April 18, 2014 | 1676 users online

Mascara - Chanel - Inimitable Intense Mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2013 1:47:00 PM More reviews by LoriSZN

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been searching for a good mascara that would add some volume & length and not flake and this is the best one I have found. I hate paying this much for a mascara but this one is worth the price.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2012 9:21:00 PM More reviews by Magdalena

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Despite its plastic spiky brush -- with a nice tapered tip -- it didn't really separate my lashes better than the regular wands. I found the formula goopy, clumpy, and after it's dried, unusually flaky. Not worth the price -- and mine was a free, fresh, sealed-pouch-sample.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2012 5:51:00 PM More reviews by sdellinger

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I finally broke down and joined the cult on this product. I used inimitable when it first launched years ago but was always looking for the latest and greatest.

EVERYTHING, and I mean EVERYTHING flakes on me. Waterproof, etc always ends up under my eyes. This mascara does not budge (after using two weeks). The pigment is a nice rich black and the color doesn't fade throughout the day like with diorshow. The brush gives a nice fringe, I prefer pretty dramatic lashes so wish I could get a LITTLE more from it, but for 99 percent of the time it's perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2012 9:37:00 AM More reviews by Jadeke

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

My favourite mascara. I have long lashes, and with this mascara it looks like I'm wearing fake eye lashes. It's a bit pricy, and it's not waterproof, but I've never had an accident when I walked in the rain.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2012 2:44:00 PM More reviews by kragey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I think this mascara is very, very gorgeous, and it does some AMAZING things for my lashes, but it has a really big downside that makes it unusable for me in the long run. I received a few samples of this product from very lovely MUAers, and I didn't have very high hopes for it, as I usually don't care for thin, rubberized mascara wands. I was super-impressed with the initial results, however; the product applied beautifully to my lashes without tugging any out. It provided great length and thickness, and although it's not the blackest mascara I've ever used, it's certainly not that ashy grey color some mascaras are. I don't have a problem with the curl in my lashes, but I will note that this really "tightened" the curl, so I never felt the need to curl my lashes beforehand. It CAN be a bit clumpy/dry, so I often brushed through it after applying to keep my lashes from looking spidery. Unfortunately, what kills this mascara is that it flakes sometimes, and they're not harmless dust-y flakes. These are the big, sharp flakes that get in your eye and make them sting horribly. I had this happen to me several times, including one time when I was right in the middle of work and couldn't get away to flush the flake out of my eye for almost an hour. It was AWFUL! It's such a shame, because this is otherwise a wonderful mascara, but considering it's an expensive product that flakes and needs a bit of work to de-clump, I think I'll stick with my Prestige My Biggest Lashes for now.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 10/27/2012 3:03:00 AM More reviews by hellokittybrock

I am not sure if I am not liking this product bcos it is a sample. The formula should be the same. Not sure if the brush head really differs from the full size but I cant understand the logic behind this mascara. No volume no length. Super watery. The only thing nice about it is it doesnt smudge as quickly as my clinique. It is a sample and i am gonna toss it away. Keeping it till now to write a review.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2012 2:54:00 AM More reviews by tracy021

I've tried alot of mascaras over the years, and usually would fall back on great lash, but I have finally found the HG of mascaras and it's worth every penny. Makes my lashes more defined and longer, doesn't smear or flake, and removes easily at the end of the day. It really makes my eyes pop without looking overdone.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2012 11:28:00 AM More reviews by RoseMosco

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My lashes are of a medium length and I look for mascara that can separate, lengthen, curl and style my lashes. The Chanel Inimitable Intense Mascara is a lovely and luxurious product that works for the minimal application I apply to my outer lashes.

The formula is lengthening, volumizing and curling and it lives up to its word although I do recommend using a lash curler before applying to product. This mascara lasts all day and adheres to the lashes well, but by the end of the day I do notice that some of the mascara has flaked off my lower lashes so I would not recommend this to anyone who wears heavy mascara on their lower lashes.

The wand is wonderful, I can feel it separate my lashes while distributing the ideal amount of mascara.

Overall I enjoy the mascara.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/29/2012 2:12:00 PM More reviews by Marrrjjjii

This mascara is my favourite, the brush is not too thick so it reaches all lashes and has good coverage. I have noticed that it enlongates the lashes and also makes them more thicker, so basic job of the mascara is done. However it takes it's time to dry and sometimes ends up leaving black marks under my eyes if my lashes touch there! This is annoying however I love the natural effect of the mascara so probably will buy it again!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2012 5:40:00 PM More reviews by sxs

This makes my lashes suuuuper long. It's not especially volumizing, but more so than Benefit's They're Real. On my tiny Asian lashes, though, every itsy bit helps. It's not the most natural looking lash, but given that my natural lashes are invisible, that's ok.