La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo

3.5

Salicylic acid - 0.5% aqua, glycerin, cyclohexasiloxane, hydrogenated polyisobutene, niacinamide, isopropyl lauroyl sarcosinate, ammonium polyacryloyldimethyl taurate, silica, mathyl methacrylate crosspolymer, glyceryl stearate se, piroctone olamine, caprylloyl glycine, myristyl myristate, potassium cetyl phosphate, capryloyl salicylic acid, caprylyl glycol, sodium hydroxide, zinc pca, nylon-12, linoleic acid, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, parfum.

on 10/14/2014 3:38:00 PM

I have been using this product on and off for years. It smells nice, it is easy to apply. Unfortunately, it dries my skin badly and you can see the flakes on my chin, forehead and nose- exactly where I need this cream to work its magic!
So now I use it just on pimples and cysts and it is alright. It makes the smaller but it is not magic.
EDIT- 16.11.2014 -I am not using this product anymore because I found a much better product for my skin problems- it is a mask that has clay, azelaic acid and sulphur--now this mask is magic.

on 10/14/2014 4:00:00 AM

I cannot find enough good words to say on this product! I have combination/oily skin, acne prone with clogged pores. After a little bit of on line research I thought to give this one a try. It is amazing! I am using it for about two weeks now and I still cannot believe how smooth my skin feels and looks! I am using it day and night after my serum and before my moisterizer. I can definitely confirm that it does what it says (at least for my skin type!).

on 10/12/2014 7:27:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I use La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo + morning and night, though I'm not actually sure what it is doing for my skin, as I see no difference at all when using it.

It's not too greasy, and works as a good but light moisturiser when skin isn't too parched. I have very dry skin so sometimes this is not enough on its own.

My spots do not go drastically quicker when applying these to my face, nor does this prevent scars or redness on my face from previous spots.

Overall I am not very crazy over this product as I am really uncertain about what it is doing to my skin, I've been using it for over 2 months now and can't say it's doing anything amazing.

on 10/11/2014 7:06:00 AM

Love. Love. Love. I actually use this as a night moisturiser and although the tube looks small, it is still going strong after 8 months daily use. As someone who had very bad breakouts in the past, I must say this has certainly kept them at bay, I only get one or two minor pimples here and now. Having said that, it is a bit pricey in my opinion, but if you are willing to shell out $20+ dollars (in Australia that is) for a reliable product, this baby will be great for helping you say good bye to breakouts. Feels very soothing on the skin, and has a nice faint scent.

on 10/4/2014 7:18:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Acne and spot treatment that works for me! Don't expect to get rid of them overnight, it takes a while and sometimes make my skin look ugly as it brings out bumps into surface before it dries out and gets gone. But once it clears out the skin, it DOES clear out! It unclogs my pores very nicely. I don't have any blackheads and whiteheads anymore since using this product every morning and night. It controls oil as well. Now I am more confident going out without makeup bcause my skin is naturally smoother and matte. Will always keep one on the drawer whenever I need a spot treatment!

on 9/19/2014 6:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

EU version
well, i registered to write a review about it, thats how good it is. first of all, to say what everybody says - purging started on day 3 for me, took 7-8 days to clear my face completely. Secondly, even those who looove to pick their "imperfections", please dont - these are the ones that take ages to heal. With other products like Triacneal it doesnt make much difference, Effaclar Duo though gets rid of untouched spots and whiteheads faster. Also, it may leave temporary darker spots (discolouration) on your face, still worth a perfect skin you get :) very cheap for such an effective product, smells nice and has a very nice packaging :) recommend!!!

on 9/16/2014 2:34:00 PM

I have the European version. So no benzoyl peroxide like the usa one.The usa version is a spot tx and is very different than the one i'm reviewing. They are labeled as the same product, but have different ingredients. Perhaps that is why there are so many conflicting reviews on the effaclar duo. I hear some people rave and others hate it.

The tube say it is for corrective and unclogging care of the skin.

This stuff is pretty amazing. It used for all over the face, morning and nigt. If you have lil bumps under the skin, white comedones, this product will bring those up and out and then heal them quickly. ( some people don't want to go through this process but give it a few weeks and the skin looks so much smoother) It will also help prevent future pores from clogging up. If you have red or inflamed blemishes, this will help heal them faster without the flaky mess. It is not a moisturizer, but somehow leaves my skin softer.

It goes on silky, nice hygienic tube with "needle" point tip, 40 ml. Made in france. and the product really works like it says. No parabens.

The cons- slight floral scent which i don't like, but it does dissipate. First couple uses stung, but i have sensitive skin. Hard to find. Not cheap.

on 9/15/2014 4:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I received a sample size package of this product, and after reading reviews on it I was hesitant to use it because it seems to cause some people an allergic reaction. But I figured my skin usually is not sensitive so I tested it out on a couple of small pimples that I had on my upper chest. It started working within hours! I was amazed, so I applied some more the next day, and the day after that, and the blemishes were gone, EXCEPT I'm left with red and dry patches exactly in the areas the cream was applied. I'm really surprised I got such a reaction from this, and I'm glad I didn't apply it to my face!! So I'll say that it is effective at clearing pimples, BUT you may be left with a bigger problem - redness and irritation. Use with caution.

on 9/13/2014 11:11:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I don't have bad skin but get spots and blemishes occasionally. When I see some coming up I apply this product the that area under my moisturiser and it definitely clears the skin quickly. It seems quite potent so I wouldn't ever be confident to apply all over my face. I can see myself always keeping this product in my bathroom cabinet and would recommend.

on 9/8/2014 4:52:00 PM

Oh, man. I need to keep away from this product. For those with really sensitive skin, I wouldn't even touch this stuff. I've used it twice (tiny, tiny pin-dot amounts) only to result in serious chemical burns that took weeks to repair. If your skin is more resilient then I'm sure this would be no problem but warning to anyone with delicate skin, don't touch this stuff. Even after it burned my skin off, there were still pimples! So it just didn't work out for me at all, sadly.

Popular Treatments (Face)