November 23, 2014 | 1034 users online

Primer/ Corrector - BeneFit Cosmetics - The POREfessional

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2014 5:26:00 AM More reviews by unoeme

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

There's 2 ways of using this primer.. underneath your foundation as an overall primer or on top of your makeup on troubled areas.

As an overall primer, this doesn't work for me at all. At 1st application it does covers up all my pores. Then when applied liquid foundation on top, the pores appear again! I tried many ways of applying on my foundation, gently with stippling brush.. bouncing motion with my wet beauty blender.. none works.. the pores appear again! So basically, i didnt use it under my foundation at all.

But when applied on top of my makeup (with foundation and translucent powder on), especially on areas with very big open pores, this works wonders! The pores magically disappeared and remains disappeared thru out the day. I was tempted to slather this all over my face!

I'm on the mini tube now and will definitely re-purchase the full size when mine runs out.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/28/2014 5:23:00 AM More reviews by Rayellaxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The packaging is cute which made me want to buy it. I have very small pores so it did the job for me. I only have a few on my nose. I could see this not working well for someone with more and larger pores. I love the smell also, I wouldn't continuously buy this because it's $40 and you don't get a lot of product. But it's good and if you'd like a nice affordable primer try the stay matte primer

rated 3 of 5 on 8/24/2014 3:42:00 PM More reviews by mgeiger7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am always looking for good primers and I don't really know how i feel about this one. I have very large pores so i was really excited to try this product. The first thing i noticed about it is how soft it felt on my skin. It literally felt like i was rubbing silk on my face. To make the most out of it, I think patting it on works the best. Since my pores are so big, it looked like the product was just sitting on my pores and they were still pretty visible. So i really dont think it worked THAT well but i dont hate it...also, you have to keep reapplying this product because i noticed that it doesnt last very long. It does give a really nice matte look if that is what you are going for. Overall, it is an okay primer that I do not recommend for people with large pores like me.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/23/2014 6:28:00 PM More reviews by mehevans

A pretty decent primer, but not worth all the hype. Yes, it has a soft velvety finish and reduces the look of pores temporarily, but I don't feel like it's very long lasting. For the amount of product that you get, it's ridiculously expensive. The packaging is similar to a tube of toothpaste and very annoying; it squeezes out too much product too fast, and is impossible to get back in the package. With so many new primers being released in drugstores, I feel like you could find something comparable or better at a fraction of the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2014 3:15:00 PM More reviews by makeupjunkie707

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this product mixed with That Gal primer! Really soft and velvety finish. Perfect for days when you don't want to wear heavy makeup or a great primer underneath foundation. It's definitely worth trying!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2014 More reviews by Mutethecity

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great product. I'd seen many of my favorite Youtube beauty gurus using this, and figured I'd give it a try. I didn't want to spend $31 on a .75 fl oz tube, and end up not liking it. So I popped over to my local Sephora to try it out.

Watching Youtube videos, I had failed to notice that this primer is not clear like all of others I've used. It's a light nude color and I was afraid it wouldn't blend well into my darker complexion, but it surprisingly did. I like the texture, it's very lightweight and smooth. It goes easily into the skin without feeling cakey, heavy, or silicone-y. I have big pores around my nose and it really blurred the look of them; my skin looked and felt a lot smoother.

I wore it around all day with no makeup, and after around 7+ hours, my skin still looked velvety and even. Very little oil appeared in that time, and my face remained nice and matte. I tried it another day, wearing it under Smashbox Studio Skin Foundation with same results. It made my foundation go on much smoother, and prevented it from settling into my pores. Though I had only spent around 4 hours with it on, my foundation and blush remained vibrant and I didn't get any oily-ness. I finally decided to purchase my own after the good experiences I had with the tests at Sephora.

I really like this product. I've never had a primer that has lasted as long as this with no textural problems. I only wish it was cheaper. $31 for a tube is pretty steep, though a little goes a long way. It sounds pretty stingy, but buying three .25 fl oz tubes for $10 each saves you a dollar over buying one .75 fl oz tube for $31, and you get the same amount. Not only does the $1 savings add up with each purchase, but I prefer this because I can have a tube in my makeup kit at home, one in my purse for on-the-go, and an extra one for travel or whatever else I may need it for. This is much more convenient than needing it while out, but finding it troublesome to carry one large tube everywhere.

