OPI Lucerne-tainly Look Marvelous

4.6

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I am becoming such a big fan of the new gunmetal and slate color trend. I like this much more than chanel's black pearl and dior's gris city collection. The glitter doesn't stand out in a tacky way and at the same time keeps the color from looking better. It is similar to my balenciaga bag in antracite in terms of color.

on 3/13/2011 12:27:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Love this polish, it applies perfectly and after 3 coats looks just like the bottle color. I don't wear dark colors very often, but I love the glitter in this one. I wouldn't repurchase only because I get bored easily with a polish.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Got this for Christmas. Loved the color in the bottle, but I was a little disappointed by how it applied. It takes maybe 1 or 2 extra coats to get a really even looking application. The glitter finish sort of caused some streakiness. Good color pay off though.

on 12/29/2010 1:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

LOVE this! great color, and it doesn't chip for some reason!

on 12/22/2010 8:23:00 PM

I loved this color but it just didn't look good on me (which is why I said I wouldn't buy it again)! Application is typical OPI - smooth and even. Takes a little longer to dry than other polishes but maybe it has something to do with this particular shade. It's a very pretty gunmetal gray, with glitter throughout, but it's not a glitter polish. The glitter really only shows up in the sun! I had no issues with chipping, it lasted a fairly long time for me.

on 12/19/2010 11:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Oh my goodness, this color is absolutely amazing. It doesn't dry all that quickly, but the finished look is smooth and gun-metal glittery. It is fabulous. I put a coat of silver or other dark color underneath this nail polish. Otherwise, as others have said, it takes 2-3 coats to get a solid, opaque nail of color. But with a dark color as a kind of "priming" color underneath, it only takes me one coat of "Lucerne-tainly Look Marvelous." I haven't had the chipping problem others have noted, but I make sure each layer dries completely, and I don't lay it on too thickly. If it doesn't dry properly, it can cause the polish to be gummy or peel off in one large piece. Anyway, I will definitely be repurchasing. I should actually go look at buying a couple backups right now . . . ^_^

on 12/14/2010 4:10:00 AM

I really like this color on my nails and the glittery effect. It took me 3 coats to achieve a even tone. Unfortunately, it chipped the next day while i was holidaying in Seoul.

on 12/7/2010 6:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I love this color! I've never seen one like it, it's wonderful. It's full of glitter but the formula is very good, it's not goopy like some some glitter polishes can be. It looked nice after one coat, but after two it's stunning. I've gotten so many compliments on this color.
Unfortunately it chipped after about a day for me, even with Orly Bonder base coat and Seche Vite top coat. It's such a nice color but the chipping is kind of pathetic imo.

on 11/28/2010 12:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I don't usually wear glitters or shimmers on my fingernails, but I had this applied during a mani for something different since I had a fun special occasion coming up. I wasn't expecting to love it as much as I do! I love greys for fall/winter as it is, and the shimmery glitter in this adds some funkiness to a chic colour. It's great for parties and nights-out.

There is a very subtle green sheen to this in certain light which I don't really like but it's not very common or noticeable in most lighting. It is very much a shimmery/glittery gun metal grey. It wasn't a pain in the ass to remove either so it's not 100% a glitter polish. All the beauty of glitter with none of the pain! It also lasted a very long time with extremely minimal tip wear. My sister and I usually share our nail polishes and don't buy the same one each, but I love this shade so much that I bought my own. I can't risk someone else having it when I'm craving to wear it! This will no doubt be making an appearance during holiday parties this year. Absolutely gorgeous! Would definitely buy again - I truly think this is one of my top 10 polishes: if I could only have/keep 10 shades, this would be one of them!

on 11/22/2010 7:13:00 PM

Im applying it now, lol. It goes on wonderfully, better than any polish ever!!
It dries fast, I even hit my finger on a hard object and it didn't chip....
i would buy again.
i am beginning to ditch my drugstore polishes and just buy opi.....so worth it.

Top Rated OPI Products