September 17, 2014 | 1986 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Aveeno - oatmeal lotion

rated 2 of 5 on 6/12/2006 3:21:00 AM More reviews by shastax

I really cannot recommend Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion with collodial oatmeal for any regular use, even if you have sensitive skin like I do. While a fragrance-free lotion without lanolin or dyes is always appreciated, this lotion is far too emolient--I'm not sure there is a greasier-feeling lotion on the market. Especially if you live in a hot or humid climate, this is definitely not for wearing during the daytime. Even at night, I also found the lotion very uncomfortable, making me stick to my sheets even when applying the thinnest of layers. And yes, the natural smell isn't great, as others have said. The only situations in which I find this both effective and tolerable is in the winter, when I've developed a rash (such as ones caused by harsh detergents, perfumes, or dyes) or have some kind of itching condition (whether caused by insect bites or plants such as poison ivy).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2006 10:48:00 PM More reviews by djsaphira

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Good, but can get sticky after awhile. I wish the Petroleum content was lower on the list of ingredients too. UPDATE 04/05/06: I use Olay's dry skin lotion now. Much better product for my dry skin,and leaves no residue like Aveeno does.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2006 6:11:00 PM More reviews by SUPER_GiRL

this is a very good lotion. i used to have this skin disease, i forgot what it was called it started with an e. but after using this my skin got repaired and better, i do not have the disease anymore thanks to this.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2006 3:45:00 PM More reviews by hhgtrillian

Love this lotion for my body! I have tried others since first purchasing this several years ago, but they usually get used once before I decide they don't work as well as the Aveeno. The scent isn't too perfumey like many lotions and while some people say it smells mediceny, I don't really see it. It's not floral or fancy smelling, but it works.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2005 8:26:00 AM More reviews by pinkorchid98

This is such a great creme for the hands. I cant believe I discovered a drug-store item that I would love so much. I'm hooked. The quality is much better than BBW's hand cremes and for a much less price. Definitely a new staple of mine!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2005 7:13:00 AM More reviews by go_onyagoodthing

I tried the lavender scented aveeno body cream that comes in a bottle which is the same shape as the St Ives apricot scrub bottle. I love this cream! Usually Im too lazy to put body cream on as it takes ages to sink in so I just don't bother. This lotion sinks in very quickly, within one minute & leaves my skin really, really soft. It was still soft all the next day after putting it on the night before. The packaging is handy as you just squeeze out the amount you want. The only bad thing about it is the scent, which isnt lavendery at all & is kinda like swwet talcum powder or something. Im not crazy about the smell but it ticks all my other boxes. The price is ok too at 4.99 euro in Ireland for 200 ml. Definitely give this a try if you're not impressed by most other body lotions taking ages to dry!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2005 12:13:00 PM More reviews by portman57

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The only lotion I use in the winter for my hands. Have not found another lotion that can compare with this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2005 2:06:00 PM More reviews by shebusy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is an excellent lotion for those who battle eczema like I have. Other "eczema" lotions and potions would just make it worse. Not this. It's about the only lotion I'll ever use. (sometimes baby magic is okay) I'm afraid to try anything else. I encourage you when other lotions have failed, please give this a try. Also if you don't want to pay for the name, I've found the equate brand to be equally effective at half the price. It's great for kids too!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/2/2005 12:42:00 PM More reviews by joieo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

While it was very moisturizing I couldn't stand the scent of this one. I tried it on Mom's recommendation that oatmeal was cooling to sun burns, I guess she meant Oatmeal baths!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2005 9:23:00 PM More reviews by makeupqueen26

This was a very good lotion. Very soothing to my skin.