The Body Shop Ginger Shampoo Normal/Dry hair and Loose Dandruff

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamide DEA, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Polysorbate 20, Piroctone Olamine, Sodium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol, Panthenol, Propylene Glycol, Dimethicone Propyl PG Betaine, Honey, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Citric Acid, Sodium Salicylate, Methylparaben, Glycerin, Fragrance, Disodium EDTA, Linalool, Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Extract, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Limonene, Birch Bark, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Citral, Citronellol, Oakmoss, Benzyl Alcohol, Eugenol, Geraniol, Isoeugenol.

on 8/10/2012 1:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

Suffer from dry hair and scalp and some minor dandruff problems and this is the best i've tried so far. It really feels like it cleanses thoroughly. It makes my hair soft and shiny (along with aussie miracle moist conditioner) and leaves a heavenly ginger smell! It's not fantastic, as it does not remove my dandruff but moderates it. I will stick with this until i find something that seems better :)

on 5/30/2012 12:20:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

AMAZING product! I was suffering from a really dry scalp for a while. It was getting bad with flakes and everything. I tried all the drugstore brands, until I finally decided to give this a go (can be quite prciey). I've repurchased this 2 more times. It smells alright but the smell doesn't really stay in my hair so it's not a problem. It worked wonders with my scalp though, no sign of flakes since I started using it. Would definitely recommend. The Body Shop is always having a sale so it's easy to get it cheaper :)

on 5/9/2012 7:29:00 AM

I bought this shampoo after reading so many positive reviews. On first use my scalp felt a little dry but I kept using it - it's doing a good job of keeping my seborrheic dermatitis at bay and also clarifying greasy roots I get from the condition, which is a big bonus. The smell is ok, more sugary than gingery, however it lathers and rinses very well and doesn't leave any build up. It claims it is for dry hair but I actually find it quite drying alone (perhaps because I leave it on for 5 mins) so I would recommend that you follow with a conditioner.

The packaging is practical and effective so I can't fault it there, it's a little pricey for a shampoo but with stubborn flakes I am happy to pay for something that works and doesn't reek of tar...! I would definitely recommend trying this if you suffer from scalp problems and find that nothing else works.

on 4/13/2012 3:20:00 PM

I used to have horrible hair before trying this product. My hair dresser reccommened it to me, and it was a game changer so to speak. Another reviewer posted that it made their hair frizzy, I foudnt this as well. I simply paired it with a mositurizing conditioner and that took car of the frizz. My hair is now silky and soft and it no longer looks like "snow" on my head.

on 4/2/2012 2:15:00 PM

I was looking for a shampoo for my mild dandruff/itchy scalp, and hoped this would be it. I seem to be the rare person this didn't work for. It may have worked on my scalp, but it made my hair unbelievably dry, frizzy, and unmanageable. I'm really sad, because it smells great!

on 1/22/2012 6:53:00 PM

I love the scent and the performance of this shampoo!

on 1/7/2012 11:46:00 AM

The ginger shampoo has a nice herbal smell and it really solve my dandruff problem. I just need to let the foam to stay longer on my hair and it really cleanse the oil on my scalp too. Although my hair might become dry, I can solve it with some hair treatment.

My best tip for everybody is to blow dry your hair immediately after shower to prevent the moisture from feeding the fungal which caused dandruff on your hair.

This is one of the best Body Shop shampoos out there. Yahoo for solving my dandruff problem. It is a good feeling to wake up with no white flakes on my pillow. (*^0^*)

on 12/29/2011 2:30:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

The shampoo was great for my itchy scalp. It left my hair and scalp feeling refresh. I don't like that it does not have a ,atching conditioner. The other body shop conditioner was a waste of money.

on 12/7/2011 10:46:00 PM

Every so often The Body Shop discontinues this line, but with strategic sale buying I have not depleted my Ginger Shampoo supply in several years. I used to have light dandruff (or flaky scalp) and tried other, harsher dandruff shampoos. Nothing seemed to work (except to give me stinky hair). This shampoo has worked for me for years. Now I use it every other day or so... and that is good enough. I will buy again and again.

on 10/16/2011 3:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I'm writing this on behalf of my husband. For years he complained about his itchy scalp and flakes. Indeed, it was a problem. He tried all of the drugstore dandruff shampoos. The zinc ones didn't work and made his head break out. The tar ones turned his head black. Finally, he let me step in, and he was willing to try a more expensive "girly" product. I chose this one based on the reviews.

This shampoo worked immediately. It has been a miracle product. He's on his 3rd bottle. We like that it's natural and doesn't have the side effects of the chemically ones from the drugstore. I could run my hand through his hair now. I could see how healthy his scalp is. He's not itchy anymore and is so much happier. Wife to the rescue!

It did stop working for about a week and he said he started to let it sink in a little more and it started working again.

Top Rated The Body Shop Products