Urban Decay De-Slick Oil Control Makeup Setting Spray

3.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Aqua (Water), SD-Alcohol 39-C(alcohol denat), Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Isononyl Isononanoate, Ethylhexyl Isononanoate, Sodium Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, PVP, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Methyl Diisopropyl Propionamide, Methyl Methacrylate Cross Polymer, Dimethicone PEG-7 Phosphate, Gluconolactone, Sodium Benzoate, PPG-3 Benzyl Ether Myristate, Glycereth-5 Lactate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Fragrance.

on 1/9/2015 10:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I can't go a day without this stuff, really helps all my makeup settle onto the skin and keeps my makeup on my face all day long without looking greasy. You get a huge bottle for what you pay for, my face drinks this up and it lasts so long. I notice a huge difference with how my makeup wears throughout the day when I dont use this stuff. Highly recommend.

I have oily/combo skin

on 12/30/2014 5:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I've just started using this spray and so far I don't know if I'm using it wrong or this is the quality! It seems to actually make my skin produce MORE oil than before? My makeup isn't particularly lasting much longer either lol

on 12/27/2014 5:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I purchased at sephora and it really helped my makeup last longer and my skin didn't get as oily my makeup lasted about 6 hours without getting oily so a real plus and it held up my eyeliner and eyeshadow perfectly so I will most def repurchase

on 12/23/2014 8:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This is the first setting spray I ever tried, and I bought it on the advice of a SA at Ulta. My skin can get oily in the T-zone by midday, and even my cheeks get oily after about 8-10 hours. I like that there is very little scent, and the spray minimizes the powdery look of my mineral make-up. It reduces the appearance of oil on my face throughout the day, and it does so almost too well in the winter months when my skin is drier. So I'm going to check out Urban Decay's Chill to get me through the winter, and will hang onto De-Slick for the warmer months.

on 12/20/2014 5:44:00 PM

My skin is very oily and I suffered a lot before I found this product. It keeps me oil free almost all day long. I love it!

PROS:
- one of the best working products on market
- has a small size you can easily travel with
- doesn't create shine
- it is great that it is a spray and that you can simply set your make-up or use it during the day

CONS:
- nothing to say here :)

Here is my review of it:

on 12/16/2014 5:22:00 PM

I love love love this spray! I have acne prone oily skin and this really helps key my oily t-Zone shine free and matte. I usually spray when I've done my make up and the again after a few hours if needed. Really like using this spray and it works so well in the summer too. I will also sometimes spray it on my t-zone and use a brush to ensure it goes everywhere so everything stays put. Great for eye shadow and eyeliner as it keeps everything set. One bottle usually lasts about 3 months and I use it 4 days a week at least.

on 12/16/2014 2:33:00 PM

oxidized my makeup. made me orange

on 11/18/2014 11:56:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

I bought this on the recommendation of the sales girl at UD. I had actually gone to purchase the all nighter spray but as soon as I mentioned oily skin, she gave me the hard sell on this instead and I bought it. Now I wish I hadn't. I don't find it helps my make up last any longer and if anything, I'm actually more oily when I use it than when I don't.

I apply my make up at 7am and normally I start getting oily by lunch time but when I use this I'm oily by 10am and my make up is actually starting to break down by lunch time.

I definitely wouldn't re-purchase.

on 11/15/2014 11:12:00 PM

PROS: Great as a primer, makes makeup last a little longer, makes foundation smooth, refreshing
CONS: Price, doesn't mattify, packaging

This spray has a lot of hype from Youtube and being a girl with combination-oily skin I decided to try it since it was on sale at Ulta.
Let me start out by saying this spray isn't horrible, but it's not a holy grail like some people say (for me anyways). I've tried using it many ways because the directions on the packaging doesn't work at all. I tried spraying it directly on my face, with a brush, and with a sponge. The method that worked best for me personally was the sponge method - I sprayed my face BEFORE foundation and patted a sponge to soak up & smooth out any leftover liquid from the spray. Then I sprayed it again AFTER powder and POWDERED AGAIN right after that. This method worked the best for me but still my face is a little shiny only after 3 hours... even though I sprayed my face TWICE and powdered twice.

The one thing that I do love about it honestly is that it works wonderfully as a primer to smooth my face - I was amazed when I buffed my foundation to find my face poreless and smooth. Luckily I only bought the travel size so it wasn't a complete waste... I will use it up just for the smoothing effect it gives. As for staying power & oil control, it did not perform so well those areas so I will need to invest in another product.

So, the big question is - "Is it worth the hype?" in my opinion, no. I get very oily in my T-zone and on my cheeks area and they were still oily even with the spray. As ironic as this is, this might actually work for people with dry skin rather than oily skinned people even though De Slick is for OILY people yet it makes your face look even shinier unless you powder 3 inches worth of powder on your face...

on 11/13/2014 4:48:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Love this stuff. Keeps my makeup on all day and helps control the oil, like it says. Worth the money, about $10 an oz

Popular Primer/ Correctors