October 25, 2014 | 1864 users online

Liquid - Guerlain - 'Lingerie de Peau' Invisible Skin-Fusion Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 1/8/2014 8:18:00 PM More reviews by Erin1906

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have super dry skin and dry patches on my cheeks. this foundation feels pretty good when first apply but it tend to grab onto my dry patches and make them even more obvious.

this foundation is not drying, has a beautiful finish. but it's consistency isn't working for my skin plus it is expensive. Bobbi Brown skin foundation is way better than this one, looks a lot more natural.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2014 4:01:00 AM More reviews by Jenna0808

I have been using this foundation for about 2 months now and really love it. I've never liked wearing foundation or anything that looks makeup-y or heavy, but as I'm turning 30 this year I notice my skin doesn't look as even and bright as it used to. I did tons of research and tried different samples, and this foundation was a clear winner for me. It is very lightweight, so probably no good for those looking for medium-full coverage. But this smoothes out my skin, makes it look even, natural and bright, and keeps looking nice till the end of the day. I have been breaking out a tiny bit in my forehead after I started wearing this, but it is most likely caused by a heavier moisturizer that I started using for winter around the same time. At least I hope so, because in every other way this product is perfect for me and worth every penny. I would definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2014 5:39:00 PM More reviews by asoka

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This foundation is beautiful, hands down the most perfect formula I've ever used - and I have sampled and bought many high end favorites. Lingerie de Peau is light to medium coverage, looks gorgeous applied with a stippling brush OR applied with fingers. It's not dewy or luminous, nor is it matte, it gives a very natural finish. It's more on the dry side and light feeling on the skin, I think this will be ideal during the warm months. Like others, I wish there were more colors. I first sampled it in 02, and it was too dark, and pink for my fair neutral skin. I loved the finish so much I ordered 31 Ambre Pale sight unseen. While color is great, it's ever so slightly light for my nc 20 skin tone. Because I prefer a slightly darker foundation, I'm thinking ordering this in another shade to mix it with - I know that is ridiculous considering it's cost, but that is how in love I am with this foundation. One lippie off for the poor color selection, but this really is a five star product in every other way. Definitely worth a try if you can get your hands on a sample.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2013 11:46:00 PM More reviews by raachhhxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Simply gorgeous. I have used many different foundations from drug store to high end (GA - Chanel - Chantecaille - YSL) and I must say I was very impressed! Although I can't say I have very bad skin to begin with I do deal with redness issues and a little bit of pigmentation. I wanted something that was going to cover enough, but still look natural and have that perfect complexion we all look for. Well, this is it for me! The first day I wore it to work one of my clients asked what I had on my face because I looked porcelain. Second skin is definetley the best way to describe it, glides onto my skin and completley dissapears and I am left with perfect skin instantly! Love Love.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/29/2013 8:49:00 PM More reviews by simzbaby

I've tried 2 different Guerlaine foundations (Lingerie and Extreme) and so far, no luck with neither. I love how my skin looks when I first apply - smooth with radiant, but it wears out throughout the day, doesn't control the oil and dries up my combination oily dehydrated skin. By the end of the day, my skin looks dull, oily and flaky. I actually think I look better without foundation than with any Guerlaine foundations. Glass pump bottle looks prestige but not so practical. That's it for me with their foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2013 5:18:00 AM More reviews by xcessa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So. My review is good for this but.......
I got a sample so I can't comment on packaging.
The lightest shade is too dark for me.
It made me breakout in huge gross whiteheads, probably the worst breakout I've had in two years. I wore it two days in a row.

All that said, this is one of the most lovely if not the loveliest foundation I've ever used. I desperately wish I could use it. If you truly want perfected yet undetectable - try this. I hope you have better results than me!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2013 4:58:00 PM More reviews by Sara44

This foundation has to be one of my favourites.
With most foundations I break out, or they have a way of making the tiny pimples on my face stand out. With this foundation it give you a look of healthy skin and almost glazes over all imperfections. Also this foundations is the opposite of cakey. Most natural looking foundation ever. The only complaint is staying power for me, without a setting powder it slides off my face after a few hours. Also if you have acne or redness it definitely isn't full coverage but it very buildable.

UPDATE: Been using for almost 2 months and its my HOLY GRAIL of foundations, the two main things I've noticed are how buildable it is and how natural it looks, but you NEED setting powder.

ENJOY!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2013 8:37:00 PM More reviews by alina08

Unfortunately for me, I am too pale for this foundation. I was really looking forward to changing up my makeup routine, but this is about two shades too dark. The foundation itself is of good quality, tends to be on the drier side, and has a nice finish. I also love the packaging, which is very elegant. Oh well.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2013 5:34:00 PM More reviews by Dromero03

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I bough this foundation after seeing a review done from some people on youtube. I really liked the way the video's were talking about how it sets into your skin like a second skin and not like a mask. So after much research I went out and bought it.

I will admit it is very pricey however the bottle is big so it makes up (somewhat) in that manner. I paid $64 Canadian for it. I went to the Husdon Bay store and had the counter lady try different shades on me. While I am fair skin, I have yellow not pink undertones and this foundation line has a lot of pink undertones. We finally found the one that was perfect for my skin color, Beige Clair 02. When she put it on the side of my face, I swear it looked like I had nothing on. However she didn't have my shade so I ran to Sephora and bought it there for the same price.

I went home and dreamed about using it the next day. When I woke up in the morning after my bath routine I did my makeup and put this on. I used my beauty blender sponge with it, and it just sank into my skin perfectly this foundation. It looked like i had nothing on but flawless skin.

I read a lot of people had issue with flakiness. You need to use a good moisturizer before applying this. Because it is a thin based liquid foundation and not cream, then yes it will cause your dryness to appear. Since it is winter here in Canada, I put on my face cream with my sunscreen and let it sit for one minute. Then I put this foundation on and it looks beautiful.

This might just be my HG foundation. If anything changes I will updates this post, but for now I don't look darker and this foundation has not oxidized it as some said it happen to them.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/23/2013 10:56:00 AM More reviews by beautylatte

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I had been dying to try a Guerlain foundation, and was super excited to get a sample of it with my last Sephora purchase. Was SO disappointed with it and feel relieved I didn't splurge on a full size like I had been planning to, based on good reviews I'd read.

It has a thin, oily formula that never quite sunk into my skin. I have dry cheeks with oily zones at the middle of my forehead and along the sides of my nose. It emphasized fine lines and dry patches, while turning to an oil slick in my Tzone. I could *feel* the foundation on me all day which was unpleasant. It also oxidized and turned darker. By the end of the day it was as though it had melted off my face unevenly. And yes I did use setting powder! Temperature was not to blame because it has been cold and dry here in NC. It made my skin itch and feel prickly. I was never so glad to get home after work and wash my face!!!

This is an extremely poor performer, one of the worst foundations I have tried. Even if it had a drugstore price, I'd return it in a heartbeat.