November 28, 2014 | 1268 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - Color Icon Trio - Walking on Eggshells

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2014 10:56:00 PM More reviews by MandyLynn90

This is my absolute favorite! Colors are so pigmented and last all day and it's so inexpensive!! Thank you wet n wild!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2014 1:59:00 AM More reviews by sweetpeaches

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am just starting to get back into wearing eyeshadow, and this is definitely a wonderful trio to start with! The shadows really brighten my eyes, and I had no problem with them lasting all day. The shadows are have a frosty finish, and I prefer to use the shadow designated for the browbone in the inner corner because I don't like frosty shades underneath my brow. The eyelid shadow is a stunning, well pigmented champagne color, and the crease color is a medium toned brown with very subtle flecks of gold. The price is very cheap, and you don't have to sacrifice quality.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2014 11:45:00 PM More reviews by katautumn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this after seeing many beauty gurus on YouTube talk about how this is a HG trio for them. I have other WnW ColorIcon shadows that I love (I'm thinking of Sweet as Candy and the single Brulee), so I had high expectations for this trio.

The first thing is that the shadows are very soft and very pigmented. The colors, both in the pan and swatched on the hand, are very, very pretty. The shades are nice and soft, neutral, and very feminine. The problem is once they're applied to my eyelids.

I'm 33 years old and have a little bit of crepiness on my lids from years of excessive tanning and smoking (neither of which I do any more, thankfully!) so I have to be careful with frost. A little shimmer, a little sparkle is fine, but frost finish shadows don't go on my lids very well. Even with a primer it tends to settle in every little fine line.

The eyelid shade in this trio is a gorgeous sort of pinky undertone champagne color. It swatches beautifully, but on my lids it settled into tiny little lines and looked very separated. Like the pink separated from the gold and the gold settled into the lines and looked marbled.

If you're like me and you have trouble wearing frost finish shadows, try their other neutral trio, Sweet as Candy. It's more of a shimmer finish than a frost with very similar, very pretty shades.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2014 11:54:00 PM More reviews by Lovelaura23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love wet n wild , they have awesome eyeshadows especially this one, awesome awesome!!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2014 10:07:00 PM More reviews by jtbeautyx3

Initially I thought this was a very boring looking palette which is why I never bothered picking it up. WnW was on sale so I figured I wouldn't have anything to lose. I absolutely love it! On top of primer and color tattoos, the eyelid shade is so pretty and pigmented and surprisingly the crease shade looks extremely flattering on my Asian skin as well. I haven't use the highlight shade but I'm sure it's just as great as the others. This trio complements Knock on Wood very well for a pink, romantic look. WnW is very comparable to the shadows in my high end brand palettes and I think I can safely say I like the eyelid shade more than Sin from the Naked 1 palette. I cannot praise this brand enough and I hope they keep coming out with more neutral trios.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2014 4:10:00 AM More reviews by decoydream

PROS:
- Very cheap price (I think it was $4 at CVS).
- Excellent pigmentation even without primer.
- Great colours that are beautiful on its own or complimentary to one another (highlight- light yellow based ivory, lid- pale pink champagne, crease - slightly golden medium brown).
- Makes me look very awake and fresh.

CONS:
- Longevity. Because of the creaminess of the shadow, it creases on me after 3 hours or so. It's not a deal breaker though because the colours are relatively light and natural looking so it's not obvious unless I close my eyes and raise my eyebrows at the same time (which is not something I do outside the confines of my bathroom).
- As mentioned in numerous reviews, the packaging is not the most robust. Avoid dropping these as the casing might break or (more likely) the shadows will crumble as they are quite soft.

NEUTRAL:
- All the shadows are shimmers which may or may not be your cup of tea.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2014 1:15:00 AM More reviews by Missmartinez1014

I love this. These colors work for almost all occasions. These are my most used eyeshadows and it's cheap. I would definitely buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2014 10:08:00 AM More reviews by lovelymallie

I can't believe how good these are for the price.
Aside from the packagain, these eyeshadows could easily be high-end!

I absolutely love the colour "browbone" as an innercorner-highlighter, and the colour "eyelid" is also really beautiful as an all over lidcolour, if you're going for that really light-natural look. I like how it has a tint of pink in it. The textures of these eyeshadows are super "creamy", soft and intense pigmentation.

The reason why I can't give this 5, is because I'm not crazy about the "crease" colour.
I find it way to pigmented and shimmery to go into my crease.
Also the packagain isn't that great. I haven't dropped it or anything, but one of the colours for some reason broke.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2014 6:33:00 PM More reviews by taylor123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have to admit I have been a bit of an eyeshadow snob lately. I've been using the same MAC and Urban Decay shadows for ages. Lately I've been on a bit of a budget and I've been exploring some drugstore shadows, out of all the drugstore brands I've tried, Wet n Wild takes the cake in the eyeshadow catergory. This Walking on Eggshells trio has been in my makeup bag everyday and I've used it every morning before school or work for like a month straight. Here's why.

-the pigmentation is insanely good. Just as good as MAC or Urban Decay, maybe even better?
-the texture is so smooth and velvety. Not fallouty or chalky. Easy to work with.
-the colors are beautiful. the browbone shade is yellow toned shimmery highlight. the crease is a light goldy brown and the eyelid shade is a beautiful champagne color, very similar to Naked Lunch by MAC.
-oh yea, the shadows are imprinted with the name of where you place them on your eye. So if you're young and new to makeup it's super easy to use.
-the packaging is small and simple, doesnt take up too much room in the makeup bag.
it comes with those useless sponge applicators that i never use but if youre in a hurry you could probably use them.
-the price is nuts. I got mine for 3 dollars and then got ANOTHER one for half off at KMART. I've seen this brand mostly at Walgreens and KMART. They're not the most widely sold drugstore brand, I have never seen them at my target or my CVS. maybe thats just my city? Not sure.

Either way this product is amazing. I don't think Wet n Wild receive enough credit for their eyeshadows. Theyre just as good as all the high end shadows I have tried. If for some reason all my MAC shadows got taken away I would just go and buy some wet n wild ones and feel just as satisfied. Many thumbs up from me!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2014 10:47:00 PM More reviews by MagnoliaState

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have brown eyes. The bronze crease color is too warm or something. It also has lots of fallout. I have to add a different dark brown to outer v for this to look right on me. The light ivory brow bone color I cannot get my brush to pick up. It is frustrating. I'm using good brushes. I like pink color. Good depth of color. Pretty tone.

I'm going to keep playing with it. I don't dislike it enough to throw away but I don't like it enough to repurchase. I expected better quality after MUAB said that WnW is best d/s e/s