January 27, 2015 | 1169 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED

RELATED PRODUCTS

NAKED2: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=148781/NAKED2-/Urban-Decay/Palettes

NAKED3: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=167248/NAKED-3/Urban-Decay/Palettes

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2014 8:47:00 AM More reviews by Danielle2006

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been eyeing this product since the beginning of time but never could get myself to pay $54.00 bucks for it. Until I learned about Sephora's amazing return policy and had another urban decay palette (ammo) which I really wasn't getting much use out of it. I traded it in and got this beauty for only 20 bucks different.

So far I love it like I knew I would. I love the slick packaging. Velvet case with gold lettering its def eye catching. Magnetic closing makes this bad boy perfect for traveling. The colors are amazing. I am a woman of color and have always gravitated to bronze and gold hues. Its not one shadow in this palette I couldn't see myself using. SMOG is my all time favorite. I literally use this product at work as well when I go out. You can create so many versatile looks. Work I normally just wear maybe a lid color but on weekends I like to pop a little something dark in my crease. Urban decay shadows are always pigmented and have a smooth and velvet texture when applied. Now some colors might not show up as well on my natural lid so I might have to use the NYX milk pencil for color intensity. (NO BIGGIE) I'm not a big fan of the brush...in my opinion its a little straw like. Its still nice a palette comes with a brush however. After buying this eye shadow palette...I'm sure I wont need another.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2014 9:29:00 PM More reviews by fmakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Can't believe I am just now taking the time to review this fantastic product. After purchasing it whenever it was released (sorry I cannot remember, a couple of years ago now surely?) it has been my go-to palette. I have the Naked 2 palette as well, haven't bothered investing in the Naked 3 as I find it to pink-based. Out of the two I own, the original Naked is a stand out as the colours just suit me better.

Realistically, the make up I wear mostly is day time friendly. This makeup satisfies my need to create a variety of different day suitable looks, but also allows me to create a gorgeous more intense smokey look for night time. When I holiday, I take this product with me due to how versatile it can be. There is no need to take countless palettes away anymore.

I love the two matte brown shades, Naked and Buck. Naked is my ultimate blending colour and I use it for just about any look I do as a transition shade (whether or not I am using the Naked Palette alone!). Buck is great for filling in my eyebrows as well as for a multitude of eyeshadow looks. Out of all the eyeshadows and countless times using it, I have only hit pan on Sin the shimmery pink colour.

A look I love doing is taking sin all over the lid, with sidecar on the outer half. I then blend naked in the crease and add buck over the top for more definition. Than, I take the colour hustle and blend it into my outter v. Blend blend blend. Add toasted into my inner crease. Blend with the naked colour and wa-lah! My favourite go-to eyeshadow look.

I know this product isn't cheap. But if you are a simple person, you probably won't have to buy eyeshadow again for a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2014 3:59:00 PM More reviews by dlittlegarden

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Again, if someone somehow forced me to stop buying makeup and just use one eye shadow palette, I feel pretty confident this would be my pick.

I started with the Naked 2 palette, but realized I wanted something with a range of warm and cool tones. When I had a 20% Friends and Family discount for the UD website, I purchased this one, and I'm so glad I did. There is so much variety in this palette, and you can easily put together a subdued work look, a smoky date night eye, or a glittery party eye. Just love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2014 5:23:00 PM More reviews by Halloedangel

IMO they had this right the first time, This is my favorite Naked palette (I own all 5) It doesn't have very many matte shades but if you pair this with one of the Naked Basics you have a perfect neutral eye set, You really wouldn't need anything else. (but we all know we'll get it anyway)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2014 5:08:00 PM More reviews by BeautyByShel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Other

I love the naked pallette! Super high pigments and easy to blend/graduate! I hardly use other branded eyeshsdow :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2014 6:37:00 AM More reviews by GraetzAnni3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love my Naked Palette. I wear colours from it pretty much daily and love every shade. The primer that comes with it is also fantastic. The colours can easily be used for every day or fancy occasion make up looks. The pigmentation is fantastic as well. It may be pricey but it's worth it. Not overly fond of the brush that comes with it but I'll excuse that because the rest of the product is brilliant.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2014 3:12:00 PM More reviews by Naima1587

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This eye shadow palette is great for everyday or if you want to prefer more of a neutral smoky eye. I received this a couple of years ago when it came with the eye shadow brush and the UDPP. The silver eye shadow brush was a plus because it packs in the color onto the lid like the dream. The UDPP is great to keep the colors on all day and prevents the shadows from creasing. The shadows lean on the warmer side which is perfect for me, but I believe it can be universal depending on the colors you match them with.

For reference, I am an NC 42 and for office use, I apply buck on the crease, toasted on the lids and sin in the inner corner along with virgin on the brow bone, brown liner and tons of mascara. It looks stunning but not too dramatic. And when I want a neutral smoky eye I may apply the same but add darkhorse on the outer corner and add a bit of sidecar or smog on the center of my lids to give it a multi-dimensional look.

The only thing and I mean ONLY thing missing in my perspective is a matte brown or black eye shadow which helps to complete most looks. I noticed they may have realized that with as they added a matte black with the Naked 2. Nonetheless, the quality is phenomenal as the shadows are rich in texture and highly pigmented, there's minimal fallout and you can make endless looks with this one palette. It may be on the pricier side if you're not used to buying higher end cosmetics but the original Naked is truly the only palette that you may need if you're starting with makeup, you want to stay away from the brighter colors, or you want to expand your neutral makeup collection.

I have not used Naked 2 nor Naked 3 but honestly, I am satisfied with my Naked 1 and don't want to try any other palette.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2014 5:11:00 PM More reviews by childofthebarricade

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't exactly have to lay out the details, as everyone else in the world already has.

If I were never able to buy any eyeshadow for the rest of my life, if Naked 1 had been my last purchase, I'd be just fine. It's everything I could ever need and is of exceptional quality.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2014 8:39:00 PM More reviews by LoveJasonA

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this palette. It is great for me because I am fair skinned and I can still get a smokey eye look without looking like a whore (lol). The only reason I gave the packaging such a low number is that this should come with a brush, which it doesn't. The larger NAKED palettes do, but this smaller one doesn't. Looking forward to trying the NAKED2 small palette.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2014 2:51:00 AM More reviews by MES

For reference I am around NC15, give or take a shade of two depending on season, with dark brown eyes. I find myself using this palette almost daily, it is truly versatile and a real stable. I can do everything from a very subtle natural look, to a dramatic smokey eye. There are two matte shades in this, Naked and Buck. The rest of the shades are shimmery, but thankfully no glitter bombs. The only shade I do not use is Gunmetal, which is just to cool for me. Virgin was the first shade I hit the pan on since I use it as a brow bone highlight with all looks. The price seems a bit steep, but considering the price of single eyeshadows it's a fair deal.