August 28, 2014 | 1592 users online

Mascara - Christian Dior - DiorShow Maximizer Lash Plumping Serum

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2013 11:15:00 PM More reviews by Spanish2166

I personally do see a difference in my overlash health in lashes. Before i did not use a primer for my eyelashes and they would usually fall off and a lot at one time. After using this that has been reduced to little to none after and it keeps my eyelashes healthy. I wouldnt recomend for everyday use by itself but it makes a great primer and everyone should try it :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2013 12:40:00 AM More reviews by jccmz

This weighed down my lashes and made them lose the curl I'd put in with the curler. Totally not impressed. About the same as the Lancome and Tarte eyelash bases, both of which also do not impress me. These are all not waterproof and immediately make my lashes droop after I've taken the time to curl them. I'm surprised I'm saying this, but the only eyelash base that works for me is the Waterproof version of L'Oreal's Double Extend (but the mascara can flake). I just don't bother with eyelash bases anymore because I get great results with Maybelline's Colossal Cat Eyes Mascara in Waterproof.

I returned the Dior Maximizer to Sephora in less than a week.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2013 7:11:00 PM More reviews by heenalotus

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Yes, it will cost you an arm and leg, for heaven's sake it's Dior and not ELF. Lol. That being prefaced, I am addicted. I blame this on being part Pakistani and idolizing Lily Ghalichi on Shahs of Sunset but I am obsessed with super thick, dark, long spidery looking lashes. It's not for the faint of heart or the girl next door (which time is beginning to prove that I am most certainly not) but I take about 30 minutes to do my full makeup routine every morning and the one thing that takes me the absolute longest to do would be my lashes. I first curl my lashes with my Shu Uemura, dab on a good coat of this magical elixir on my lashes. Wait a few seconds and let it get tacky while putting on blush and then I go to town with my lashes with FOUR mascaras (yes, the last coat is always water-proof.) At the end, I do not look like a tarantula or overly caked fiend, I end up looking glamourous and exotic and extremely done up just the way I like it. This stuff nourishes and protects your lashes (I do not use it at night due to the price point) and helps you put on 10 coats of mascara without looking like a drag queen. It prevents clumps and all that jazz and instead of building up gunk, it smoothes everything out. Consider it eyelash Spanx, it won't make your lashes thinner by any means, but it will smooth out all those bulges while providing a good base to help everything stay put and yes, it does add a wee bit of volume and length. This is my first eyelash primer and though I am running out and tempted to shop around, a good part of me feels like maybe I lucked out on my first try.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/13/2013 11:27:00 PM More reviews by Qinni

for some reason this thing comes out in clumps and stays on my eyelash in little white clumps? sometimes even when I run mascara over it, the white clumps would still show until i run over it a second time, which sometimes also leaves a clump of mascara. Maybe I'm just not applying it right but it doesn't feel too great.

I'm giving it a 3 lippie cause it does lengthen and volumize my lashes though, even if it likes to clump around. I think I'll return these to sephora if i can sometime...

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2013 9:46:00 PM More reviews by meganlovesyooou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Okay, I'll admit it: I'm a curly lash fiend.

My lash routine previous to using this product was pretty standard. I would curl with Lancome's Le Curler and apply 2 coats of YSL Babydoll mascara. I kept noticing more and more lashes falling out when I removed my eye makeup and became hellbent on discovering why! After many a trial, I figured out that my lashes were being weakened near the root due to the traction caused by my lash curler. This meant, if I wanted to save my existing lashes, I would have to retire my beloved curler.

Since nothing is worse than stick-straight lashes coated in black mascara, I decided it was time to find a solution...and that solution ended up being Dior lash primer! I no longer curl my lashes, just use one coat of this before using a curling mascara and my lashes are set for the day. I truly haven't noticed any new lash growth, but my existing lashes are MUCH stronger. The brush is a comb-type rather than bristles, which I find help to coat the lashes evenly. There seems to be quite a bit of product in there, as well--I've been using it everyday for the past few months and it isn't even the slightest bit dry.

If you're looking for an alternative to a traditional eyelash curler or you want to strengthen weak lashes, you may very well fall in love with this.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2013 7:50:00 PM More reviews by kelsey1219

A must-have in any makeup kit. Turns any mascara into the perfect mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2013 12:19:00 PM More reviews by Haylez

I love this lash primer! I can't use mascara alone without this anymore.Makes my lashes thicker/longer and also let's my mascara work to its best to! I also feel it makes my mascara last perfectly until I wash it off at bedtime. Love it!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/10/2013 11:46:00 AM More reviews by katieswensen

I decided to try this out because I LOVE Diorshow mascara, but I returned it to Sephora immediately. It made mascara difficult to apply and the effect was clumpy and unnatural. The Diorshow looks better without it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2013 8:30:00 AM More reviews by Kairla

For all you ladies just putting this on under your mascara, you are missing out on the best part of this product! It is good for adding length and volume under mascara (I use the maximizer, Dior Iconic Overcurl and Diorshow Blackout on top for drama). The best thing to grow your lashes is to put this on overnight. I have decent lashes but love a dramatic lash so I was using fake lashes that destroyed what I had. I purchased this and within 2 weeks my lashes were strong, shiny and long! Super amazing product!!!!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 7/19/2013 5:11:00 AM More reviews by jamster86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This serum definitely works as a mascara base in so much as it makes lashes look longer and more voluminous. However, it definitely lessens the staying power of the mascara you use with it (I have tried it with my Diorshow Iconic and also lancome hypnose which normally stays on me all day without any problems). It smudges rather than flakes and makes your mascara have a bit of a greasy feel.

As a serum used daily overnight it doesn't seem to have done anything for my lashes.

However, positives are that its a similar price to my favourite lash primer, lancome cils booster, but almost double the quantity, so if this one works for you then it might be much better value! Sadly for me a bit of a let down.