November 26, 2014 | 989 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 6/30/2014 7:54:00 AM More reviews by frinhewitt

I bought this foundation and it was a great price, great colour and looked amazing on my skin. It just made my skin inflame as if I were allergic and it went all bumpy and red. It's just my skin having a reaction to this foundation which I hate cause this foundation really is amazing. Just too bad my skin didn't agree.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2014 6:06:00 PM More reviews by foxkid

I bought this because I needed a product that would give me plenty of coverage and stay on my skin while I went out clubbing (I dance a lot, it gets sweaty, my face goes pretty pink)

This foundation does give the coverage but I find it balls up on my skin and looks quite cakey when I layer it up to fully hide an blushing. It's probably not too noticeable from far away and also at night-time when I wear it, but it does bother me as my skin is relatively smooth and it just seems to highlight any bumps I have makes my skin look worse. I would never wear this during the day time.

My mum now uses this foundation, she has combination skin and is in the 35-45 age bracket. She seems to like it :)

I will keep this foundation for emergencies, if you want something for clubbing that will definitely stay and don't care so much of how it appears close-up then this does the job.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2014 5:13:00 PM More reviews by Slone07

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've always worn high end foundations, but happened to see a YouTube video review of this from one of my favorite ladies just as I'd run out of my usual and thought I'd give it a go. Boy, am I glad I did! This foundation provides such a perfect, skin-like look and texture, I can't believe I got this for ten bucks and change. The coverage is great with one layer and builds nicely to cover anything of concern. It almost completely takes care of my seriously dark undereye circles and definitely makes them easier to cover with my usual concealer. It has a nice, smooth, almost matte finish when allowed to set on its own, or sometimes I set it with Laura Mercier's setting powder and it stays ALL day and looks great until I take it off at night. If I don't set it with powder, it still lasts, but doesn't look quite as perfect in the end as it does with powder. Other makeup applies flawlessly on top of this (blush, shadow, etc.). Despite its staying power, I have not broken out from this foundation. I will typically get whiteheads on my cheeks and chin when a foundation is going to break me out, but there have been none so far! And very important to me, is comfort. I hate feeling like I'm wearing makeup and this is just simply comfortable. Not drying, not necessarily hydrating, and definitely not oily. I pray that they don't reformulate or discontinue this...it's the best I've ever used. Only con is the very limited range of shades. I got the lightest available and it's perfect for my light, but not super pale skin. Usually, I have to pick the second lightest from a range, so ladies paler than myself, unfortunately, this will not work for. One last thing, I find that I have to remove this with an oil-based cleanser or makeup remover. Not a biggie, since I already have one in my arsenal of products, but just something to be aware of.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2014 1:43:00 PM More reviews by bluestar100

this foundation is excellent it just does the job properly, giving good coverage but natural finish and some how seems to adapt to my skin tone. it lasts, has limited touch off, doesn't oxidase and is really cheap! a great every day foundation. it does seem to adapt to face skin tone so my advice is to try it on your face because and look at it in the shop and day light as it's hard to tell if it's the right colour otherwise.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2014 7:16:00 PM More reviews by Sessr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this on a whim after reading some reviews. I figured, eh, not too expensive, what the hay... I used to use the Mac Mineralise Foundation (god knows why it wasn't suitable for me whatsoever). It slipped a lot and my face went shiny within 3-4 hours. I prefer this one for my skin. I do use a matte powder and makeup setting spray in addition to the Rimmel foundation. ------- I find I only need to blot once in the day for my face to remain reasonably matte. Furthermore, when I do blot I find there isn't much transferred onto the sheet compared to other brands. -------- Some people say it has a slight tacky / stickiness to it. I think it does but I don't mind it. It doesn't feel heavy for me and it isn't cakey, which could be due to the fact I don't need or use a lot. ----- I would buy it again as it seems to be great for me. Lastly, I haven't noticed any breakouts caused by this product. --- Win.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2014 5:31:00 PM More reviews by MeggieStrange

Ohhhh how I wish Rimmel would make more shades for this foundation... Preferably a lighter yellow toned shade. I love this magic in a squeezy tube. (US version)
This goes on so smoothly. One of the few foundations I can apply with whatever I want and it still looks great. I typically use a brush but something tells me that I could use a pickle and it would still look amazing. And it also has a great finish.
It obviously doesn't last as long as advertised but I'd give it a good 7 to 8 hours. (With powder or blotting sheets)
My only cons....
-The shade range... Good god. It's all so orange. at least it looks that way on my skin tone. I've tried 3 different shades and no luck. (I am willing to spend a little extra time blending for this foundation, but after awhile you just want something that matches.)
- The packaging... Don't get me wrong, I love squeezy tubes. (US version) But this product is so liquidy and the opening is so large that it just makes a mess. It's a good thing this product is cheap because a quarter of it will more than likely be wasted.

Nonetheless, it is still awesome. If you can find your shade and you don't mind being a little cautious when opening the product, TRY IT!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/5/2014 7:32:00 AM More reviews by moshsinner

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

As I'm very pale I'm glad Rimmel recently released the porcelain shade I bought both the Match Perfection and the Lasting Finsh foundations. I'm a huge fan of the match perfection foundation but never before used the Lasting Finsh. After first use I found it quite cakey and it smudged easy even with primers. I tried using just a little on my next usage but if was still the same effect if used to emphasise your flaws and not cover them. Wouldn't really recommend this foundation but if your looking for a good foundation for pale skin id recommend the Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation in 010.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2014 12:40:00 AM More reviews by vpivoine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Medium to full coverage, non-drying, stays wonderfully, I have essentially no complain especially with this price. Definitely recommended. Beats lots of high-end foundations.

For reference, I'm NC 25-30 and use rimmel 200.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/24/2014 3:53:00 PM More reviews by rlevally817

On, it goes on really nicely. Definitely medium coverage and need concealer. I top with the stay matte pressed powder, but you don't necessarily need it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2014 12:32:00 PM More reviews by samshi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this foundation on a whim after getting fed up with the revlon colour stay, which just always made my skin look so dull! at the moment I am in between using this and the estee lauder double wear light (sample) and I can honestly say I'm torn between the 2. The finish from this foundation is lovely and has good staying power. I'd say I have to blot after about 7/8 hours (I work long shifts in an air conditioned office though). I think for the price, you can't beat this foundation. for the first time in my life (always had really oily skin) I have found a foundation that keeps me matte and doesn't make me look dead! also never had so many compliments on how good my skin looks. I use the clean and clear dual action moisturiser and the no7 matte primer underneath. gorgeous foundation for an amazing price!