pricier than other over the counter facial wash but this definitely worth the money. Walmart and Target are more less expensive compared to drug stores like CVS.
I love this product and highly recommend it!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

i've only been using this for a week and i normally prefer to wait a little longer before writing a review for a product, but this cleanser is SO amazing. my skin is very acne prone and i have tried countless products to try to combat my constant breakouts. recently though i realized that the only product i hadn't ever switched up was my cleanser; i've been using the same one for years without even thinking about changing it. but this cerave cleanser was recommended to me because it's supposedly more gentle than my other cleanser and less likely to irritate my skin and cause breakouts. it's only been a week but there is already a huge difference in my skin. i don't think my skin has ever looked as clear as it does right now. before, my chin and my cheeks were pretty much totally covered in tiny "pimples" that were really clogged pores that would NOT go away. right now i'd say about half of the ones i had have already cleared up. i'm SO happy that i found this.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

For anyone with oily, blemish prone skin I recommend this face wash 1000x over any face wash on the market, even if you have sensitive skin!! This face wash was developed with dermatologists and greek goddesses (okay maybe not but seriously THAT amazing). Due to it being non-comedogenic (won't clog your pores) it gives you that deep cleanse feel, all the while crafted with Hyaluronic acid (exfoliates chemically aka no little physical exfoliants aka only takes the dead skin cells not the new ones) and splashed with ceramides (helps moisturize skin so your skin won't be feeling tight and taut like most acne cleansers) **Disclaimer: I'd like to start off by saying I am a well educated beauty consultant and make most of my money on a commission base and this face wash in particular does not fall under the category that I would make commission off of like prestige brands that my store offers and you have my word I would recommend this cleanser over any prestige acne care line ANY day. (Mind you I've also spent a fortune on expensive skin care and nothing compares to CeraVe)** even if you don't have oily skin CeraVe has a cleanser for normal to dry skin you will most definitely fall in love with. Stop what you're doing and buy CeraVe today!!!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

So, I have combination skin. Extremely oily nose, moderately oily forehead and chin and normal cheeks.

For the longest time I was using African black soap. It's all natural and I've heard it's really good for acne and oily skin. However, it does dry your skin out so often times after using it, my skin felt tight and a little afterwards I would get really oily. However, I used it for a couple of years and never really had anything else significant happen to my skin. In addition to that, I also used MOM so if kept me matte for most of the day.

Fast forward to this year and this summer my face just started becoming insanely oily. I quit using MOM because I had heard it was bad for you skin and stuck to using powders, but the powders just wouldn't work and I was becoming so oily after only a few hours and had to constantly blot and use powder. I got tired of it, so I started using Rimmel's Stay Matte primer. It worked for a while, but after a few weeks my skin got used to the Rimmel and eventually I was oily but I also started breaking out....badly....nearly every day I had a new spot and they stayed! I've never had this issue with my skin before. I only breakout during that time of the month so I was puzzled because this was the worst condition my skin had been in since high school. It also had a rough texture to it. I stopped using the primer, but nothing changed.

I was having a conversation with a friend about a face cleansing routine and she said black soap really strips your skin and suggested I try a nice, soft, unscented cleanser such as CeraVe. I saw the price and was a bit hesitant but decided to try it anyways and I can say it was the best decision EVER! It took just a week, maybe 2 before I saw the difference. My acne started clearing up, my pores closed up giving my skin a smooth appearance, and the best thing is....my skin is NOWHERE near as oily as it was. I would say this is the best condition my skin has been EVER! I mean, I can get away with simply blotting and that has never been the case with me. Now my skin looks dewy at first and not like an oil slick and it's quite nice. I'm convinced the black soap was drying my skin out and then adding a mattfying primer really messed up the ph of my skin and dried it out more so my skin just went on an oil producing overload.

On top of that, after washing my face, I don't notice any tightness or oiliness and it actually makes my skin feel refreshed.

Although the price is steep on this, I really think it's worth it.

CeraVe has 2 cleansers: Foaming Cleanser (for Normal to Oily skin) and Hydrating Cleanser (for Normal to Dry skin).

