October 21, 2014 | 1237 users online

Hair Treatments - Garnier - Blow Dry Perfector

rated 1 of 5 on 5/15/2011 1:58:00 PM More reviews by dac68

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Terrible product. I did it 5 weeks ago and my hair is still gummy and breaking off!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2011 10:57:00 AM More reviews by mLov4bl3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First off, we all have to remember that not all products will work the same for everyone! We are called individuals for a reason.
I tried this product and the only thing I do not like about it is, the odor. Other than that, it did leave my hair sleek and shiny. Even after 7 weeks of using the product, my hair was still sleek and shiny... I have curly dry hair to begin with. The only thing that messed up my hair when using this product was... I used the left over that I had saved from the first time I used it and it fried my hair... Lol never again! Other than that, I will use this product again! Not as often as they say because I noticed that it did last me a long time, but I will use this product again and would recommend it to friends.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/10/2011 3:44:00 PM More reviews by blushfreak

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

i had hair past my shoulders.. average and after this, i had to cut it into a pixie hair cut because half of my hair became gummy.. and fell. i went from long pretty hair to short almost bald hair cut in 40 min of trying it because there was no fixing it.

please stay away

and if i could do this review with 0's or under i would. it completely destroyed my hair

rated 1 of 5 on 5/3/2011 7:38:00 PM More reviews by Ayashii

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This stuff STINKS. It is beyond awful, especially when you need to leave it on your hair for any period of time. I mean I've coloured my hair for almost 5 years and that is nothing compared to this. It smells like rotting eggs. When I finally rinsed it off, the smell still somewhat lingered, even when I put the cream on. The cream actually smelled decent, like a tropical island, but it felt very thick and when I dried my hair left a residue. Overall, not impressed. It might have tamed my frizz a little? Maybe? Still took me the same time to blowdry and flat iron. I didn't notice any shine either. My boyfriend even commented the next day that my hair smelled like eggs. Not something a girl ever wants to hear. Would NOT buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/3/2011 4:45:00 PM More reviews by laurasue1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product FRIED my hair. It was healthy prior to using it and now I look like I have a head of straw. I do color my hair, but it was in very good shape. I sould have known better because it smells like a perm. The package stated not to worry about the smell, it just means the ingredients are active or something like that. DO not use this if you have color treated hair!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2011 1:58:00 PM More reviews by mella1

I used this product in hopes having straight manageable hair, and I got what I wanted. I have fine blonde hair, which is unevenly wavy and prone to the frizzies. I blow dry and flat iron my hair almost daily, and wanted to try this product in hopes of maintaining the straight hair for the day after blowdrying and flat ironing. Before I would have to blow dry as straight as possible and follow with the flat iron, and just hope that the style would last all day which it never did. Now I can skip the blow dryer if I want to, let it air dry which leaves my hair slightly wavy but more even waves than before. If I flet it air dry and then flat iron I am left with the straight hair I have always wanted in just a few minutes, instead of taking 20+ minutes as it did before this treatment. I used this product over 2 weeks ago and it is still working, maybe because my is so fine? Also, I have not had any breakage or damage. My hair has always been dry, so it did change the texture of my hair a bit, making it more coarse, but this actually makes it easier for me to style my hair. Anyway I just wanted to comment on this product because I have seen so many bad reviews, and just wanted to tell about my positive experience with this product. I also did not have a lingering problem with the smell, it does smell like a perm on the initial application, but for me that smell quickly disappeared.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/20/2011 1:00:00 PM More reviews by haleyd92

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product ruined my hair. Before I used this product, I had very pretty curls. Now my hair is barely even wavy. I used this product almost 2 months ago and the damage is still there. Plus, when I first used it, my hair smelled horrible and was very brittle. The box indicates that after 7 shampoos your hair will go back to normal. Well, my hair never did. I wash it almost everyday trying to get my hair back to normal. But, nothing works. I would definitely not recommend this product. I would suggest just using a flat iron. Because honestly, a flat iron does less damage on my hair than this stuff.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 4/12/2011 10:36:00 PM More reviews by sugarshweeet

