August 20, 2014 | 1951 users online

Moisturizers - Garnier - Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2013 10:38:00 AM More reviews by cathykl

While for many this is may be an "ok" moisturizer it does list denatured alcohol as the 3rd ingredient which is drying and damages my skin over time, causing redness and irritation. I used this one and Biotherm's gel (also high alcohol/fragrance) moisturiser and had terrible, constantly breaking out skin at those times. I have since stopped using these types of products because I notice they leave me with dry patches and isn't very good for prepping skin before make up. I can see someone with very oily skin probably liking it however my preference is for moisturizers without denatured/SD alcohols, as I don't feel this is beneficial for skin in the long term. I also dislike the jar packaging. not very hygenic even if you wash your hands or use a spatula. Would not repurchase

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 10/20/2013 10:51:00 AM More reviews by kbentley0423

I was so excited when I found this product as a gel because regular lotion moisturizers tend to break me out in some areas and im still dry in others. This moisturizer was not for me either. I used it for a little over a week and it was great. HOWEVER, I noticed a few bumps and a slight rash form on the side of my lip. I didn't know what it was. I'm not prone to getting cold sores either. The last one I had was over 10 years ago. The next morning, my lips were swollen with bumps all around and on them. It was a rash from an allergic reaction. Later on the day, I noticed my cheeks were intensely itchy. Again, apart of the reaction. I looked up more reviews on the product and other people have had the same problem as well. Needless to say I stopped using the product, and hope to find another gel moisturizer.

Although, the first few days I tried the product, it was cool and refreshing. Very lightweight, and didn't cause any breakouts. Just be cautious.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2013 11:33:00 PM More reviews by dulyoncourt

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The only moisturizer that will not make my skin swim in oil. I love the scent. Not a fan of the packaging since I have to get just enough or I have to wash my hand again, scoop more and reapply. I have acne and very oily skin. I bought it after reading the review from Walgreens. No regrets. It works great with makeup too. Just make sure the moisturizer has been absorbed before applying foundation. Sometimes, I would use it to lighten my liquid foundation's texture. Makes applying Revlon Colorstay a breeze if it's mixed together.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2013 3:25:00 PM More reviews by mandapanda01

This product is great. It doesn't break me out or make my face greasy which is a big bonus for me! A lot of moisturizers I've used have done nothing nothing but make my oily t-zone worse. This gel texture soaks right into my skin and doesn't leave a film over my face. It applies the perfect amount of moisture and smells amazing (just like all garnier products). You only have to use a little and for the more dry-skinned people, garnier has come out with another version of this that's more heavy duty. I haven't tried it out, but it's worth a shot!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/22/2013 9:36:00 PM More reviews by SupremeMushroom

This burned my skin and made it very inflamed. People also told me that my skin looked red. :( I would not recommend it for the sensitive skinned.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2013 8:05:00 PM More reviews by deebaby07

This is an excellent moisturizer. Love the refreshing cool feeling, the fact that it's oil free and the smell of cucumber. The only downside is that I don't think it had anything in it to actually improve your skin texture like some of the higher end moisturizers.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2013 6:31:00 PM More reviews by macprobossychik

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have very oily skin and when I started using this moisturizer I forgot about my other ones. I love that it doesn't leave a greasy film over my already oily face. The gel just gets absorbed and leaves my face feeling refreshed. I use this in the morning and at night. Now the package is what I don't like. Maybe because I feel like its being contaminated by being in a tub....it definitely should have been in a tube where the product can be squeezed out or with a pump. Other than that, this is my HG moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2013 3:06:00 PM More reviews by klo92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was trying to find a gel based moisturizer for my oily skin and came across this. I'm so glad I purchased this! It feels so nice, non greasy which is what I need since I am extremely oily. I live in Florida which makes it worse, but this helps and is very light weight. I am also acne prone & has not broken me out & been using this for 4 months.This is my HG product & defiantly be repurchasing. Try it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2013 10:21:00 PM More reviews by JulesRiv

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a great moisturizer for all skin types, especially combination. I purchased this based on the reviews that it was similar to Clinique's moisture surge, and it really is! This is literally like just putting water on your face, it doesn't leave that lotion-y feel behind yet it is very moisturizing! It's very refreshing on contact and loaded with antioxidants, I would definitely purchase again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2013 12:44:00 AM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Garnier calls their Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel Cream a "light, oil free gel cream that penetrates deeply into skins upper layers so that skin looks and feels soft and smooth." This moisturizer is dermatologist tested, oil free, non greasy, no comedogenic and allergy tested. Garnier's Gel Cream contains grape water extract which "defends skin from external aggressors." There are two Moisture Rescue Gel Cream formulas, one for dry skin and one for normal to combo skin; I'll be reviewing the latter. This moisturizer contains 1.7 oz (50g) and retails for around $7. I bought my jar at Ulta for $4.45 with a coupon. Unfortunately, Garnier products are tested on animals. Garnier does not list where this product was made.
Garnier's Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel Cream comes in a green and white cardboard box. The box offers plenty of product information, a full ingredient list, and information about some ingredients. The product it's self comes in a clear plastic jar topped with a white cap. A label wraps around the jar, offering the product name, Garnier logo, and directions. I don't really like moisturizers in jars, yinz know me and my squeeze tube. I feel like I use up products in jars much faster.
I've previously really enjoyed gel moisturizers, so when I spotted a coupon for this product I got a little excited. Garnier's Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel Cream is a thin, extremely lightweight green gel. This moisturizer is effortless to apply...not that any moisturizer is difficult to apply, its just that Garnier's gel feels like you're putting water on your skin. This stuff glides on and sinks right in - no stickiness, residue, or greasy feeling. In fact it doesn't feel like I've applied moisturizer at all. You know how sometimes with traditional creamy moisturizers it feels like you've put a bit too much moisture into your skin? That never happens with Garnier's Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel Cream, it imparts just the right amount of moisture my skin needs, no more, no less. This product makes my skin feel really balanced, not moisturized. While I don't have any reaction to this product on my face, I find it irritating to my eye area, so be cautious. This moisturizer has the standard Garnier scent.
Garnier's Moisture Rescue Gel is great for the summer, when I don't need much moisture. Those with normal to oily skin will probably fall in love with this super lightweight gel moisturizer. Garnier's Gel Cream is really refreshing, as promised. I like this moisturizer, but I doubt I'll repurchase it, at least not until next summer. I just don't think it'll provide enough hydration during the rest of the year. I feel like I blew through this moisturizer, I have a quarter of a jar left after only a month. If you're on the market for an affordable gel moisturizer for normal to oily skin, check out Garnier's Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel Cream.