Too Faced AMAZING FACE SPF FOUNDATION

Talc, Silica, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Dimethicone, Serenoa Serrulata Fruit Extract, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Extract, Argania Spinosa Kernel Extract, Bambusa Arundinacea Stem Powder, Octyldodecyl Stearate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol. ( /-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

on 1/22/2012 4:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Every 6-9 months I seem to go through a crazy buy-and-return phase in search of the perfect powder foundation. I have repeatedly tried liquids or sticks, but they never work for me as they seem to either ball up and not spread over layered-with-product, irritated skin, or feel heavy, thick and mask-like. In theory, I'd like a medium to full powder foundation that looks creamy-ish after about an hour of wear, covers blemishes and creates a "one color" look, settles in and is neither super matte nor greasy looking.

My HG powder foundation for many years was, believe it or not, Lancome Dual Finish in the unscented version, but a few years ago either my skin changed or the colors did, because I can't seem to find a color match anymore (nor does their fragrance-free version seem to be fragrance free? Last time I purchased it smelled the same -- that granny scent I can't stand -- as their regular version.)

Anyway, I tried this product last year and ended up taking it back, but can't remember why -- probably because I was experimenting with different treatments and my skin was too dry to tolerate the formula. Upon coming back to it, I find that most importantly, the second lightest shade (Warm Vanilla?) matches my neutral skin perfectly without leaving a grey or orange cast, and covers redness. I did have the usual mid-day slight flaking effect after it started to wear off which just seems to be an inevitable result of product build up and dry skin, but was able to kind of wipe it off and reapply to nice effect. For me, using a lot of this over the cheek area/near the nose makes my pores look huge, so I just do a very light dusting over the whole face with a more concentrated application on chin, nose, lower cheeks and forehead. I apply this with a kabuki over treatment cream, moisturizing sunscreen, reg. moisturizer (if nec) and concealer for spots. Haven't had a terrible experience with extra application of concealer over the powder later in the day, as another reviewer stated.

Overall, I'm giving this a 3 for perfect color match and a nice, nonirritating formula with some SPF. HG would be creamier looking, settle in better (no settling in to pores near the nose), last longer and still not break me out. A girl can dream...

EDIT: I remember now why I took it back -- the formula is too chalky and dry for my skin, never totally sinks in and looks weird and obvious on dry patches. Oh well. Keeping for touch ups and the sunscreen, back to the Lancome for powder foundation...

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I have this in the lightest shade and yet its still a little dark for me. Amazing coverage, it just smells exactly like sunscreen. Its uber strong too. I know I'll be using this a lot in the summer, but for now its just sitting in my collection and making it look pretty.

on 1/7/2012 1:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have this in the lightest shade available (Vanilla Creme),which was recommended by a salesperson at Ulta. It is, however, too light and chalky looking for my whole face, even in the winter. I may repurchase in the next shade, but for now, I love to use this as a concealer under my other powder foundation (Palladio wet/dry). It is a really creamy powder formula, and I find that it works great under my eyes and covering up redness and flaws prior to applying my foundation. I always make sure to moisturize my face well, and use an effective eye cream before using this, though. It needs a moist face as well as a good concealer brush. Really good coverage and staying power, but it is a bit expensive. Probably not effective for very dry and/or aging skin.

on 12/25/2011 8:01:00 PM

I really like the silky feeling of this foundatiomn, but to me it SMELLS JUST LIKE SUN SCREEN, probably because of the SPF but I didn't expect it. Also the shade Vanilla Creme is too dark for me, when I first put it on it is fine but later throughout the day my friend said to me that I looked ORANGE and I was, so I wish I could like this foundation but It cakes too easily and there wasn't anything I liked about it so, A pass for me.

on 11/2/2011 1:13:00 PM

I'm loving this right now and it's my favourite pressed powder so far, and I tried many. I found perfect shade too, vanilla creme, which isn't so easy when you look like snowhite. Makes my skin poreless, flawless, porcelain-like. I controls shine for a couple of hours which isn't too long, but I have yet to find one that will last longer (I belive, with my combination-oil-slick of a skin, that is an urban legend). It's so soft and velvety on the skin, doesn't cause build up which sometimes can be the case with other foundations. I do touch ups only on my forehead and nose and it's perfect, luuuv it!

