November 26, 2014 | 1754 users online

Treatments (Face) - Cure - Natural Aqua Gel

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2013 1:02:00 PM More reviews by miodd

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have dry/dehydrated, acne prone skin; so finding something that would be gentle and not dry me out or aggravate my skin and yet still exfoliate was hard to find.
This product is pretty pricey, but as it does all of the above, works as advertised and I don't have to use it frequently, it is totally worth the price!

I can't add much to other reviews as to how I use this product, but I would note that this product will act differently depending on how often you use it and your skins' own timing for cell turnover. I'm starting to be able to tell when my face feels like it could use a peel, otherwise used too often (and I don't mean like everyday, sometimes even once a week is too much.) this product won't act as advertised. (For example, if you think it isn't working, try a place you have never used the Gel on before. I've used this on the back of my hands and on my feet in winter to remove the dry skin that builds during snow season. Likely you will find that the Gel is working, simply the place you are trying to get to "peel" just doesn't need it yet.)

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2013 12:05:00 PM More reviews by 247swimchick9

I bought this online, due to the great reviews on this site and on youtube. At first i was a little skeptical about the actual effectiveness of exfoliation, but it actually works. I used acne treatment that dried my skin, and left my skin flaky. I put this on, left it on for about thirty seconds, and started to rub in circular motions, you don't need to apply pressure. It did an excellent job of taking off dead skin, and all the flaky skin was gone. I gave this product four lipppies because I felt this product was pretty pricey, i bought it on amazon for about $30 (if i remember correctly) and though it did take off flaky dry skin, it also made my skin a little dry, which I am fine with as long as you have a face lotion at your side. It's one of those squeaky clean feel wash, so if you like that- youll love this! I like this product a lot, but once I run out, i'll try to find a cheaper alternative, and just explore different products, but this is an awesome exfoliation that doesn't strip the skin like a scrub might do, but gives you the same results.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2013 4:49:00 AM More reviews by MichikoFliz

This really works to leave my skin feeling smooth and soft. Like the reviewer below, I also rubbed it in too hard the first time I used it and it left me with sore dry patches!

So very gently rub this onto your skin after you apply it all over your face (and neck!). I use two pumps or else I find it gets too dry.

I give it a 4 because it is very runny once it comes into contact with your skin and drips down my arms. Also it is quite pricey for something that is 90% water!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2013 11:15:00 AM More reviews by fdl56

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I'm using the samples now and haven't actually purchased the full-sized bottle. My word of advice is not to rub the gel against your face too hard!! I did that once and had painful patches on my face. Ouch :( Skin feels better and smoother when I do it correctly, like it absorbs whatever products I use better!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2013 1:53:00 AM More reviews by puredew

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is brilliant!!!! Please buy it. This is a product (apparently best-selling) in Japan. Rather than an "exfoliant" it's more like a peel but it is soooooooo gentle with no beads in the serum (but don't use it every day. I use it only 2 times a week). You only need one pump, so for the high price that you have to spend online if you don't live in Japan is totally worth it. I have super-sensitive skin and this works.

What it does is that you take the pump and spread it over your face (or in areas you need to have some peeling done). I wait for a few seconds and GENTLY start moving my fingertips across my face. Those tiny beads are your dead skin cells!! It doesn't thin your skin, makes your face glow and makes your skin become super-absorbent for the lotion/cream/serum/whatever that you will apply later. I think it made my pores smaller (and even my face a bit smaller--- I think it's just my skin glow talking).

rated 3 of 5 on 2/7/2013 7:21:00 PM More reviews by nanamoo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had a somewhat bizarre experience with this product.
Like one of the reviewers below, I purchased a few samples of this product (this was probably 2 months ago or so), and I really liked it. But then I got the full-sized version and did not like it as much. I feel like there was definitely a difference in consistency---my full-sized version was much more watery, making it slightly difficult to apply, took longer to dry, etc. It also had a whitish tinge on application, not clear. I also felt like it did not exfoliate as thoroughly as the samples (I guess this is subjective...).
I suppose it's possible that I purchased a fake (from Amazon, no less; it did look legitimate); I wasn't aware that there even were fakes for this product on the market...
If you're curious about the product, I strongly suggest obtaining samples first. You can order a couple packets for a few dollars on Ebay, although I think there are websites where you can get them for free.

