April 18, 2014 | 1967 users online

Shampoo - The Body Shop - Ginger Shampoo Normal/Dry hair and Loose Dandruff

rated 3 of 5 on 2/27/2011 5:53:00 AM More reviews by pimenta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Unlike others reviewers I didn't find it a miracle product, I still have a itchy scalp and some flakes, it's not a bad shampoo it cleans and it's soft but didn't solve the problems it should, I won't buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2011 8:20:00 AM More reviews by shady74

This product has changed my life - no exaggeration. After suffering itchy scalp and / or flakes since I was a teen, I was resigned to the fact that I'd never really find a miracle product. Over the last 15 years I've spent a fortune on every kind of shampoo you can imagine - medicated, natural, SLS free, organic, tea tree, moisturising, I could go on. A few managed to control it but it would always come back. I am no fan of the TBS as in my opinion, beneath the 'Fair Trade Shea Butter', lies the same old rubbish as in any DS brand; mineral oil, SLS etc. I bought this after reading the miraculous reviews on MUA and after the first use, I have no had so much as a tickle on my scalp. On top of this, it leaves my hair fabulously clean and silky (I still use conditioner) and I don't have to wash it so often. As I know all too well, different shampoos work for some and not others so this may not be your HG product but it's certainly mine and if, like me, you've suffered the constant torture of an itchy scalp, I urge you to give it a try as it may just work!

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2010 2:05:00 AM More reviews by ssunmim

I tried this product out because I have dermatitis on part of my scalp and nothing seemed to help it. At first, I hated the smell of this, it made me want to barf. But after I got used to it, it didn't bother me at all. It has helped my dermatitis a lot. I use it in conjunction with a medicated shampoo from the doctor. What I like is that it doesn't strip my hair of too many natural oils but it cleans really well still. I've been using it in the summer and leaving my hair to air dry and it looks nice when I use this shampoo.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2010 7:49:00 PM More reviews by xcheck

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This shampoo gives me soft and fluffy, clean hair. I still need a conditioner though. The shampoo is soothing to the scalp. I don't get dandruff and maybe it's because I rotate this shampoo among my other favs. I find it does help if you have an itchy scalp. The ginger is good for your hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2010 3:07:00 PM More reviews by Flashpua

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I don't mind the smell at all... this product didn't just take care of flakes but also stopped my hair from falling. Since the first wash I could notice the difference, and it left my hair clean, soft and shiny, even without using a conditioner.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2010 7:24:00 AM More reviews by widoutu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Love it. this is the only shampoo that took care my my dandruff. smell is not the best, but it washes away quickly so no problem. no more itchiness too!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2010 5:34:00 AM More reviews by gmcasey55

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was really suffering with big flakes and after reading reviews here, decided to purchase this shampoo. All I can say is WOW! it worked immediately! Thank goodness. Sure, its not that best shampoo in the world, but if you have flakes and are willing to splash out a bit more than drugstore prices - buy this - its great.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2010 11:14:00 PM More reviews by FlameDancer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This isn't my favorite shampoo, only because it doesn't seem to leave my hair quite as soft or clean as others out there, but WOAH does it smell amazing. It smells just like candied ginger slices or ginger beer - spicy, sweet, and crisp. Unfortunately, the smell doesn't linger, but it's great while you're in the shower. I'm hoping the honey shampoo will perform better though - this stuff just doesn't clean my scalp and leave my hair soft like I'm used to. Maybe it's just too mild.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2010 6:18:00 PM More reviews by misseattle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Wow, I am shocked. This really got rid of the big flakes I've been having due to dry, overprocessed hair. With the first use, the flakes were gone! Although the price isn't as cheap as drug store brands, it is certainbly worth it - especially if you can get them on a Buy One Get One kind of deal like the previous reviewer and I did. The only thing I don't like about this are the smell and the fact that I don't think it's good for your hair other than at the roots to get rid of the dandruff. I can definitley get over the smell though because this really does the job and I am finally happy!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2010 3:19:00 AM More reviews by audiolovely

TBS was having a buy one get one 1/2 on their shampoos so I decided to try out their new ginger shampoo.

Overall, the scent is not too bad- it reminds me of ginger candies. It is moisturizing and makes my hair healthy and shiny.

If you purchase it at the shop, do ask for a pump- it's free