April 16, 2014 | 1405 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Nourishing Lip Balm with Mango Butter

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2013 11:44:00 PM More reviews by babylips235

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like the honey one, but this not so much, I was really looking foward to this one because I thought it would have more scent & flavor, it did but not much flavor and the scent smelled like a rasberry pomergrante wendy's salad, & BUrts bees is amazing! It works great but it gets very cold in the winter here & when I put it on it seems like it freezez with my lips and dry's up once it hits the cold and wind, and then I try putting on more and it doesn't help, but it's perfect for summer.....just not mango.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2013 7:57:00 PM More reviews by AntiqueGlitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

For a basic, everyday lip balm, this lip balm doesn't disappoint.
One thing I love about Burt's Bees is that they're an organic brand, so there are never any artificial ingredients. You're probably thinking that its heavenly mango scent is added fragrance or some other fake ingredient, but it's not--it's from the mango butter, of course! One word: LOVE.
Okay, well, actually, I have to admit that sometimes the scent makes me sick and somewhat nauseous, but at other times I just want to inhale the mango-y goodness forever!
The number of other butters in the ingredients are contributors to the nice sheen this lip balm gives. So when I want a hint of moisturizing natural-looking shine, I just apply this.
The wear time isn't great--just a mere 2-3 hours--but that's the average wear time for lip balm, anyway.
The reason why I lowered the rating to a 4 is because its moisturizing aspects aren't exactly the best out there (Vaseline still wins this category), so if you have truly chapped, sucked-the-moisture-out-of-my-lips lips, then this lip balm isn't for you. But if you're like me and you just need a little moisture, then this is great!
Would I repurchase? Yes.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2013 7:23:00 PM More reviews by mailovelife

Bought this after my dad stole my beeswax one. I actually love this quite a lot, the texture is smooth and soft, and is very light weight and goes on smoothly. It smells fantastic, very fruity and tropical. It lasts pretty long, but I love applying it - it's addicting! It's about 4 dollars, which for me isn't that bad. The packaging is the classic tube with the swivel at the bottom. The lid goes on with a nice and secure snap, so there's no worrying about the lid coming off (like the Nivea tube ones)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2013 2:49:00 PM More reviews by Tinabear

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love the flavour of this balm - very fruity.
The texture is also lovely and it goes on very smoothly
nourishes my lips well.
The only downside to this balm is the fact that my lips feel dry after a couple of hours but I guess that's most lip balms for you.
I've yet to find one that hydrates my lips all day.

A lovely little lip balm but for the price I would not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/29/2012 1:10:00 PM More reviews by CuteMo

In general I've been disappointed in Burts Bees products, but my cat stole my HG balm (Dr. Bronner's and/or Rocky Mountain Soap) and I needed a new one ASAP. It smells nice, goes on smoothly, but that's it. It's too thin for my liking, and it doesn't feel like it's protecting my lips at all. I think this will be my last purchase from this company.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2012 8:44:00 PM More reviews by meganxoxo1996

OMGZ i absolutely love this lip balm! I bought the pomegranate one first, and then this one. i love that one too, but for me this one is more moisturizing. the smell is also nicer, its sooo yummy! tastes good too. it is so smooth and moisturizing and im that person with super chapped lips that literally applies chapstick like every half an hour but with this one i only apply like every 5 to 6 hours! AMAZING! my HG lip balm :)

rated 1 of 5 on 12/18/2012 7:01:00 PM More reviews by twistlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this product because i like that it was natural but i didn't like the scent. When i applied it , it tasted bitter, but it went on smooth because of the butter in it . It left my lips dryer, i had to put more on every 20 minutes .

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2012 1:37:00 PM More reviews by ShopaholicsAnonymous

This is the best smelling/best tasting lip balm I've ever used. I like it a lot more than the original Burt's Bees. I gave it 4 lippies instead of 5 because it COULD be a little more moisturizing, but overall I'm very happy with it and would recommend it to others.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/9/2012 3:17:00 PM More reviews by cindy604

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This product came with the pomegranate and original Burt's Bees balms in a cute little tin for $10.99CAD at Save-on-Foods. To be honest, the tin was really what convinced me to buy the set more than anything. I am a big fan of the original balm, and just lukewarm about the pomegranate version.

Turns out the mango butter version is also just average for me. It does what a lip balm should: moisturize the lips. It's soft and melts on your lips upon application. Even in the dead of Canadian winters, I've never had an issue with it not gliding easily. The smell is absolutely delicious and is the main reason I reach for it over the pomegranate balm.

However, it doesn't last very long on my lips, and in harsh winters I need something waxier to protect them from wind chap (Burt's Bees original). It also doesn't really rehydrate dry lips, more just coat them in a bit of mango-flavoured oil. It disappears after I eat or drink anything since it's quite thin in texture, but that's also part of the reason as to why it applies like a dream.

On its own, the balm is $4.50CAD before tax, and can be found in any drugstore. I won't repurchase on its own, but if it came as part of a set I would use it up before buying anything else. It's not a bad product, just not quite hefty enough to justify the high price tag. The smell is truly divine, and the product is cruelty-free!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2012 10:19:00 PM More reviews by Kalya

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am so glad that Burts Bees has a variety of lip balms! Using the same lip gloss can get boring.
The mango lipbalm is wonderful. It is more buttery than the mint BB lip balm. As a result it seems to last longer, although a bit stickier than other balms. I am fine with the scent.
Presently i am switching between the mango, pomegranate, mint and honey balms and loving it. This way, none of the balms gets repetitive but remains valuable!
Oh, and I also peel the wrappers off the balm tubes i have. Somehow that looks cleaner. Lol!