Conair Infiniti You Curl No Clamp Curling Iron

4.6

on 8/19/2012 2:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I have been using this curling iron for more than a year, and it is still one of my favorites to this date. I wanted a cheaper alternative to the no clamp curling wands and decided to try this one.

It takes a while to get used to, but if you are careful and know how to use it correctly, then you end up with beautiful, beach like waves/curls. I have never burnt myself using this, and I don't use any gloves, you just have to be careful, as when using any hot tool.

I am sure that most people already know the technique to use when curling your hair with a curling wand, but just incase, the trick is to hold it upside down and wrap your hair around it. If you do it correctly, I don't see why you would be unsatisfied with this curling iron! The curls you get from this are quite different from a normal curling iron, so you might want to check out demonstration videos before buying it.

The only problem I have with this curling iron is that is is difficult to curl the bottom layers of my hair because they are shorter and tend to slide down the curling iron. My trick is to just curl the ends of my hair on the bottom layers, because the top isn't seen anyway. But if I really want that part curled I will just curl them in two-steps! That seems to do the trick.

I would definitely recommend this product to anyone who likes the whole loose, beachy waves look. This curling iron is very versatile to how the curls come out. By playing around with the time, and heat setting you can play around until you find the perfect curl for your hair.

on 7/27/2012 4:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was so excited when I bought this about 5 months ago. Then I tried to use it. It is very difficult to use and impossible to make a cute curl. My hair ends up looking flat with narrow curls and then the ends are just normal, with no curl. It looks really weird every time I have tried to do it. I think the ones without the tapering barrel would be much better. I wish I had returned this but its too late now and I never use it! ...anyone want to buy it? haha just kidding, don't buy this.

Sidenote: I have pretty long hair (mid-back) and I definitely think this might be better for short, bob length hair.

on 7/18/2012 2:22:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I adore this curling wand!!! It's so amazing every time I wear my hair curly I ALWAYS get compliments! It's great and you get to choose a heat setting. And best part NO clamp creases!! (HATE those) it's good for tight curls or loose and easy to do. Takes me 30 minutes in the morning and overall an amazing product!:)

on 7/16/2012 12:09:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I like the idea of the clipless iron and I do like the spiral curls it creates...however, the barrel is too slippery! I don't know whose idea it was to make it a pointed end, but it means that all the hair slides down to the bottom of the point and results in a very tight curl, PLUS it's easy to burn yourself. I've seen newer no-clamp irons coming out that are not pointed, just a uniformly-sized barrel, and I think I'm going to break down and buy one. I like the idea of this, and the look it creates, but with the pointed slippery barrel it's just too much work.

on 6/28/2012 5:43:00 PM

My friend recently did my hair with hers right before a dinner and it looked amazing! I also saw a girl at school with cute curls and she said she used a Conair You-Curl! That was enough to convince me to get one. I picked mine up at Walgreens for $24.99 ($27 with tax) and love it!!!! I was torn between this one and another but then saw this one has temperature adjustments and a three finger heat-resistance glove!! Same price but more for the money! I used Got2Be heat protectant spray and curled away! It was tricky to use at first but after about 3 uses I finally got the hang of it! Definatly a hair styling staple for girls short on time but high in matinence!

Didn't like it much. The barrel proved to be very slippery and the 3 finger glove is just impractical. Didn't get the results I wanted and the price just isn't worth the trouble. I got a Karmin Clipless curling iron from safrons and it's been 100 times better than this.

on 6/21/2012 9:35:00 PM

i tried this and had to return it. most nonsensical product ever. so difficult to work with and i have long hair!! so its not like its short and doesnt have enough hair to work with. dumb. not worth the 30 or more dollars i paid for it, thankfully Target took it back. and the packaging sucks!!!! dont recommend. i bought a regular good quality curling iron with a clamp from sally beauty, its brand is called one n only and it came with argan oil! way better than this mess. save your money.

on 6/15/2012 4:52:00 PM

I got mine on sale for 20$, what a steal for such a great product!! I've owned hot tools curling irons and conair and let me tell you, even with a clamp, conair delivers so much better than any hot tools item I've ever bought. Since my hair has a natural wave to it, I find that styling with a curling wand is faster than straightening my hair. So what I do is separate my hair into 3 sections (closest to my neck, moving up towards the top of my head). Then, with each section I split it into right and left, and then curl each of those sections with two curls (if I do the right side of my head, I hold my hair with my right hand and the wand with my left). I curl away from my face. I do this for all 3 horizontal sections and when I have them all done, I touch them up a bit and let them cool. Then after 5 minutes or so I comb through them with a wide tooth comb, apply some smoothing milk to the ends to smooth out the waves, and this style will look great for up to 3 days!! In fact, the second day almost looks better than the first. This wand heats up so fast and is so easy and quick to use, plus so small and portable, great for trips when you don't want to take a whole bunch of stuff. my HG hair item.

I love how quickly this wand heats up and the different heat settings is nice. It's my first no clamp curling iron and I absolutely love it. The cord moves with you doesn't tangle easy.

on 6/11/2012 2:11:00 AM

I don't know how they do it but I've never found a hair curler that not only curls my hair faster but also creates curls that stay in tact for longer. I used to spend 45 minutes curling my hair, having to hold the curler for 30 seconds with each curl. With the YouCurl, I only have to hold the curler for 5 seconds to create the same curl.

It's amazing, this is my HG curler. I was so happy with it that I bought the smaller and larger barrel sizes.

Popular Hair Styling Tools