October 1, 2014 | 1017 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Urban Decay - De-Slick Oil Control Makeup Setting Spray

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2014 4:22:00 AM More reviews by Madelonmink

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm really flabbergasted about this product. I have oily combo skin and i mean oily, like putin' on foundation and almost immediately watch it separate and glide off. Tried everything.... primers, high-end & drugstore foundation, powder under foundation (tip from gossmakeupartist) but nothing stopped the shining and gliding. BUT..... UD De-Slick does it!! I'm so happy. I feel just like the girls in the youtube video's with their flawless skin. My routine now for flawless, matt en all-day-lasting foundation:

- Moisturizer (Biodermal for oily/combo skin i think its only available in the Netherlands)
- Urban Decay Pore Perfecting Complexion Primer Potion
- 2 to 3 pumps Urban Decay De Slick Oil Control Make Up Setting Spray

Let it all dry and settle in for about 5 minutes

- Foundation (currently using Maybelline SuperStay 24h foundation), bronzer, blush
- eyeshadow without mascara
- 2 to 3 pumps Urban Decay De Slick Oil Control Make Up Setting Spray
- Mascara

And i'm ready to go without touching up ever 10 minutes feeling like a model!!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2014 7:52:00 AM More reviews by hanknelmer

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought the smaller size bottle from sephora and have almost finished it. This makes a huge, noticeable difference for me, it really is helping with that foundation nreak down issue that happens as the day goes on. I haven't tried other sprays, but have been really happy with this product using a variety of foundations and powders. I find using a primer unnecessary if I use this spray.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2014 1:41:00 PM More reviews by girleygirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't know why this setting spray has low ratings here because its such a good product! It makes my makeup stay looking fresh for hours and hours.. I guess people are not using it right..here are the steps I take to make this setting spray work wonders:
moisturize my face
spray the setting spray (2 or 3 pumps)
put on overall makeup
spray the setting spray again (2 or 3 pumps)
done!

My makeup looks fresh for 12hours+...try it this way and see if it works for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2014 3:41:00 PM More reviews by juelzmain22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This setting spray has officially become my holygrail and I cannot be without this. I have oily skin, really oily, so naturally I went for this type of setting spray. I use by spraying on after mousturizing (I use the cetaphil oil control moisturizer) in a X and T formation. I then prime my skin with smashbox photo finish primer AND becca cosmetics ever matte primer. Then I spray my foundation brush with elf cosmetics setting spray and apply my foundation with the brush, after all my makeup is on I spray the UB deslick in the same formation and I do not get as oily as before, I don't even have to touch up like I used to during the day (and I go a full 12 hours or more with my makeup) I wish that this helped with foundation transfer but sadly it doesn't, I don't think anything can keep foundation from doing that. I purchased the travel size which was $14 at ulta, $30 is a bit much for the full size bottle but sometimes you have to make that sacrifice for products that you kno work for you. I love the way this product sprays out, the mist is very thin and even and just feels good on the skin. When it dries it feels kinda tacky but not at all sticky or nasty. I don't have sensitive skin and this has not affected it anyway. There isn't a noticeable smell with this product so good news for the sensitive noses. If you have oily skin, try it!!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/25/2014 10:07:00 PM More reviews by Erinmh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

Not impressed with this product at all. I have combo skin and I didn't notice this spray doing any oil control whatsoever. In fact, I feel like it might have made me more oily. I went through a whole bottle of this trying it all different ways- spray before makeup, after foundation, after powder, etc. Same results. This definitely didn't make my makeup last any longer either. So, I really just use this to refresh my face during the day. I tried the all nighter setting spray a while back and recently repurchased it and I like that one a lot more than the de-slick. I feel like the all nighter actually has better oil control! And it definitely makes my makeup last all day/night.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/19/2014 8:09:00 AM More reviews by Sarahlw8

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Have used this for my extremely oily skin and tested my makeup with and without it for over a month and haven't noticed a difference in oiliness. I use clean and clear oil blotting sheets as my test to see if skin is more or less oily by midday. Was hoping this would help reduce oiliness by midday and haven't found it to.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2014 9:41:00 PM More reviews by JordynLove

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Okay I'm seeing a ton of bad reviews on this but I can't go a day without this setting spray. It is quite expensive but I opted for the bigger bottle since I figured it would obviously be the better value ( and I could always return if I found I didn't like it ). I personally do not use this alone for oil control, I spray my face at first, then I follow with LORAC's mattifying primer, let it set, then apply my foundation. I have found this to be my holy grail application regardless of what foundation I'm wearing that day. I have oily skin and I can even use this with "luminous" or dewy foundations and they look flawless all day with no touch ups. I love love love this product and will definitely be buying again, along with backups!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/5/2014 12:46:00 PM More reviews by kamiller1972

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Nope...this didn't work for me at all. I was just as oily by midday as I would be if I didn't apply this. Very expensive and didn't do what it claims. Mario Badescu Rosewater and Herbal Facial Spray does much better and is way less expensive.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/5/2014 8:33:00 AM More reviews by sawitham

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I tried several different different ways of spraying this on my face but it does not apply evenly as it is a pump action bottle, I think an aerosol would be better. I did not find that it helped with the shine or oil that my skin produces. I purchase the deslick powder and found that much better :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2014 9:43:00 AM More reviews by Peskypixie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Hate the name and the pump. Product is ok, but I've found you really need to spray on a synthetic brush -- Sephora #50 powder-- and dab in oily prone areas. Afterwards I will go over with setting powder (despite directions) as it disturbs your makeup whether you spray or brush on. This will extend wear significantly except in high humidity & nothing can help that. BURNS undereyes, avoid!