LUSH Gorilla Perfume - Lust

3.9

on 8/11/2012 6:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

Since other reviewers have explained Lust's composition, I'd like to offer a review on the scent's effect on people's...dispositions.

Received two workplace responses (stated below to 99% accuracy) to this scent which reflect almost all male/female reactions to me when I'm wearing it.

Female 1: What are you wearing?

Me: LUSH's Lust.

Female 1: You smell like candy. Like a sweet tart.

Me: Central notes do include ylang-ylang and jasmine.

Female 1: Yeah, ok, I smell cheap candy.
Female 2: It's kinda...too sweet or something.

Me: Noted.

Female 1 (out of earshot of Female 2): What's the name of it again?

Male 1: What...do you smell that?
Male 2: It's like flowers and honey...some sort of...
Male 1: They're blue. I smell this flower outside of my bedroom window.
Male 2: Violets, lilacs, I smell jasmine...
Male 1: Yes, lilacs. Are you stalking me?

Me: How so?

Male 1: I swear, I smell this every night before I go to sleep.
Male 2: You're not very good at this, are you?

Myself and Male 1: I'm [you're] not supposed to leave a trail.

You can likely imagine the simultaneous emotions emitted by the people who smell me. Women = 75% miffed curiosity, 15% repulsion, 10% tell-me-the-name-of-that-scent-or-I-will-hunt-you-down.

Men? 75% muffled carnality, 15% feigned repulsion, 10% I-will-hunt-you-down.

It should be noted that these responses transcend socio/economic barriers. The men at work? The VP and a Director. Should have known better. Lust is a strange mistress, no?

This scent is not meant for people who cannot carry it off. Regardless of whether or not someone likes it, almost everyone who has encountered it says it's to some degree, loud. Almost ostentatiously so. I'd almost say Lust is a bit polarizing in that you either adore it, or it's just too much.

Suffice to say, this is one of my signature fragrances. LUSH nailed the combination of frenetic flirtation and simmering sexuality.

There's another fragrance they made, however, which is the yin to this yang. If Lust is a Porsche ride to a pulsating rave? Cocktail is a chauffeured Bentley to a sultry jazz club. One evokes reactions of those seduced, one is conducive to the seduction itself. Hard to explain, but understood when experienced.

LUSH's perfumiers are immensely underrated.

on 8/10/2012 5:54:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

You know usually Jasmine scent can be easier related to "TOILET" smell or grandly. Thanks GOD LUSH Lust does not have this smell.
I love the smell of this perfume, it has very nice sweet Jasmine scent.

It is good that Lush has a 10ml size so it is great for traveling or for your handbag.
But the bottle of the perfume does not look very appealing.

on 8/8/2012 6:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Lush Lust is jasmine grandiflorum pure and simple - gorgeous and inspiring! Very high vibratory. The way I remember "headshop" jasmine, with a few other subtle notes in the base, and high quality ingredients. Sometimes indolic on me, other times not. I got the solid rollup for starters, but this juice is full bottle worthy for me. Excellent with Lush Orange Blossom next to it - gorgeous together. Bring on the jasmine - absolutely intoxicating!

on 8/7/2012 4:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Wow this is a gorgeous sparkling jasmine tea like scent and i dont even like fragrances that are predominantly jasmine based with the indoles - yuk!

This review is for the solid stick and i adore this scent which lasts all night on me. Incredible for a solid perfume that cost me only 5 and more sillage than my expensive fragrances!!

The red colour has been toned down so i have no problem with staining.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Good god, they weren't wrong when they called this Gorilla perfume!. I purchased the large, highest concentration bottle blind, based on my love for Flying Fox Shower Gel. The gel is quite intoxicating, I just love the jasmine and warm honey in the shower, the smell afterwards on the skin is very relaxing and pleasant. Used as a shampoo, the scent lasts for several hours. Lust closely resembles Flying Fox though minus some of that lovely mellow honey, but boy the concentration is really amped up. One spray is powerful and lasts all day....perhaps I should have purchased the lower concentration version because over application will be headache inducing. I doubt I will ever need to repurchase this powerhouse of a fragrance and would recommend trying out the various concentrations before purchasing. Still, a great jasmine scent.

on 5/31/2012 12:55:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I love this scent. I bought the spray and could spend all day smelling it, if it lasted that long. But I suppose that is not unusual for any perfume.

on 5/27/2012 12:11:00 PM

I'm a huge lover of perfumes and I'm always on the search for a new scent. I love LUSH already and I liked the idea of a solid perfume, so I always craved one of these babies. My friend got it for me as a present and I was thrilled. She picked up the solid perfume in Lust.

It comes with 12g of product, which is fair amount. Its a push up tube, which can at times be troublesome can push back down. I wish the packaging was manufactured a bit better. Also the solid perfume itself is a red color. It does not show redness on our skin at all, but you do have to blend it out. Now to the scent.

Oh my goodness, this is seriously one of my favorite scents of all time. Lust has a beautifully strong scent of jasmine flower. Jasmine is one of my favorite scents, probably because its such a unique floral scent in my opinion. It smells so sexy and floral, but not in the typical annoying generic floral way. This scent is very unique, I've never smelled a perfume similiar to it. It has a lovely woody-base to it. Plus the wear of this is AMAZING. This lasts 10+ hours on me. Most scents fade off within two hours or so. This scent LASTS. I adore this product.

on 4/15/2012 4:56:00 PM

I love this stuff. If you like Godiva shampoo, you will love this as well. To me it just smells like pure jasmine, raw and unsophisticated. Love it. My everyday type of perfume. I only use a touch of it underneath clothes for a very special person to enjoy at the end of the day.

on 3/31/2012 9:37:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I bought the small vial on vacation and am absolutely repurchasing the large bottle when I run out. This scent is amazing - everything I have been looking for in a perfume - it is like they read my mind! Such a sexy, sophisticated scent that lasts and lasts. When I spray it behind my ears I find myself shaking my head to get wafts of the lovely scent. Jasmine is listed as the first scented ingredient, followed by Ylang Ylang, Rose, Vanilla, and Sandalwood. I am a perfume hoarder, always buying new scents then abandoning them for the next one that tickles my fancy, but this one is my favorite EVER! I didn't notice that it sprayed red, so I haven't had any problems with that.

on 1/27/2012 6:20:00 PM

Pros:
-extremely sexy scent
-stays on all day
-I like the packaging

Cons:
-makes my friend sneeze
-can stain clothes red
-bottle is prone to falling off my dresser a LOT because of the slender base

Overall:
Love the scent, it's great for a "date night" or some other event where I want to smell really attractive and appealing. It's probably a bit strong for people with scent sensitivities though. Only use a little bit, on your pulse points.

Popular Fragrances