Cover Girl Liquiline Blast - Blackfire

3.9

Cyclopentasiloxane, Beeswax (Apis Mellifera), C11 12 Isoparaffin, Polybutene, Hydrogenated Cottonseed Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil (Jojoba), Ceresin, Ozokerite, Microcrystalline Wax, Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), Propylparaben, Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C), May Contain:, Iron Oxides, Mica, Carmine (CI 75470), Yellow 5 Aluminum Lake, Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Ultramarines, Aluminum Powder (CI 77000), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Black 2 (CI 77266), Bronze Powder (CI 77400), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Chromium Oxide Green, Copper Powder, Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Manganese Violet, Zinc Oxide

on 12/28/2011 3:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

I love this liner. I used to wear liquid liner every day, but now I use this more often. This liner glides smoothly like a liquid liner. I love that the color is a matte black, as opposed to most liquid liners that have that 'shine' to them. The best part of this liner (which is why I use it so much) is that it doesn't smudge. Okay, maybe after a very long day at work, I see a few small smudges on my lids, but thats nothing compared to other liners that leave my lids with black smudges all over the place. One thing I don't like, though, is that you have to sharpen it. I wish this was a self-sharpening liner, it would be so much easier, especially when I'm in a hurry to do my makeup in the morning.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I love this pencil. I actually have a backup because I am going through my current pencil quickly. It glides on without any tugging and it lasts for hours. And, it's as black as black can be. I have no problems with this product and it is perfect for me.

on 11/15/2011 5:16:00 PM

AMAZING! My HG pencil eyeliner! :) Stays on all day on both waterline and upper eyelid, hard to get off with makeup remover, and is so smooth and creamy! I see many mixed reviews, but it is worth a try I promise. It stomps Urban Decay 24/7 liner, which was pure crap!

on 11/10/2011 3:04:00 AM

I can't believe how many terrible reviews I've read about this eyeliner....I love it and find it very pigmented and easy to use. It stayed on my lower lash line during a 16 hr terrible sweat inducing night shift. I like it more then urban decay, lancome, and make up forever. It doesn't stay on my water line, but nothing does. I expected all cover girl products to be great after this, but no, the majority are not.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Decent buy. Goes on smooth, doesn't smudge throughout the day. Overall this is a very nice pencil liner.

on 10/26/2011 9:40:00 PM

ugh.
like most covergirl products, this eyeliner looks nice and at first you think, hey this is great. it glides on relatively smooth and is pretty easy to layer in a nice way, but jeez it lasts for maybe 30 minutes.
totally not worth it. smudges all over my eyelids and even off my bottom lid. which is crazy to me.

on 10/5/2011 9:07:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

very pigmented eyeliner and it's so creamy smooth and glides on so easily. i love love love the smudger on the end and use it for a softer effect on my lower lash line. the colour stays on for a long time and does not smudge as much as other eyeliners. great quality for a drugstore product!

on 10/5/2011 8:54:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Edit- irritates my eyes like nothing else!!

Very very good quality, ds or not. Does NOT fade on me. Very dark and well pigmented. Currently i prefer mac smoulder for a smudgier look... (but it's not as black and defined looking as this one!)
But this is a good one to fall back on when i don't want a smudgy look, but a dark defined look. Kinda off putting that drugstore prices are pretty high these days :( they should maintain lower prices because people rely on them for that reason, otherwise why not spend a few bucks more on a MAC or urban decay pencil?

Read beauty and the bullshit's article on pencil liners (google it)... It explains the whole price point difference betwewn ds and high end... And why pricier does not necessarily equate better quality..

on 9/29/2011 2:10:00 AM

Honestly, it's whatever. I had to dig this eyeliner into my eyes to get a black line -_-

on 9/20/2011 3:45:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I think the key to prevent this liner from smudging horribly is to let it set before you touch your eyes or blink excessively. The formula of this pencil is very soft and creamy (similar in texture to products like the UD 24/7 pencils, L'Oreal HIP Chrome liners, Prestige Total Intensity and Milani Liquif'eye pencils). Pigmentation-wise, this black is not the most intense black I've seen in a liner. It requires two coats to get a nice black line and with one coat, it looks more grey-black in colour. I use this mainly for my waterline and tight-lining. It does a good job and stays put for almost the entire day. I can't use this for my upper lash line since it tends to smudge easily on me. Good for intentional smudging but not for those who like precise clean lines. Due to the soft nature of these pencils, sharpening is a pain. I like to let mine sit in the fridge for an hour before sharpening to reduce wasting/breaking the pencil as you sharpen it.