September 30, 2014 | 1628 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - Visible Lift Serum Absolute Advanced Age-Reversing Makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2013 3:17:00 PM More reviews by amanda311

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I like this stuff. It has a very smooth finish and does illuminate the skin very well. I applied it with my fingers in two layers and it more or less covered everything I needed to. I used a touch of concealer over just two spots. I have a bit of uneven texture on one cheek and it didn't enhance it. It also dries pretty fast as my first coat was ready to go over within seconds. I set it with translucent powder so I can't really speak to its transferability. The color match was utterly perfect in the natural ivory shade and I'm pale olive. The shades seem to lean more neutral to warm than cool. Crossing my fingers that it doesn't break me out. I don't have oily skin so oxidation is rare and usually slight so I'm not worried about it changing colors. My skin leans more on the drier side of combo and if I didn't moisturize this seems like it might cling but the fact it's illuminating may lessen how noticible that is. It's not cheapy cheap but much less than my current foundation from Sephora. The bottle is glass with a pump which is nice for a drugstore foundation but as always pump means you gotta go digging in there when you get low cuz it aint gonna come out on its own past a certain point. Otherwise good drugstore buy.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2013 3:08:00 PM More reviews by blondefornow

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Whoa Nelly! Bought this on a whim as the Retinol and Vitamin C declaration on the label caught my eye. I thought color selection was decent enough and was able to find a good match for my fair skin. I liked how the foundation applied, giving a natural coverage. Oh my goodness is it ever drying though!!! I wear Cosmetic skin solutions serums, a Nuxe serum AND my Ceravie moisturizer before I even think of applying foundation. My face (after 1/2-1 pump applied with my Sigma 180) looked like I was wearing Halloween-esque mummy makeup!!! I could not get over how bad my skin looked. Cracks, separation, dry peely areas...HORRID!!! I didn't have time to wash it off and start over so I covered the worst areas with Nivea cream and pulled some of the worst skin oeels off with tweezers (yes, it was that drying!!) now I do have dry skin, but not as bad as this foundation suggested. I don't know what is in this stuff, but it was like clay on me!! I tried it again a few days later (after doing a glycolic peel so I know there was no peeling skin) mixed with my moisturizer, the finish was better. I went walking and city shopping with my family so I didn't thi about my foundation. I checked my face in the mirror about 5-6 hours after application and I areas of serious peeling again!! Super dissapointing. And not dirt cheap at $12.50 either!!

10 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2013 1:27:00 PM More reviews by rbellew

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have dry/combo skin and I've tried many many foundations and I love this! I can't say if it will still work well in the summer, it is hydrating and I'm thinking you could get some tzone oiliness but as for a go to winter foundation this is it for me. It just makes my skin look amazing, no shimmer, but it is luminous. It's not a full coverage so i do use a concealer/primer for my redness. It also feels great on the skin. This is 100% NOT FOR PEOPLE with OILY skin! Don't bother, I'm thinking that is why this has gotten bad reviews. I do have fine lines and large pores and this does not highlight them. If you are having that issue maybe try a different way of applying (stippling brush/wet sponge). Anyhow, love love love! Now I need to find a great summer foundation for when I'm oily/combo. :)

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2013 2:02:00 PM More reviews by lcmcallister

love the foundation, but the breakable packaging makes it hard to travel with!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2013 12:37:00 AM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

GRRRR! L'Oreal foundations are usual my favourite but this one is....not good. This was $21 including tax and I bought the lightest shade which I believe was 143 'Soft Ivory'. I have really pale skin and this was too dark for me. My favourite foundation is L'Oreal True Match and I wear C1 alabaster which is the closest match I have found. Anyways....even though I am plenty youthful I bought this foundation since I have dry skin and foundations for aging skin are usually more moisturizing and this really wasn't. This foundation is really thick, has pink undertones, very powdery satin finish (hard to explain), decent lasting power, impossible to apply, and it has a really weird scent. I think the application is what bothers me most about this foundation. It is very thick and cream like- very similar to the Revlon Colorstay Whipped foundation which I also hated- and it is impossible to apply without looking streaky and weird. I went to apply this with my fingers and it went on very patchy and with a paddle brush it streaked worse than anything else. It did work okay with a beauty blender but when I'm running out the door in the morning, I don't always have time to prep my beauty blender. The packaging is another downfall for me. I know a lot of people including myself hate when we get foundation without a pump but something that I hate more than that is when you cannot unscrew the pump to get out the remaining product. I had about 1/4 of the bottle left of foundation but had to toss it out since it would no longer pump out and I could not get to it any other way. I really hate this stuff from the bottom of my heart. If anyone was looking for more moisturizing coverage at a drugstore price like myself, try their new Visible Lift compact makeup. I tried it out after this one and it is wonderful. Would not recommend to anyone.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2013 5:50:00 AM More reviews by stellay