Anyway, in terms of efficacy, I thought this product was a decent exfoliator. But I also use chemical exfoliation in conjunction with this. I haven't really noticed any difference in my skin when I use this consistently vs when I don't. Although it does have a slight, temporary brightening effect (many exfoliators I've used do).
It's quite gentle; in fact, I use it every other day. Unlike a few other products I've used in the past, it does not make my face red or irritated at all. Then again, I do not have sensitive or dry skin, so I feel like I can withstand a harsher exfoliator; in fact, I'd prefer something a little harsher for that satisfying clean feeling (I'm satisfied with the one I'm using now, MUAC's micro-polish cream).

I didn't have any adverse reactions to this product, but I don't think I'll repurchase, just because I wasn't terribly impressed and I've used other products that are more suitable for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2013 6:48:00 AM More reviews by Joellehearts

So I don't know what to think of this product. I first bought the little packet samples on ebay and LOVED it. I went and repurchased the full size and didn't see where it even exfoliated. I don't know maybe I didn't follow the directions to a t which is a make or break with this product. I still have the full bottle I'll have to try it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2013 10:43:00 AM More reviews by serena8

Amazingly novel product that works well without all the strong chemicals or "sandpaper like" particles in other exfoliating products. Results in immediately improved skin texture. Redness goes away overnight. Works on my acne-prone skin. I use it 1-2x weekly. I followup with a mask to really clean out all the clogged pores. No burning, stinging, etc. you get with those peeling masks. I'm using Benzaclin acne treatment gel afterwards and results are better used in combination. I plan to repurchase for as long as they make it. Use in on damp skin, rub it in and you'll see "rolls" of your dead skin come off, then rinse.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2013 10:29:00 AM More reviews by Rylko

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is probably the only "exfoliator" I would use! It doesn't have tiny beads in it that hurt your face and is pretty gentle if you use the right amount. I don't use this frequently, probably once a week or fortnight depending on how my skin feels. It has not broken me out and really keeps my skin feeling smooth. I avoid using this around my chin area though as I suffer from persistent hormonal acne there. I am a little afraid it might strip off too much oil at that area. But sometimes when my skin gets slightly better at the chin, I do use it to strip away the dead skin. It is expensive but it lasts a long time!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2013 9:40:00 PM More reviews by iamlizlemon

I will admit, this product is really fantastic but it's so expensive that I'd rather just buy a similar product that's much cheaper and readily available (Frutique Papaya Exfoliating Gel $13 USD at Sallys Beauty -- I have a detailed review under that product listing if you search for it). This works very well at exfoliating the face without harsh irritating beads. It also has fairly natural ingredients and a simple ingredients list which is helpful for those with sensitive skin. The single major caveat is that it is crazy expensive. The Frutique product works exactly the same way except that it has significantly more ingredients and is probably less "natural". If you don't mind the smell of the Frutique and the extra ingredients, I would use that since it's so much less expensive.
FRUTIQUE

CONS: Smells bad when using (don't worry, it doesn't last once washed off). Little bits are difficult to remove (use a very warm washcloth or apply right before showering and place face under hot shower water).
PROS: Very inexpensive and readily available at Sallys Beauty Supply or amazon. Very nice large bottle with locking pump.
CURE AQUA GEL

CONS: Crazy expensive. Hard to find and can only purchase online
PROS: Very simple ingredients and seems more "natural." Unscented.
-----------------------
This product legitimately works great but I believe that the dupe has the same results and is significantly cheaper and easier to find. In my opinion, this product is not worth the added price.