October 1, 2014 | 1818 users online

Treatments (Face) - La Roche Posay - Effaclar Duo

rated 3 of 5 on 4/5/2014 10:03:00 AM More reviews by TaylorD1234

I bought this product last summer to try and get rid of the on going spots that I had on my chin. I applied this all over my face and went to sleep. The next morning I was shocked when I looked in the mirror my chin reacted VERY badly to this it was red and sore and the spots looked a lot worse than they had been the night before. It took me ages to get my chin under control again
Before this product I had a lot of under the skin bumps all over my forehead but within a week there was a huge difference on my forehead, it was 100% clear.
I am currently on my second tube of effaclar duo and only use it on my forehead. I find this product quite oily so would choose a different product for those with oily skin,
I would recommend this product to people with under the skin spots on forehead because that is where it worked best for me but I definitely won't be using it on my chin again !

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2014 6:28:00 PM More reviews by andnya

I think the best reviews are the more detailed, so I decided to do something more personal in case somebody can relate.
When I was about 15 I had extremely normal skin, no acne, just freckles. Now I'm 22, full of acne and no freckles. From normal skin to oily and dehydrated (one of the most difficult skins to deal with).
I've been suffering with acne for about 5 years (about a quarter of my life has been surrounded by these little annoying guys), I've had my worst and also my best skin (weird) during this period of time.
I've taken different birth control pills, antibiotics and have changed my eating habits; I can't say nothing worked, but nothing lasted.

About 5 months ago I started getting those annoying pimples again, mainly around my jaw area, so I started re-taking more care, but they still grew, and, by the end of the year there wasn't a day that I didn't wake up depressed, with my face hurting and wanting to sleep forever (or, at least, until my face decided to collaborate with me). I discovered that I had one specific masculine hormone (that we all have, and can't remember the name) a little bit high, so I came back to the birth control pill...and the antibiotic. They weren't doing a great job this time, or, at least, they didn't start working until I started using Effaclar Duo (which made me break HORRIBLY the first week, and I'm still recovering BUT, after months, I can, finally, see clear skin). I'm about 40% clean (two weeks into it; keeping my routine simple) so I still have a couple of weeks left to improve, but so far so good.
The thing that I love the most about it, is that it genuinely feels like nothing on your skin (which can be bad, as it can lead to overusing it and being a snake for a couple of days -I learnt parseltongue in case I needed to join a snake gang or something). And about the tingling; I don't feel it every time I use it, so don't panic if you don't neither -it's working but not as intensively!! :)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2014 2:55:00 PM More reviews by sarahellen1980

I have combination skin and and not too many spots (but I want none!). This gel does absolutely nothing for my skin. Usually with a gel like this you would notice slightly drying spots the next morning, but no change for me. This went to the back of the bathroom cabinet and will soon be demoted to the bin :(

***UPDATED*** I have updated this, as I got a sample of the new Effaclar Duo+. Wow! My skin is fantastic. I use this every night an day, great as a make up base, and it clears up my skin. Win, win win, can't believe this is the same product as the original. Fantastic.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/11/2014 9:42:00 AM More reviews by itsstella

I have used countless bottles of Effaclar Duo from last year and it works perfectly fine and it does have all those features that most bloggers reviewed on, good primer, good moisturizer and so on. However, after using it for a long time, the actual use (corrective and unclog anti-perfection) declines, up until this point i am still using this (which is going to my last one) but I would probably stop if the effects aren't that obvious.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2014 7:14:00 AM More reviews by pratty01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I am on my second tube. found it damn annoying to squeeze out the last bit of product from the first tube. which is why my score for packaging is 2 lippies. i dont like to waste product but unless i was gonna cut open the tube there is noway i could have gotton the last bit.

the product itself has an amazing consistancy, its not like anything i've used before. i dont know if this is the right word for it, but its mildly grainy, not like scrub grainy but its not creamy.. its strange, but strangely good. you have to feel it to know what i mean.

its slightly cooling when applied, skin feels refreshed. works wonderfully in keping breakouts at bay if used regularly, key word being "regularly' ; this is not an over night treatment, atleast not for me. but use it for a week and you see a dramatic difference in the texture of your skin, less breakouts and more refined to touch.

i have used it alone and under a moisturiser and its wonderfull both ways. if you are on acne meds or other acne fighting products i dont think you can sub this for a moisturiser, it just wont be enough. this has to be used like a treatment under your regular moisturiser. but if you're the girl with an odd breakout or two around that time of the month, i suggest swapping your regular moiturser with this for a week leading upto your period. you will notice a difference i promise. but remember, you have to use it for a week continuously to see dramatic difference.

its a trustworthy product but you have to let it work for you by being consistent.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2014 5:38:00 PM More reviews by erikakakaka

Best moisturizer I have ever used! I have always struggled with terrible breakouts, but since I started using this my skin has been perfectly clear!! Amazing! Have just purchased my second tube today!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2014 11:04:00 AM More reviews by Jessicalc

Best product/serum I have ever used! Fast acting, immediate results and continual results! Cleared up my skin and continues to! What more could you want from a product! I have recommended it to so many people who now love it too! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2014 5:36:00 PM More reviews by Danni15

When I first bought this, I was used to using much more harsh things on my skin ( like Clean & Clear's salicylic acid spot treatment) so I thought it wasn't working when I didn't see results. But a couple months ago I started using it every morning, before I applied my moisturiser. I just gently rub it onto the affected areas and then apply my Vichy Normaderm moisturiser, and then apply my make up. I've found that this has also minimised the appearance of my pores which is awesome :) It is a bit on the pricier side but it's definitely well worth it! A bottle usually lasts me about 2-3 months which is nice as well.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/2/2014 10:17:00 PM More reviews by crimsonidol

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Honestly, I hate to be one of the reviews to give this a bad rating, but as for my experience, it worked terribly; or should I say, it worked well, in a terrible way!
It made my breakout so sore, red, swollen, and itchy that it turned to cystic pimples. Ewww
And I'm not the type of person that gets acne or breakouts often at all.
It kept hurting and hurting. I thought, based on the reviews I read, if I kept using it, it would eventually get rid of the breakout. But alas, the little white dots turned into big red acne pimples that kept getting worse. I stopped using it and it got a bit better within a day. So much calmer.
I ended up returning this product.
This is based on my own experience solely.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/1/2014 5:41:00 PM More reviews by shones22

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

quite excited about this for attempting to soothe and calm and clear up my little bumps and quell breakouts. I lasted two weeks. Yes, there is meant to be a purging period but my skin looked initially good for two/three days not clear but smoother and then.....lots and lots of little red pimples on my cheeks and forehead, lipline and one lovely one on the tip of my nose. I think a purging period is just guff really more like a reaction from your skin and this did not agree with me. But that is just my sensitive, dry/oily/pimple prone skin and it may suit you as my sister's skin was just glowing and even and absolutely gorgeous with it. Not one breakout, very even toned. Not cheap but mid range and imagine it would last me about two months with twice daily use. Felt nice going on and did improve the dry patches on my cheeks even though it is not marketed as doing that.