Too Faced AMAZING FACE SPF FOUNDATION

Talc, Silica, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Dimethicone, Serenoa Serrulata Fruit Extract, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Extract, Argania Spinosa Kernel Extract, Bambusa Arundinacea Stem Powder, Octyldodecyl Stearate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol. ( /-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

on 1/7/2012 1:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have this in the lightest shade available (Vanilla Creme),which was recommended by a salesperson at Ulta. It is, however, too light and chalky looking for my whole face, even in the winter. I may repurchase in the next shade, but for now, I love to use this as a concealer under my other powder foundation (Palladio wet/dry). It is a really creamy powder formula, and I find that it works great under my eyes and covering up redness and flaws prior to applying my foundation. I always make sure to moisturize my face well, and use an effective eye cream before using this, though. It needs a moist face as well as a good concealer brush. Really good coverage and staying power, but it is a bit expensive. Probably not effective for very dry and/or aging skin.

on 12/25/2011 8:01:00 PM

I really like the silky feeling of this foundatiomn, but to me it SMELLS JUST LIKE SUN SCREEN, probably because of the SPF but I didn't expect it. Also the shade Vanilla Creme is too dark for me, when I first put it on it is fine but later throughout the day my friend said to me that I looked ORANGE and I was, so I wish I could like this foundation but It cakes too easily and there wasn't anything I liked about it so, A pass for me.

on 11/2/2011 1:13:00 PM

I'm loving this right now and it's my favourite pressed powder so far, and I tried many. I found perfect shade too, vanilla creme, which isn't so easy when you look like snowhite. Makes my skin poreless, flawless, porcelain-like. I controls shine for a couple of hours which isn't too long, but I have yet to find one that will last longer (I belive, with my combination-oil-slick of a skin, that is an urban legend). It's so soft and velvety on the skin, doesn't cause build up which sometimes can be the case with other foundations. I do touch ups only on my forehead and nose and it's perfect, luuuv it!

on 10/2/2011 8:15:00 AM

Nice pale shade and look, decent lasting power and convenience- too bad it irritated my sensitive skin and gave me breakouts. I blended it on my neck and even had bumps there! My skin was fine beforehand. Too bad.

on 9/13/2011 9:21:00 AM

My skin: I have combination acne prone skin with visible pores and blackheads. Lately, since using exfoliants like there is no tomorrow, it has improved a great deal. It is a lot less oily - some days is even on the dry side from all that exfoliation, but I still have dilated pores on my T zone and blackheads.
Usage: I used it on its own after moisturizing and sunscreen, every morning (no additional foundation/tinted moisturizer or anything else). This powder foundation applies indeed easily without to much fuss. I have used the sponge that comes with the powder, but for a better application, a brush would be recommended.
Pros: After using a whole powder case, it has not broken me out, controls oil very well, goes over the skin like silk, leaves a matte powdery finish which, after blending with your face oils, becomes skin like, provides light-medium coverage (I did not try to build it up because I like the more natural look). Minimizes the appearance of pores (not entirely but enough) and it feels as if I have nothing on, which is very important to me.
Cons: I have a fair-medium complexion, and while the color Warm Vanilla was too light for me, Perfect Nude which I ended up buying, was a little too dark (in Sephora, with their lights, seemed perfect). I used it up as it was, but the limited color selection could be an impediment. Second, after reading Paula Begoun's review regarding this powder, it seems it has no reliable UVA protection. That makes the SPF 15 useless, but it shouldn't matter if sunscreen is used before applying this powder. Another minus is the price, I payed 44$ for it in Sephora, and compared with Clinique Almost Powder Makeup SPF 15 - an equally good product, which I ordered for 28$ from StrawberryNet, it is very expensive.
The packaging is ok, cute case with a mirror, and I would buy this again, despite the price, because I enjoy the skin-like feel of the powder and oil control.

on 8/9/2011 4:13:00 PM

I bought this on special offer for £13, in Honey Beige (for reference, I'm NC30-35) and I'm soooo glad I didn't pay full price for this!! I love how the foundation makes me look - poreless, porcelain-like skin that's soft and matte. However when I washed it off at night after wearing it for a few hours (no more than 5), I found my face covered in numerous small pimples. Now, my skin has pretty much been 100% blemish free since I started using the Acne.org treatment. Needless to say I was shocked when my skin reacted like this to the foundation. But because of the lovely finish it provides, I decided to give it a second chance this morning. BIG MISTAKE. Same thing happened, and I'm so upset :( My wedding is in a month, I should've known better than to experiment with new products right now!!

I'd only recommend it if breakout has never been an issue for you.

on 8/6/2011 9:45:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I am on my second pan and I absolutely LOVE this powder foundation. I have gotten compliments with this. I have oily skin and have to blot with this (i have to blot with everything, though), but it's been a hot summer here and my makeup still looks good after blotting. It doesn't add oil to my skin, and the finish is natural. This lasts all day at work for me if I blot. The color match is excellent. I'm an NC 25 and warm vanilla is perfect. It doesn't go on powdery (like yves st lauren). I will keep using this as long as they make it. My search for powder foundation has ended. And, it's at ULTA, so it is easy to get more when i run out. LOVE IT!!!
UPDATE: it is better than most powders, but is looking too powdery and unnatural. i am still looking.

on 7/28/2011 10:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

So this claims to be buildable coverage and help to minimize pores and control oil...for me I use it as a setting powder. I needed a powder with some color to it as I've gotten a little dark this summer. My transulcent powder just wasn't cutting it. I also wanted something to add some coverage. After researching I decided on this. For me it helps oil just a tad, it's no miracle. As far as my pores are concerned that look about the same. Coverage, well I can see where people who want full coverage would run out quickly but for me it'll last because I do a light layer. But I like it so much because when I do get oily it doesn't change color or put that weird artificial glow on my skin that lots of powders do (ones that are packed full of Mica). The packaging is cute but bulky. I don't use sponges that come with powders ever so in my opinion they could have ditched the sponge and used about 25% less plastic to make this slimmer, which probably would have cut down on the cost. But that's just me being picky... good powder though, I like it and would repurchase. For reference I'm about an NC 25 right now and I have this in perfect nude. The undertones of perfect nude aren't very yellow or pink, just neutral.

on 7/14/2011 5:07:00 PM

i dont use this as a powder foundation (because personally, i hate how powder foundations make people look), but as a setting powder and it works great. it mattifies wonderfully without leaving behind a dry sensation and it stays on all night. i use it in warm vanilla which matches me perfectly, although their limited selection is a bit worrisome.

on 7/14/2011 4:32:00 PM

I really liked how this powder FELT - it almost has a cool (temperature) feeling to it and it is so soft and silky.

A lot of reviewers said this was sheer on them - however on my skin I thought this had medium-good coverage. I used a blush brush to apply. I also got the Too Faced vanilla concealer to use under this. I liked the combo.

I agree that the color selection is too limited. I was in-between colors and ultimately that is why I stopped using this, combined with the fact that it's much spendier than my normal drug-store makeup. There is a deceptively small amout of product in the container.

I do think it is a good product though - specifically for people looking for a lightweight medium coverage makeup. I never tried applying with the included sponge, so I can't comment on that.