BeneFit Cosmetics The POREfessional

3.4

Cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone, dimethiccone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, isononyl isononanoate, silica, dimethicone crosspolymore, isodedecane, phenoxyethanol, polymethyl methacrylsate, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), cyclohexasiloxane, tocopheryl acetate, fragrance (parfum), mico, iron oxides, (CI 77492), limonene, iron oxides (CI 77491), iron oxides (CI 77499), triethoxycaprylylsilane, BHT.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This product is decent in its category (one of those silicone based primers that is supposed to make your skin look smoother).

It certainly does make your skin look smoother and more matte upon application but not so in a way that I like. This one makes your skin look matte in an odd, light dimming kind of way. Difficult to explain without seeing it on your skin. May work better on younger, oilier skin (mine is combo/dry).

Time and time again I keep coming back to this primer. To try and make it work. And sadly I can never get it to work.

Packaging- LOVE the packaging of benefit in general.

Formula- very nice formula, feels smooth to the touch.

Wear- When I apply this it feels amazing, it smooths everything out. And mattes some areas of my face. I then go on to apply foundation etc. I used to have dry skin, (before I changed my birth control) It worked okay on my dry skin, but I don't think it made my foundation last longer at all, I just dont get it, its just extra step that is not needed, because it didn't work, nor did it reduce the look of pores both times round. Now I have oily/combo skin, and I hate it even more. I have heard a lot of things about porefessional being brilliant for people with oily/combo skin. So I purchased it again, as I sold my last tube. I applied it as normal, still didnt reduce the look of pores, went about my business. Went to the bathroom at work and I looked up in the mirror and my face looked disgusting. My foundation has faded in some areas, disappeared completely in others. My nose actually looked ridiculous.It was so oily and I think it actually got irritated by the primer, my foundation has completely come off my nose, I looked ridiculous. I have never had this before with other primers.

Overall- I wouldn't purchase this again, the price is average for a mid-high end range beauty brand. So price is okay, but seriously do yourself a favor and by Kiko Mat Base primer it is much better at combating shine/oil and is only £11!!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Ughh super adorable packaging but that's the only pro for me. Although the texture is great, this made my makeup worse. It broke up my foundation within an hour of wearing it-- I kid you not, my foundation was a patchy, cakey mess. I tried putting on a little bit and then a lot and everything in between but this just did not work miracles for me. It also broke me out at one point. Maybe primers are just not for me :(

My most used primer, it has a nice mousse feel and glides on your face very nicely and smoothly. It has a slight orangey-peach tint to it and makes my face nice and matte. You only need a tiny bit, if you use too much it might come off flaky and clump so make sure you spread it and blend it in well. It smells faintly of caramel to me, which I really love!

I always use this before putting on any foundation, it makes liquid application easier and provides an even surface to work with. If I'm using powder, it holds the powder quite well too, however even using this primer my skin did still turn very oily throughout the day.

In terms of pore minimizing, it's quite decent. My pores on my nose and on my cheeks are quite big, so I have to buff this stuff in to make them less apparent. It did quite well in terms of blurring out the pores to make them seem smaller, but that's ok because if you fill in the pores then put foundation over it, you can't see them anyway.

Overall it's a good primer, I don't usually like Benefit products but this one is probably one of their products I would re-purchase.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I figured this product out. A big problem people have (and I did too at the beginning) was that it balls up.

That happened to me when I applied it to my entire face. When I use this in only the areas that I need it (my t-zone usually), it works out great.

I have a lot of texture on my skin, plus a lot of pores, and this really smoothed them out!

Makes my skin feel soft but does absolutely nothing for my skin, I have large pores but it doesn't do anything to help cover them. Only pro is that it's lasted me a very long time! Would not re purchase

I love this primer. It makes my foundation go on so smooth and even. I love it!!! Pretty pricey, that's the only down fall.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I love this product.

It has a mousse-like texture and goes on smoothly. It also has a very discreet rosy beige tint which evens out and blurs my skin without actually covering anything or feeling like im wearing something. It doesn't make my pores disappear but it definitely helps blur them a bit.

I love to wear it under makeup or alone, when i want to go natural but have a matte face.

It is not for everyone though. I don't think it will work on oily or dry skins. I am normal to combination and it works perfectly on me but if you are very oily you might want to look elsewhere.

I recommend it if you have normal to combination skin. I love how it also comes in a mini size for 10 euros at Sephora so you can try it out without buying the full size product. A little goes a long way.

It doesnt work on me. Blot blot blot

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I hated this product, the texure of this primer feel terrible and makes my foundation look almost greecey, really disappointed in this, not worth the hype.

Popular Primer/ Correctors