LUSH Gorilla Perfume - Lust

3.8

This is my favorite scent from Lush. So much so that I have the soap, perfume and the Lustre shimmer powder. I am obsessed with jasmine and it's hard to find a scent that really smells like actual jasmine in bloom. As others have said it is a dirty jasmine scent, that is what makes it so sexy instead of just pure and lovely. Right now I only have the slim vial (purse size) but I plan on purchasing the large bottle and refilling the vial. I usually get about 3 to 4 hours of wear with this, that I can pick up on, so I like to carry it with me and reapply it. It's not my everyday scent, but it makes me feel feminine and pretty when I wear it and I love the way it smells. Definitely pick this up if you love jasmine. The only reason I am not giving it 5 stars is because I wish the scent lasted longer.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I purchased this scent based on my love for the scent of the Godiva shampoo bar. I should have remembered the reviews cautioning the potency of this scent. I read many that suggested putting it on while you are getting ready as the initial blast is quite strong. LISTEN to them. I was THAT girl. The girl with the dragon tail. I made the mistake of putting two squirts on. Maybe three. I went to pick up lunch and the girl ringing me up started gagging, coughing and had to step away from the register. I can tell you guys this because I care. You only need ONE light squirt, held a foot away to get the honey flowered sex bomb effect. After a brief moment of pee, this turns to sugared jasmine and then my chemistry pulls out the patchouli. After a bath using Lust soap, a light dusting of Silky Underwear and a mist of this, my husband tells me I smell like a rose bush. I will take that, it is better than "smelling like the litter box" (Lancome's Miracle) or a "hamster cage", (MAC's Turquatic).

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

Since other reviewers have explained Lust's composition, I'd like to offer a review on the scent's effect on people's...dispositions.

Received two workplace responses (stated below to 99% accuracy) to this scent which reflect almost all male/female reactions to me when I'm wearing it.

Female 1: What are you wearing?

Me: LUSH's Lust.

Female 1: You smell like candy. Like a sweet tart.

Me: Central notes do include ylang-ylang and jasmine.

Female 1: Yeah, ok, I smell cheap candy.
Female 2: It's kinda...too sweet or something.

Me: Noted.

Female 1 (out of earshot of Female 2): What's the name of it again?

Male 1: What...do you smell that?
Male 2: It's like flowers and honey...some sort of...
Male 1: They're blue. I smell this flower outside of my bedroom window.
Male 2: Violets, lilacs, I smell jasmine...
Male 1: Yes, lilacs. Are you stalking me?

Me: How so?

Male 1: I swear, I smell this every night before I go to sleep.
Male 2: You're not very good at this, are you?

Myself and Male 1: I'm [you're] not supposed to leave a trail.

You can likely imagine the simultaneous emotions emitted by the people who smell me. Women = 75% miffed curiosity, 15% repulsion, 10% tell-me-the-name-of-that-scent-or-I-will-hunt-you-down.

Men? 75% muffled carnality, 15% feigned repulsion, 10% I-will-hunt-you-down.

It should be noted that these responses transcend socio/economic barriers. The men at work? The VP and a Director. Should have known better. Lust is a strange mistress, no?

This scent is not meant for people who cannot carry it off. Regardless of whether or not someone likes it, almost everyone who has encountered it says it's to some degree, loud. Almost ostentatiously so. I'd almost say Lust is a bit polarizing in that you either adore it, or it's just too much.

Suffice to say, this is one of my signature fragrances. LUSH nailed the combination of frenetic flirtation and simmering sexuality.

There's another fragrance they made, however, which is the yin to this yang. If Lust is a Porsche ride to a pulsating rave? Cocktail is a chauffeured Bentley to a sultry jazz club. One evokes reactions of those seduced, one is conducive to the seduction itself. Hard to explain, but understood when experienced.

LUSH's perfumiers are immensely underrated.

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

You know usually Jasmine scent can be easier related to "TOILET" smell or grandly. Thanks GOD LUSH Lust does not have this smell.
I love the smell of this perfume, it has very nice sweet Jasmine scent.

It is good that Lush has a 10ml size so it is great for traveling or for your handbag.
But the bottle of the perfume does not look very appealing.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Lush Lust is jasmine grandiflorum pure and simple - gorgeous and inspiring! Very high vibratory. The way I remember "headshop" jasmine, with a few other subtle notes in the base, and high quality ingredients. Sometimes indolic on me, other times not. I got the solid rollup for starters, but this juice is full bottle worthy for me. Excellent with Lush Orange Blossom next to it - gorgeous together. Bring on the jasmine - absolutely intoxicating!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Wow this is a gorgeous sparkling jasmine tea like scent and i dont even like fragrances that are predominantly jasmine based with the indoles - yuk!

This review is for the solid stick and i adore this scent which lasts all night on me. Incredible for a solid perfume that cost me only 5 and more sillage than my expensive fragrances!!

The red colour has been toned down so i have no problem with staining.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Good god, they weren't wrong when they called this Gorilla perfume!. I purchased the large, highest concentration bottle blind, based on my love for Flying Fox Shower Gel. The gel is quite intoxicating, I just love the jasmine and warm honey in the shower, the smell afterwards on the skin is very relaxing and pleasant. Used as a shampoo, the scent lasts for several hours. Lust closely resembles Flying Fox though minus some of that lovely mellow honey, but boy the concentration is really amped up. One spray is powerful and lasts all day....perhaps I should have purchased the lower concentration version because over application will be headache inducing. I doubt I will ever need to repurchase this powerhouse of a fragrance and would recommend trying out the various concentrations before purchasing. Still, a great jasmine scent.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I love this scent. I bought the spray and could spend all day smelling it, if it lasted that long. But I suppose that is not unusual for any perfume.

I'm a huge lover of perfumes and I'm always on the search for a new scent. I love LUSH already and I liked the idea of a solid perfume, so I always craved one of these babies. My friend got it for me as a present and I was thrilled. She picked up the solid perfume in Lust.

It comes with 12g of product, which is fair amount. Its a push up tube, which can at times be troublesome can push back down. I wish the packaging was manufactured a bit better. Also the solid perfume itself is a red color. It does not show redness on our skin at all, but you do have to blend it out. Now to the scent.

Oh my goodness, this is seriously one of my favorite scents of all time. Lust has a beautifully strong scent of jasmine flower. Jasmine is one of my favorite scents, probably because its such a unique floral scent in my opinion. It smells so sexy and floral, but not in the typical annoying generic floral way. This scent is very unique, I've never smelled a perfume similiar to it. It has a lovely woody-base to it. Plus the wear of this is AMAZING. This lasts 10+ hours on me. Most scents fade off within two hours or so. This scent LASTS. I adore this product.

I love this stuff. If you like Godiva shampoo, you will love this as well. To me it just smells like pure jasmine, raw and unsophisticated. Love it. My everyday type of perfume. I only use a touch of it underneath clothes for a very special person to enjoy at the end of the day.

Popular Fragrances