Clinique Redness Solutions Makeup SPF 15 with Probiotic Technology

3.6

active ingredients: octinoxate 5.90%, zinc oxide 3.70%, titanium dioxide 2.90% ingredients: water\aqua\eau, methyl trimethicone, phenyl trimethicone, dimethicone, triethylhexanoin, butylene glycol, trimethylsiloxysilicate, peg-10 dimethicone, lauryl peg-9 polydimethylsiloxyethyl dimethicone, c12-15 alkyl benzoate, lactobacillus ferment, citrus grandis (grapefruit) peel extract, magnolia grandiflora bark extract, poria cocos sclerotium extract, astrocaryum murumuru seed butter, glycerin, caffeine, sodium myristoyl sarcosinate, caprylyl methicone, methicone, polyglyceryl-6 polyricinoleate, disteardimonium hectorite, isopropyl titanium triisostearate, dimethicone crosspolymer-3, lecithin, tocopheryl acetate, laureth-7, dimethicone/peg-10/15 crosspolymer, sodium chloride, dipropylene glycol, disodium edta, aluminum hydroxide, polyaminopropyl biguanide, phenoxyethanol, [ /- mica, titanium dioxide (ci 77891), iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499)]

on 8/11/2013 10:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This foundation is a godsend for anyone that suffers from rosacea, eczema, broken capillaries or any kind of skin redness. It stays matte for a while and also helps cut down on shine. I am very self conscious about the red patches I have on my cheeks, and this foundation hides everything without looking obvious. I get compliments on my skin all the time when I wear it -- so it seems to fool everyone (if only they knew!)

A few thing to keep in mind:

-It can make any dry patches more pronounced, be sure to exfoliate and moisturize first.

-Don't use too much -- a little really goes a long way with this foundation -- otherwise it can look heavy and cakey. I just use my fingers to apply and tap it into my skin, especially the red areas, instead of using a sponge or brush.

-This foundation has serious staying power. It lasts through an entire day at work and even an hour-long workout at the gym afterward. It doesn't rub off and survived me sweating on the treadmill and even splashing water on my face. You can apply this in the morning and forget about it.

-The caveat of its staying power: I noticed that when washing my hands after applying this foundation, that regular/harsh handsoap won't even easily remove it, and that many face cleansers don't thoroughly remove it, either. So wearing this foundation could lead to clogged pores since it's hard to wash off. I've found that a konjac sponge works the best (and gently), and I highly recommend a toner or make-up remover for those who don't cleanse with sponges and brushes.

-Economical: A bottle lasts FOREVER, even with near daily use.

on 6/6/2013 3:15:00 PM

I have been using this product for over a year! It is not greasy, has no particular smell, and gives good coverage. The tiny bottle has lasted me a VERY long time! It covers the redness under my nose perfectly. The only drawback that it has is that it does come off throughout the day, however if you use a primer underneath, i use benefit's that gal, it should last you all day! I have a dry t-zone and it does not cake on my skin. It is an awesome foundation! Im scared to venture out and try something new!

on 5/3/2013 11:04:00 PM

I have dry sensitive red skin. This foundation is perfect for it. I use the lightest shade - alabaster - which is ideal. It took a little while to get the application right. I usually apply foundation with fingers. However this foundation works better applied with a brush. Also, to avoid an overly pale washed out look, use only a small amount. I wasn't blown away initially with this foundation. But after using it daily now for over 2 months, I'm actually really happy with it. I've noticed my skin throughout the day under different lighting conditions & my skin looks noticeably less red & more even. I've also had over a dozen compliments over these 2 months. The foundation is quite thick. However, it doesn't dry out my skin at all. I highly recommend it.

on 4/26/2013 6:10:00 PM

I did not like the sample of the foundation I got. The consistency was too thick and it did not have a pleasant scent. It did not have very good coverage and faded from my skin way too quickly. I did think it was a fairly moisturizing formula, though. I didn't notice any redness correcting either. I think that was just a scam to get an extra 8 bucks out of you.

on 3/23/2013 8:29:00 AM

I tend to have a lot of dry skin with a tendency towards redness so was looking for a medium coverage foundation that wouldn't highlight the dry patches but would help keep the redness down (particularly on nights out). I was recommended the redness solutions makeup on the Clinique counter as ideal for my skin. Unfortunately, while the coverage is good when it first goes on, it doesn't last and needed retouching on a regularly basis (something I'm not used to having to do). Not one I will be repurchasing.

on 3/9/2013 8:44:00 PM

Greasy!!! Wears off quickly after only a few hours! Will not repurchase!

on 2/23/2013 6:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I purchased this item after approaching the person at the Clinique counter and explaining to them my need for a foundation with an SPF that is good for covering red spider veins and general redness on my face, Looked OK after she put it on me in the store in the artificial light, but when I tried it on at home it wasn't so good.

The coverage is medium so does not completely cover my flaws. It has an SPF which is it's positive. It does have a yellow tint to it as some other reviewers have pointed out so it doesn't look natural on me.

So overall, a bloody rip off!

on 2/22/2013 5:26:00 AM

please try this! wish i could put before and after pictures up, you would be shocked! i got a sample of this as my skin is awful at the moment (sore, dry red patches and itchy bumps on my cheekbones) and this covers it brilliantly with just a thin layer. i use benefit porefessional first (which is amazing) and then just use my fingers to apply this, on the problem areas i kind of pat it firmly onto the skin rather than rub it in and this covers them better but still blends it well. looks very dewy at first but does dry with a semi matte finish. not sure how this would be for oily skin though, would need an excellent setting powder. my skin is extremely dry and this foundation made it feel quite moist.

on 12/30/2012 6:05:00 PM

This is my HG makeup! Nothing works as well as this to cover my redness and blemishes. I apply with the Clinique makeup brush, which is also heavenly.

The coverage is more than medium and the color I use (02) is perfect for my skin. I usually only use this on my chin, nose and inner cheek area (around my nose) and it blends perfectly while making the pesky redness and tiny blemishes disappear! I then just set it with a mineral powder.

I use so little of it and it lasts so long that I don't find it too expensive. Can't live without this!

on 12/25/2012 4:57:00 PM

really nice foundations, helps to balance out my uneven skin. medium coverage. i have repurchased this foundation but i wouldn't get it again because my skin has become a lot more even now.