November 28, 2014 | 1648 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Too Faced - Primed and Poreless Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2012 1:00:00 PM More reviews by CamiChicken

This is the best translucent powder I've veer tried.
I use it as primer or as a setting powder, but not as both at the same time.

As a primer, this leaves my skin sooo smooth and soft at the touch. The foundation I use usually oxides very quickly on my oily skin ( Revlon colorstay) but this helps to keep the color for a very long time, which I love.
As a setting powder it does pretty much the same job, you have to apply only a tiny bit or it'll look white on the skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/19/2012 1:08:00 AM More reviews by hellothere2013

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

So since I've been getting into BB creams and tinted moisturizers, I've been in search for a translucent powder to help mattify my skin. Maybe the tester was old, but I appreciated the yellower tint and thought it was intentional. I loved how silky it felt as well. I recognized the smoothness and thought, "Ok, this is a bit pricey, but it's something I will use everyday."

I happily left the store and tried it on a tinted foundation. "Hmm the powder doesn't look yellow anymore," I realized. I ignored the prickling and nagging concious about how this product was JUST like E.L.F HD powder, as both products main ingredient is silica. "But it isn't," I tried to fool myself. "Too Faced has honeysuckle extract. TWO kinds of honeysuckle extract. E.L.F HD doesn't!!" But alas, I later succumbed to the fact that I was ripped off as my face looked super white and dry. Poreless, yes, but dry.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2012 4:02:00 PM More reviews by DollyPetra

This powder works like magic! I use just a tad over my MUFE Mat Velvet and the combination is wonderful. This powder gives a great finish and really does lessen the appearance of my pores.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2012 3:09:00 AM More reviews by liviiflutelouu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a great finishing powder that will give you a very smooth looking complexion. It's a super super fine texture, similar to MUFE's HD powder. You can apply this as a primer too before you put on your foundation, but I only use it as a finishing touch..it actually is the only powder I apply after my foundation. I was very happy to see that it kept my face matte all day even when I was visiting Florida which was crazy humid at the time!! Overall, this is a nice product for oily skin, & for people who want to stay matte all day without looking/feeling cakey.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2012 3:15:00 PM More reviews by amenis

I absolutely love this finishing powder. I have been using it for a few years. I've tried other products and they simply did not compare. This product is very light but can get too powdery if you apply heavily.

I actually use a little brush or powder buff to press in the powder into my pores after I apply my foundation. IT WORKS MIRACLES. Sometimes I will dust it all over my face but when used for on the spot "fill in"...it's amazing.

A little press here and there and I stay matte all day.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2012 1:35:00 PM More reviews by JESSICA85

This powder is extremely finelly milled and fine. Upon initial application the skin looks soft and pores are diffused. I have huge pores and some acne scarring on my cheeks and this didnt cling on or make those appear any worse. Although it mattifies the skin it doesnt leave a chalky appearance instead I would describe it as a lovely satin finish. I have very combination skin with some dry patches. I applied this over my NARS sheer glow foundation. Initially this looked great like a soft focus lens over my base but after about an hour and a half I turned into a greasy faced mess! I think anyone speaking to me could see their reflection in my forehead. It would have been better to just not powder at all which I've done and have not gotten anywhere near this shiny. I saw a picture taken when wearing this (it was my sisters birthday) and OMG embarassing, the shine. Another downfall for me is the price $28 for .16 oz is a bit extravagant. That ends up being approximately $175 per ounce! Most loose powders come in 1 oz quantities such as the LM translucent powder...Nars is 1.35 oz. Chanel 1 oz. The packagins is cute and the stopper over the vents is a good idea but mine still leaked out a little. I am returning this ASAP. Not worth the extravagant price. The initial appearance is lovely but I would have to carry this and reapply to maintain tha appearance and at $175 an ounce no can do!

6 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 3/29/2012 11:34:00 AM More reviews by Mommyandmore

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

How I tried it: (1) Under foundation as a primer; (2) As a powder to set makeup.

Temporary effects: Foundation looks "set" and satiny.

Long-term results: Skin started to itch horribly after about an hour--I wanted to claw my face off. I also noticed 4 new breakouts on my chin where I had applied the powder. Were the breakouts from a sensitizing ingredient, from unrelated hormonal changes, or because it caused me to touch my face more frequently throughout the day? All I know is that my skin was great the week before and now I have major spots to conceal. Thumbs down.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2012 4:01:00 PM More reviews by drFrankincense

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Tried: LM translucent setting powder, rimmel stay matte, chantecaille loose powder, other finishing powders. I still get oil break through or look shiny after 4 hours, needing to apply more powder :/

I think primed and poreless is amazing. I work at a makeup counter and this product leaves my makeup looking fresh like from the morning. I hate looking shiny or "extra dewy" so this fits the bill perfect.

How I use it: I use foundation first Benefit Hello Flawless liquid in Ivory, then use a puff with Primed and Poreless all over my face, pat pat pat. Finish all the rest of my makeup. Don't use this as a touch up powder, you wont need it, and it'll make you look all white and powdery. Use it to set your makeup and that's it. You'll look beautiful all day!! And until the next morning if you havent washed your face ;)

I experienced no itching, allergies, or reactions.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/29/2012 4:33:00 PM More reviews by PussPuss1

I tried this in the shop, and it didn't do anything at all for my pores - very disappointing, glad I didn't buy it. I can't understand why it's got such good reviews.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2012 11:29:00 PM More reviews by euroazia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I put this on my face as a primer (just the areas where my pores are visible, not the whole face) then my liquid foundation, then put it on over foundation as a setting powder.
My pores dissappear. It's pretty awesome.