September 17, 2014 | 2152 users online

Treatments (Face) - Cure - Natural Aqua Gel

rated 3 of 5 on 2/7/2013 7:21:00 PM More reviews by nanamoo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had a somewhat bizarre experience with this product.
Like one of the reviewers below, I purchased a few samples of this product (this was probably 2 months ago or so), and I really liked it. But then I got the full-sized version and did not like it as much. I feel like there was definitely a difference in consistency---my full-sized version was much more watery, making it slightly difficult to apply, took longer to dry, etc. It also had a whitish tinge on application, not clear. I also felt like it did not exfoliate as thoroughly as the samples (I guess this is subjective...).
I suppose it's possible that I purchased a fake (from Amazon, no less; it did look legitimate); I wasn't aware that there even were fakes for this product on the market...
If you're curious about the product, I strongly suggest obtaining samples first. You can order a couple packets for a few dollars on Ebay, although I think there are websites where you can get them for free.

Anyway, in terms of efficacy, I thought this product was a decent exfoliator. But I also use chemical exfoliation in conjunction with this. I haven't really noticed any difference in my skin when I use this consistently vs when I don't. Although it does have a slight, temporary brightening effect (many exfoliators I've used do).
It's quite gentle; in fact, I use it every other day. Unlike a few other products I've used in the past, it does not make my face red or irritated at all. Then again, I do not have sensitive or dry skin, so I feel like I can withstand a harsher exfoliator; in fact, I'd prefer something a little harsher for that satisfying clean feeling (I'm satisfied with the one I'm using now, MUAC's micro-polish cream).

I didn't have any adverse reactions to this product, but I don't think I'll repurchase, just because I wasn't terribly impressed and I've used other products that are more suitable for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2013 6:48:00 AM More reviews by Joellehearts

So I don't know what to think of this product. I first bought the little packet samples on ebay and LOVED it. I went and repurchased the full size and didn't see where it even exfoliated. I don't know maybe I didn't follow the directions to a t which is a make or break with this product. I still have the full bottle I'll have to try it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2013 10:43:00 AM More reviews by serena8

Amazingly novel product that works well without all the strong chemicals or "sandpaper like" particles in other exfoliating products. Results in immediately improved skin texture. Redness goes away overnight. Works on my acne-prone skin. I use it 1-2x weekly. I followup with a mask to really clean out all the clogged pores. No burning, stinging, etc. you get with those peeling masks. I'm using Benzaclin acne treatment gel afterwards and results are better used in combination. I plan to repurchase for as long as they make it. Use in on damp skin, rub it in and you'll see "rolls" of your dead skin come off, then rinse.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2013 10:29:00 AM More reviews by Rylko

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is probably the only "exfoliator" I would use! It doesn't have tiny beads in it that hurt your face and is pretty gentle if you use the right amount. I don't use this frequently, probably once a week or fortnight depending on how my skin feels. It has not broken me out and really keeps my skin feeling smooth. I avoid using this around my chin area though as I suffer from persistent hormonal acne there. I am a little afraid it might strip off too much oil at that area. But sometimes when my skin gets slightly better at the chin, I do use it to strip away the dead skin. It is expensive but it lasts a long time!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2013 9:40:00 PM More reviews by iamlizlemon

I will admit, this product is really fantastic but it's so expensive that I'd rather just buy a similar product that's much cheaper and readily available (Frutique Papaya Exfoliating Gel $13 USD at Sallys Beauty -- I have a detailed review under that product listing if you search for it). This works very well at exfoliating the face without harsh irritating beads. It also has fairly natural ingredients and a simple ingredients list which is helpful for those with sensitive skin. The single major caveat is that it is crazy expensive. The Frutique product works exactly the same way except that it has significantly more ingredients and is probably less "natural". If you don't mind the smell of the Frutique and the extra ingredients, I would use that since it's so much less expensive.
FRUTIQUE

