Lancome Teint Miracle

3.9

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 3%. Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Alcohol Denat, Phenyl Trimethicone, Glycerin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, PEG/PPG/Polybutylene Glycol-8/5/3 Glycerin, Rosa Gallica Flower Extract, Talc, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Methicone, Alumina, Aluminum Hydroxide, Magnesium Sulfate, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, Polyethylene Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate; May Contain: Red 28 Lake, Red 7, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Blue 1 Lake, Bismuth Oxychloride, Iron Oxides.

I have dry flaky skin, and need coverage. This felt beautiful going on but the coverage is like tinted moisturizer and it didn't cover anything regardless of the number of layers. It looked nice when layered with a bit of powder (to cover pores) and concealer but it was gone in an hour. This was like a mediocre BB with no benefits. The packaging is beautiful. By the way these shades go on alarmingly light compared to other Lancôme foundations but don't panic (I'm a 210 Buff C/N kind of person in most of their foundations)- it settles into the skin and blends immediately into the shade it's supposed to be. This may be nice for someone with minimal coverage needs or I was thinking of trying it layered under a powder foundation to avoid that embalmed look.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is a review for the Aug 2014 reformulation.

I bought this in Tokyo, and use the shade O-01. It's the lightest neutral offered, not sure how it would translate to US/EU colour names. The shades run VERY pale. I think you'd like it if you were NC/NW 10-15.

Briefly:
This foundation makes my skin look flawless and polished with sheer to med coverage.
This foundation is truly weightless and doesn't look/feel like makeup on the skin.
It is long-wearing, even on my oily skin.
It slightly covers pores.
It definitely covers redness.
It never cakes, creases, or sink into pores.
It blends instantly and has a natural, luminous finish.
It makes my skin look so perfect and I'm in love with this.

I never used the original formula, because I was so turned off by the amount of alcohol and the smell of alcohol of the product. This reformulation still includes alcohol, but it's definitely much less. It doesn't dry out my skin or accentuate dry patches whatsoever. This formulation has an old-school Lancome rose fragrance that just brings back so many memories for me and I have to say I love it.. Despite the alcohol and fragrance, this foundation doesn't irritate my sensitive skin prone to cystic acne and rosacea flareups.

I put this on 7am, go to work, come home, and take it off in my shower at midnight. So 16-17 hours of wear.. and even after blotting every 4-5 hours on my oily skin, this foundation has minimal fading, and absolutely no caking or creasing. It truly is long-wear without feeling heavy, and I'm so impressed because I really do have oily, oily skin. But maybe my makeup base and loose powder are also contributing to the long wear time of this foundation.

I wear Lancome's Asian-exclusive UV Expert sunscreen as my makeup base, apply the foundation with either a damp Beauty Blender or Lancome's Miracle sponge which was released with this reformulation, and set with Lancome's Absolue Loose powder.

I use a pea-size amount of the foundation, and it blends so easily and really just makes my skin look perfect without it looking like I'm wearing much makeup. I use concealer to cover blemishes, and the products blend well together. The finish is not really dewy. It's also not satin. I would describe it as radiant, luminous, barely there. It won't cover acne scars, but it makes my complexion even and fresh.

This foundation is also supposed to have some kind of "Aura-Bright Technology" which I am sure is just marketing BS. But I do have to say that I've checked myself out in various lighting situations, and my foundation never looks grey or yellow. It always looks bright and fresh!

I am so crazy about this foundation! I recommend this to anyone of any skin type, except maybe if you have discolourations.

I don't know if it flashes back (it has SPF 15) but I would FOR SURE wear this foundation to my wedding, because it really does make my skin look its best!

on 10/29/2014 12:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've been trying for quite some time now to find a match to my NC 25 skin tone. The SAs seem befuddled. They've given me bisques or buffs, one even tried ivoire. None of these seem quite right.

And to top it off this goes on quite heavy on my normal dry skin. My skin is in pretty good shape thanks to accutane for rosacea so I don't like heavy coverage and I ONLY get medium to heavy coverage with this. And I get no glow either, just chalky powdery mess.

