October 30, 2014 | 1608 users online

Shampoo - The Body Shop - Ginger Shampoo Normal/Dry hair and Loose Dandruff

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2012 11:46:00 AM More reviews by rachelmoo

The ginger shampoo has a nice herbal smell and it really solve my dandruff problem. I just need to let the foam to stay longer on my hair and it really cleanse the oil on my scalp too. Although my hair might become dry, I can solve it with some hair treatment.

My best tip for everybody is to blow dry your hair immediately after shower to prevent the moisture from feeding the fungal which caused dandruff on your hair.

This is one of the best Body Shop shampoos out there. Yahoo for solving my dandruff problem. It is a good feeling to wake up with no white flakes on my pillow. (*^0^*)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2011 2:30:00 PM More reviews by msbl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The shampoo was great for my itchy scalp. It left my hair and scalp feeling refresh. I don't like that it does not have a ,atching conditioner. The other body shop conditioner was a waste of money.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2011 10:46:00 PM More reviews by rnancy

Every so often The Body Shop discontinues this line, but with strategic sale buying I have not depleted my Ginger Shampoo supply in several years. I used to have light dandruff (or flaky scalp) and tried other, harsher dandruff shampoos. Nothing seemed to work (except to give me stinky hair). This shampoo has worked for me for years. Now I use it every other day or so... and that is good enough. I will buy again and again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2011 3:10:00 AM More reviews by mysome1tba

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm writing this on behalf of my husband. For years he complained about his itchy scalp and flakes. Indeed, it was a problem. He tried all of the drugstore dandruff shampoos. The zinc ones didn't work and made his head break out. The tar ones turned his head black. Finally, he let me step in, and he was willing to try a more expensive "girly" product. I chose this one based on the reviews.

This shampoo worked immediately. It has been a miracle product. He's on his 3rd bottle. We like that it's natural and doesn't have the side effects of the chemically ones from the drugstore. I could run my hand through his hair now. I could see how healthy his scalp is. He's not itchy anymore and is so much happier. Wife to the rescue!

It did stop working for about a week and he said he started to let it sink in a little more and it started working again.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2011 2:28:00 PM More reviews by redchinamarker

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used to have a lot of flaky, scabby, itchy spots on my scalp and was constantly picking at them without thinking. At least once or twice every day I would pick off a flake about the size of an eraser head. Since starting to use this a week ago, I have completely stopped picking at my head, presumably because my scalp is no longer flaky and itchy. This product is a godsend!

Keep in mind, I haven't tried any of the cheaper dandruff shampoos so I don't know if this is really special. The scent is not great, but it's fine. I love the smell of fresh ginger but this is more of a cooked, sweetened scent. It doesn't lather very easily (and I *hate* to use a lot of shampoo) but I think the extra effort to massage it all through my scalp and hair only adds to the clarifying effect. My hair feels EXTREMELY clean and soft (not oily soft-- CLEAN soft) afterwards. It was so drying that my hair, which usually air dries into heavy waves, actually dried into a fine tangly mess until I realized I needed to carefully untangle it with my fingers first. My thick, heavy hair has never been this fine and soft. I love it!

Update: I've now been using this for more than a year and a half. It works so well that I forgot how bad my hair used to be. I ran out a few weeks ago and started using various shampoos that I found around the house (Nexxus, a Lush bar, Shisheido). Almost immediately a thick layer of grease built up on my scalp, I became a dandruff machine, and the itchy, scaly flakes came back with a vengeance. No thank you!!! I learned my lesson and repurchased this shampoo.

Update 2: I've now been using this for about 2.5 years. Trust me, I have NEVER stuck with a hair product this long. Look, this shampoo isn't for everyone, but if you suspect you have seborrhoeic dermatitis then try it. It contains Piroctone Olamine which is not a common ingredient in American shampoos. I believe this is the cheapest Piroctone Olamine shampoo available.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/27/2011 10:20:00 PM More reviews by huka07

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

didn't work on my scalp at all

rated 3 of 5 on 2/27/2011 5:53:00 AM More reviews by pimenta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Unlike others reviewers I didn't find it a miracle product, I still have a itchy scalp and some flakes, it's not a bad shampoo it cleans and it's soft but didn't solve the problems it should, I won't buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2011 8:20:00 AM More reviews by shady74

This product has changed my life - no exaggeration. After suffering itchy scalp and / or flakes since I was a teen, I was resigned to the fact that I'd never really find a miracle product. Over the last 15 years I've spent a fortune on every kind of shampoo you can imagine - medicated, natural, SLS free, organic, tea tree, moisturising, I could go on. A few managed to control it but it would always come back. I am no fan of the TBS as in my opinion, beneath the 'Fair Trade Shea Butter', lies the same old rubbish as in any DS brand; mineral oil, SLS etc. I bought this after reading the miraculous reviews on MUA and after the first use, I have no had so much as a tickle on my scalp. On top of this, it leaves my hair fabulously clean and silky (I still use conditioner) and I don't have to wash it so often. As I know all too well, different shampoos work for some and not others so this may not be your HG product but it's certainly mine and if, like me, you've suffered the constant torture of an itchy scalp, I urge you to give it a try as it may just work!

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2010 2:05:00 AM More reviews by ssunmim

I tried this product out because I have dermatitis on part of my scalp and nothing seemed to help it. At first, I hated the smell of this, it made me want to barf. But after I got used to it, it didn't bother me at all. It has helped my dermatitis a lot. I use it in conjunction with a medicated shampoo from the doctor. What I like is that it doesn't strip my hair of too many natural oils but it cleans really well still. I've been using it in the summer and leaving my hair to air dry and it looks nice when I use this shampoo.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2010 7:49:00 PM More reviews by xcheck

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This shampoo gives me soft and fluffy, clean hair. I still need a conditioner though. The shampoo is soothing to the scalp. I don't get dandruff and maybe it's because I rotate this shampoo among my other favs. I find it does help if you have an itchy scalp. The ginger is good for your hair.