Urban Decay De-Slick Oil Control Makeup Setting Spray

3.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Aqua (Water), SD-Alcohol 39-C(alcohol denat), Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Isononyl Isononanoate, Ethylhexyl Isononanoate, Sodium Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, PVP, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Methyl Diisopropyl Propionamide, Methyl Methacrylate Cross Polymer, Dimethicone PEG-7 Phosphate, Gluconolactone, Sodium Benzoate, PPG-3 Benzyl Ether Myristate, Glycereth-5 Lactate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Fragrance.

on 8/25/2014 11:50:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

It didn't wow me but certainly helped. Considering that I live in Miami, which is very very humid, I think it did a decent job. Perhaps I get better results in a less humid weather.

on 8/13/2014 3:49:00 PM

To be completely honest, I don't feel like this did much. It does take away the powdery finish on my face and make it for of a natural finish but other than that I don't notice to much of a change. I will continue to use and probably re purchase since I use mineral makeup and feel like setting spray is a must- but don't expect this to be some sort of miracle worker.

on 8/4/2014 12:05:00 AM

after hearing missglamorazzi rave so much about this i thought it would be my holy grail. but i was wrong. It has a sort of chemically scent, it did absolutely nothing to control oil, even if i powdered before and after applying it, it was all a mess. Thank god i bought the travel size. I will go back to my mac's fix plus, it's a bit more affordable and does a better job at oil control and setting makeup than de-slick. Disappointed.

on 8/3/2014 2:16:00 AM

I bought this product because everyone seems to love it and it is not too pricey, so i thought why not?. First of all, i have a combination skin, my t-zone and inner side of my cheeks are SUPER oily, so i really need to have a product that can prevent my face from being oily and keep the makeup all day. I used it once when i did my makeup for my friend's party. I put my moisturizers, primer, set it with powder ( got this tip from wayne goss), spray the makeup setting spray, did the rest of my makeup, spray the makeup setting spray once more, and put powder again because the setting spray gave me somewhat oily finish. I really didn't mind but I expected it to be amazing since i put quiet a lot efforts to do the makeup. Had the makeup for around 8 hours that day. I faded but i still have some foundation left on my face (which is quiet good) , my face was kinda oily but it wasnt as oily as usual (I have blotted my face though).

so to me, this product does work but it's not super amazing or anything like that. I hate the oily finish that it gives me after i spray it on my face though, i can set it with powder but what piss me off is even after i put powder on top of it it's not that amazing. It also feels a little bit sticky too, so i definitely won't repurchase. Maybe it's just not for me.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I have sensitive combination skin. I get REALLY oily in the T zone area and sometimes I get really dry everywhere else. This product didn't do anything for me. I already use an oil control primer (Bare Minerals) and an eyeshadow primer (TwoFaced) so as far as my makeup lasting all day I was set. I wanted this setting spray to help with the oil control in my T zone and it didn't. I would say if you have normal skin this is the product for you, but for my oily girls KEEP LOOKING.

I have extremely oily skin, so I use this as a primer and setting spray. It does work to reduce oil and I'm definitely not as oily as I used to be, but it doesn't completely mattify my face the whole day. I would definitely reccomend this to someone who has only moderately oily skin, because then it would work great, but if you have really oily skin, you may need to find something else to use with it.

on 7/23/2014 3:39:00 AM

I have tried out both the Urban Decay Oil Control and the Stay Put makeup settling spray. I am not impressed. I have allergies during the spring/summer and fall months so I purchased this product in hopes that the spray would combat my extremely watery eyes. Not impressed. It's as if I bought a bottle of water and was told misting this onto my skin would keep my makeup put. No. Also, I have a very oily T-zone 2-3 hours after my foundation application. I do not feel the "oil control" bottle eliminates the "greasy feeling" by any means. I will not buy again. Not worth it. Use a powder instead and you'll get much better results.

on 7/22/2014 5:51:00 PM

Love this spray!! Only thing that keeps me matte. I spray it after I put on my liquid/ cream products (foundation, concealer, cream shadows) keep my makeup on forever and keeps my cream shadows from creasing. I do about 3-4 sprays and use this everyday I wear makeup (4-5 days a week). Although it is quite expensive the bottle has lasted me alittle bit over a year!

This is basically a $30 bottle of water. I would not even consider myself that oily of a person, more of a managable level of oiliness that stays mainly near the center of my face. I've had this bottle for about a year and I think I would go as far as to say this made me look oily after I put it on. After using it I didn't worrry about it because I thought it would dry down or whatever but it didn't and it made me look dewy which later turned into an oil slick. I you think you need this, you probably don't. What you really need is a good mattifying primer and foundation.

on 7/14/2014 10:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

My skin is naturally oily, and made even more so because I use Clindamycin lotion. I've been practicing eye make-up, and been sad when it slides right off. This product really works for me. The other day, I did a full face of make-up. Shadow, liquid liner, non-water-proof mascara. I went for a drive on a hot, muggy day and cooked for several hours in a roasting-hot kitchen. My eye makeup was PERFECT. No smudging, no oiliness. Ok, maybe a tiny bit of mascara flaked off after six hours. I have very sensitive eyes, as well, and this spray did not bother them at all. No scent. No sticky feeling (except a little bit on my bangs). I bought it to keep my eye make-up in place, not dry up my skin. Perhaps that's why I like it more than other reviewers who bought it for that purpose.

Popular Primer/ Correctors