September 16, 2014 | 2009 users online

Powder - Too Faced - AMAZING FACE SPF FOUNDATION

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2011 8:15:00 AM More reviews by psmitty

Nice pale shade and look, decent lasting power and convenience- too bad it irritated my sensitive skin and gave me breakouts. I blended it on my neck and even had bumps there! My skin was fine beforehand. Too bad.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2011 9:21:00 AM More reviews by Temple

My skin: I have combination acne prone skin with visible pores and blackheads. Lately, since using exfoliants like there is no tomorrow, it has improved a great deal. It is a lot less oily - some days is even on the dry side from all that exfoliation, but I still have dilated pores on my T zone and blackheads.
Usage: I used it on its own after moisturizing and sunscreen, every morning (no additional foundation/tinted moisturizer or anything else). This powder foundation applies indeed easily without to much fuss. I have used the sponge that comes with the powder, but for a better application, a brush would be recommended.
Pros: After using a whole powder case, it has not broken me out, controls oil very well, goes over the skin like silk, leaves a matte powdery finish which, after blending with your face oils, becomes skin like, provides light-medium coverage (I did not try to build it up because I like the more natural look). Minimizes the appearance of pores (not entirely but enough) and it feels as if I have nothing on, which is very important to me.
Cons: I have a fair-medium complexion, and while the color Warm Vanilla was too light for me, Perfect Nude which I ended up buying, was a little too dark (in Sephora, with their lights, seemed perfect). I used it up as it was, but the limited color selection could be an impediment. Second, after reading Paula Begoun's review regarding this powder, it seems it has no reliable UVA protection. That makes the SPF 15 useless, but it shouldn't matter if sunscreen is used before applying this powder. Another minus is the price, I payed 44$ for it in Sephora, and compared with Clinique Almost Powder Makeup SPF 15 - an equally good product, which I ordered for 28$ from StrawberryNet, it is very expensive.
The packaging is ok, cute case with a mirror, and I would buy this again, despite the price, because I enjoy the skin-like feel of the powder and oil control.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2011 4:13:00 PM More reviews by niff524

I bought this on special offer for £13, in Honey Beige (for reference, I'm NC30-35) and I'm soooo glad I didn't pay full price for this!! I love how the foundation makes me look - poreless, porcelain-like skin that's soft and matte. However when I washed it off at night after wearing it for a few hours (no more than 5), I found my face covered in numerous small pimples. Now, my skin has pretty much been 100% blemish free since I started using the Acne.org treatment. Needless to say I was shocked when my skin reacted like this to the foundation. But because of the lovely finish it provides, I decided to give it a second chance this morning. BIG MISTAKE. Same thing happened, and I'm so upset :( My wedding is in a month, I should've known better than to experiment with new products right now!!

I'd only recommend it if breakout has never been an issue for you.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2011 9:45:00 AM More reviews by LoriLond

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am on my second pan and I absolutely LOVE this powder foundation. I have gotten compliments with this. I have oily skin and have to blot with this (i have to blot with everything, though), but it's been a hot summer here and my makeup still looks good after blotting. It doesn't add oil to my skin, and the finish is natural. This lasts all day at work for me if I blot. The color match is excellent. I'm an NC 25 and warm vanilla is perfect. It doesn't go on powdery (like yves st lauren). I will keep using this as long as they make it. My search for powder foundation has ended. And, it's at ULTA, so it is easy to get more when i run out. LOVE IT!!!
UPDATE: it is better than most powders, but is looking too powdery and unnatural. i am still looking.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2011 10:16:00 AM More reviews by rockangel04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

So this claims to be buildable coverage and help to minimize pores and control oil...for me I use it as a setting powder. I needed a powder with some color to it as I've gotten a little dark this summer. My transulcent powder just wasn't cutting it. I also wanted something to add some coverage. After researching I decided on this. For me it helps oil just a tad, it's no miracle. As far as my pores are concerned that look about the same. Coverage, well I can see where people who want full coverage would run out quickly but for me it'll last because I do a light layer. But I like it so much because when I do get oily it doesn't change color or put that weird artificial glow on my skin that lots of powders do (ones that are packed full of Mica). The packaging is cute but bulky. I don't use sponges that come with powders ever so in my opinion they could have ditched the sponge and used about 25% less plastic to make this slimmer, which probably would have cut down on the cost. But that's just me being picky... good powder though, I like it and would repurchase. For reference I'm about an NC 25 right now and I have this in perfect nude. The undertones of perfect nude aren't very yellow or pink, just neutral.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2011 5:07:00 PM More reviews by xrainbowbarf

i dont use this as a powder foundation (because personally, i hate how powder foundations make people look), but as a setting powder and it works great. it mattifies wonderfully without leaving behind a dry sensation and it stays on all night. i use it in warm vanilla which matches me perfectly, although their limited selection is a bit worrisome.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/14/2011 4:32:00 PM More reviews by alex193

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really liked how this powder FELT - it almost has a cool (temperature) feeling to it and it is so soft and silky.

A lot of reviewers said this was sheer on them - however on my skin I thought this had medium-good coverage. I used a blush brush to apply. I also got the Too Faced vanilla concealer to use under this. I liked the combo.

I agree that the color selection is too limited. I was in-between colors and ultimately that is why I stopped using this, combined with the fact that it's much spendier than my normal drug-store makeup. There is a deceptively small amout of product in the container.

I do think it is a good product though - specifically for people looking for a lightweight medium coverage makeup. I never tried applying with the included sponge, so I can't comment on that.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/4/2011 1:12:00 AM More reviews by htrrr0

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is decent. It blends great, does not cake, leaves my skin very soft, and does not make my skin more oily than it already is. However, the shade selection of this product is very limited. It works great and meets all my standards, but it isn't anything special that makes me go 'wow.' I wish the coverage was heavier. It is a highly sheer powder.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2011 6:03:00 PM More reviews by jkpetite

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I bought this because I was looking for a replacement to my EDM foundation. I'm still a huge fan of EDM but have to leave the power foundations alone as they no longer agree with my aging skin. A friend recommended this foundation, with the caveat that it was expensive (it is - $32) but works really well with aging skin. I normally steer clear of H/E stuff because I just can't bring myself to drop that much money on ONE item. But, I took a chance and almost immediately had buyers remorse. You don't even get a full ounce of product for the super high price. I could tell it wouldn't take long before I hit the bottom of the pan. So, I promptly returned it and felt almost immediate relief. The product itself is pretty good. It gives medium, buildable coverage but I can't stomach paying so much for so little. I wouldn't buy again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2011 5:57:00 PM More reviews by LuvsMakeup82

I do like this foundation. It's convenient and looks pretty natural. The coverage is pretty good, but for someone who needs more of it you have to either keep building it up or get a good concealer to use with it. It does a pretty good job of evening out the skin tone without much effort,and I think the sponge works well with it. All that said, I'm not satisfied with how little is actually in the pan. It's easier to use up cause the formula is dustier, and especially if you need more coverage you're going to need to use up more at once. I hadn't used it that many times and already I started to see the pan come through. Maybe im just comparing it to other powder foundations that take forever to use up, im not sure. I know I dont use ths THAT often and it still went fast. Even though I like it and it's easy to use, $32 seems like a lot to spend if you're going to use it up that quickly. I know there are people out there who might not have to use that much or who don't have as much to conceal, but for gals that do (girls with darker or redder scarring), you'll go though this too quickly. It's a decent foundation, just not sure about the price for what you get.