November 1, 2014 | 891 users online

Concealers - MAC - Pro Longwear Concealer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2014 8:50:00 AM More reviews by Caish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Best concealer ever! I use NW20 half a pump blended under my eyes with the real techniques delux crease brush. I pair it with the elf under eye setting powder and the Mac face and body foundation in C2 and im good to go

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2014 5:06:00 PM More reviews by shizznizz

Best liquid concealer I have used. BUT there are quite a few negative aspects to it..

1. It makes my 'what I thought was', clean and pimple-free face, break out like mad. It's okay if use it once in a while on my cheeks, but I can't wear it for an everyday-use. Which sucks, because it really does a good job! I can use it to cover up my dark circles, tho. It's the only place the pimples stays away.

2. Smells like horseshit. Sorry, I hate to be an a-hole. The concealer has this unpleasant, chemical smell to it.

3. The pump from hell. It's basically useless, and squeezes out WAY to much product at a time. Have to store the rest of the concealer-mess in a little box, so I won't waste half of it.

Final summation:
MAC Pro Longwear Concelear and I, have a love/hate-relationship. It's complicated.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2014 3:20:00 PM More reviews by JoyConway

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Does works...Buy again for sure.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2014 11:48:00 PM More reviews by danniebabex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I never never review on makeupalley and I've been going on this site for five years but I guess it's time that I give my first review to MAC's prolongwear concealer! I have very oily skin so almost nothing lasts on my face and I've tried almost all the concealers out there but this one has my heart! I always go back to this concealer because it covers my dark circles very well and stays all day. I'm in nursing school and I barely have time to put make up on so when I'm in a rush I thrown this on, do my brows, mascara, and a little blush and I'm ready to go!!! Even on clinical days where I still want to look put together, MAC prolongwear concealer still makes feel beautiful through my 7-3 shifts nursing shifts! This is a little pricey but it's worth investing in. Mind you this is one of the cheapest "high end" concealer in the market therefore it's worth every penny especially if you're a broke student on a budget.

To my oily skinned ladies who are doubtful about this concealer, trust me it is worth everything!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2014 7:11:00 PM More reviews by hdcue23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this concealer, it covers acne/blemishes/redness very well, also blends easily and stays put all day. I have pretty fair skin(cool toned) and the color match was perfect, mac has a wide range of shades so if your looking to purchase this I'm sure you'd find a good shade match! My only complaint, as others have mentioned, is the pump...the concealer is very concentrated and you don't need a lot but the pump sticks and I usually end up with too much so you have to be very careful when using. I decided to try something different so I bought some nars creamy radiant concealer and although it works well, it does not cover as well as the Mac Pro long wear concealer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2014 10:12:00 AM More reviews by csquared14

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The fact that I'm about to give this a great review speaks volumes for the quality of the product, because normally if something had packaging as bad as this guy does, I would not be able to give it over 2 lippies. As other reviewers have mentioned, the pump is terrible. It's shocking that it made it past the development stage, let alone that it's never been updated. I'm looking into maybe decanting it into a tub of some sort, because I waste half the product that comes out of the bottle every morning.

Packaging aside! I'm on a bit of a MAC kick over here. I've been using the Studio Fix Powder plus Foundation and have been loving it so much that I decided to trade in my old concealer (Kat von Dee - we had a good run, but the texture was no longer working for me - and Benefit Erase Paste for under eyes, which I hated because it had zero staying power on me) for a MAC one. I chose Pro Longwear over their others purely based on MUA reviews, and I'm so glad I did. I love that the product is so thin, but still offers really great coverage - my problem with my existing concealers was that they tended to cake around my dry skin (dry due to acne prescriptions, so when I say dry, I mean it). I apply this with a small brush to the dark spots that I want to cover up. I will say that for my areas of really intense hyperpigmentation, it does take two coats to cover, but again, it's so thin that it's easy to build it up and not have it look very obvious.

I also use this under my eyes - I normally use a separate concealer for that area, but I decided to give this a go and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. I have cartoon-character big eyes, so I have those lovely creases all of the time underneath them, as well as hereditary dark spots. While there is some creasing, it's nowhere near what I've dealt with with other concealers. And it also actually covers! It's unfortunate that it doesn't have a brightening aspect to it, but I'm willing to let that go for actual day-long coverage. As a note, I always set it with MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation.

I definitely recommend this as a high-coverage concealer for spots and undereye circles. At $17, it's certainly not cheap, but there are definitely less quality concealers that will run you significantly more money. I had to take a lippie off because of the packaging - a five star product in one star packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2014 9:35:00 AM More reviews by Angelseleena

I love this concealer. I tried studio fix and it really is full coverage but it always creased on me no matter how I applied it. This is perfect for no creasing. It blends super easily and is quite full coverage. When I say this doesn't budge, this DOES NOT budge. Super long wearing. My only complaints are the packaging. You really don't need a lot of product & the pump tends to give you way too much, and I also have issues with the smell. It smells acidic to me or something, but it fades after it sets in. Still, even with those little complaints I will continue to repurchase this. Use it for everyday with Mac face and body and it looks FLAWLESS. C3 in face and body for reference. NC30 for this concealer.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/13/2014 5:38:00 AM More reviews by Dona82

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this product, don't get me wrong! I love many mac products too!, especially the select cover up concealer. I used to hear so many good reviews on the mac pro longwear,and one day i saved my money and ran to buy it! i can agree with everyone, this concealer covers up so much! doesnt look cakey! its the perfect deal. However, after a few uses of this product i realised that it started to break me out, i didnt want to stop using it because i had loved it so much. i didnt even want to believe that that was what was causing my skin to break out, but once i stopped using it, my skin cleared up a little. Despite that, i would say that it is my favorite concealer and every few months i give it a go just to see if it will break me out again.

The pricing of this product is not too cheap and as a 17 year old, its pretty hard to afford it. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE the packaging, many people say that they hate the pump because it gives out lots of concealer, just put a few pumps in a little pot and use as much as you want.

If i ran out of this concealer i wouldnt buy it again, despite my love for it! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2014 4:33:00 PM More reviews by baileykf

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely LOVE this concealer! The $19 price might turn people away from it, but believe me when I say a little goes. LONG way! It has great pigmentation, and is perfect for covering up problem areas, spot correcting and for under your eyes. I used this as a foundation today, and it's perfect to use when you don't want something as heavy as a foundation, but with more coverage than a bb cream.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2014 2:24:00 AM More reviews by stelladefleur

NC25 skin for reference using NW20 concealer to neutralize dark undereye cirles and purple shades.

This stuff covers and highlights undereyes like a dream. Its a lovely consistency of medium-thick but feels so seamless on your skin! Doesnt budge and lasts even longer with a setting powder dusted on top. Prolongwear Concealer does not crinkle, settle in my lines or crust up. I also run it down the T-Zone for a highlight and when I am not fake tanned I add a little Clinique moisturizer and use it as a semi BB when mixed together.

Packaging could be better, can never get the last bit out and it pumps out ALOT of product so push down with ease!

Love love love! On my 4th bottle.