April 20, 2014 | 1333 users online

Powder - Too Faced - AMAZING FACE SPF FOUNDATION

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2011 9:45:00 AM More reviews by LoriLond

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am on my second pan and I absolutely LOVE this powder foundation. I have gotten compliments with this. I have oily skin and have to blot with this (i have to blot with everything, though), but it's been a hot summer here and my makeup still looks good after blotting. It doesn't add oil to my skin, and the finish is natural. This lasts all day at work for me if I blot. The color match is excellent. I'm an NC 25 and warm vanilla is perfect. It doesn't go on powdery (like yves st lauren). I will keep using this as long as they make it. My search for powder foundation has ended. And, it's at ULTA, so it is easy to get more when i run out. LOVE IT!!!
UPDATE: it is better than most powders, but is looking too powdery and unnatural. i am still looking.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2011 10:16:00 AM More reviews by rockangel04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

So this claims to be buildable coverage and help to minimize pores and control oil...for me I use it as a setting powder. I needed a powder with some color to it as I've gotten a little dark this summer. My transulcent powder just wasn't cutting it. I also wanted something to add some coverage. After researching I decided on this. For me it helps oil just a tad, it's no miracle. As far as my pores are concerned that look about the same. Coverage, well I can see where people who want full coverage would run out quickly but for me it'll last because I do a light layer. But I like it so much because when I do get oily it doesn't change color or put that weird artificial glow on my skin that lots of powders do (ones that are packed full of Mica). The packaging is cute but bulky. I don't use sponges that come with powders ever so in my opinion they could have ditched the sponge and used about 25% less plastic to make this slimmer, which probably would have cut down on the cost. But that's just me being picky... good powder though, I like it and would repurchase. For reference I'm about an NC 25 right now and I have this in perfect nude. The undertones of perfect nude aren't very yellow or pink, just neutral.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2011 5:07:00 PM More reviews by xrainbowbarf

i dont use this as a powder foundation (because personally, i hate how powder foundations make people look), but as a setting powder and it works great. it mattifies wonderfully without leaving behind a dry sensation and it stays on all night. i use it in warm vanilla which matches me perfectly, although their limited selection is a bit worrisome.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/14/2011 4:32:00 PM More reviews by alex193

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really liked how this powder FELT - it almost has a cool (temperature) feeling to it and it is so soft and silky.

A lot of reviewers said this was sheer on them - however on my skin I thought this had medium-good coverage. I used a blush brush to apply. I also got the Too Faced vanilla concealer to use under this. I liked the combo.

I agree that the color selection is too limited. I was in-between colors and ultimately that is why I stopped using this, combined with the fact that it's much spendier than my normal drug-store makeup. There is a deceptively small amout of product in the container.

I do think it is a good product though - specifically for people looking for a lightweight medium coverage makeup. I never tried applying with the included sponge, so I can't comment on that.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/4/2011 1:12:00 AM More reviews by htrrr0

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is decent. It blends great, does not cake, leaves my skin very soft, and does not make my skin more oily than it already is. However, the shade selection of this product is very limited. It works great and meets all my standards, but it isn't anything special that makes me go 'wow.' I wish the coverage was heavier. It is a highly sheer powder.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2011 6:03:00 PM More reviews by jkpetite

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I bought this because I was looking for a replacement to my EDM foundation. I'm still a huge fan of EDM but have to leave the power foundations alone as they no longer agree with my aging skin. A friend recommended this foundation, with the caveat that it was expensive (it is - $32) but works really well with aging skin. I normally steer clear of H/E stuff because I just can't bring myself to drop that much money on ONE item. But, I took a chance and almost immediately had buyers remorse. You don't even get a full ounce of product for the super high price. I could tell it wouldn't take long before I hit the bottom of the pan. So, I promptly returned it and felt almost immediate relief. The product itself is pretty good. It gives medium, buildable coverage but I can't stomach paying so much for so little. I wouldn't buy again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2011 5:57:00 PM More reviews by LuvsMakeup82

I do like this foundation. It's convenient and looks pretty natural. The coverage is pretty good, but for someone who needs more of it you have to either keep building it up or get a good concealer to use with it. It does a pretty good job of evening out the skin tone without much effort,and I think the sponge works well with it. All that said, I'm not satisfied with how little is actually in the pan. It's easier to use up cause the formula is dustier, and especially if you need more coverage you're going to need to use up more at once. I hadn't used it that many times and already I started to see the pan come through. Maybe im just comparing it to other powder foundations that take forever to use up, im not sure. I know I dont use ths THAT often and it still went fast. Even though I like it and it's easy to use, $32 seems like a lot to spend if you're going to use it up that quickly. I know there are people out there who might not have to use that much or who don't have as much to conceal, but for gals that do (girls with darker or redder scarring), you'll go though this too quickly. It's a decent foundation, just not sure about the price for what you get.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2011 3:43:00 PM More reviews by KileyMc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

As a powder fdtn hoor I had high expectations for this due to all the positive reviews. Sigh. This was not a win for me. Very, very light coverage. I'd even say minimal and could/should be used as a setting powder for most. I don't mind using concealer first on my broken caps or other flaws but this would not blend over the concealer and "pooled up" somehow on my nose and cheeks. It was patchy and pasty. Give it 2 stars for no oxidation ( a big problem for me) and good color range, though small. I don't know if it's the formulation or the milling but this powder just would not blend and stuck on in odd patches looking horrible. Up for swap!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2011 7:25:00 PM More reviews by MiamiMortimer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

When I first tried this product - having purchased it from ASOS for considerably less than it was priced on the Two Faced websites and various sites I checked - I wasn't convinced that it was worthy of all the positive reviews. I can now safely say my opinion has been revised having worn it for a day.

I have very light skin, and it is is often a struggle to find foundations that are a) pale enough and b) don't oxidise and darken on my t-zone. When I applied the powder to my Gosh primed skin, using a flat topped kabuki brush, I thought it was going to be too orangey. I bought the palest shade, Vanilla Creme, so it would have been a nuaisance if it had been. I applied plenty of powder, and while I noticed that it applied beautifully with minimal dryness (which I knew would vanish anyway, once my skin produced any bit of oil) I detected a distinct orangey tinge. I kept going and finished my makeup, then got on with my day.

Throughout the day I glanced in the mirror and was impressed with the powder's durability. It didn't go shiny at any stage, which is most unusual for any foundation on my skin - my face usually sports an oily t-zone, requiring brisk powdering, by about 3pm each day. It looked really natural, and the orange I had thought I had seen was not there once it had time to sink into the skin.

It came into its own particularly at night, when it made my skin look positively flawless and very porcelain-like. I liked that it didn't fade from above and below my lips, which some foundations I own have been doing when subjected to sweat or heat of any type. The real test for this foundation will be whether it can withstand a day of rushing around at work (I'm a waitress). Updates on that one later, but for the time being I definitely recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2011 9:48:00 PM More reviews by twnkldv2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have purchased this product five times and I am absolutely in love! I have always had a very difficult time finding a product that didn't turn my fair skin with pink undertones a weird orange tint. I decided to invest in this fairly pricey powder foundation (I use vanilla creme) and it matches my skin perfectly! It creates a perfectly even, matte finish and can be used as either a slightly sheer powder or can be built on as more of a foundation. I use this with cheap-o concealer and it hides blemishes flawlessly. This is an AMAZING product that is worth every penny!