CONS: Smells bad when using (don't worry, it doesn't last once washed off). Little bits are difficult to remove (use a very warm washcloth or apply right before showering and place face under hot shower water).
PROS: Very inexpensive and readily available at Sallys Beauty Supply or amazon. Very nice large bottle with locking pump.
CURE AQUA GEL

CONS: Crazy expensive. Hard to find and can only purchase online
PROS: Very simple ingredients and seems more "natural." Unscented.
-----------------------
This product legitimately works great but I believe that the dupe has the same results and is significantly cheaper and easier to find. In my opinion, this product is not worth the added price.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2013 10:44:00 AM More reviews by Videotapeses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I have dry and very sensitive skin. This product removes any peeling skin I have, doesn't irritate my skin at all, and leaves my skin feeling smooth and hydrated. My pores between my nose and cheek area appear smaller, and my black heads are less noticeable for a couple days after using the product. I am okay with the price, because I normally use Ole Hendrikson Lemon Flash Peel, and it retails for $50.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2012 6:17:00 PM More reviews by bascoeur

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff is quality. It exfoliates like a champ, it leaves my face feeling smooth, moisturized, and fresh. No irritation, no harsh ingredients, no redness, nothing. Just clean and happy skin. Packaging is okay, looks and feels a bit flimsy, but I like the pump and the clear casing.

However, I'm withholding HG status for now, simply because I haven't sampled anything else like it yet. This stuff is rather pricey, and I think it's wise to keep an eye out for similar alternatives.

In the end, the fact that I am willing to repurchase this does say a lot. I wouldn't shell out 32 for a face-care product unless it did its job exceptionally well.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2012 9:27:00 PM More reviews by serenityx3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely LOVE this product. I did tons of research for weeks before I even bought it because like others I was completely baffled by this product, visibly remove dead skin cells? Unbelievable right?!
So I decided to buy it and actually got it for a pretty good price(USD36). The instructions said to apply to the face and let it rest for 1 minute for clear results but the very moment I started to spread it over my face, I could feel the dead skin cells clumping together.
This exfoliator is incredible because my skin is very sensitive, oily and acne-prone and it has never caused any redness, rash, or breakouts on my face.
My routine with Cute Aqua Gel once per week:
1. Shower 2. Cute Aqua gel 3. Facial Sauna 4. Mask
5. Toner 6. Serum 7. Moisturizer
Try it and you will never regret it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2012 9:26:00 PM More reviews by Nirvarna0

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

So, I've actually never bought this. I keep getting free samples from Beauty Carousal :$ BUT I will definitely buy it when I am not broke.

So, I have dry skin from using a prescription strength retinoid. I also have sensitive skin. There are a lot of reviews on here saying not to use it if you use a retinoid but I have never had a problem with it, even when I use it three times a week.

The first time I used this I was absolutely blown away. A ton of little rolly white skin balls came off my face. Skin felt like a hard layer had been removed with baby soft skin underneath. My retinoid penetrates better when I use this and same with my moisturizer. So here's how I know this stuff is for real. I went to my mom's house after using it because I was so excited for her to try it. She does not have ANY dry skin, as her skin is darker and oilier than mine. It literally made no little white balls on her face. I couldn't believe it. She's all, "uhh..thanks?"

SOO if you don't have dry skin or it's summer or whatever, you might not see any flakey balls when using this. I however see A TON and I can feel an immediate difference.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2012 9:06:00 PM More reviews by sexysxd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Just bought this yesterday at Watsons for SGD$40+. The price is quite steep for me. BUT! After my first application last night, I AM VERY IMPRESSED! After my usual facial cleansing, dried my face with a towel and applied this on my face. Results? My face feels so smooth and squeaky clean! It doesn't feel tight. My skin felt extra smooth than other days. I didn't need to apply too much of this liquid, just 1 pump is sufficient. Which means, a bottle of this can last me for at least 2 months! Worth my $$$

Will definitely repurchase this!