July 30, 2014 | 1425 users online

Moisturizers - Garnier - Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2013 8:05:00 PM More reviews by deebaby07

This is an excellent moisturizer. Love the refreshing cool feeling, the fact that it's oil free and the smell of cucumber. The only downside is that I don't think it had anything in it to actually improve your skin texture like some of the higher end moisturizers.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2013 6:31:00 PM More reviews by macprobossychik

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have very oily skin and when I started using this moisturizer I forgot about my other ones. I love that it doesn't leave a greasy film over my already oily face. The gel just gets absorbed and leaves my face feeling refreshed. I use this in the morning and at night. Now the package is what I don't like. Maybe because I feel like its being contaminated by being in a tub....it definitely should have been in a tube where the product can be squeezed out or with a pump. Other than that, this is my HG moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2013 3:06:00 PM More reviews by klo92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was trying to find a gel based moisturizer for my oily skin and came across this. I'm so glad I purchased this! It feels so nice, non greasy which is what I need since I am extremely oily. I live in Florida which makes it worse, but this helps and is very light weight. I am also acne prone & has not broken me out & been using this for 4 months.This is my HG product & defiantly be repurchasing. Try it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2013 10:21:00 PM More reviews by JulesRiv

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a great moisturizer for all skin types, especially combination. I purchased this based on the reviews that it was similar to Clinique's moisture surge, and it really is! This is literally like just putting water on your face, it doesn't leave that lotion-y feel behind yet it is very moisturizing! It's very refreshing on contact and loaded with antioxidants, I would definitely purchase again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2013 12:44:00 AM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Garnier calls their Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel Cream a "light, oil free gel cream that penetrates deeply into skins upper layers so that skin looks and feels soft and smooth." This moisturizer is dermatologist tested, oil free, non greasy, no comedogenic and allergy tested. Garnier's Gel Cream contains grape water extract which "defends skin from external aggressors." There are two Moisture Rescue Gel Cream formulas, one for dry skin and one for normal to combo skin; I'll be reviewing the latter. This moisturizer contains 1.7 oz (50g) and retails for around $7. I bought my jar at Ulta for $4.45 with a coupon. Unfortunately, Garnier products are tested on animals. Garnier does not list where this product was made.
Garnier's Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel Cream comes in a green and white cardboard box. The box offers plenty of product information, a full ingredient list, and information about some ingredients. The product it's self comes in a clear plastic jar topped with a white cap. A label wraps around the jar, offering the product name, Garnier logo, and directions. I don't really like moisturizers in jars, yinz know me and my squeeze tube. I feel like I use up products in jars much faster.
I've previously really enjoyed gel moisturizers, so when I spotted a coupon for this product I got a little excited. Garnier's Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel Cream is a thin, extremely lightweight green gel. This moisturizer is effortless to apply...not that any moisturizer is difficult to apply, its just that Garnier's gel feels like you're putting water on your skin. This stuff glides on and sinks right in - no stickiness, residue, or greasy feeling. In fact it doesn't feel like I've applied moisturizer at all. You know how sometimes with traditional creamy moisturizers it feels like you've put a bit too much moisture into your skin? That never happens with Garnier's Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel Cream, it imparts just the right amount of moisture my skin needs, no more, no less. This product makes my skin feel really balanced, not moisturized. While I don't have any reaction to this product on my face, I find it irritating to my eye area, so be cautious. This moisturizer has the standard Garnier scent.
Garnier's Moisture Rescue Gel is great for the summer, when I don't need much moisture. Those with normal to oily skin will probably fall in love with this super lightweight gel moisturizer. Garnier's Gel Cream is really refreshing, as promised. I like this moisturizer, but I doubt I'll repurchase it, at least not until next summer. I just don't think it'll provide enough hydration during the rest of the year. I feel like I blew through this moisturizer, I have a quarter of a jar left after only a month. If you're on the market for an affordable gel moisturizer for normal to oily skin, check out Garnier's Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel Cream.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2013 1:52:00 PM More reviews by SashaMarieable

Moisture rescue is an extremely accurate name for this product. I've always had trouble with dry skin, because I use a lot of acne products which tend to be drying. The acne creams would help my acne, but dry my skin and when I would try to re-moisturize, the oily moisturizers would create more acne. I even tried the clean and clear brand medicated moisturizers, but nothing worked. But this stuff feels seriously good on your face and works like a miracle. It smells nice, has a smooth texture, and works really really well under makeup, but best of all, no oil, no acne. It lasts for an entire day, and actually seems to smooth my complexion under my makeup for a more flawless appearance. It soaks in almost immediately for a cool, fresh feel. LOVE this. The only problem I had was that it comes in a bulky glass jar, which is really unnecessary. It would be much better in a pump or tube.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2013 4:30:00 AM More reviews by veelui

i like this product when i first started using night cream. but because of unavoidable sun exposure, i switched to one that can help reduce spots and moisturize better

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2013 5:43:00 PM More reviews by Emm16

Picked this up for $7 at Walmart. Pretty good price I thought. It's a light tell moisturizer and feels great on the skin. Used it after a day in the sun and it cooled and refreshed my skin. Would I repurchase? Yes!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2013 3:24:00 PM More reviews by aliskey62389

I use to buy this moisturizer years ago when it first came out and I don't know why I ever switched. It is made without mineral oil and other oils and is such a cooling light moisturizer good for sensitive and acne-prone skin. During the winter, it might not be quite heavy enough to protect your skin depending on your environment but for most of the year it's great and doesn't cause breakouts for me.

I only wish that it was in a pump or squeeze tube rather than an open vat.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2013 1:36:00 AM More reviews by enabata

Really liked this as a day moisturizer, especially in the summer time. Just as it says I found it felt very refreshing and light on the skin.

Sinks in almost immediately, and doesn't leave a film or residue. I have an oiler skin type, with a tendency to become shiny especially in the t-zone area, I found this helped reduce shininess and greasiness.

Hasn't caused any irritation or breakouts for me and I've repurchased this twice in the last 6 months. Might avoid this if you have a drier skin type as it is quite light. I feel one of the downsides is that it doesn't have any SPF protection.