December 20, 2014 | 1165 users online

Liquid - Guerlain - 'Lingerie de Peau' Invisible Skin-Fusion Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2014 2:29:00 AM More reviews by stacyavdeeva

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I cringe using this word, but this is my "holy grail" foundation. I have combination skin with the occasional breakout, for reference. I have the lightest shade, 01 (which is a tad pink, but most light foundations are). This foundation looks incredibly natural, truly a skin-like finish. It's very light, and it doesn't feel like you're wearing foundation. The coverage is a medium that can be sheered out or built up without looking cake-y. The bottle is beautiful, complete with a pump and has an SPF of 20. It's pricey as well. I alternate between a Sigma flat top kabuki (for a flawless finish) or a Real techniques buffing brush (for a more natural finish) to apply.
Now here's the downside and why I took off one point. Not the best lasting power for an oily T-zone. This foundation is the closest to perfect I have found, so to combat that I wear a small amount of a long-lasting foundation underneath (like Estee Lauder Double Wear, old formula, haven't tried the new one) on my T-zone to keep the foundation lasting longer. I do need to touch up 4-5 hours after application when I start looking shiny, but it never cakes with the addition of extra powder.
One thing that's great about this foundation is how it fades away. A lot of foundations I've tried break up unevenly and settle into your pores. This one seems like it disappears evenly and fades away gradually. For me, this process starts about 8-9 hours into wearing it and at about 12 hours, the foundation has about 50% faded away.
But not bad overall for a foundation that is somewhat dewy and doesn't claim to be long-lasting. Just make sure to touch up and wear a primer underneath if you need it to last a while.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/5/2014 7:41:00 AM More reviews by Mysticmme

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to like Lingerie. The bottle is beautiful, the texture felt great and the initial look was very soft and skin-like. 03 was a good match for my skin.

However… even with Guerlain primer and UD All nighter setting spray, it wore off after 6 hours. it didn't oxidize on me, or fade unevenly.

This is a lovely short-term foundation.

I have normal-dry skin; no dry patches.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2014 2:34:00 PM More reviews by librariandiva

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this foundation! It really lives up to its name!
I have been starting to embrace liquid foundations as I've gotten older because I feel they just look more natural on me than mineral/powders do. Even though my skin is on the oily side, this product does not cause any problems. I am picky about coverage, I want my redness covered, but I dont like a heavy formula. This formula covers without being (or feeling) heavy on my skin. It glides on smoothly and applies very evenly. It does have a strong perfume-y fragrance, but it doesnt bother me. I use the Beige Clair 02, it matches my skin perfectly! You really have to go into a Sephora and get it matched on your skin because the color range is VERY tricky, some are too pink and some are way too yellow.
I love that the SPF gives me peace of mind and the finish leaves my skin looking natural, not totally matte, but not shiny either, somewhere in between. The greatest compliment I've gotten is when I asked a co-worker what she thought and she said she it didnt look like I as wearing anything on my face!
This formula is quite watery, so I would definitely use a Beauty Blender to apply it. The glass package is also quite heavy, but I never carry full bottles with me in my bag, so I transfer some in a small sample holder (the ones I get from Sephora, I re-use them all the time like this!) and it goes anywhere.
I would recommend this for anyone who is looking for a lightweight formula that covers well and leaves a natural finish. Its $59 at Sephora, but I always troll Ebay for bargains and I got a new unopened one for only $30!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2014 2:14:00 AM More reviews by JaydenReece

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation is amazing.. Lovely glowing finish without being overly greasy or too matte.. Somewhere in the middle.. Gives a nice light low-medium buildable coverage.. Wears like a seconf skin!This could have been potential HG but for me they don't have a shade which was right for me :( and this is heavily fragranced.. But over all a good foundation which did last springily on my oily skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2014 11:21:00 PM More reviews by HeatSeeker

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation and I may have found my holy grail. This foundation goes on smoothly. I did use my beauty blender for the first layer but for the second I used my fingers and it went on well. This really is the first foundation I have used that feels like a second skin! I am very impressed with the wear. The one thing I don't like about it is that I need two layers to get the medium coverage I want. Even though it is pricy I may be in love and willing to keep buying it.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/8/2014 8:18:00 PM More reviews by Erin1906

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have super dry skin and dry patches on my cheeks. this foundation feels pretty good when first apply but it tend to grab onto my dry patches and make them even more obvious.

this foundation is not drying, has a beautiful finish. but it's consistency isn't working for my skin plus it is expensive. Bobbi Brown skin foundation is way better than this one, looks a lot more natural.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2014 4:01:00 AM More reviews by Jenna0808

I have been using this foundation for about 2 months now and really love it. I've never liked wearing foundation or anything that looks makeup-y or heavy, but as I'm turning 30 this year I notice my skin doesn't look as even and bright as it used to. I did tons of research and tried different samples, and this foundation was a clear winner for me. It is very lightweight, so probably no good for those looking for medium-full coverage. But this smoothes out my skin, makes it look even, natural and bright, and keeps looking nice till the end of the day. I have been breaking out a tiny bit in my forehead after I started wearing this, but it is most likely caused by a heavier moisturizer that I started using for winter around the same time. At least I hope so, because in every other way this product is perfect for me and worth every penny. I would definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2014 5:39:00 PM More reviews by asoka

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This foundation is beautiful, hands down the most perfect formula I've ever used - and I have sampled and bought many high end favorites. Lingerie de Peau is light to medium coverage, looks gorgeous applied with a stippling brush OR applied with fingers. It's not dewy or luminous, nor is it matte, it gives a very natural finish. It's more on the dry side and light feeling on the skin, I think this will be ideal during the warm months. Like others, I wish there were more colors. I first sampled it in 02, and it was too dark, and pink for my fair neutral skin. I loved the finish so much I ordered 31 Ambre Pale sight unseen. While color is great, it's ever so slightly light for my nc 20 skin tone. Because I prefer a slightly darker foundation, I'm thinking ordering this in another shade to mix it with - I know that is ridiculous considering it's cost, but that is how in love I am with this foundation. One lippie off for the poor color selection, but this really is a five star product in every other way. Definitely worth a try if you can get your hands on a sample.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2013 11:46:00 PM More reviews by raachhhxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Simply gorgeous. I have used many different foundations from drug store to high end (GA - Chanel - Chantecaille - YSL) and I must say I was very impressed! Although I can't say I have very bad skin to begin with I do deal with redness issues and a little bit of pigmentation. I wanted something that was going to cover enough, but still look natural and have that perfect complexion we all look for. Well, this is it for me! The first day I wore it to work one of my clients asked what I had on my face because I looked porcelain. Second skin is definetley the best way to describe it, glides onto my skin and completley dissapears and I am left with perfect skin instantly! Love Love.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/29/2013 8:49:00 PM More reviews by simzbaby

I've tried 2 different Guerlaine foundations (Lingerie and Extreme) and so far, no luck with neither. I love how my skin looks when I first apply - smooth with radiant, but it wears out throughout the day, doesn't control the oil and dries up my combination oily dehydrated skin. By the end of the day, my skin looks dull, oily and flaky. I actually think I look better without foundation than with any Guerlaine foundations. Glass pump bottle looks prestige but not so practical. That's it for me with their foundation.