April 20, 2014 | 1825 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Matte - Omega

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2012 1:27:00 AM More reviews by LaceyH

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

i would describe this as a cool-toned light/medium taupe. but there are so many pics of it here online that you dont really need me to tell you that ;) i will say, the pic above, where Omega is in the lower left of the quad, is acurate 100%.
this is actually my first, and so far ONLY, MAC eyeshadow. i just cant be bothered to regularly buy shadows that are, what, $14 a pop? but for this color, i really couldnt find a dupe. all the other taupe/ light brown colors i looked at and tried were too warm for my purposes. i wanted this as an all-over contour color, as well as a brow filler color, AND a shadow color. my skin is around NC15, even lighter on parts that dont get any sun and dont have past sun damage. my hair is lightest ash brown at the roots, with strawberry blonde natural highlights here and there. i henna my hair regularly to add a more red color to it. my brows are naturally quite dark on the inner part, but blone (so you cant even really see them) on the outer parts. so i bleach the darker parts to match, and then fill in all of my brows. i wish i liked this more as a brow filler, but it really is for the VERY fair browed ladies for brow filler. i can use this as brow filler right after i bleach my brows, but if they've at all grown in darker again then this is too light.

but that's ok, b/c its the PERFECT contour color! its there enough to actually SHOW a contour, but doesnt look too ovious at all. i use it below cheekbones, as well as on temples, sides of nose bridge, and very top of forehead. it blends well, and is decently pigmented. with what i use it for, i wouldnt want it to be any more pigmented.

as far as using at as a eyeshadow, it's nice for days when i dont want much on my eyes, and also as a transition color.

when i run out i will repurchase, unless i've magically found some cheaper dupe.

i should note, i tried the supposed NYX dupe, and it was slightly shimmery (this is matte), and it was really hard to get any on the brush :(

UPDATE: 7/30/12
still loving this! i'm still using it as a contour color (under my cheekbones, and on the bridge of my nose/inner eye socket area, as well as a tad bit under my lower lip to create the illusion if fuller lips). also, i've found that if i dont use quite so much in the outer part of my brows, it works just great as a brow filler! if i wet my brush and use a while lot then it looks too obvious, but a wet brush with just a little looks really natural. so if this wasnt working for you at 1st as a brow filler, you might want to give it another go! as of today, i would still 100% re-buy :)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2012 10:31:00 PM More reviews by lilblue10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this as a transition color in the crease to soften dark eyeshadows. The only big disappointment I have is that the color is soooo much darker than it looks in the pan, I ordered it online and was shocked when I swatched it. It's still a great color. Pigmentation is okay, its pretty soft and blend well. I would buy it again

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2012 9:08:00 PM More reviews by jdmcgi2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Omega is a very versatile eye shadow. It is extremely natural and for the most part has neutral tones to it with a few slight cool tones as well. I like to wear it in the crease with shroom on the lid. It really gives a nice subtle shadow to your eyes. It isn't an exciting color but it can work not only as an eye shadow but for the brows as well. I have light brown hair so I sometimes use it on my eye brows if I mix it with a darker brown and it looks natural. I guess if you have blond hair it would look really good by itself for brows. This eye shadow blends really well and I have even used it as a slight contour on the sides of my nose without it looking strange. Omega is just a great shade to have on hand...it isn't a wow color but it is still special and I'm glad I bought it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2012 1:33:00 PM More reviews by cherylf

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This was recommended to me by a MUA for contouring, but I just didn't like it. Wouldn't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2012 3:21:00 PM More reviews by nm1981

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am SO thrilled with Omega! For me this is the PERECT brow shade.I have dabbled with nearly every light taupe eyeshadow on the market to find the perfect brow color. Pencils are too stark and gels are heavy and fake looking. Powder is brilliant but finding the right color is nearly impossible if your brow color is transparent blond. For a while I used the Anastasia Brow Powder Duo. Beautiful product but the packaging is a bit difficult when you begin to hit pan. The whole thing crumbles. Everything about MAC's Omega is perfection.I bought the Pro Palette Pan and popped it in the Pro Palette Eye Shadow Duo along with Coquette for a brow palette. I am so happy! This is perfect for barely there brows. It's subtle and shades in with full yet realistic coverage. Fabulous!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2012 2:41:00 PM More reviews by keiki300

This is one color every girl should have if you have fair or medium skin. It is great for the marilyn monroe eye.....greatest with hazel and green eyes. i use it over Mac paint pot "painterly" and it lasts until i take it off

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2012 12:11:00 PM More reviews by bloodymerry52

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Omega is my go-to brow product! My brows are the lightest blonde you could imagine, and this does the trick. I apply with a MAC 266 brush. It looks so natural yet polished. I hate using pencils and/or brow gel, I just do not like the feeling or look of either. Also works great as a crease color. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2012 8:06:00 PM More reviews by canadian

For reference I'm neutral to warm, NC/25/NW25ish.

Omega is a taupish-grey matte color. In my opinion it's a versatile color. I use it to blend out crease colors that are too dark or on it's own as a crease color. It' more of a neutral tone and not overly cool or warm. I pair it with MAC Grain, Shroom and Vex.

Overall I like Omega and would purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2012 3:06:00 PM More reviews by pixyinpanic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my perfect eyebrow color! If you have blonde hair this is one for you. It's a cool-toned light brown, but it goes on darker than in the pan.
I use it daily with an angled brush to fill in my eyebrows and it just looks so right, never overpowering. You can also use this as a contour color for your eye socket to create a nice shadow effect. I love this one very much and I acctually do think that this is easier to blend than other matte shades. I'd give it a 10 if I could ;)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2012 8:49:00 PM More reviews by NerdyLibrarianGirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Perfect medium, taupey-grey matte for a daytime look! Very natural looking.