October 20, 2014 | 892 users online

Bath Treatments - Burt's Bees - Apricot baby oil [DISCONTINUED]

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2008 1:54:00 AM More reviews by sqdata

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I rarely write reviews - but this is the only thing I've found in the last couple of months to alleviate my really dry, ashy, crappy and super itchy skin. I own every lotion under the sun, and nothing had been working until I ran across reviews for this and bought a bottle. Instead of directly putting the oil on, I pour half of it into my kiehls yellow lotion (because there's no scent to mess with and because it's so thick) and shake it up: easy application without all the dripping, super soft and smooth skin - and no itch! I already bought another bottle so I won't be without it :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2008 10:16:00 PM More reviews by NuMama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got one bottle for my newborn's baby shower and I bought another one for my three year old. The three year old's was purchased online and when I received it it smelled musty. It must have been old and gone rancid. The baby's bottle began smelling musty as well about two months after using and I had to throw out more than half a bottle.. The oil worked fine for the baby but still left my three year old with ashy legs after an hour...he's been cursed with my dry skin! I don't understand why any company would put a bath and body product, especially oil, in a glass bottle? So, overall it was not worth the money considering the oil was wasted and didn't work well for one of the kids.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2008 10:48:00 PM More reviews by JGarfield

I love the smell of this oil. I use it after the bath on my little one and her skin is so soft and smooth! I have also used several capfuls in the bath for extra moisturizing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2008 8:33:00 AM More reviews by illeyad

This is my favorite body oil! It is as everyone has described, it smells like honey apricot. This is great for my legs after shaving, it makes my legs feel so smooth and soft! I also love using this as bath oil. The scent disappears into the bath water, but my skin is left very soft and lightly moisturized after.

I would highly recommend this for any skin type, I have acne prone skin and this product has not irritated me what so ever.

My only complaint is the packaging. It comes in a glass screw top bottle, and I am always nervous of dropping this. Other than that, I donít mind the overall look of the packaging, besides itís whatís inside that counts!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2008 10:56:00 AM More reviews by lzwolinski

This oil is really fantastic! I find it to be super high quality, extremely hydrating and soothing, as well as very luxurious. Especially for the price! Works as well as high end oils! It has a light and delicate honey and apricot scent, thought the honey is a bit more pronounced than the apricot. I love to use it in a warm bath (just a little bit goes quite a long way) -- It seems like my skin is very receptive to this oil. It's as though the product is absorbed instantly and that the moisture is retained for hours. This is also a wonderful candidate as a straight up body oil -- I really like to use it on my knees and elbows for an extra dose of moisturizing power! :) For me the only downside is the awful packaging, but that really is nothing new for Burt's...

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2008 6:28:00 PM More reviews by Extrapolate73sp

The product itself I love, the packaging, not so much. I use this as an after-shower body oil, and it moisturizes so well. It's natural, and contains many good oils for the skin, including apricot kernel oil, grapeseed oil, and wheat germ oil. The smell is sweet and comforting, but not overwhelming. Unfortunately, it comes in a glass bottle, which is cumbersome and a potential bathroom hazard. I found it much easier to transfer the oil into a squirt bottle.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2008 10:02:00 PM More reviews by moorkitty

I wanted a light body oil and this was recommended on the boards. I paid $14.99 Cdn. for 4 ounces, cheaper than Clarins body oils, but more expensive than plain old apricot oil. This product has a comforting honeyed floral scent, not too much like apricots IMO, it leaves a sheen on the body and soaks in fairly quickly. The bottle is delightful but a little cumbersome and it's easy to spill product, but that's not a big negative for me. I am pleased they use glass to package the oil rather than plastic. I was using straight jojoba on my body but the Burt's is more substantial and I think I will like this for winter. Also nice to rub on one's hands.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2008 10:43:00 PM More reviews by unloveable82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The packaging is sloppy, but i love the product, ive used it on and off for years.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2008 6:40:00 PM More reviews by yovivbabe

Love this. I've really been trying to switch to a less chemical body moisturizer (I use enough chemicals on my face). For me, this has proved problematic because nothing is as moisturizing as Jergen's Ultra Healing or Curel Ultra Healing. Baby Bee oil has been the first thing that doesn't leave me feeling parched after an hour, and my skin is left soft, not greasy. Plus, the smell is absolutely lovely. I can't stop smelling my arms when I use this. It is ridiculously expensive for the small amount you get, and I truly wish they would just put it in a larger package (charge more, fine), but I'll keep repurchasing it. And I've learned from p'ville that they used to make a perfume in this scent--how could they discontinue such a beautiful, simple fragrance? =( Anyway, great product. My current obsession.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2008 12:17:00 PM More reviews by Gabriel679

I have used this on my daughter since her birth - she's going on 6 months and she never has any skin issues, such as dryness, itching, flaking, etc. It smells great and absorbs quickly - what a wonderful product for a newborn baby's delicate skin. I think it is much more gentle than the normal "baby" products on the market.

I also use it as a moisturizer, and it does great with that too. Highly recommended.