October 24, 2014 | 1749 users online

Eyeliner - Stila - Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2014 12:59:00 AM More reviews by xxlilyxx

This eyeliner is excellent. Stays in place all day and is a deep, dark black colour. I would contest their waterproof claims however, as I find that if it gets wet and is also touched in some way it will come up. E.g. if you poured water on your face it would not come off, but if you then even lightly wiped your eyes it probably would. It is very easy to apply, but i agree with other reviewers that the felt tip is better at the start, and the quality of it deteriorates slightly over time, making it harder to apply. I'm on my second one already. My first either dried out or was used up after about 18months. I didn't use it that often, but either way it lasted a very long time. Will definitely repurchase when my latest runs out/dries up.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/30/2014 4:34:00 PM More reviews by anasophy2

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this because: 1) As they say, "When in Sephora during a bit of a sale..." and 2) Epiphany was nearing so I thought I could splurge a little. 'Cause, hey, I deserved it, yeah? So I bought the dark brown shade and decided to wear it for dinner with friends after the holiday.

At first it worked very well, it was smooth and pigmented, but it would start to smudge after two hours. It would I attributed it to the fact that I have oily skin, monolids, and I live in a tropical island. After a two hours, maybe even less depending on what I was doing, I'd have like the light brown line where it should be and another one above in the crease. And I could feel the stickiness when you blinked and ew no. I could go to the bathroom and clean the line in the crease and after half an hour (or less) I'd start feeling it again.

Yesterday, however, I was going out with my best friend who I hadn't seen in more than a month and I thought "this ocassion deserves eye shadow." (No, srly tho, mostly because she was picking me up and she's always late, so I knew I had time to kill.) So I take out my Avon palette and afterwards do my eyeliner. That was 5pm and by 11pm it was almost perfect. Only the wings had faded away, the line was still there so I barely even mind.

I'll give it 3/5 because, while it did last a lot yesterday, I don't barely wear eye shadow unless it's a special ocassion (and I'm not too running late myself). I don't know how I'll work it out but I'll play a bit with the most nude eye shadow. Still, in my opinion and traveling student budget, this is not worth $20 when there's probably a dupe around for, like, $5-8. I mean, really.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2014 2:58:00 PM More reviews by arieljocelyn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This product is absolutely fantastic overall, and especially stands out due to its application and staying power. The tip produces the most precise lines imaginable, and is perfect for creating both subtle and bold looks, as well as filling in those difficult spaces between and just under the lashes (I'm not talking about the waterline, but just the parts of the lid that are visible underneath and between the lashes. I don't recommend putting product in the waterline, as it will almost certainly smear and smudge). Additionally, the color comes out very strongly, so you likely won't need to go over it or fill in areas. I have only tried the black color in this eyeliner, but from testing out the other colors in Sephora and Ulta, I can say that they also seem to have a great color payoff. This eyeliner also has excellent staying power, which is something that most of the eyeliners I've tried have lacked significantly. My only issue with this eyeliner is that it dries to a very shiny finish, whereas I prefer a matte finish (as, if you've read any of my other reviews, you can see I prefer with everything!). However, I would absolutely recommend this eyeliner to anyone as the best eyeliner I've ever tried.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/27/2014 5:11:00 PM More reviews by KatGen

This product requires a few layers in order to get an opaque black line. The applicator is firm and stiff...I found it hard to get a precise cat eye with this. Sephora's waterproof liquid liner works best for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2014 4:38:00 PM More reviews by marthamihm

I am terribly unskilled at applying eyeliner but this makes it pretty easy. Great formula that stays put but doesn't smudge. The classic black is perfect to make a cat eye. It is easy to draw a clean, thin line. Highly recommend.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2014 9:29:00 PM More reviews by BeFineFilipina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is my first liquid eyeliner from Stila...I bought a pencil liner from Stila before but was not impressed, as it took forever to come off with cleanser and I bought a cheaper liner from the Sephora brand that I ended up loving more instead.

I bought this in Olive, and it is gorgeous against my dark brown eyes. My first application kind of hurt cause the felt tip was pretty hard, yet sharp to a crisp point which I like. I'm sure it will soften up with use. It passed my eye rub test and didn't come off, neither with plain water. But it did come off easily with my Khiel's eye makeup remover and a cotton pad.

Overall I'm satisfied but as for HG status, probably not...it was pretty expensive for not a lot of product, and I think I'd rather stick to a Japanese brand black eyeliner. The Stila is actually made in Japan, but I prefer the other brands because they are cheaper. But for green, this is a really nice liner, I just wouldnt repurchase because it was soo expensive (I used a gift card to buy this).

rated 2 of 5 on 7/25/2014 10:56:00 AM More reviews by mexicancrackles

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This liner is definitely waterproof and smudge proof, I will give Stila that. However, this eyeliner, for some reason, flakes and fades on my eyelids. Within a few hours of wear, the eyeliner will be missing in some spots, and will have flaked under my eyes and on my cheeks. Maybe I just got a bad one??? But in my experience, $21 for an eyeliner that doesn't even stay put for a few hours is not worth it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2014 3:48:00 PM More reviews by SteffStarrr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I have a mini version of this from a kit and I absolutely love it. It's rich and pigmented, and dries down to a matte finish. Like other reviewers have mentioned, it is extremely long lasting, and doesn't smudge or transfer on my oily skin at all! I also love how easy it is to draw either a thin or thick line with the pen tip. I get complete control with the tip, making it much more user friendly than brush tips or even the more flexible tip that the Physician's Formula liner.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2014 2:30:00 PM More reviews by seaofLove87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Seriously, best. eyeliner. ever! I purchased this in March because I was simply fed up with crap eyeliners. I saw this had the best reviews, so I bit the bullet and paid way too much for a simple black eyeliner. Turns out it ended up being my HG. I recently repurchased it and and finally threw my old one away. It lasted me almost 5 months. That honestly justified the price in my opinion. It's extremely jet black and stays in place through it all. I work in a very hot atomospher and even after a 10 hour shift in 95 degree heat, the liner is still perfectly black and in place. The tip is very fine, which makes it a dream for getting that thin line, but also allows me to thicken it and wing it out beautifully. I was using a gel liner which was fine but after a few hours it turned grey and smudged near my brow bone. This liner seriously will not budge. It doesn't get dry or tug at my at whatsoever, I store mine tip down. I will most definitely, and already have, repurchase this when it (eventually) runs out again.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/22/2014 6:12:00 PM More reviews by paisleypunk

Maybe I'm the problem, but with lids as oily and eyes as watery as mine are, even this liner couldn't manage to stay put (particularly in the corners). After this I'll be switching to gel liners to see if they work out better for me.

I think this is probably a great product and I'm just the exception. It's stunningly easy to apply, even for those of us with caffeine shakes going on in our hands. It's matte and black enough. It doesn't dry out too quickly. For me, it just lacks the staying power I want.