I will have to give up on this. Was looking for something skin-like and this just does not fit my skin no matter what I put under it first: primer, moisturizer, sunscreen.

on 10/14/2014 9:16:00 PM

This is my favorite foundation and I own a few, but this is one of the best I've ever used. It covers redness and evens my skin tone so well. I apply this with my fingers and it blends so well. I could get away with my fingers but I do go over it with my buffing brush. It makes my skin look like my skin but better. I like to use TonyMoly morning pack primer which is water based. This foundation goes on in the am and lasts till I get home it melts into the skin really well. So it doesn't fade IMO just blends better as the day goes by. It has a really nice finish my skin doesn't look crazy dewy or flat. It really goes for a nice middle ground.

I've worn this all night and just for a few hours and it does both very well. I use about 2 pumps and that includes going over my forehead twice because I have a lot of redness. I think this would cover some acne but I only get an occasional hormonal spot and it works on that. Any concealer I need I do before I put this on. I use some yellow corrector on my redness. A light application of powder and then I apply this. It lasts so long this way. I think this is a light to medium coverage foundation. More light for me but it can be built. I like to set it with Hourglass powder in Diffused or Tartes. I do not get shiney with this for hours. If I need a touch up its usually just a little powder.

I really don't need much with this. I wear it in ivorie 2 (c) and I'm an NW20,N1, and that shade is a perfect match with my skin. You only need a little bit so this lasts a very long time. I use this almost daily and it hasn't made a dent in the bottle since. To me it's worth the money it gives me the finish I like and it lasts. Recommend!

on 10/10/2014 12:19:00 PM

This used to be my absolute favourite product when I had dry skin. Would definitely recommend to anyone with dry or normal skin, it's beautifully radiant and light on the skin. Gives a flawless look I loved it. No longer using it due to getting a bit oilier skin which tends to make this makeup less durable. Still looks gorgeous though!

on 10/7/2014 5:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This is great but the renergie lift and firm is up a notch!

on 10/5/2014 8:45:00 PM

I do enjoy this foundation and it has a great color range. The only problem is that it's not a long wearing foundation. The back of the bottle says to reapply every two hours. This is almost like a bb cream foundation hybrid.

on 10/2/2014 3:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I have incredibly sensitive skin, I'm allergic to lavender, cucumber, and a lot of foundations. I've tried other high end brands, but I have the same result; rashes, burning skin, then I came across Lancome, I decided to give it a go, and wow am I glad I did! It gives me great coverage without feeling thick and doesn't go cakey. After trying this, I don't think I'll try any others! Such a lovely feeling product.

on 10/1/2014 10:00:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I have been searching for a good foundation for my combination skin that has been quite acne prone in the last few months. I checked the ingredients before requesting a sample and they seemed ok.

I was matched to the shade 035, which wasn't a perfect colour match but managed to look good on me. The foundation applied very smoothly and provided a lovely lightweight yet medium coverage. It was a bit dewy (probably because I used it on top of my very light textured sunscreen) but still very flattering, especially when set with MUFE invisible setting powder.

A couple of hours later I was an oil slick. Now, I now my skin is combination but still. I was not expecting to look like I could fry an egg on my face. Sorry for the graphic description. So this foundation proved to be useless, at least when paired with sunscreen.

I need to make a point before continuing. My chin has been breaking out for the last few months. I have been using benzoyl peroxide and the day before I tried this foundation I actually admired my face in the mirror and I thought 'my breakouts are so much better. They are healing nicely, scars and less noticeable...' My chin is looking the best it has in months'.

To my dismay, after removing my make up I noticed my chin was red and irritated. Next morning I had two huge pimples, very inflamed, angry looking and huge white heads. It is quite frustrating and shocking to find out that using the wrong product only once can cause so much damage. Now, I know my skin has been reactive anyway but it was clearing! And this foundation, even when used only once, set me back a few weeks of progress made!

To sum up I would not recommend this to anyone. However, if you have tough skin and you never breakout and you have dry skin, then this might work for you. I know this works for a lot of people, but with that amount of alcohol (you can smell it) I wonder how bad it is actually going to effect your skin in the long term.

on 9/25/2014 11:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

The main reason I would not use this foundation again is because it did not match my skin tone well. I'm very pale and went with the lightest shade, but once I put it on and it dried it got an orangey tinge. Also I found this foundation did not help much with oil control, my face often got oily quickly after wearing this!