on 10/2/2011 8:15:00 AM

Nice pale shade and look, decent lasting power and convenience- too bad it irritated my sensitive skin and gave me breakouts. I blended it on my neck and even had bumps there! My skin was fine beforehand. Too bad.

on 9/13/2011 9:21:00 AM

My skin: I have combination acne prone skin with visible pores and blackheads. Lately, since using exfoliants like there is no tomorrow, it has improved a great deal. It is a lot less oily - some days is even on the dry side from all that exfoliation, but I still have dilated pores on my T zone and blackheads.
Usage: I used it on its own after moisturizing and sunscreen, every morning (no additional foundation/tinted moisturizer or anything else). This powder foundation applies indeed easily without to much fuss. I have used the sponge that comes with the powder, but for a better application, a brush would be recommended.
Pros: After using a whole powder case, it has not broken me out, controls oil very well, goes over the skin like silk, leaves a matte powdery finish which, after blending with your face oils, becomes skin like, provides light-medium coverage (I did not try to build it up because I like the more natural look). Minimizes the appearance of pores (not entirely but enough) and it feels as if I have nothing on, which is very important to me.
Cons: I have a fair-medium complexion, and while the color Warm Vanilla was too light for me, Perfect Nude which I ended up buying, was a little too dark (in Sephora, with their lights, seemed perfect). I used it up as it was, but the limited color selection could be an impediment. Second, after reading Paula Begoun's review regarding this powder, it seems it has no reliable UVA protection. That makes the SPF 15 useless, but it shouldn't matter if sunscreen is used before applying this powder. Another minus is the price, I payed 44$ for it in Sephora, and compared with Clinique Almost Powder Makeup SPF 15 - an equally good product, which I ordered for 28$ from StrawberryNet, it is very expensive.
The packaging is ok, cute case with a mirror, and I would buy this again, despite the price, because I enjoy the skin-like feel of the powder and oil control.

on 8/9/2011 4:13:00 PM

I bought this on special offer for £13, in Honey Beige (for reference, I'm NC30-35) and I'm soooo glad I didn't pay full price for this!! I love how the foundation makes me look - poreless, porcelain-like skin that's soft and matte. However when I washed it off at night after wearing it for a few hours (no more than 5), I found my face covered in numerous small pimples. Now, my skin has pretty much been 100% blemish free since I started using the Acne.org treatment. Needless to say I was shocked when my skin reacted like this to the foundation. But because of the lovely finish it provides, I decided to give it a second chance this morning. BIG MISTAKE. Same thing happened, and I'm so upset :( My wedding is in a month, I should've known better than to experiment with new products right now!!

I'd only recommend it if breakout has never been an issue for you.

on 8/6/2011 9:45:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I am on my second pan and I absolutely LOVE this powder foundation. I have gotten compliments with this. I have oily skin and have to blot with this (i have to blot with everything, though), but it's been a hot summer here and my makeup still looks good after blotting. It doesn't add oil to my skin, and the finish is natural. This lasts all day at work for me if I blot. The color match is excellent. I'm an NC 25 and warm vanilla is perfect. It doesn't go on powdery (like yves st lauren). I will keep using this as long as they make it. My search for powder foundation has ended. And, it's at ULTA, so it is easy to get more when i run out. LOVE IT!!!
UPDATE: it is better than most powders, but is looking too powdery and unnatural. i am still looking.

on 7/28/2011 10:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

So this claims to be buildable coverage and help to minimize pores and control oil...for me I use it as a setting powder. I needed a powder with some color to it as I've gotten a little dark this summer. My transulcent powder just wasn't cutting it. I also wanted something to add some coverage. After researching I decided on this. For me it helps oil just a tad, it's no miracle. As far as my pores are concerned that look about the same. Coverage, well I can see where people who want full coverage would run out quickly but for me it'll last because I do a light layer. But I like it so much because when I do get oily it doesn't change color or put that weird artificial glow on my skin that lots of powders do (ones that are packed full of Mica). The packaging is cute but bulky. I don't use sponges that come with powders ever so in my opinion they could have ditched the sponge and used about 25% less plastic to make this slimmer, which probably would have cut down on the cost. But that's just me being picky... good powder though, I like it and would repurchase. For reference I'm about an NC 25 right now and I have this in perfect nude. The undertones of perfect nude aren't very yellow or pink, just neutral.