Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

3.7

Aqua/Water/Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl PEG, PPG 10, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Talc, Silica Silylate, Sodium PCA, C12 15 Alkyl Ethylhexanoate, Magnesium Sulfate, Zinc Stearate, Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Acrylates, C12 22 Alkyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Bis PEG, PPG 14, 14 Dimethicone, Laureth 7, Lecithin, Tribehenin, Amodimethicone, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Phenoxyethanol, Trihydroxystearin, Dimethiconol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Parfum (Fragrance), Xanthan Gum, Propylene Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylene Carbonate, Hydroxyethyl Cellulose, Laureth 4, Sodium Sulfate, BHT, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methlyproprional, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Geranoil, Alpha Isomethyl, Ionone, Citronellol, May Contain (+/-):, Titanium Dioxide Cl 77891, Iron Oxides ( CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499) (Feburary 2015, glass bottle with red cap ingredients) - titanium dioxide, octinoxate, water, cyclopentasiloxane, butylene glycol, cetylpeg/ppg-10/1 dimethicone, talc, trimethylsiloxysilicate, sodium pca, silica silylate, C12 15 Alkyl ethylhexanoate, magnesium sulfate, zinc stearate, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, acrylates/C12-22 Alkyl Methacrylate Copolymer, BisPEG/PPG-14/14 dimethicone, amodimethicone, laureth 7, lecithin, tribehenin, disteardimonium hectorite, phenoxyethanol, trihydroxystearin, chlorphenesin, dimethiconol, triethoxycaprylylsilane, xanthan gum, fragrance, pentylene glycol, tocopheryl acetate, propylene carbonate, hydroxyethyl cellulose, glycerin, citric acid, fructose, sodium hydroxide, urea, laureth-4, hexyl cinnamal, limonene, butylphenyl methlyproprional, allantoin, maltose, sodium chloride, sodium lactate, sodium sulfate, trehalose, benzyl salicylate, linalool, geraniol, bht, citronellol, alpha-isomethyl ionone, glucose, sodium hyaluronate, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, iron oxides

on 4/30/2015 7:21:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have a love/hate relationship with this foundation. I LOVE the finish of this foundation and how well it covers, builds, and lasts without being a cake face. When I can't hassle with my face for a special occasion and need it to hold up without touch ups, this is my HG. It contains sunscreen, but with powder and bronzer it photographs really well. However, the downside: I know after having worn this even for just an evening, I'll be waking up to a breakout the next day. Definitely could not be my daily foundation or my face would be an absolute mess, but for a special occasion I'm willing to suck up the breakout I know will come after wearing this because of how well it lasts, keeps oil under control, and looks in pictures. If your face doesn't breakout with it, I seriously envy you because I love it and wish I could use this stuff every single day.

on 4/26/2015 11:09:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really wanted this to work - mainly because it is the first time in my entire life that a foundation matched my skin tone perfectly (200 soft beige). It applied nicely with a sponge. It seemed quite matte initially, and I loved that it didn't accentuate my large pores upon application. I did a happy dance! Sadly, since I have very oily skin, in about an hour I was a shining greaseball, and at that point my pores were on center stage. I suppose I could blot every hour, but what's the point? I also tried to set it with powder, and that looked horrible. I am guessing normal and dry skinned gals will love this - and can use it without powder. I'm disappointed it didn't work for me.

on 4/15/2015 3:25:00 PM

I got this foundation for 6$ at Walmart and I am absolutely impressed. This foundation provides full coverage and very buildable. It blends like a dream and also once it's set on the skin, you almost forget it there. I don't feel it sitting on my skin. It provides a dewy finish if not set.

Definitely worth the try!

[update]
This is an amazing foundation but unfortunately, I realize that I broke out on my forehead, cheeks and chin whenever I used it. This is not for sensitive skin users.

on 4/15/2015 11:01:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I've used many foundations, like a lot of women my age (Estee Lauder, Lancome, Nars, Smashbox, Tarte, etc). My favorite was ELDW and then when they came out with the new formulation, I could no longer wear it. It showed every pore and wrinkle on my face. Some I didn't know I had. I thought I'd try this but not thinking that it would be any different. I was so wrong. I absolutely love it. Love that it's a bit thicker than some of the others I've tried. Seems like the thinner formulas just sink into my skin too quickly and exaggerate the pores. It's medium to full coverage but I think it feels much lighter than many I've tried. Looks very smooth and natural on my face. I also have the BB cream which I like as well.

on 4/11/2015 11:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

First off, I just want to say that this is the absolute, hands down, best drugstore foundation I have ever tried. I have tried Maybelline, L'Oreal, covergirl, Revlon, you name it. But, this one is by far the best.

This foundation lasted all day, of course I did touch up with some powder, but that was once. It lasted me about 15 hours. That includes, walking to school, gym class, work, and all the way till I am done working out. I found that the product was not sticky, or tacky at all. It felt like I wasn't wearing any foundation at all. It is not heavy for a thicker foundation, which surprised me. Also, since I have very oily-acne prone skin, it didn't make me oily at all, just a little in my t-zone. One of the main things I noticed was that it didn't break me out at all, thank god. I have such a hard time picking foundation since most of them all break me out, But, this one does not at all. It didn't enhance my acne either, which is good.