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I AM IN TEARS FOR TWO WEEKS ALREADY!!! MY HAIR STINKS LIKE FOUL ROTTEN STINK BOMBS. PEOPLE ASK ME IF I HAVE GAS PROBLEMS OR STOMACH ISSUES. I WORK AND AM SO EMBARASSED I GO TO WORK WEARING A HAT. WHEN I BLOW DRYED MY HAIR IT FELT LIKE THERE WAS GLUE IN IT,I HAD TO PULL EACH STRAND AND IT TOOK ME 1 1/2 HOURS TO BLOW DRY IT AND 1/2 HOUR TO IRON IT! MY HAIR LOOKED LIKE SH*T AFTER ALL THE TIME I WASTED!! I HAD BEAUTIFUL AUBURN HAIR AND NOW ITS THE COLOR OF BEECHNUT CARROT BABY FOOD.. THE MOMENT MY HAIR GETS WET IS STARTS STINKING AS IF 20 PEOPLE WERE FARTING CONTINUOUSLY IN A CLOSED ROOM. I TRIED SHAMPOOS THAT SMELL LIKE FRUITS,FLOWERS AND PERFUME AND NOTHING GETS THE ROTTEN EGG STINK OUT. I USED MANE N TAIL (THATS USED FOR HORSES) DIDNT HELP. I AVOIDED WASHING MY HAIR FOR TEN DAYS AND THE STENCH GETS WORSE. TONIGHT I WASHED IT WITH A HEAVILY PERFUMED SHAMPOO AND CONDITIONER AND USED MANE N TAIL AND STILL NO SUCCESS. OUT OF DESPERATION I DOUSED MY HEAD WITH N HALF A BOTTLE OF VINEGAR, AND NOW I SMELL LIKE A ROTTEN EGG SALAD. I USED THE OTHER HALF BOTTLE OF VINEGAR BY COMBING IT THROUGH MY HAIR AND COVERED MY HAIR WITH A TERRY TURBAN SO IT SHOULD ABSORB. MY SKIN IS BURNING FROM THE VINEGAR AND FROM MY TEARS. MY HAIR IS ALSO FALLING OUT IN CLUMPS...ITS BURNT,LOOKS LIKE THE EDGES OF A STRAW BROOM. I THINK MY ONLY SOLUTION IS TO SHAVE IT ALL OFF.A LA BRITNEY SPEARS...SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME BEFORE I LOSE MY SANITY AND MY JOB!! THIS PRODUCT SHOULD BE BANNED FROM ALL STORES AND DISCONTINUED!! HELPPPPPP IF THERE IS A CLASS ACTION SUIT PLEASE COUNT ME IN!!! MY HAIR LOOKS LIKE ITS ON SPEED OR CRACK...ALL OF US LETS SUE THEM...I CANT TAKE IT...IM SOBBING ALL NIGHT!! I AM CONVINCED THE POSITIVE REVIEWS ARE FROM INSIDERS AND EMPLOYEES AND TO FOOL PEOPLE LIKE THAT IS A CRIME!!! I UNDERSTAND THEY WANT TO MAKE MONEY BUT NOT ON INNOCENT PEOPLES EXPENSE...HAIR GROWS BACK,BUT IF IT GETS EFFED UP..NO MONEY IN THE WORLD CAN REPAIR IT!!.

UPDATE: ITS BEEN OVER AN HOUR WITH VINEGAR IN MY HAIR,I FINALLY WASHED IT OUT. THE AWFUL STENCH GOT REDUCED BY 50% TOMORROW I WILL WASH MY HAIR IN TOMATO JUICE BECAUSE IF IT IS SUPPOSED TO HELP IF YOU GET SPRAYED BY A SKUNK..IM HOPING IT WILL HELP WITH MY CRISIS.I STARTED BLOW DRYING MY HAIR AND IT LOOKS WORSE THAN BEFORE. A DOLL HAS BETTER HAIR. I COULD GO ON ALL NIGHT AND WARN WHOEVER IS READING THIS,BUT IF YOU INSIST ON MAKING UR LIFE A LIVING HELL AND THOSE AROUND YOU MISERABLE THEN HAVE A BLAST!! PROTECT UR SCALP AND UR SANITY!! I WISH I WOULDVE KNOWN WHAT I KNOW NOW...ITS A LITTLE TOO LATE!