This foaming cleanser is nice! It's a gentle cleanser that doesn't dry out my skin. It come out in a syrup-y texture but foams up really nicely. Not too foamy, but just the right amount of foam and feels good against my skin.

It's not a deep cleaning cleanser though but it's perfect for my hypersensitive skin. Especially for days when my skin is feeling extra sensitive but still needs to be cleaned, I can use this cleanser and it will clean my face well without irritating it. Seeing as how it doesn't "deep clean" i do switch it up with my regular cleansers.

I use this cleanser along with the Moisturizing Lotion from CeraVe (in the morning) and beauty oils (at night and sometimes in the morning when i don't wear makeup). (argan oil / rosehip oil / jojoba oil)

Overall, I would repurchase this. I do find it rather pricey though. $15.99CDN for 355ml. Will try and wait for a sale when repurchasing.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

This product was neither here nor there for me. Love how it is non irritating for my skin, but didnt feel like it washed my face well enough at the end of the day.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

LOOOOOOVE IT!!!! I use the entire Cerave line and I am sooo happy with it! They dont sell it over here in Europe, but I saw a lot of bloggers talking about it so decided to give it a try and ordered it of Amazon. Best decision I have ever made ^.^ I use the AM and PM moisturizers and decided I wanted this one too. A little Goes a loooooong way! I rub my full make up face in with coconut oil, let it sink in for a minute, than take a pump of this awesome cleanser (one pump looks like it isn't enough, but that look is deceeeiving! When I put it on my face it changes from gel into foam, I rub it in for 30 seconds and rinse off with warm water. After that, no dry skin, it deels soft and clean. I only use one cotton with miscelair (sorry spelling seems way Off but dont feel like Googling the right way) water (there's almost no make up left) and my face is good to go! Seriously, best cleanser ever and soooo cheap. The bottle is huge, I am telling you, HUUUUUGE. And the ingredients are superb

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This cleanser is fantastic! It lathers well, is gentle, has the appropriate pH, and doen't dry out my skin or cause break outs. The pump packaging is convenient. What a great product! It's my new HG cleanser.

I was just recently diagnosed with Rosacea and Excema. My Dermatologist recommended I switch all my products to CeraVe. I was also sent with several samples of CeraVe Products. The only thing they didn't have was this particular item. I used up my sample of the CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser and really liked it, but I needed something that would remove make up as well. I am so happy I purchased this cleanser! My face is getting better and better with each use and it doesn't dry my face out at all. There is absolutely no fragrance which can be boring to someone with normal skin that can tolerate pretty smelling cleansers, but for those who have skin issues this is definitely a plus. As far as the reviewers below who say this is of "Syrupy" consistency, I don't have that feeling. It also foams up rather nicely and removes make up well without the use of a wash cloth which is a big, No, No for those who suffer with Rosacea or Excema. This will definitely be a staple in my regimen. It is also a pretty decent value for the amount you get. I also currently use the CeraVe Hydrating Cleansing Bar from the neck down, CeraVe AM, CeraVe PM, CeraVe Lotion, CeraVe SA Cream, CeraVe Moisturizing Cream. I only wish they made a shampoo and conditioner (I would definitely use that). Another added bonus is that CeraVe doesn't test on animals......

I have combination skin, with cheeks that are normal most of the time but tend to go dry and flaky if I try to use oil-controlling cleansers, and I have yet to find a HG cleanser. I was hoping that the Cerave foaming cleanser might be it, but unfortunately after using it on and off for several months I have to give in and say that this one isn't for me, either.

I used this as the second part of a two-step cleansing process, after a make-up removing balm or oil.

Pros:
- You get a lot of product for your money.
- Feels nice on the skin.
- Didn't cause any particular reactions, no purging or breakouts, etc.
- Packaging feels nice, sturdy and "medical," for want of a better word.
- Seems to clean fairly well, as a second cleanse.

Cons:
- Doesn't remove all makeup so wouldn't recommend as a first-step or single cleanser.
- Didn't find that it controlled oil production much.
- Fairly drying on cheeks - gave me dry and flaky patches which showed up under foundation.

Overall I would say this is an okay cleanser, certainly not the worst I have used, but it didn't improve my skin at all.