Cover Girl Lash Blast Volume

Water, Glyceryl Stearate, Ammonium Acrylates Copolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Triethanolamine, Acrylates Copolymer, Synthetic Wax, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Lecithin, Propylene Carbonate, Polyethylene, Oleic Acid, Alcohol Denat., Benzyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Xanthan Gum, Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Trisodium EDTA, Simethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Iron Oxides. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Ultramarines.

on 12/16/2014 11:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I tried this mascara a few years ago and I wasn't impressed. Back then I wasn't using lash primer which makes a world of difference with my lashes. (short, very thin, Asian lashes)
I picked up a tube as it was on sale to see how it would perform with a lash primer and I must say the results are much better.
I don't get the thick lashes that I do when I use Voluminous but Lash Blast doesn't clump like Voluminous can. Overall, the result is reasonably long lashes with decent volume.
I like the 'winged' look this mascara gives me as well.

Staying power is very good although removal takes a bit of effort but it's nothing like trying to remove waterproof mascara.
I can't miss the orange tube in my makeup bag either. (maybe Cover Girl can make the tube a bit smaller?)

Would I repurchase? Most likely.

EDIT to add: this mascara seems to fade by the end of the day. Maybe it's the wax in the list of ingredients and while I still like this mascara, I'm changing the rating to 3.5 lipsticks because a mascara should last all day

on 12/15/2014 7:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I remember loving this mascara when I first tried it a couple years ago. I purchased it again recently and I'm just not feeling the love. I really love the lash blast clump crusher -- for the non-clumping and separation alone -- and this wand kind of does the same, but it has zero wow factor. It does give me volume if I wiggle that humongous brush right into my lash line. It just doesn't perform as good as some others I've tried.

on 12/14/2014 8:49:00 PM

My favorite mascara of all time and I've tried at least 25 mascaras. Better than benefit they're real better than any high end. highly recommended.

on 12/14/2014 11:32:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

My new favourite mascara!

This mascara gives beautiful volume, fanned out lashes, no clumps. Doesn't feel heavy or goopy like some other mascaras. One coat does the job! My only complaint is that the brush is awkward to hold, thus knocking off one star.

on 12/11/2014 8:24:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

My HG mascara! So, so good. I use the washable version because I like being able to wash of my mascara very, very easily at the end of a long day. I have one coat of this on every single time I go out. It does the job really well. When it's a special occasion I build it up by putting on another coat. When I do this people always ask me if I have falsies on!

In all honesty I have naturally curved and relatively long and thick lashes, so a lot of mascaras usually work for me. But this one just beats all that I've used so far. It is easy to apply, doesn't smudge or run at all, buildable, comes in waterproof and washable versions, evens my eyelashes out nicely, and doesn't damage my lashes or cause them to fall.

This mascara is the queen of drugstore mascaras. Probably the only bad thing about it is how inaccessible it is where I'm from (I always buy it online), and how tacky the orange packaging is. Yikes.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

like any teenage girl, I am forever looking for my perfect mascara. I have tried over 10 different types, brands and styles in the last 1-2 years, and this is my favourite so far! my lashes are naturally thin and light with little to no volume. this mascara works perfectly for me! it makes my lashes noticeably darker, and adds volume, but unfortunately not much length. I like the brush, because it is different, but still looks simple (not to over-the-top!) I mean, I wear this almost every day to school, so I wouldn't want anything too dramatic! however, I think the handle is a little awkward (maybe a little too big) but it is still very easy to apply. the mascara itself is a little too creamy in my opinion, but unfortunately starts to flake badly in 7-8 hours. I think that isn't so bad because, honestly, once I get home from school I just do homework anyways so I don't really care what I look like ha ha ha! finally, at the end of the day it is very easy to remove (I use balea oil-free eye-makeup remover.) Overall, I really enjoy using this product and would recommend it to anyone!

on 11/15/2014 2:48:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

My absolute favorite drugstore mascara. Gives dept store brands a run for the money. Very effective stuff.

on 11/11/2014 3:25:00 PM

I think this is my 10th tube or more of this mascara and I am just now reviewing it. I figured many people already loved it so why bother. Anyway, this is probably my no fail HG mascara of all time. It's inexpensive, widely available everywhere and it works. My biggest annoyance with mascara is smudging. Everything I use around my eyes smudge. I haven't found an eyeliner that doesn't smudge ! This mascara doesn't smudge and takes off when I am ready to take it off at night. I don't even use the waterproof formula. It makes my eyelashes look so black and full. I love it !

on 11/7/2014 2:16:00 PM

I think I'm on my 5th tube of this?
This is probably my favourite mascara. It gives natural looking volume and length. It isn't clumpy, and doesn't flake on me. It is easily removed at the end of the day with either eye makeup remover or just cleanser - a feature I look for because I hate mascaras that are hard to remove, I feel like those take out all my eyelashes. I also like the silicon brush. Overall, a good, inexpensive, every day mascara.

on 10/25/2014 12:23:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

Awful! Thick clunky packaging. Lashes clumped and sticky. I found the wand too short and the handle too big. Dreadful results. Would not recommend it. Would not buy it again.

Video Reviews & Tutorials