UPDATE: APRIL 17,2011
SPOKE TO THE COMPANY AND TOLD THEM MY WHOLE ORDEAL. SUPERVISOR CALLED ME BACK AND WAS SHOCKED TO HEAR THE WHOLE STORY. SHE COULDNT BELIEVE MY HAIR REEKS OF ROTTEN EGGS. SHE OFFERED ME COMPENSATION BY SENDING ME A REFUND. WHAT A HOAX!! I OFFERED TO SEND IN PICS OF MY HAIR AND SHE IS SENDING ME A PREPAID ENVELOPE (PROBABLY TO HAVE A GOOD LAUGH AT MY EXPENSE)
ITS 2 1/2 WEEKS AND MY HEAD STILL REEKS OF ROTTEN EGGS. I SHAMPOOED MY HAIR ABOUT 7 TIMES SINCE I ORIGINALLY POSTED THIS REVIEW. TONIGHT I SHAMPOOED MY HAIR WITH 5 DIFFERENT SHAMPOOS AND MY HEAD STILL REEKS. IM GOING OUTTA MY MIND!! IF ANYONE KNOWS A SOLUTION TO MY PROBLEM PLEASE HELP ME...I NEED TO GET RID OF THE SMELL URGENTLY...NOTHING WORKS!!!

18 out of 27 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/6/2011 2:16:00 PM More reviews by ceeceedrew

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have straightish hair that tends to get frizzled when it isn't completely bone dry. it is fine, but there is a lot of it, so it takes a long time to dry my hair.

I bought this to complement the feeling that a deposit color gives to my hair. Sleek with shine and manageability.

Anyone who wants to use this must understand: It is a three step process, if you don't use the smoothing cream (neutralizer) the first step will continue to process on your hair. You can't use step one only and expect it to do what it says it will do. This is something akin to the perms from the 80s... and yes, it smells that bad. If you don't appropriately use the second step, you will fry your hair.

Also, it says on the box to focus on the middle and ends of your hair and not to put it into your scalp.

So after drenching the hair with step two to neutralize the process, the third and final step: I dried and dried and dried my hair, as well as flat ironed it very carefully and completely. The longer I dried the better the effect. You must dry your hair completely bone dry. (I never do this usually.)

That all being said, it smells terrible. (2 star deduction-terrible) If it worked for longer than say, three weeks, or 21 shampoos, I may tolerate the smell, but it was awful.

The affect on my hair was amazing. Sleek and soft. It took a little less time to dry, since it was already kind of sleekish, but it didn't really save the amount of time to 'get dry' it was just nicer afterward. My husband even noticed the difference.

The smell seemed to come back whenever my hair was wet for a few days after that. It wasn't too noticeable, but it was there... just like the perms...

Since I used this stuff, I started using 3 day straight as an ongoing product, and I love it, and it doesn't stink, so there isn't any reason for me to use this again, although If I was planning a vacation, I might just to make it easier to do my hair.

It did slightly lighten my haircolor. (which is a semipermanent, color at home stuff) It wasn't a big deal, but my grays were a little more noticable. With the increased shine, it wasn't too easy to see them anyway.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2011 11:11:00 PM More reviews by cjenn

This actually has a permanent solution like ingredient in it that is supposed to temporarily relax the hair for up to "seven shampoos." I have to say that this really does a good job at leaving my hair full, shiney, and bouncier. Works better than the Brazilian Keratin hair treatment by Organix but not as well as the much pricier Phyto Index natural relaxing system (the best at-home and super gentle, amonia free product money can buy). I would repurchase, as I love how this keeps my slightly frizz prone hair nice and smooth. Hmmm sorry to see the mostly neg. reviews.

UPDATE: Garnier has come out with a much better and less smelly new version with only 1 part. It's a creme like consistency and you apply to wet hair and then comb thru thoroughly, then blow dry. Not sure why they reformulated this, but it is much better than the two-part system that I previously reviewed. I'd give this a higher than five lippie rating, but I'm limited. Maybe the new formula will attract some more pos. reviews.