I usually wear it alone or with either the aforementioned Smashbox foundation, or my Mac Pro Longwear, Estee Lauder Doublewear, Covergirl 3 in 1, Makeup Forever HD Invisible Cover foundations with no problems from any. It's easily found in Ulta, Sephora, department stores, or online.

I really like this product, and highly recommend it. It may not be for those on a budget, but it's great for those willing to spend a little more and have great looking skin with or without makeup. There may be cheaper options with great quality out there. But until I find them, I will stick to this awesome product and gladly repurchase again and again..

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2014 4:34:00 PM More reviews by TurtleMoon

Hmmmmmmm... After using a sample size of this for the last few weeks, I'm still not sure what to make of it. There's a part of me that really wants to like it, but I'm just not sure it's for me. And for the price (£24.50 for a 22ml tube) I'm not convinced I'm getting the results from it that I was led to believe I would get...

First off the good things - it's a neutral skin-tone colour, so it blends in nicely with the colour of my skin. And although it looks a couple of shades too dark, once it's been applied you can't tell you've got any on so it doesn't really matter what the shade is. It also doesn't have that unpleasant silicone feel to it like some primers do, so I wasn't afraid to apply it to the more oilier parts of my face for fear that it might break me out (it didn't and never has).

But then there's the not-so-good things. Contrary to the packaging claims, it doesn't 'minimize the appearance of pores'; well at least not mine anyway. In fact this has a tendency to look like it's sitting on top of my pores, making them look bigger and more noticeable once I've applied the rest of my makeup. And the biggest problem for me is how much oilier this makes my skin look and feel as the day progresses. I usually do my makeup at around 8am on workdays, and I've definitely noticed that my skin is a lot oilier by lunchtime. When I use this I always have to use blotting sheets partway through the day to remove the excess oil that's built up. Compare this with the days when I don't use it and I don't have to use blotting sheets at all.

I'm glad I was given the opportunity to try this, but based on my experiences I wouldn't be tempted to purchase the full-sized version. It just didn't 'wow' me enough and I feel that there are actually other brands (the primers from Kiko spring to mind) which perform much better and don't cost as much either.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2014 3:48:00 PM More reviews by soulnechnaya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Used 3 tubes of the product and have mixed feelings about it. I have terribly oily skin and large pores and need my make up stay on all day for as long as 12h at work without having to do touch ups (or very quick and easy ones) and this is the only downside- It doesnt stay on for too long on my skin.I would say 3-4 hours no more. It lets the shine come through and If you were to touch/scratch your face it just comes off with all the make up on top of it. I think it is because of its consistency it does not get absorbed by your skin it fills the pores and evens them but stays on the surface hence can be easily removed. Regarding the pores-it does make them visibly shrink or it simply fills them and evens out letting you apply foundation on evenly and gives that smooth look. Trying something else now if wont find anything better will buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2014 11:57:00 PM More reviews by SaraNikkita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really wouldn't call my skin oily but I guess after applying my sunscreen it can become a bit greasy. Maybe that's why this product works for me. I may try to use it a few hours after applying my sunscreen, after some of the greasy feeling fades.

So I haven't tried many primers. I had a small tube of the Sephora brand stuff that worked ok (was a points purchase). I have used palladio primer and its ok. I have also used a L'Oreal primer that was ok. This stuff has really helped my foundation stay on. I think this is because of its mattifying effect, and so my foundation doesn't slide off the oily parts of my face.

A little bit goes a long way with this product and it feels pretty light during application.....that is, unless you use too much of this product and then it can fee heavy. I could see how it may break some people out. I use a small pea sized ball an dab a little bit on each cheek, my chin, forehead, and a very tiny bit on my nose, making sure to focus on the areas that have larger looking pores.

I don't really know how much it hid my pores, but I can say that whenever I use this my skin looks great. (just fyi I use this under UD Naked foundation so I don't know what is helping more: the foundation or this primer).

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2014 11:13:00 PM More reviews by PlanetAmour

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I like this primer, but it isn't any better than any other "good" primer I've tried, including the $6 ELF one. Not worth the price.