BeneFit Cosmetics The POREfessional

3.5

Cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone, dimethiccone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, isononyl isononanoate, silica, dimethicone crosspolymore, isodedecane, phenoxyethanol, polymethyl methacrylsate, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), cyclohexasiloxane, tocopheryl acetate, fragrance (parfum), mico, iron oxides, (CI 77492), limonene, iron oxides (CI 77491), iron oxides (CI 77499), triethoxycaprylylsilane, BHT.

My most used primer, it has a nice mousse feel and glides on your face very nicely and smoothly. It has a slight orangey-peach tint to it and makes my face nice and matte. You only need a tiny bit, if you use too much it might come off flaky and clump so make sure you spread it and blend it in well. It smells faintly of caramel to me, which I really love!

I always use this before putting on any foundation, it makes liquid application easier and provides an even surface to work with. If I'm using powder, it holds the powder quite well too, however even using this primer my skin did still turn very oily throughout the day.

In terms of pore minimizing, it's quite decent. My pores on my nose and on my cheeks are quite big, so I have to buff this stuff in to make them less apparent. It did quite well in terms of blurring out the pores to make them seem smaller, but that's ok because if you fill in the pores then put foundation over it, you can't see them anyway.

Overall it's a good primer, I don't usually like Benefit products but this one is probably one of their products I would re-purchase.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I figured this product out. A big problem people have (and I did too at the beginning) was that it balls up.

That happened to me when I applied it to my entire face. When I use this in only the areas that I need it (my t-zone usually), it works out great.

I have a lot of texture on my skin, plus a lot of pores, and this really smoothed them out!

Makes my skin feel soft but does absolutely nothing for my skin, I have large pores but it doesn't do anything to help cover them. Only pro is that it's lasted me a very long time! Would not re purchase

I love this primer. It makes my foundation go on so smooth and even. I love it!!! Pretty pricey, that's the only down fall.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I love this product.

It has a mousse-like texture and goes on smoothly. It also has a very discreet rosy beige tint which evens out and blurs my skin without actually covering anything or feeling like im wearing something. It doesn't make my pores disappear but it definitely helps blur them a bit.

I love to wear it under makeup or alone, when i want to go natural but have a matte face.

It is not for everyone though. I don't think it will work on oily or dry skins. I am normal to combination and it works perfectly on me but if you are very oily you might want to look elsewhere.

I recommend it if you have normal to combination skin. I love how it also comes in a mini size for 10 euros at Sephora so you can try it out without buying the full size product. A little goes a long way.

It doesnt work on me. Blot blot blot

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I hated this product, the texure of this primer feel terrible and makes my foundation look almost greecey, really disappointed in this, not worth the hype.

I got this at Sephora a couple months ago while in line at the cash (if I recall it was about 12$CAN for the small tube). I had previously used it as a primer before liquid foundation and seemed to be doing a good job of evening out my pores, but then again I bought it at the same time as the foundation and didn't know how much each were to be thanked for the good job.

I don't use either often (I live near the beach where it's super hot and sweaty all year long and just don't wear much foundation), but a few days ago I whipped up the primer by itself, curious to see how much of a difference it makes on its own. I did the cheek using just a tiny amount (you really don't need much!) and it instantly made the pores look 40-50% less apparent! I also did my forehead, half of it to compare, and it did a great job too. On the nose though I can't say I noticed much improvement. But anyways, considering my pores are pretty big around my nose and cheeks, anything to help cover it up a bit without foundation helps. I don't know how long it lasts as I don't constantly check in the mirror, but probably that with liquid foundation it stays put longer.

While not 100% magical, it's still a pretty damn good product, and albeit small, the tube will last a long time since you barely need any to make it happen. I recommend for those with large pores. Those who don't have much of an issue in this aspect don't waste your money, you don't need this kind of product for the difference it will make.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I like how my skin looks when I apply this. Very smooth and pore are reduced. But no matter how many times I try to use this I end up disappointed by lunchtime because my foundation separates and looks horrible when wearing this primer underneath.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

i HATE this product!!! goes patchy on my skin and when i rub it in it falls apart like peeling skin or something!! it does nothing to my pores and doesn't make my foundation stick what so ever! would never repurchase so relieved i got it as a gift and didn't spend my money on it.

Popular Primer/ Correctors