October 26, 2014 | 1046 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - Visible Lift Serum Absolute Advanced Age-Reversing Makeup

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2013 10:38:00 PM More reviews by beautyforless

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

As a foundation hoarder who is reaching the ripe old age of 19, anyone will tell you a foundation marketed as "anti-aging" was just about the LAST thing I needed. But, me being me, I disregarded their warnings, took my coupon and paid about $3 for this baby.
And...I love it.
I think what gets me hooked on these foundations formulated for mature skin is how they manage to glide like a figure skater over my problem areas; crater-sized pores and ridiculous acne. I assume it's part of the whole "anti-aging" thing, ya know, gliding over fine lines, wrinkles and all that.
I do like L'Oreal's attempt to color match (Seriously, three shades for Ivory! Three!) but once again, the palest of the pale (myself) found the lightest shade too dark. Shocker. Oh well, nothing I can't fix.
What really impressed me was how well this foundation wears. I have combination skin, it's certainly not an oil slick, but most foundations that claim to be long lasting melt right off...just before clinging onto the driest parts of my face. Given that I have the best of both worlds with my dry and oily skin that is currently only a few shades lighter than snow, I wouldn't have been surprised to see this foundation turning orange and patchy almost instantly.
It however, held up quite nicely and looked fresh and lovely towards the end of the day. A little separation after 15 hours...but when in makeup's name am I going to need a foundation last that long? Either way, it's nothing a touch of powder can't fix.
I should also mention that I adore how L'Oreal added a pump. If it's going to cost me $12.99 for this lovely little bottle, it better be classy. And classy it is.
I can only conclude that if 18-year-old me loves this now, 50-year-old me is going to do cartwheels. L'Oreal, do me a favor, don't discontinue this.
EDIT: Well darn. This little guy ended up breaking me out something fierce. I guess there's a reason why this is for mature skin.

10 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/7/2013 12:26:00 PM More reviews by aqelvis

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is actually not a bad drugstore product....doesn't wear as long as I would like, but gives nice finish to the skin, doesn't sink into wrinkles,- quick, easy, and blends nicely.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2013 3:17:00 PM More reviews by amanda311

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I like this stuff. It has a very smooth finish and does illuminate the skin very well. I applied it with my fingers in two layers and it more or less covered everything I needed to. I used a touch of concealer over just two spots. I have a bit of uneven texture on one cheek and it didn't enhance it. It also dries pretty fast as my first coat was ready to go over within seconds. I set it with translucent powder so I can't really speak to its transferability. The color match was utterly perfect in the natural ivory shade and I'm pale olive. The shades seem to lean more neutral to warm than cool. Crossing my fingers that it doesn't break me out. I don't have oily skin so oxidation is rare and usually slight so I'm not worried about it changing colors. My skin leans more on the drier side of combo and if I didn't moisturize this seems like it might cling but the fact it's illuminating may lessen how noticible that is. It's not cheapy cheap but much less than my current foundation from Sephora. The bottle is glass with a pump which is nice for a drugstore foundation but as always pump means you gotta go digging in there when you get low cuz it aint gonna come out on its own past a certain point. Otherwise good drugstore buy.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2013 3:08:00 PM More reviews by blondefornow

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Whoa Nelly! Bought this on a whim as the Retinol and Vitamin C declaration on the label caught my eye. I thought color selection was decent enough and was able to find a good match for my fair skin. I liked how the foundation applied, giving a natural coverage. Oh my goodness is it ever drying though!!! I wear Cosmetic skin solutions serums, a Nuxe serum AND my Ceravie moisturizer before I even think of applying foundation. My face (after 1/2-1 pump applied with my Sigma 180) looked like I was wearing Halloween-esque mummy makeup!!! I could not get over how bad my skin looked. Cracks, separation, dry peely areas...HORRID!!! I didn't have time to wash it off and start over so I covered the worst areas with Nivea cream and pulled some of the worst skin oeels off with tweezers (yes, it was that drying!!) now I do have dry skin, but not as bad as this foundation suggested. I don't know what is in this stuff, but it was like clay on me!! I tried it again a few days later (after doing a glycolic peel so I know there was no peeling skin) mixed with my moisturizer, the finish was better. I went walking and city shopping with my family so I didn't thi about my foundation. I checked my face in the mirror about 5-6 hours after application and I areas of serious peeling again!! Super dissapointing. And not dirt cheap at $12.50 either!!

