September 2, 2014 | 1945 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED

RELATED PRODUCTS

NAKED2: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=148781/NAKED2-/Urban-Decay/Palettes

NAKED3: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=167248/NAKED-3/Urban-Decay/Palettes

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2014 2:05:00 PM More reviews by curlywurly100

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't know why it's taken me so long to write a review for this palette! I have had it for quite a while. I love it so much! I also have the Naked basics palette, which is a great little essential. I don't own Naked 2 or 3. This palette is literally EVERYTHING I could ever want in an eyeshadow palette! All the colours are buttery, beautiful and vibrant. Whatever look I do with this, I'm happy with. The variation of shades within this palette is just spot on. I even reach for this more than palettes I have custom-made myself. I feel that out of the 3 Naked palettes, this one is the most golden, warmer one. I am fair olive-skinned with yellow undertones, so I feel like the colours suit me well! I will definitely use up and repurchase! This is just the mother of all eye palettes.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2014 6:30:00 PM More reviews by beautylover212

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this palette! It's great for whether you want a nice daytime look or an edgy evening look. The colours are really easy to blend and go well with each other. It is expensive but I definitely think it's worth it. It's amazing, definitely a favourite!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2014 4:26:00 PM More reviews by bebe3003

I love this palette and I use this daily with my other naked palettes. I love browns and the sparkles, I make so many looks with this palette.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2014 9:28:00 PM More reviews by indigopurple

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I lusted after this for the longest time. To put it short, I hardly use my other shadows anymore. I really find myself going to natural eye looks for just about every occasion so this palette is perfect. The gold (half baked) and rose gold (chopper) are amazing! This palette is definitely an investment but one that is totally worth it!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/20/2014 1:18:00 PM More reviews by nnn3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am surprised that so many people like this palette.The color pay off is terrible without a base,with the base it oxidizes.Normally I mostly use brown and nude colors but to my surprise no color from this palette seemed to really fit me.The packaging is annoying because it gets covered with dust and little fuzzy particles all the time.I ended up giving it to a friend.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2014 11:32:00 PM More reviews by jtbeautyx3

Urban Decay basically revolutionized the cosmetic industry when they released this palette. Even after years, It is still one of the most highly coveted palettes. It is a universal name that every beauty lover knows from beginners to advanced MUAs (even known by guys who know nothing about makeup but constantly recommended to get their girlfriends as a gift). No makeup brand can release a neutral palette without it being compared to the Naked palette. Because it is placed on such a high pedestal, no palette can ever come close to (even if it's better) the success of Urban Decay's Naked.

For example, a common complaint of UD palettes is that it lacks matte shadows. Lorac Pro took advantage and release their version containing 8 mattes. So many brands are making their own spin off versions of the Naked palette and even perfecting it (Too Faced Chocolate, Smashbox Full Exposure, Lorac Unzipped, and many more). Although Naked will always be #1, I hate to say it but other companies are just coming out with better and better versions of a neutral eye palette offering different variety, finishes, and textures. However, this palette will always have a sentimental place in my heart. Even though I rarely reach for it (too shimmery for my liking), I will never let it go because I bought this with my first ever paycheck of $90 three years ago.

Honestly, if someone asked me if they should buy this, I would suggest the Naked 1 palette BUT if they are deciding between this or Lorac/Too Faced/Smashbox/It Cosmetics, I would have to recommend the latter.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2014 10:25:00 PM More reviews by Kifmaster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Beautiful set of neutral shadows in a cute and compact package. A must have for traveling, I've gone lots of places with it and its very durable. I do wish it had more matte shadows but overall its amazing. I have very very oily skin and the shimmery/frosty shadows always always crease on me no matter what i do, only reason it didn't get 5 stars but the pigment and blend-ability of the product is awesome. nice color selection too!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2014 9:51:00 AM More reviews by Jennybnguyen

I got the naked palette for my recital and used it for stage makeup and it had amazing lasting power and pigment. I even forgot to put on eye primer and after 5 hours of dancing and sweat, it was still on my eyelids and looked great!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2014 2:31:00 PM More reviews by that1makeupgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This warm-toned palette is a necessity in every make-up lover's collection.
It rivals with Too Faced Natural face palette, yet is my favorite due to the bigger color selection.
The colors are amazingly pigmented, and there is a little fallout with the shimmery tones if you're not careful. However, you can create from the most basic day eyes to glamorous warm smoky eyes using this palette.
I'd buy it over and over again. The only minus is the packaging.
Naked 2 and 3 have a hard case packaging, which make them ideal for travel.
The fuzzy packaging gets dirty very quickly and the 'Naked' gold sign fades.

However, I'd recommended it for anyone who is starting out with makeup, or a collector looking for staples in their collection!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2014 11:30:00 AM More reviews by Marieelias

I bought this on my last trip to paris, i had heard so much about it and when i found it on Sephora i bought it right away. I am sooo glad i did! It's not cheap, but totally worth the price. I use the "naked" and "buck" shades almost everyday, altough all of the shades works for an everyday-look. I use the shimmery/glittery shades and play around with when i want to look a little bit extra fabulous (lol). The thing about the naked palette is that you can mix and match with every shade OR you can use them on its own, whatever you prefer! I LOVE it. I also got a small bottle of eye-primer that works wonders.