July 24, 2014 | 1853 users online

Treatments (Face) - La Roche Posay - Effaclar Duo

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2014 11:22:00 PM More reviews by missjjww

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I haven't tried this long enough to say that it improves my skin. But what I can say, is that it is a great oil controller especially when used under foundation or BB cream. I'm going to use this as my new primer, it's great. As for the skin improvement claims, I'll have to see how it goes over time with regular use.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2014 3:53:00 AM More reviews by ifi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i had the worst acne all over my face and i've been using this product for less than 2 weeks and it's already changed my skin...!!! i love it it's amazing and i have tried a million acne products..

rated 1 of 5 on 1/26/2014 2:37:00 PM More reviews by EllieA

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Absolutely terrible! I have sensitive acne prone skin and after months of hearing the hype i finally bought the new Effaclar duo +. I had afew spots on my chin area and after a couple of days I was horrified by the outburst of small spots all around my chin. I know that it was this product because it only appeared where I applied this product. So so gutted, It obviously works for some people but not for me. Devastated :(

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2014 5:09:00 PM More reviews by mezxy095

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

For years I had been trying to find the perfect product to not only moisturize my skin but also help keep my oiliness at bay. Fortunately I came across a YouTube video that included this product; so decided to purchase it and give it a go.
Long story short, I have been using this going on 5 years now and have not been convinced to try anything else. It is a little pricey but well worth it in my opinion.
I apply a pea-sized amount all over my face (morning and night); for any breakouts I use this as a spot treatment and the blemish is usually gone in a couple of days.
This does not clog my pores or leave me excessively oily - I've noticed with my makeup being on all day my face isn't as oily as it used to be prior to using this product.

I can honestly say that this is the best moisturizer I've tried and will continue to repurchase until the day they discontinue it (even then i'll stock up).

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2014 11:21:00 AM More reviews by juneh84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this for two weeks. I had decided to stop spending money on expensive facials, and the clogs (which had been kept at bay by regular extractions) reappeared all across my forehead and between my eyebrows. I was also losing the battle against hormonal (cystic) acne which had broken out all over my chin. I bought this after reading the reviews here and have been using it morning and night ever since.

This product definitely brings about purging - the breakouts got a lot worse before my skin got better. My forehead is much less bumpy now, and the product is starting to work on the cysts on my chin. I will continue to use this as it does unclog my pores - it seems to push the blackheads and whiteheads onto the surface of the skin where I can pick them off quite easily using gentle pressure, and it also seems to make the cysts come to a head, which makes it possible for me to lance and drain them.

That said, this product really does dry out my skin. I apply 12 or so small dots all over my face, over moisturiser (Jurlique calendula cream mixed with Clarins lotus treatment oil), and despite that I will feel a stinging sensation if I haven't applied the moisturiser generously enough. This also made my skin flakey, though I've managed to bring that under control by increasing the amount of oil in my moisturiser.

From the description on the packaging, it seems that the Duo is the most intensive treatment, followed by the A.I., which is for spot treatment, then the K, which supposedly prevents relapses. I hope to switch to the K once my skin clears up, but will still keep a tube of the Duo handy in case of breakouts.

5 stars for price because it is much, much cheaper than what I would have to pay for a facial. 5 stars for packaging because it comes in a squeeze tube with a small nozzle, which is not only hygienic but makes it very easy to control how much product is dispensed and where. 4 stars for overall rating because of how it dries out my skin, and because I would have liked it to work a lot faster than it has.

N.B.: I live in Singapore and we get the Made In France version which does not contain benzoyl peroxide.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2014 10:44:00 AM More reviews by sophiedecay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

HG product for me hands down. I had a mild acne problem on my forehead/chin and some bumps(oil gland ducts i think) on my cheek few months back. I have tried everything to clear it and after watching modelrecommend's video.. I decided to try my luck.
It applies smoothly and feels like nothing on skin but within the few days i notice the bumps and pimple starts to clear out. I admit i breakout more during the initial use but my skin clears out. It does not sting my face like other acne cream.
It works as a primer and also a acne product so thats a bonus!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2013 12:46:00 AM More reviews by happyathome

This has never made my face sting, feel dried out, nor break out even more. I have used a moisturizer previous to this containing niacinamide, and I ended up with a spot at least once a week. The formulation is like a creamy gel, with little fragrance. If there were a scent to detect it could be described as a medicinal citrus. It absorbs into the skin at an incredible speed, so I recommend rapid application. Normally in these colder months I require intense moisturizing on my cheeks every day, but suffice to say, I have not with Effeclar Duo, it moisturizes well enough.
This was my first purchase by LaRoche Posay and I considered it a tester to see if I should make the switch. I was faithful to NeoStrata for nearly ten years, and still am to just my prescription mixed with their toner. My hormones changed and I began looking into french pharmacie products and have not looked back. This, compared to the Effeclar K, is the heavier duty of the two, for those wondering. I had one to three spots at a time, then a week of clarity in between before another breakout. My skin type is not very oily, but oily/combo, and I would recommend starting with this over the K for those looking to rid themselves of any spots. Effeclar Duo has spurred me on to buy a cleanser and eye cream, both of which I can absolutely rave about.
My skin is almost out of its reparative state, and I have this moisturizer to thank for that. Once beyond, I look forward to maintaining clear and healthy skin once again. My only regret is not making the purchase sooner than the eight months I stuck with my old brand.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/20/2013 9:55:00 PM More reviews by CoCoChanel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I can't use this, this really irritated my skin and I only dabbed it on my blemishes, itched and stung like crazy, had to wash it off.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2013 11:35:00 PM More reviews by Sandraabde

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's cleared my skin for over 8 months now. I definitely recommend it for anyone with normal to oily skin, it does wonders! i only apply it on my t zone once a week, then daily on affected areas if needed (such as a break out). wanna buy again, but it's pricey.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/15/2013 5:16:00 PM More reviews by Angelistic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was a wonderful product for 3 years, and it is a great light exfoliate product. However, if you have mild-medium acne, this is not going to clear your acne right away. However, over the years it no longer works on me, and hence, I am looking into an alternative product.