September 16, 2014 | 1196 users online

Mascara - Christian Dior - DiorShow Maximizer Lash Plumping Serum

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2014 4:17:00 PM More reviews by Kaelie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

$28.50 USD. OMG, this really works to make your lashes look full! I have short, straight, and sparse Asian lashes, so it's really important to me to find a mascara that adds both full volume and length. The only mascara that worked for me was the discontinued Maybelline Lash Stylist, and I'm now down to the last tube. In my quest to replace Lash Stylist, I've been madly testing out both high and low-end brands. While none of the mascaras I've tried come close to Lash Stylist, using this serum underneath made a huge difference in how my lashes look, regardless of the mascara used. (BTW, if you liked Lash Stylist, the only brand that comes close to it that I've found so far are either the Butterfly or Voluminous, both by L'Oreal, but only with this serum layered under). The only downside to this serum is that it will uncurl your lashes, so don't bother curling your lashes before putting this on. Also be sure to let it dry before putting on any mascara on top. SO glad I found this after looking at tons of MUA reviews -thanks MUA'ers!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2014 2:46:00 AM More reviews by m33m4

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

Not to be ultra tweeny, but this primer gives eyelashes swagggg. I was so impressed with the separation, length and, most importantly, conditioning ability of this tube of goo. After a bout of lash extensions gone wrong (never again) I had stubby little lashes with sparse patches, and using this as a treatment (which is how it is supposed to be used, on top as of a primer) totally rectified the situation. And I was left with longer eyelashes than I had to begin with. Used underneath mascara I have zero breakage and lash fall upon removing. The only downside is the price, because it's a staple that I feel I need now, but one tube lasts a few months and it is hands down the best primer I've ever used. It's seriously so good that I don't know if all my reviews on mascara are biased now, since I started using this any mascara seems to look good. If you are only ever going to purchase one dior product, please make this it. I have recommended it to all my friends and my sisters and they LOVE it. The packaging is ok, a clone of diors other lash products. Who cares really. If this was squeezed into sausage skin I'd still use it.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2014 7:36:00 PM More reviews by clemon

The first time I wore this, my friend-who-never-notice-my-makeup asked me if I was wearing fake lashes. So yes, this product is great. It adds volume, reduces clump and makes my lashes look amazing. If it's in your budget, I do highly recommend this.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2013 1:04:00 PM More reviews by kmunns

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this because a Sephora staffer recommended it when I was looking for an eyelash serum. The only one they carry is Peter Thomas Roth and it was $80. This was waaaay less expensive. She said that some people feel that it does make their lashes more lush, used over time, but what she and other staffers liked about it is that you get instant gratification because it is a primer.

I have to say I love it! It's the best primer I've ever used. Not all fiber falling in your eyes, but just like a white gel that's easy to apply and doesn't irritate your eyes. You put a coat of mascara over and your lashes look thicker and longer.

I don't know yet if it will do anything for making my bare eyelashes longer and thicker, but I'm super happy about how they look after I apply this and my Cover Girl thick lash mascara.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2013 12:13:00 PM More reviews by saarahkb4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am almost finished my first tube of this and I am going to run to pick up a back up so I don't have to go a day without it! I love this product, I am surprised by how fantastic it makes my eyelashes look. Since I've started using this product my eyelashes are obviously longer (yay), and look much thicker. I will start off with what I like about the packaging.

I appreciate it is in a white container, it makes it stand out difficult to misplace. The brush is awesome, a soft synthetic bristle which gently combs through the lashes and coats them perfectly with product. There is never an excess on the brush and my lashes already look good (albeit white) before the mascara even goes on. There also isn't any unpleasant smell, and I like that it's not a wet, sticky formula.

