October 22, 2014 | 2111 users online

Primer/ Corrector - BeneFit Cosmetics - The POREfessional

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2014 3:48:00 PM More reviews by soulnechnaya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Used 3 tubes of the product and have mixed feelings about it. I have terribly oily skin and large pores and need my make up stay on all day for as long as 12h at work without having to do touch ups (or very quick and easy ones) and this is the only downside- It doesnt stay on for too long on my skin.I would say 3-4 hours no more. It lets the shine come through and If you were to touch/scratch your face it just comes off with all the make up on top of it. I think it is because of its consistency it does not get absorbed by your skin it fills the pores and evens them but stays on the surface hence can be easily removed. Regarding the pores-it does make them visibly shrink or it simply fills them and evens out letting you apply foundation on evenly and gives that smooth look. Trying something else now if wont find anything better will buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2014 11:57:00 PM More reviews by SaraNikkita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really wouldn't call my skin oily but I guess after applying my sunscreen it can become a bit greasy. Maybe that's why this product works for me. I may try to use it a few hours after applying my sunscreen, after some of the greasy feeling fades.

So I haven't tried many primers. I had a small tube of the Sephora brand stuff that worked ok (was a points purchase). I have used palladio primer and its ok. I have also used a L'Oreal primer that was ok. This stuff has really helped my foundation stay on. I think this is because of its mattifying effect, and so my foundation doesn't slide off the oily parts of my face.

A little bit goes a long way with this product and it feels pretty light during application.....that is, unless you use too much of this product and then it can fee heavy. I could see how it may break some people out. I use a small pea sized ball an dab a little bit on each cheek, my chin, forehead, and a very tiny bit on my nose, making sure to focus on the areas that have larger looking pores.

I don't really know how much it hid my pores, but I can say that whenever I use this my skin looks great. (just fyi I use this under UD Naked foundation so I don't know what is helping more: the foundation or this primer).

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2014 11:13:00 PM More reviews by PlanetAmour

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I like this primer, but it isn't any better than any other "good" primer I've tried, including the $6 ELF one. Not worth the price.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/8/2014 11:19:00 AM More reviews by laura5168

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

When i bought this product i expected a lot from it, i still can't find out what i think about it.

i think its best for people with oily skin, and NOT for people with dry skin, i have dry skin on my nose and forehead, and it really made it obvious, and made the foundation look terrible there.

on my face where there where oily, or just normal skin, it made it look really matte, soft and actually made the pores look smaller, and red skin look a bit less red.

i mostly only use this when i have oily skin, or moisturize well before applying it.

i think its a great product, but because of the prize, i would not buy it again, it is not at all good enough for being so expensive.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/8/2014 7:48:00 AM More reviews by Sailormoon21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hmmmmm it's a good primer so far since it's oil free but the price was so much for it .. I won't buy this again Cus I can live without it! Also it used to break me out so much when I apply it on my nose :/ but I still apply it on my checks and forehead only!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/7/2014 9:13:00 PM More reviews by nicoleisabee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm surprised to see so many positive reviews of this product. I found it didn't so much hide the pores around my nose as fill them up with gunk and cause me to break out.

I also feel that the blurring effect of this primer is pretty minimal. I tried using it both under and over my powder foundation and I don't feel that there was any significant difference between the two methods. I had high hopes for this primer, but I think that I will stick to the Smashbox one, which I have found to work far better on my dry, acne-prone skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/7/2014 8:21:00 PM More reviews by thegreatbroomhilda

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Let me say that this product by itself is awesome however it looses it loveliness once you try to implement it with foundation. I have large pores on my nose and cheeks along with some fine lines that get me down more than anything so when I heard about this product I jumped at the chance to feel like myself again (2 kids) long hours at work. You know the story.

Pros great to wear alone or w very light powder
way better than Tarte's New Clean Slate Primer and cheaper. Way better than Babyface by Maybelline.

Cons: LOOSES ITS BLURRING effect on pores when you apply liquid or cream foundation. I have tried numerous foundations and application techniques. Brush, sponge, finger and the result is the same. when you go tp blend it the blur power is wiped off and you are back to pore showing.

I even tried to apply a small dab on the pore on my nose that drives me crazy and if I even slightly wipe it wipes with the makeup. Best advice think of it like puddy or spackle on a wall. once it's there you don't want to disturb it.

I read blog after blog on tips. I even tried to place it on and waiting 5-10 minutes to apply my foundation and it still wipes off if ypu do any sort of strokes or wiping.

BOTTOM LINE would I buy it again? more than likely no. I know I will never be o e of those girls that can throw on lip gloss and powder and look fabulous so I need a product that plays well with others inwhich it does not. Good luck.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2014 5:19:00 PM More reviews by Applehead09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

I recently purchased the mini tube instead of buying the extra expensive full size one. But I must say I'm in love. Idk how long it will last me but it was worth the 10 bucks. I have oily skin and it kept it pretty matte throughout my day. I'm So glad they have the minis to try out before making a big commitment

rated 3 of 5 on 8/3/2014 6:28:00 PM More reviews by jxnnifxr1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm kinda iffy about this primer. I have really visible pores, some pitted scars and it doesnt really fill in my pores that much. i feel like if you have smaller pores this will work great for you. ive also noticed that it cakes up my makeup. the primer is really thick, so if you put too much it creases or looks over all cakey. also if you put too much it could be flakey. i like using it to make my face look a bit smoother, but as far as filling in my pores i rate it a 6 out of 10.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2014 12:40:00 PM More reviews by sorayaso

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Holy grail primer. I love using this only on my T-zone and my large-pore areas such as my cheeks and nose, and then a lighter base on the rest of my face (such as the Stila One Step Correct). It's way too heavy to use all over the face, and it can feel particularly unpleasant if too much is used as it has a thick consistency. This is the only product that can noticeably blur out my pores.. On no foundation days I just smooth this over my cheeks and nose and I'm good to go. This primer does also noticeably control oil for me, but not anything life-changing. The packaging is alright, compact and cute. It is definitely pricey but a little goes a long way. I can't live without this!