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I gave this foundation a try when I spotted it on clearance pricing at Target. My mom has been using this foundation for a couple of years and seems to like it enough considering her consistent usage of this product. I'm now in my early 30s and am starting to appreciate more of the anti-aging properties in beauty products, including this foundation. This provides buildable medium to full coverage. I'd say the finish is semi-matte at first and then tends to verge into dewy territory hours later without any touch-ups. I actually don't mind the slight radiant finish my face has later in the day or night with this foundation because my complexion appears supple and radiant. I'm quite happy with this foundation and would recommend it to anyone who is seeking a reasonably priced foundation that gives medium to full coverage to skin that is starting to show slight signs of aging.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2013 1:34:00 PM More reviews by swpalady

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This foundation makes my skin look wonderful! I set it with True Match powder and it wears all day. For those that say it's too heavy looking, you have to apply foundation with a cosmetic sponge not your fingers. That way you can apply it as sheer as you want. I've been using Maybelline Mineral Power for years because I didn't like liquid foundations but this foundation is making me change my mind about that.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2013 11:12:00 AM More reviews by sgomez47

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This foundation is so creamy... I apply it with a flat top sonia kashuk brush and my skin looks like velvet!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2013 11:17:00 AM More reviews by XxPRINCESSAxX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Other

I purchased this in shade 157 which was the darkest shade available in Canada.

My reasons for purchasing this were that my skin was extremely dry and no foundation would 'stick'. They were all fading/dissolving or highlighting dry patches.

Unfortunately the color was too dark/gray looking and did leave a white-ish cast, even though it was too dark. This is likely due to the SPF, and would not want to be wearing this for taking any pics, especially flash photography.

My skin is usually quite oily, but is dry due to cold weather at the moment. This would not be suitable for anything other than dry, dry/combination, or normal-dry skin types IMO.

In addition to my skin being dry, I currently have some active breakouts including some that are in the process of healing. Nightmarish skin.

I removed my makeup and applied this straightaway, and I have to say, upon removing it a few hours later, my skin was EXTREMELY calmed down and somewhat healed. I did not use any other skin care products that I don't normally use, so whatever serum they claim is in this product, really is in it! And I can vouch for the fact that it is good for your skin.

I did want to try the next shade up, because I was so impressed with what it did for my skin with only a couple hours of wear, but it was sold out. Instead, I purchased the compact version which is MUCH creamier and definitely only for very dry, dry, and maybe combination-dry skin types. It doesn't have the serum but has hyaluronic acid. I am not experiencing the same 'healing' results with this one and my preference would be to have gotten the liquid formula in the right shade.

I can't really address the wear time of this makeup since I did not wear it for a full day, but as always, I set with a powder and it was still on 4-5 hours later. It definitely 'set' and will wore much longer than the compact version.

Coverage-wise I would say it's moderate. It's definitely not light coverage, as I have some dark post-acne marks and it managed to cover them up pretty well. It is less coverage than Revlon Colorstay which is what I was previously using.

For reference, I purchased shade 157 and am NC42/c40 and Revlon Colorstay Golden Caramel, medium-deep tan skin tone.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2013 1:06:00 AM More reviews by DLYNN

I purchased this product for the anti-aging ingredients in the formula. When it comes to color, most foundations I have tried are either too orange, too pink or somewhat ashy but in this case I lucked out. Unfortunately, the product left my face feeling slightly itchy all day. It also never really set right, causing it to smudge on my cell phone. It felt and looked more cakey/oily than dewy right from the start and no amount of pressed powder would mattify my face (which normally isn't greasy). As time went on it settled into the places I wanted to minimize --- so much for a "visible lift". It is among the few foundations I have ever actually returned after just one use. Although I remain open minded, I have not had good luck with L'Oreal foundations in general; unfortunately this was no exception.