10 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2013 1:27:00 PM More reviews by rbellew

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have dry/combo skin and I've tried many many foundations and I love this! I can't say if it will still work well in the summer, it is hydrating and I'm thinking you could get some tzone oiliness but as for a go to winter foundation this is it for me. It just makes my skin look amazing, no shimmer, but it is luminous. It's not a full coverage so i do use a concealer/primer for my redness. It also feels great on the skin. This is 100% NOT FOR PEOPLE with OILY skin! Don't bother, I'm thinking that is why this has gotten bad reviews. I do have fine lines and large pores and this does not highlight them. If you are having that issue maybe try a different way of applying (stippling brush/wet sponge). Anyhow, love love love! Now I need to find a great summer foundation for when I'm oily/combo. :)

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2013 2:02:00 PM More reviews by lcmcallister

love the foundation, but the breakable packaging makes it hard to travel with!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2013 12:37:00 AM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

GRRRR! L'Oreal foundations are usual my favourite but this one is....not good. This was $21 including tax and I bought the lightest shade which I believe was 143 'Soft Ivory'. I have really pale skin and this was too dark for me. My favourite foundation is L'Oreal True Match and I wear C1 alabaster which is the closest match I have found. Anyways....even though I am plenty youthful I bought this foundation since I have dry skin and foundations for aging skin are usually more moisturizing and this really wasn't. This foundation is really thick, has pink undertones, very powdery satin finish (hard to explain), decent lasting power, impossible to apply, and it has a really weird scent. I think the application is what bothers me most about this foundation. It is very thick and cream like- very similar to the Revlon Colorstay Whipped foundation which I also hated- and it is impossible to apply without looking streaky and weird. I went to apply this with my fingers and it went on very patchy and with a paddle brush it streaked worse than anything else. It did work okay with a beauty blender but when I'm running out the door in the morning, I don't always have time to prep my beauty blender. The packaging is another downfall for me. I know a lot of people including myself hate when we get foundation without a pump but something that I hate more than that is when you cannot unscrew the pump to get out the remaining product. I had about 1/4 of the bottle left of foundation but had to toss it out since it would no longer pump out and I could not get to it any other way. I really hate this stuff from the bottom of my heart. If anyone was looking for more moisturizing coverage at a drugstore price like myself, try their new Visible Lift compact makeup. I tried it out after this one and it is wonderful. Would not recommend to anyone.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2013 5:50:00 AM More reviews by stellay

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I gave this foundation a try when I spotted it on clearance pricing at Target. My mom has been using this foundation for a couple of years and seems to like it enough considering her consistent usage of this product. I'm now in my early 30s and am starting to appreciate more of the anti-aging properties in beauty products, including this foundation. This provides buildable medium to full coverage. I'd say the finish is semi-matte at first and then tends to verge into dewy territory hours later without any touch-ups. I actually don't mind the slight radiant finish my face has later in the day or night with this foundation because my complexion appears supple and radiant. I'm quite happy with this foundation and would recommend it to anyone who is seeking a reasonably priced foundation that gives medium to full coverage to skin that is starting to show slight signs of aging.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2013 1:34:00 PM More reviews by swpalady

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This foundation makes my skin look wonderful! I set it with True Match powder and it wears all day. For those that say it's too heavy looking, you have to apply foundation with a cosmetic sponge not your fingers. That way you can apply it as sheer as you want. I've been using Maybelline Mineral Power for years because I didn't like liquid foundations but this foundation is making me change my mind about that.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2013 11:12:00 AM More reviews by sgomez47

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This foundation is so creamy... I apply it with a flat top sonia kashuk brush and my skin looks like velvet!!!