BeneFit Cosmetics The POREfessional

3.5

Cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone, dimethiccone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, isononyl isononanoate, silica, dimethicone crosspolymore, isodedecane, phenoxyethanol, polymethyl methacrylsate, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), cyclohexasiloxane, tocopheryl acetate, fragrance (parfum), mico, iron oxides, (CI 77492), limonene, iron oxides (CI 77491), iron oxides (CI 77499), triethoxycaprylylsilane, BHT.

on 6/16/2015 7:46:00 AM

I love this primer!! It feels really nice on the skin and doesn't make me feel oily. It's definitely a great primer for my foundation to adhere to. This is a must have in my makeup collection and one of my all time favorite primer. I highly recommend this to anyone who's looking for a pore filling primer! This also goes great with all my foundation.

on 6/15/2015 11:23:00 PM

I've only been using this for a few days and so far, I'm really enjoying it. It fills in pores perfectly and the tint really works to even out my skin tone for a nicer, more even application of foundation. The formula is quite drying though so if you happen to have dry skin, I suggest you moisturize, moisturize and moisturize before even thinking of trying out this product but with me being oily, I quite like it and it works well for me. The trick is to definitely apply it by pressing it into the skin, concentrating on wherever you have large pores. Anyone with half a brain knows that liquid that you put on your skin needs time to set and porefessional is absolutely no different. If you slap this on your skin and follow it immediately with foundation, of course it's going to move! You need to let it sit for at least a couple of minutes before applying anything else on top.
If my view on this product changes or it breaks me out, i will add an edit but so far so good :)

on 6/11/2015 2:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

As good as it gets.

This isn't a magic wand, but does as much as it can to blur pores, lines, and even rosacea for me. Many other lines offer their version of this product as a cream or a primer, but I've never found one as effective as this.

Application is key. Dab, not wipe, into those pores and fine lines. Be stingy. Wait a minute - just a minute - and proceed with foundation. Haven't tried it with a powdered mineral foundation, so don't know what the powder+kabuki brush would do to the effect. I find it doesn't move when applying a liquid, gel, or cream with a buffing brush.

It DOES work well on its own, though if I've got the time to apply it, I've usually got the time to apply BB cream over it. The effect lasts for me long after the BB cream has worn off.

Only gripe - these silicone based products are expensive, even though silicone is cheap. Benefit whipped up a super formula with this one, though, so I'll have to keep shelling out for my annual tube.

on 6/9/2015 8:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have been reading reviews and I agree with others who say that this does not pair well with liquid foundation. It tends to to accentuate the liquid foundation in the pore thus accentuating the pore worse than what it looked like before you applied Porefessional - that's kind of opposite of what it's intended to do, right? Worn on its own, it does minimize pores so I do think if you have somewhat good skin, you could just wear this with a little concealer and be done. Where I think this product excels is when it is paired with powder foundation. I have tried it with different powder foundations and it actually has helped me to love some of the powder foundations I have set aside. The powder foundation and the Porefessional work in synergy together creating a flawless look to the skin, while actually helping the powder to not sit on the skin like powder tends to do when it's first applied. So, if you are a powder foundation wearer, I highly recommend Porefessional, but if you are a liquid foundation wearer, skip this one.

on 6/9/2015 10:04:00 AM

I have HUGE pores, so I am always looking for something to help with that. If you're wearing it without foundation, great. With foundation? Ugh, it turns the foundation cakey and horrible to apply around the nose. And this product really isn't one of a kind, many companies (eg Clinique) make one almost exactly the same, for the price and the effect over foundation I wouldn't recommend. For anyone with big pores and an oily t-zone, I'd find another primer if I were you.

I have large pores and tzone oily, acne prone etc and found this helped hugely with the longevity of any brand of foundation. I really noticed when I forgot that first step, my nose and chin would "slip" within 5 hours. Highly recommended

on 6/5/2015 12:20:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

After finishing the sample size of this primer I am highly impressed. I have combination-oily skin with a ton of huge pores and this really made my face a nice canvas to any foundation (liquid, powder, and both)! If only the sample and full size weren't so expensive, it is a great product though.

on 5/26/2015 10:44:00 PM

I bought the travel size, when I put this on my face I thought it was amazing and I was so happy about it, then I put my foundation on and I was like uhm okay, then my setting powder and my face was so cakey as always and my pores were visible again!!! it works GREAT without makeup, but after you put your foundation it actually looks worst, because not just look cakey, made my face look dry, but like really dry :/ (and I'm oily) I had so many hopes on this but it just doesn't work for me

on 5/26/2015 7:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Interesting/surprising texture. Basically what you'd experience from a traditional makeup primer that's silicone based, but it's slightly tinted (although don't expect it to cover anything). Doesn't do much. Doesn't really minimize pores a substantial amount that would be worth mentioning. In fact it doesn't do much of anything besides distract you with it's interesting silky texture. I think people enjoy this product because it's interesting to put on - feels nice. That's about it.

on 5/25/2015 7:55:00 PM

A quick run down of my skin: I have combination skin, oily in the T zone but also kind of dry on the sides of my nose and cheeks (if that makes sense). I rate this product a 3/5 because it did do what it claims which was minimize my pores on my nose, and trust me I have large pores! but it clung onto my dry skin and made it even worse! I wear this under my mac studio fix and my maybelline fit me concealer and at first I thought it was my foundation making me dry because i had used both for the first time but after experimenting with both products for a month I noticed that when I switched foundations and used this primer, it still made my dry patches stand out. I don't know why it does that to my skin but I must say it does work in filling in pores. I guess if you don't have really dry areas then this is a good product! Make up application really glides on under this! As for the price, if you're gonna try it out for the first time, I suggest getting the travel size for $12 instead of the full size because it'll be enough to last you and you can really see if its worth a second purchase.

Popular Primer/ Correctors