July 23, 2014 | 1840 users online

Eyeliner - Tarte - EmphasEYES waterproof clay eye shadow & liner

rated 3 of 5 on 3/11/2012 7:04:00 PM More reviews by kaycee66

My very first review on MUA!

Eyeliner is a must in my world, so I have and will reviews for other liners I have tried in the past.

I really like Tarte and it's environmental philosophy, not to mention good products and great packaging.

Sadly, their emphasEYES eyeliner is not a clear winner for me.

I bought both the "black" and "bronze" colours, which I would give two ratings for. The main difference, besides the colour, is the staying power. I find that with most black liners, because of the bags under my eyes, tend to lose it's staying power over time, and I end up having an embarrassing black ring underneath my eye from smiling too much! Unfortunately, the black isn't any different than other brands, and leaves this horrid ring.

The bronze colour, however, had a much stronger staying power, and it has a slight shimmer which I think is great for Summer. Although I still recommend the bronze, I think it is better suited for individuals who have a warmer skin tone as it is more of a copper-brown.

The big plus with this product? Two-sided brush that comes with!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2012 6:33:00 PM More reviews by nearyroth

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this in black, so I use it as an eyeliner, which it is AMAZING for. It applies buttery smooth and jet-black and it is easy to create a thick or thin line. Mine didn't come with a brush since I got this in a set. I have my own brushes though. Also, I feel this has dried out a little. It used to be so smooth and now it doesn't apply as easily. I've had this for a month. Overall, I would repurchase this.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/15/2012 5:34:00 PM More reviews by dlasky

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have oily eyelids, and at first it stayed put. It must have been waiting for me to give a favorable review (this is an edit), because now it won't stay on without a primer. I didn't change anything in my routine, so I don't know what the deal is. It must be the weirdness I've seen other women over 40 describe; my skin is suddenly dry, sensitive, and oily at the same time. As other reviews have noted, it dries out quickly, but so did the much pricier Cle de Peau. The double-tipped brush is wonderful, but a little tricky for me to use on the lower eyelashes (I prefer a light touch, not a smoky eye.) I'm currently trying out other brands and using this until I find something better.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2012 3:15:00 PM More reviews by piinkcheeks27

I really dont like this creme/gel liner at all! I bought it with the set with the brush which I loooove! THis stuff was amazing the first few times I tried it, then it dried out on me! Sucks cuz this stuff aint cheap. Its 20 bucks or more (w/ the brush) So in all i felt like I didnt waste money cuz I guess I paid for the brush which is awesome. I like Wet n wild gel liner better or MAC blacktrack. Seriously, skip this one!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/28/2012 3:07:00 PM More reviews by LilyMakeupEvan

I never really got a chance to use this product because it dried out on me! Only after a month of buying it, the stuff dried up, so I had to throw it out. In short, if you can use up this liner in a month or so, its probably amazing, other save your bucks. The Maybelline gel liner doesnot dry up like this one does, so I reccomend that. Would I repurchase? Nope.
Let me know if this review was helpful or not and check out my reviews on other liners :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2012 5:27:00 PM More reviews by EvilyKyoko

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have the bronze one, which i use as a shadow. this has not creased on me yet. I really like it so far, and it's such a pretty color! It's very easy to apply with your finger, and you don't need to top it with a shadow. I plan to use this on mornings when I want an easy makeup look. I just wish there was more product here for the price.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/15/2012 3:32:00 PM More reviews by pulitzer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Unfortunately, I also have to go with the negative side of reviews on here.
Works well upon first using (relatively smooth application, good staying power) but quickly dried up in a month to a harder consistency - the resulting product was not only more difficult to get on my liner brush but was also harder to apply to my eyelid as it tugged. Perhaps the container is not as airtight as it could be to keep it usable longer?

Though this product is quite water resistant and has good lasting power, I'd go with the more emollient Bobbi Brown or ELF cream liner, both of which I have tried and like! I've also tried Tarte's inner rim liner pencil which I hated upon immediate use and ranted about on here...I'd agree that Tarte's eye products need some work compared to their great cheek and lip products.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/15/2012 1:14:00 PM More reviews by xyz07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I would have given this product 5 stars when I first bought it but over time, it dried out to a thick clay consistency which made it hard to work with and made cleaning it off my brush into a nightmarish task. Not worth the effort so I chucked it to the trash.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2012 4:08:00 PM More reviews by fallingashes93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

wonderful eyeliner. stays put all day. you need to be fast when applying this and make sure to make no mistakes cause it will be really hard to fix the mistake. if you put on foundation before eye makeup, make sure to put on eye makeup before foundation so you can fix the eye makeup without messing up your foundation.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/3/2012 9:29:00 PM More reviews by StupidUserNames

This product is expensive and it plain sucks in less than an hour this crappy overpriced eyeliner ran all over my face I looked as is I had been crying. The only reason why I didn't return it was because I like the brush. I will never repurchase ever again!