The shade I got was True Ivory, and let me just say I suck at picking the right colour. But, this colour matches so perfectly, I cant even describe how proud I was in picking the colour. The foundation is very bendable and has a nice medium to full coverage. It went very smooth on my skin during the application. I used my fingers to blend it in and found that it is my favourite way to apply it. I used the blending brush and thought it looking alright, but using your fingers. seems to make it look more natural. The finish of it was like velvet in way, I guess. Its not matte or shimmery, it just has this smooth radiant set to it. It is not like a cakey finish look at al, unlike some foundations like the L'Oreal infallible pro matte foundation. The foundation makes it look like your skin just evened out.

Any way, I paid about $7 in Canada for the rimmel foundation, and I would highly recommend it to everyone. This is such an amazing product for such a great price. Just go and try it for yourself.

on 4/11/2015 8:08:00 PM

This is my everyday wear foundation! I bought the colour Ivory, which is a perfect match to my non tanned face! I would say this foundation gives a light to medium coverage, and could be built up to a full coverage if necessary. The packaging is excellent as it comes with a pump and a nice designed bottle! As for the day wear, I'd say it stayed well put on my face throughout my day, but only with a powder. I prefer not to use powder on my combination skin as it tends to stick to and dry out certain parts of my face! So now I tend to apply it only to my nose and my under eyes (to set my concealer) But if powder is a great asset to your daily makeup then I think you could really get along with this foundation:) it's a great purchase, and I will defiantly be purchasing again until something better comes along.

on 4/9/2015 1:32:00 PM

I really ended up enjoying this foundation for everyday use. I find I use this foundation in lieu of my fuller-coverage, matte ones because it looks and feels more natural. Also, I believe that it may be the comfort serum in the formula that makes the foundation feel smooth and blendable. Applied with a damp sponge, the finish is very flattering and almost dewy. I think some may describe the consistency as sticky, but I actually like it - it gives a hydrated effect.
I would say this foundation is medium coverage but definitely buildable up to a fuller one. Those with more problematic skin may not find this to meet their needs.

My final word on this is that oily-skinned types like myself should be forewarned that touch-ups & blotting are a must with this foundation because the claim that it is 25-hour lasting is completely a stretch. However, I am willing to overlook this because this foundation fulfills every other need of mine.

I got this after seeing that so many people loved it (and the fact that it was marked down to £4 helped too) and I don't see what other people see in this product to be honest

First of all let me say that the packaging is pretty nice, the bottle looks great in my opinion and I love the fact that it has a pump, it just makes it so easy to control how much I end up using on my face

As for the product inside, lets just say I'm not so thrilled by it, first of all the main thing that hits me is the smell, I'm not particularly sensitive to scent but the smell of this stuff makes me retch, I found it really hard to put this on just because of the smell honestly

The coverage is really good on this product but the formulation is also really thick which makes it pretty hard to blend, I spent about 8 minutes with a brush, a sponge and my fingers trying to get this stuff to sit naturally on my face, I honestly can't do it

I'm using the lightest shade they had which is Ivory (I'm sand beige in Revlon Colorstay Whipped Creme Makeup and NC20 In MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation by the way) so if you're really light then there isn't a shade for you I'm afraid

Having said that I looked through several of the Rimmel counters here in Manchester and the darkest shade they offer isn't that dark, it's more of a light brown so if you're really dark I can't see you finding a shade either T_T

The staying power on this product is actually really good, it lasted me the 12 hours at college easily with one touch up at 12pm during my lunch break, most foundations can't last that well on me at all so props for that

If you can get over the smell, find a shade for you and find a way of blending it quickly then this is a great quality cheaply priced foundation and I would recommend checking it out, if not then move on, there's nothing for you here

on 4/8/2015 12:46:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I decided to give this a try after I saw so many good reviews for it on YouTube. I returned it after a frustrating week of experimenting and trying to get it to work. The finish looked nice, immediately after application but this is the stickiest foundation I have ever used and it never seemed to set! Even after a major dusting of powder on top, it would feel sticky again within an hour. I tried everything. I applied it with my fingers, a beauty blender and a brush. I tried buffing it in, sheering it out, using primer and setting spray and applying it to bare skin. The coverage was ok but when I tried to build it some, it just became gooey. The formula is thick and has a gel-like consistency that I thought was nice at first but it ended up feeling heavy on my skin. It is hard to get out of the bottle which desperately needs a pump. I have oily, fair skin and the lightest shade was workable but unfortunately the heavy, sticky formula was a big fail for me :(

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Great shade range but horrible formula. Feels sticky on my face (maybe from spf) and didn't like the coverage. even the 'full coverage' one wasn't full coverage on me. I'm assuming it's because of the spf in it. wont repurchase. 👎