September 17, 2014 | 1289 users online

Cleansers - Garnier - Moisture Rescue Fresh Cleansing Foam

rated 3 of 5 on 10/21/2011 10:32:00 PM More reviews by dsmith81

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this product for about 9 months now and I have to say I really like it. I have combination skin (very very very very dry cheek/temples, and a pretty oily forehead and chin). I find it really cleans my face well without drying my skin out or leaving it too oily. It thoroughly removes make up (I always wash my face twice when I have make up on to make sure my pores really get cleansed) and it doesn't irritate my sensitive skin at all. I also love it because of the price...I'm a splurger when it comes to make up, skin care, and hair care products, but I find that this works better for me than any of the more expensive face cleansers I've tried.

Overall I would recommend this.

**note i am not prone to break outs...I've never had more than 4 or 5 pimples on my face at a time and I find most of my acne comes from hormonal changes.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2011 6:58:00 PM More reviews by sarahlen

I wish there was a maybe option because i might buy this again. A lot of people are comparing it to purity for half the price and I can see that. I think its because like purity it cleanses thoroughly without drying skin out which Is great and it is like only 8 dollars compared to what 30? (However purity is probably more concentrated). I actually have to say that my skin felt a little bit softer than it does with purity but that brings me to what i don't like about it. I think it leaves skin feeling softer because it coats the skin and i personally don't want/need that. I like my skin to be squeaky clean nothing left behind (but not dry). The second thing i don't like about this is it stung my eyes like crazy any time i got it near them, when I say crazy i mean crazy. Probably because of all the heavy fragrance. If it was as gentle as purity on my eyes I would switch to save money.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2011 1:07:00 AM More reviews by robinia

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like this product, it cleans out my pores without drying my skin. It smells and feels refreshing. I have normal, aging skin.It is thick so it's a little difficult to squeeze out of the tube, but that's not a big deal. I would definitely buy this again!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2011 9:41:00 AM More reviews by charlie_leone

I do not like this cleanser after one week using it! it make my nose area peel and dry! i change it to the Fresh gel cleanser from the same brand name, it works so much better for me, the Fresh gel cleanser leave no resides and cleanse well without drying my nose area! I follow with Moisture rescue fresh moisturizer without SPF, work well for me.

PS. i am allergic SPF creams and lotions, it clogs my pores!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2011 3:41:00 PM More reviews by sofondajanefonda

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

46 yr old male here. The consistency is like noxema (without the mediciney smell). Nice Light Melon Fragrance. Wash in the morning and throughout the day my face gets more dewy, so I don't even need a moisturizer. Not drying at all. I use it with an extra-gentle buf-puf or spin-brush. A little lathers alot. Always under $6, so one of the cheapest cleansers you'll find out there. Lives up to the name.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/26/2011 4:46:00 PM More reviews by AmyyGurrl04

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I definitely like the results on this products, my face looks flawless after I use it. I don't have sensitive skin at all, but this makes my skin burn. The only way that stops if from the Gel moisture rescue. I personally think they make it that it only works when they're together.. Which is pretty inconvenient.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 6/7/2011 10:36:00 AM More reviews by RachelLauren

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to love this cleanser, because it does a great job of removing makeup and not drying out my skin. But if I use it anywhere near my eyes it stings, it is inconvenient to use this and a separate eye makeup remover, so I will not be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2011 4:56:00 PM More reviews by Blplunk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This may just end up being my HG cleanser!! Thanks to Retin A for sun damage my skin had been REALLY dry & flaking, but the other moisturizing cleansers I tried were no match for my EL Double wear foundation (my other HG). This gets my makeup off, and doesn't make my face feel like the Sahara! It is still somewhat dry & I still need moisturizer obviously, but this is a huge step! Also I have to add this is the first cleanser I have bought in a LONG time that does not leave a film of any kind on my face & rinses clean!! I have also used this with my Clarisonic with good results. I hope this helps someone, this product is certainly helping me!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/11/2011 4:07:00 PM More reviews by DeliaDelyons

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I keep this in my shower, and don't really use it often; however, I do like it, I just don't really like foaming products in general. But sometimes I just *want* that foamy-made-me-completely-clean feel without drying. I think this is good for that. But it does leave the feeling like I just washed with a bar of Ivory soap, kinda *squeaky* clean, which I'm not fond of. But, it doesn't irritate my skin or break me out and it smells nice to me. I really like the gel cream moisturizer under the same branding though.

*removes makeup completely
*doesn't irritate, overdry or break me out
*pricier for drugstore purchase, IMO
*leaves a soapy finsh which I'm not crazy about
*very foamy, only a small amount is needed

I probably won't repurchase because of the soapy filmy factor, but this onne tube is lasting me a super long time, since I don't use it often anyways, and you only need a tiny bit. I think my BF has used more of it than me...

rated 1 of 5 on 5/10/2011 6:29:00 PM More reviews by shoegal831

Excuse me? Am I missing something? The name of the product is "Moisture Rescue." I have combination skin that gets very oily during Spring/Summer. I've been dealing with dryness due to topical creams for my acne. This product seemed like a good fix. After washing my face, however, my skin was SO dry and tight that it hurt to smile. I immediately had to put on a heavy duty cream to soothe it. Don't understand why it is drying me out so badly. Not for me. :(