August 22, 2014 | 1106 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Too Faced - Primed and Poreless Powder

rated 2 of 5 on 3/29/2012 11:34:00 AM More reviews by Mommyandmore

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

How I tried it: (1) Under foundation as a primer; (2) As a powder to set makeup.

Temporary effects: Foundation looks "set" and satiny.

Long-term results: Skin started to itch horribly after about an hour--I wanted to claw my face off. I also noticed 4 new breakouts on my chin where I had applied the powder. Were the breakouts from a sensitizing ingredient, from unrelated hormonal changes, or because it caused me to touch my face more frequently throughout the day? All I know is that my skin was great the week before and now I have major spots to conceal. Thumbs down.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2012 4:01:00 PM More reviews by drFrankincense

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Tried: LM translucent setting powder, rimmel stay matte, chantecaille loose powder, other finishing powders. I still get oil break through or look shiny after 4 hours, needing to apply more powder :/

I think primed and poreless is amazing. I work at a makeup counter and this product leaves my makeup looking fresh like from the morning. I hate looking shiny or "extra dewy" so this fits the bill perfect.

How I use it: I use foundation first Benefit Hello Flawless liquid in Ivory, then use a puff with Primed and Poreless all over my face, pat pat pat. Finish all the rest of my makeup. Don't use this as a touch up powder, you wont need it, and it'll make you look all white and powdery. Use it to set your makeup and that's it. You'll look beautiful all day!! And until the next morning if you havent washed your face ;)

I experienced no itching, allergies, or reactions.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/29/2012 4:33:00 PM More reviews by PussPuss1

I tried this in the shop, and it didn't do anything at all for my pores - very disappointing, glad I didn't buy it. I can't understand why it's got such good reviews.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2012 11:29:00 PM More reviews by euroazia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I put this on my face as a primer (just the areas where my pores are visible, not the whole face) then my liquid foundation, then put it on over foundation as a setting powder.
My pores dissappear. It's pretty awesome.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2012 12:21:00 PM More reviews by Jellyblob

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This powder is great for setting foundation but I agree with the other reviewers here that it is so finely milled it flies in the air even as you put the brush down to it. Definitely not for carrying around in you bag as powder will be everywhere when you unscrew the cap. However, this powder is so effective that I have only had to apply it once and no touch ups were necessary for the rest of the day. My t-zone can get shiney and this powder keeps me matte with a very natural finish (no powdery/white cast).

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2012 3:40:00 PM More reviews by birdybee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product does a nice job of setting my foundation and controlling shine. I do not like it as a primer, though. It really did nothing for me. It can be a bit messy, as the powder is very finely milled so it gets everywhere during appliation. I think this is just okay and I will probably search for a new setting powder once I've finished this one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2012 5:55:00 PM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm on the fence as to whether or not I would buy this powder again, simply because there are so many really good setting powders out there and I've got 3 or 4 of them. Having said that, Primed and Poreless does a beautiful job of setting foundation and leaving your skin looking flawless and really poreless without looking artificially powdery. I also really like it for setting my under-eye concealer. I do find, however, that it sort of flies and fluffs everywhere when I'm applying it, no matter what brush or puff I use.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2011 10:49:00 AM More reviews by Tina68

I've been battling oily skin all my life and it has not stopped even into my 40s. The Skin Board recommened Primed & Poreless. I already use Too Faced's powder foundation so I didn't hesitate to try this. I love it. It's HG for oil control. Finally, something that actually works and I don't mean just for an hour or two. Yes, the powder is very, very fine and will billow up, up and away if you aren't careful, but the sifter packaging gives you control over how much you use. I apply this under my Too Faced powder foundation with Too Faced's powder pouf brush. My face isn't left with a white cast. In fact, I can't even see it. It's like magic for my skin. My skin looks good. I think the primer is pricey, but I don't mind pricey if a product works and this product works. I will continue to buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2011 12:23:00 AM More reviews by Phenyxxfire

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I hate powder. I've always hated powder. I hate the way it feels and I hate the way it looks. Every powder I've tried has always made my face look dry and made my fine lines stand out even more. That being said, I absolutely LOVE this product. I was looking for a translucent finishing powder and I couldn't resist the great vintagey packaging. I haven't tried it as a primer yet, but as a finishing veil it is top notch. I didn't care for BE's mineral veil because it made my skin look dull but this has a lovely subtle glow to it. I've been wearing it for 3 days and have no sign of skin irritation. Yes, it billows up some but that's indicative of the lightness that makes this such a fantastic product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2011 1:47:00 AM More reviews by arwynundomiel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this powder because I was such a fan of the primer. While it is at least light enough for my extremely fair skin, the texture is almost too fine. It is so lightweight that it billows up with the slightest breeze and it always makes me sneeze while I'm trying to put it on. Trying is the operative word, because I find it difficult to get enough of it to stay on my skin and not float away. 'Weightless' might be a desirable quality in a foundation, but this powder takes it to the extreme. It is also difficult to get any kind of coverage, and when I say difficult I mean impossible. To be fair, it does create a light finish that gives the illusion of no visible pores, but only if you can get enough of it on. It also works as a final step to set your makeup, so I will be able to use it. I'm also not a fan of the packaging design. Trying to get the powder out is messy and too much of it goes up in the air. I was really expecting more from a sister product to one of my all time favorites. The primer, while definitely not cheap, is worth every penny. Bottom line - rather expensive zero gravity powder that covers pores but nothing else.