April 16, 2014 | 1792 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Rejuvenating Lip Balm with Acai Berry

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2011 6:03:00 PM More reviews by chayaNY

I have a condition causing dry lips so I am never without lip balm and try new ones all the time. I have tried several in this line, this is my least favorite. I thought it would be a deep berry color given the color of the cap. Another BB balm has a berry colored cap and the balm is the same color. The balms taste is not great to me, its moisturizing but no more so than any other out there. There is just nothing special to warrant a repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/12/2011 5:14:00 PM More reviews by livelaughlovelots

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Burt's Bees definately managed to turn actual acai berry into something of a sugared up and candy-like flavor. In reality, it is far from that flavor, but it is a super fruit. The scent of this balm is what struck me as unique. It is very strong for something completely natural. It also is extremely girly for a scent. It smells like candy, specifically like Sweet Tarts. Many people were saying that it smelled like Flintstones Gummy Vitamins. Having those specific vitamins downstairs, I compared the smells with the conclusion that the smells are somewhat similar, but not the same and more different than one might think. I couldn't imagine a guy using this, and I doubt one would, especially when it is sporting a purple cap. One of the reasons people say they love the colors so much is because the purple cap and yellow tube are complementary colors, which means that they are pleasing to the eye. The texture is anything but waxy like the original. It is more closer texture-wise to the Burt's Bees Nourishing Lip Balm with Mango Butter. It's very oily and doesn't really last very long. It does do an amazing job of moisturizing though! It glides right onto the lips and the creamy formula practically transforms your lips into soft and non-cracked (or lined, for that matter) skin. I wouldn't wear this if I was going to be out and about in the cold or windy weather though, unless I put it on first for a burst of moisture and put something more waxier over top to enforce that my lips take to this lip balm and not loose any moisture in the process. It gives a nice subtle healthy shine to the lips when it is on, something that I thought would be worth mentioning. Not quite matte. There is also another acai berry lip balm made that I tried. Made by Mountian Organix, not quite a company, more of a home-made buisness proudly has similar lip products to Burt's Bees. Their website is made so you can order their products ($3 for a lip balm, another similarity). They have a honey, peppermint, and an acai berry lip balm, just like old Burt's. I tried acai berry and buttercream, and their acai berry was pleasing but yet not pleasing. It smelled similar to grape juice, but at the same time, it had an aftersmell, which made it smell like twisted and rotten grapes. It surprised me that this did not smell as bad. The price of this lip balm is something I always forget to mention, due to the fact that I have written so many reviews on Burt's Bees (this is my 4th, I believe) and tried many more of their lip balms. For $3, it is not expensive at all, but it could be cheaper. I suppose I am not complaining though. This product is not very common or popular, but since Walmart has a whole Burt's Bees section in the beauty aisle, it wasn't that difficult to find. Overall, a nice product and I am glad that I tried it. I would repurchase, if I ever use mine up, sometimes I get tired of something so sickeningly sweet on my lips. It is a mood booster though. I would completely reccomend if a person's personality calls for it.
Edit 2/2/2012:
Alright, as I have mentioned, it as a smell exactly like sweet tarts. A strong smell at that. Yeah....I dropped the candy-scented stuff when I was in Middle School. Gag. It smells great and all, but it gets sickening after a while. I feel like I wasted $3, because I woln't use it that much, but yet I can't bring myself to give it away because it still works surberb. Maybe it will just be a lip balm to put in my purse and keep it there, or even a lip balm to throw in my car. I probably woln't repurchase unless the mood strikes me or I become "over" the smell of strong candy, and I really should lower the score to 3 lipsticks. However, I honestly enjoyed it the first week or so when I wrote this original review, so I cannot do that.
Edit 3/18/2012:
Lowering the rating to 3 lipsticks. I honestly cannot stand to use this very often, I am just trying to use it up at this point, which isn't an easy task. But, a reminder, it works. It works. It works. It works. But I really woln't repurchase again. So many of the other Burt's Bees lip balms are too fab to waste time on this one!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2011 10:54:00 PM More reviews by Dance41

Ehh...it's definitely better the original beeswax, which is just a slick of waxy gunk on your lips, but the smell is almost confusing...it does remind me of flinstones vitamins in a way, and cough syrup...but it's DELICIOUSLY GOOD too. I will put it on and people are like, whoa what is that smell, and I'll say the name of this lip balm and they'll go and buy it cause it smells so good. The taste is sweet and not revolting like the original beeswax, with a chemically minty aftertaste. The texture is easy to apply, it leaves lips soft and smooth, but it's annoying cause it soaks in super fast. I guess that's good for just having moist lips and kidding and all, but for just everyday wear in harsh conditions I'll have to reapply a lot...but I don't use this as much as my EOS which is amazing or my nivea kiss of smoothness.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2011 1:50:00 AM More reviews by arwynundomiel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried this variety of Burt's Bees lip balm because it was included in a lot of Pomegranate Oil balms I purchased on Ebay (12 new for the price of one at the store!). While the Pomegranate remains my favorite, I like this one too. The fruity and vaguely herbal scent is mild and inoffensive (unlike Burt's Bees honey lip balm - ugh!), and goes on clear. But for some reason this one doesn't moisturize as well as the other. The texture is a bit thicker and slightly waxy, not as smooth and soft. I have to put on a lot more to get the level of moisture I like, causing the product to build up a bit. There is little if any shine from this, but it is a balm rather than a gloss. All in all, I'm rather ambivalent about it. There's nothing really wrong with it, but nothing I dislike either. I have no problem using it, but I probably wouldn't go out of my way to buy it again. If it's included in a lot of lip balms like before, then yes, I suppose I would get it then. Not exactly a ringing endorsement, but not a stinging condemnation either.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2011 3:45:00 PM More reviews by ceww

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

My favourite of the Burts Bees lip balms. Does what it says and I prefer it because it hasn't got the mint. I use it daily and also under my lipstick.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2011 4:08:00 PM More reviews by erinjmt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This lip balm is soothing, super moisturizing, and long lasting. It's not tingly like the peppermint Burt's Bees I had used for years, which makes it much more useful in my opinion. It smells nice, tastes nice, and the packaging is quality. One of the first things I reach for each day.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/15/2011 10:41:00 AM More reviews by pix335

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love the smell and the packaging, but unfortunately it does absolutely nothing for my lips. They are as dry and cracked as ever despite using this lip balm multiple times a day.
I should probably also mention that I am quite sensitive to lip balms and tend to have a bad reaction to a lot of them.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2011 8:14:00 PM More reviews by kimwhittkeli

Such a lovely smell! I always grab it just to smell it:) Everyone should also try the lipbalm with passionfruit or mango butter. They give such moisture and even better its all natural!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/25/2011 6:55:00 PM More reviews by bebexrc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Within seconds of putting this on, it feels like it just soaked thru my lips. I feel like I constantly have to re-apply because it "fades" really quickly.

I use this balm over lipsticks and sometimes when I'm staying at home, but if i'm going to be in the sun or (definitely) in the winter time, I will use a much stronger lip product.

It doesn't seem to do the job for me..although my lips do feel softer, its not fully moisturized.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2011 3:29:00 PM More reviews by HaydenGabba

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Does what it says "Soothing, Hydrating, Reviving. I really love all the burts bees lip balms. I have tried so many chap sticks and I can't seem to find one that actually works. I have heard that some lip balms really just dry your lips out so that you buy more... marketing scams. But I must say I fell in love with burts bees lippies!