September 2, 2014 | 1807 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Urban Decay - De-Slick Oil Control Makeup Setting Spray

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 3/25/2014 10:07:00 PM More reviews by Erinmh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

Not impressed with this product at all. I have combo skin and I didn't notice this spray doing any oil control whatsoever. In fact, I feel like it might have made me more oily. I went through a whole bottle of this trying it all different ways- spray before makeup, after foundation, after powder, etc. Same results. This definitely didn't make my makeup last any longer either. So, I really just use this to refresh my face during the day. I tried the all nighter setting spray a while back and recently repurchased it and I like that one a lot more than the de-slick. I feel like the all nighter actually has better oil control! And it definitely makes my makeup last all day/night.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/19/2014 8:09:00 AM More reviews by Sarahlw8

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Have used this for my extremely oily skin and tested my makeup with and without it for over a month and haven't noticed a difference in oiliness. I use clean and clear oil blotting sheets as my test to see if skin is more or less oily by midday. Was hoping this would help reduce oiliness by midday and haven't found it to.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2014 9:41:00 PM More reviews by JordynLove

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Okay I'm seeing a ton of bad reviews on this but I can't go a day without this setting spray. It is quite expensive but I opted for the bigger bottle since I figured it would obviously be the better value ( and I could always return if I found I didn't like it ). I personally do not use this alone for oil control, I spray my face at first, then I follow with LORAC's mattifying primer, let it set, then apply my foundation. I have found this to be my holy grail application regardless of what foundation I'm wearing that day. I have oily skin and I can even use this with "luminous" or dewy foundations and they look flawless all day with no touch ups. I love love love this product and will definitely be buying again, along with backups!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/5/2014 12:46:00 PM More reviews by kamiller1972

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Nope...this didn't work for me at all. I was just as oily by midday as I would be if I didn't apply this. Very expensive and didn't do what it claims. Mario Badescu Rosewater and Herbal Facial Spray does much better and is way less expensive.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/5/2014 8:33:00 AM More reviews by sawitham

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I tried several different different ways of spraying this on my face but it does not apply evenly as it is a pump action bottle, I think an aerosol would be better. I did not find that it helped with the shine or oil that my skin produces. I purchase the deslick powder and found that much better :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2014 9:43:00 AM More reviews by Peskypixie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Hate the name and the pump. Product is ok, but I've found you really need to spray on a synthetic brush -- Sephora #50 powder-- and dab in oily prone areas. Afterwards I will go over with setting powder (despite directions) as it disturbs your makeup whether you spray or brush on. This will extend wear significantly except in high humidity & nothing can help that. BURNS undereyes, avoid!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/11/2014 8:44:00 AM More reviews by Deedianne

I felt this product did nothing for me. When I applied the spray my face would still be oily after an hour or so.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2014 7:05:00 PM More reviews by glamorgurlbeauty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have only been using this for 4 days but i have already noticed a great change in the staying power of my makeup through out the day!
I know this is the oil control one it has helped a little bit with the oil because usually my makeup will slide right off but with this no matter how much hard lifting i do to break a sweat my makeup still looks nice!

I have noticed that with my drugstore cheap foundations this will help my makeup stay on all day even though it isnt perfect (usually with in 4-5 hrs my makeup has worn off)

My High end foundations look perfect and stay in place all day with this (usually lasting 6-8 hrs)

rated 1 of 5 on 1/24/2014 12:55:00 PM More reviews by MissXMx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I usually really love Urban Decay products - especially their eye shadow primers. I got this setting spray after it was recommended to me by one of the girls on the Urban Decay counter - I have very oily skin so my make up has usually slid off my face by lunchtime. She told me to apply it before and after applying make up.

It doesn't matter how I try and apply this - my skin feels oilier than ever. If anything, my make up seems to stay on less time than without it.

I'm disappointed as it cost quite a lot and I expected more from it after using other urban decay products. I wouldn't buy this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/21/2014 10:13:00 AM More reviews by ldyshallott

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

this stuff sucks. waste of money, i bought the travel size, used it as directed on the box, and was a greaseball 2 hours later. the new nyx blotting powder does a better job for less than half the price. i will be returning this and getting my money back.