I have been searching for a longlasting foundation for a long time, as I am sure all of you are too. But I think I may have found it. I went to the Mac store and had my face done. I love the color the associate picked out. This is the only longlasting makeup that truely is longlasting. I had to buy a different type of foundation brush, to apply it properly. My old brush was too soft , and I applied too much with it. It made it look cakey. But with the stiffer brush, I can apply less more evenly. I love the way it stays on thru the day without oxidizing. The only thing I can find wrong with it,is it doesn't cover quite as well I would like.Still looking for that magic concealer that stays on all day! As I get older, I want things simpler. Only having to apply this once a day is great. It did not break out my skin, nor block my pores. Doesn't dry out my skin,or "crack", the way Estee Lauder does. I also bought the finishing powder, and it's great. It doesn't cake on my skin either, always had a problem with powders before. Maybe I am finally getting it all together!
I purchased MAC Pro Longwear Foundation last week with high hopes. I purchased this because I've previously used MAC Studio Fix Fluid but wanted a bit lighter coverage this time around. Here is what I loved, didn't love and loathe from this product.
- Coverage. Medium to Heavy coverage, you can build it up without getting overly cakey.
- Staying power. I have oily/combination skin and tend to get very oily on my forehead and nose throughout the day. This foundation (paired with Prep and Prime + powder to set) lasted from 9am-7pm with hardly any shine in sight. Very impressive.
- Blendability. I find this product to be extremely easy to blend, I use the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush to apply and do not have any issues at all.
- No scent. Unlike the Studio Fix Fluid which smells like paint, this foundation has the TINIEST scent of sunscreen - which is no surprise since it has SPF 10 but the smell is undetectable unless you're going to shove your nose up to someones face and smell.
- Covers my redness and pimples well.
- I feel this foundation possibly oxidizes the tiniest bit which is not ideal for people with lighter toned skin.
- Pump. I honestly thought I had gotten a broken pump with my foundation when I first went to use it. It took me a few minutes to get product out the bottle. I prefer the pumps you can buy seperately from MAC as opposed to this one. Also gets easily clogged.
- Price tag. $54 for a 30ml bottle. BUT you know how it is with MAC - quality>quantity.
- I had GREAT skin before I used this, hence why going for something a tad lighter than Studio Fix but after using this foundation twice, my skin has broken out badly. HOWEVER, it is my fault for not taking it off before I went to sleep (I was having a lazy night) so I can't fully blame it all on the product. GIRLS, REMOVE THIS FOUNDATION BEFORE YOU SLEEP.
That's pretty much it. :) Worth a go but I definitely don't think I'll be buying this again ONLY because of the hefty price tag. xxxx
I hate this product. It oxidizes. Clogs pores. Doesn't stay. Not for oily skin. There's ok pump for this over priced product.
-No harsh scent
-Sets to a satin-matte finish
-Lasts forever on the face without touch-ups
-Pump top lid was very sanitary
-Made my acne-prone skin go crazy and breakout
Would not repurchase simply because of the skin reaction I had. I had gotten to the point where my acne-prone skin was actually very calm, mostly even-toned, and minimal breakouts (we’re talking a tiny pimple here or there). I used this product for three days in a row with the same primer I always use (Make Up Forever HD Primer, the original) and the same setting powder (MAC Mineralized Skin Finish Natural) and thought, “I’m in the clear. No breakouts and this looks fabulous!” Then day four hit and my skin was broken out like crazy. I had taken Accutane two years back and the breakouts I had from this product were comparable in severity. If you are acne-prone, consider getting something more natural.
The most wonderful foundation I have tried. I have not one foundation that I have loooved..and this is the first one. The first one to really control my oil and I'm not the oiliest person to exist. Keeps all makeup on top looking fresh and smooth. Doesn't seperate. Covers well. Light -medium but buildable. Stays on all day. Looks fresh all day for the most part. I've been wearing it for a couple weeks and 2 nights ago I started experiencing a breakout so I'm not sure if it's from this but I hope not because I want to use this FOREVER. Pricey for the size but the pump only pumps a bit out so you don't overuse the product. Yummy stuff
I love this foundation! I have a VERY oily skin and it keeps matte for a long time! It also really is a LONGWEAR ! i wear it at 6am and stays on until 6pm! the only complain i have is the coverage .. other than that its amazing and would buy it again
This is the only foundation from MAC that doesn't break my skin out ( in acne or bumps). However I dislike it because the coverage is poor- sheer to medium at the very best. It does not cover blemishes, and it just barely evens out my skin tone. It also makes me look like a greaseball in two hours, so there is no oil control whatsoever. And if that's not bad enough, it gets cakey through the day and separates so my face looks blotchy and gross. I've tried to find better coverage - Estée Lauder Double Wear and Revlon Colorstay- both had awesome coverage and lasting power, but both causes bumps, blackheads and pimples. I'm beginning to doubt if there is such thing as a long wearing, full coverage, non- acnegenic foundation.
I do love the studio fix fluid but this is lovely :-)
I would say that this is better at oil control and longer lasting. Plus the finish is not as matte as the studio fix fluid. It is very blendable and buildable and i would say it provides medium to full coverage rather than sheer to medium.
I am currently using the real techniques complexion sponge to apply this and it works a treat but i have previuosly used a stippling brush (again real techniques) and the coverage was great with that too.
The only negative i have found with the pro longwear is hat the colours do run slightly darker compared to studio fix fluid. At the moment i am NC30 in studio fix fluid but with the pro longwear i am NC35! Saying that i do really like the oil control, coverage and blendability (you also get a bit of a glow which i personally love) but i can't say that this will replace my studio fix fluid as that is a foundation that never fails me come rain, shine, heat etc!!! x
I really wanted to love this product but unfortunately it doesn't fully cover my blemishes, and if I layer it on more, it would clog my pores and I would break out. I find myself often never reaching for this foundation in the morning for an everyday look, because I find it can be too cakey. I often reach for the beautifully matte foundation by No7, this is probably my go-to foundation.
Another problem I had with this foundation is mac does not stay true to their colours, I bought NC30 for both pro long wear and studio fix fluid thinking it would be the same colour. I was very naive in thinking that, when I applied the pro long wear and it was twice as yellow as studio fix fluid. I had to exchange it for NC25 and was more happy with this colour, I like that the consistency is silky but that just mean I have to apply more?
Overall this foundation does stay on for the whole day or whole night if you go out, it has become my 'special occasion foundation' but I don't think I would buy this foundation again.
ok I hate this. I actually HATE it. Hard to blend, strange clown like colours, paint like texture....it just sits like a yellow blob on the skin. I believe it lasts long, but the way ur skin looks in it is just gross. Rubbish....Bin it.