The white is very easy to cover up with a mascara and doesn't require a multitude of coats. My lashes look thick and well defined with this product on and like I said Im noticing my lashes are getting longer. My new staple!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2013 11:15:00 PM More reviews by Spanish2166

I personally do see a difference in my overlash health in lashes. Before i did not use a primer for my eyelashes and they would usually fall off and a lot at one time. After using this that has been reduced to little to none after and it keeps my eyelashes healthy. I wouldnt recomend for everyday use by itself but it makes a great primer and everyone should try it :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2013 12:40:00 AM More reviews by jccmz

This weighed down my lashes and made them lose the curl I'd put in with the curler. Totally not impressed. About the same as the Lancome and Tarte eyelash bases, both of which also do not impress me. These are all not waterproof and immediately make my lashes droop after I've taken the time to curl them. I'm surprised I'm saying this, but the only eyelash base that works for me is the Waterproof version of L'Oreal's Double Extend (but the mascara can flake). I just don't bother with eyelash bases anymore because I get great results with Maybelline's Colossal Cat Eyes Mascara in Waterproof.

I returned the Dior Maximizer to Sephora in less than a week.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2013 7:11:00 PM More reviews by heenalotus

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Yes, it will cost you an arm and leg, for heaven's sake it's Dior and not ELF. Lol. That being prefaced, I am addicted. I blame this on being part Pakistani and idolizing Lily Ghalichi on Shahs of Sunset but I am obsessed with super thick, dark, long spidery looking lashes. It's not for the faint of heart or the girl next door (which time is beginning to prove that I am most certainly not) but I take about 30 minutes to do my full makeup routine every morning and the one thing that takes me the absolute longest to do would be my lashes. I first curl my lashes with my Shu Uemura, dab on a good coat of this magical elixir on my lashes. Wait a few seconds and let it get tacky while putting on blush and then I go to town with my lashes with FOUR mascaras (yes, the last coat is always water-proof.) At the end, I do not look like a tarantula or overly caked fiend, I end up looking glamourous and exotic and extremely done up just the way I like it. This stuff nourishes and protects your lashes (I do not use it at night due to the price point) and helps you put on 10 coats of mascara without looking like a drag queen. It prevents clumps and all that jazz and instead of building up gunk, it smoothes everything out. Consider it eyelash Spanx, it won't make your lashes thinner by any means, but it will smooth out all those bulges while providing a good base to help everything stay put and yes, it does add a wee bit of volume and length. This is my first eyelash primer and though I am running out and tempted to shop around, a good part of me feels like maybe I lucked out on my first try.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/13/2013 11:27:00 PM More reviews by Qinni

for some reason this thing comes out in clumps and stays on my eyelash in little white clumps? sometimes even when I run mascara over it, the white clumps would still show until i run over it a second time, which sometimes also leaves a clump of mascara. Maybe I'm just not applying it right but it doesn't feel too great.

I'm giving it a 3 lippie cause it does lengthen and volumize my lashes though, even if it likes to clump around. I think I'll return these to sephora if i can sometime...

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2013 9:46:00 PM More reviews by meganlovesyooou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Okay, I'll admit it: I'm a curly lash fiend.

My lash routine previous to using this product was pretty standard. I would curl with Lancome's Le Curler and apply 2 coats of YSL Babydoll mascara. I kept noticing more and more lashes falling out when I removed my eye makeup and became hellbent on discovering why! After many a trial, I figured out that my lashes were being weakened near the root due to the traction caused by my lash curler. This meant, if I wanted to save my existing lashes, I would have to retire my beloved curler.

Since nothing is worse than stick-straight lashes coated in black mascara, I decided it was time to find a solution...and that solution ended up being Dior lash primer! I no longer curl my lashes, just use one coat of this before using a curling mascara and my lashes are set for the day. I truly haven't noticed any new lash growth, but my existing lashes are MUCH stronger. The brush is a comb-type rather than bristles, which I find help to coat the lashes evenly. There seems to be quite a bit of product in there, as well--I've been using it everyday for the past few months and it isn't even the slightest bit dry.

If you're looking for an alternative to a traditional eyelash curler or you want to strengthen weak lashes, you may very well fall in love with this.