October 22, 2014 | 1423 users online

Eyeliner - Tarte - EmphasEYES waterproof clay eye shadow & liner

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2012 2:59:00 PM More reviews by blua

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I bought this for CAD $29. So that makes it like $15 for the brush & gel liner. This is actually my first gel liner. I've only tried liquid or pencil (but find both stray) this actually stays on ALL day, does not smudge or give me a raccoon eye effect later on in the day. It's a nice dark black and is easy enough to work with. I'm not too crazy for the brush, but it is nice. I just don't know how to store it since I lost the protective cap for the one end :(. I will buy again when I run out.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/10/2012 4:26:00 PM More reviews by Pyxxeestyx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Dries immediately upon meeting AIR. Doesn't go on smooth. I had to redo my entire eye afterwards bc this stuff is the worst. Waste of money. But i kept the brush : )

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2012 4:07:00 PM More reviews by ksasi04

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a really nice, natural eyeliner. I love that it comes with it's own brush which makes the whole thing a pretty decent value, and I like that it glides on smoothly.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2012 5:57:00 PM More reviews by poncholefty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this product. I got it in black a sampler pack (I guess that's what you'd call it!) agt Ulta with some eye shadows and a lip stain. I bought it a while back so I don't remember all the details. :) I've taken up tightlining after a LM makeover and watching some YT videos. I don't normally use waterproof makeup, and didn't realize this was WP, but it washes off really easily. It lasts all day, and stays put. It works well for tightlining - for me - and love the way it makes my eyes pop. I would probably buy this again, but it's going to last me forever!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2012 7:58:00 PM More reviews by lestrange

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I was really excited to try these liners when they came out. I immediately bought the bronze one. It was perfect for summer. It's a very beautiful shimmery brown. It's a very smooth formula. I actually really liked using it as an eyeshadow base across my entire lid. The two sided brush it comes with is really great. I use it to apply most of my cream liners. I honestly didn't use it that much since I have so many other products, but a bit into the fall when I went to use it again, it was completely dried out! I was very disappointed at this and it ended up being a waste of a great product (and my money). So if you want to get your money's worth, I recommend this for someone who will use it every day.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2012 9:36:00 AM More reviews by hansa4

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is sort of a comparison between this product, and my first love, Blacktrack.

I first tried this when I bought a Tarte value pack from Sephora. I wasn't expecting anything special, but this product wowed me. For a little while, it completely replaced my MAC Blacktrack.

I find that this stays on my lower lash line better than Blacktrack, but it still migrates by the end of the day. I'm not sure if I have exceptionally watery lids, but I have yet to find an eyeliner that stays put all day. It runs mostly in my outer corner, where my eyes are the most watery but stays put very nicely every where else, which is a huge improvement over Blacktrack.

This product does dry out very quickly, but I found that this increases the staying power on my waterline. However, it makes lining my upper lash line quite difficult.

The perfect combination for me is to use Blacktrack on my upper lash line and this product on my lower lash line. I've yet to find a better combination, and am quite pleased with the results.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/11/2012 7:04:00 PM More reviews by kaycee66

My very first review on MUA!

Eyeliner is a must in my world, so I have and will reviews for other liners I have tried in the past.

I really like Tarte and it's environmental philosophy, not to mention good products and great packaging.

Sadly, their emphasEYES eyeliner is not a clear winner for me.

I bought both the "black" and "bronze" colours, which I would give two ratings for. The main difference, besides the colour, is the staying power. I find that with most black liners, because of the bags under my eyes, tend to lose it's staying power over time, and I end up having an embarrassing black ring underneath my eye from smiling too much! Unfortunately, the black isn't any different than other brands, and leaves this horrid ring.

The bronze colour, however, had a much stronger staying power, and it has a slight shimmer which I think is great for Summer. Although I still recommend the bronze, I think it is better suited for individuals who have a warmer skin tone as it is more of a copper-brown.

The big plus with this product? Two-sided brush that comes with!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2012 6:33:00 PM More reviews by nearyroth

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this in black, so I use it as an eyeliner, which it is AMAZING for. It applies buttery smooth and jet-black and it is easy to create a thick or thin line. Mine didn't come with a brush since I got this in a set. I have my own brushes though. Also, I feel this has dried out a little. It used to be so smooth and now it doesn't apply as easily. I've had this for a month. Overall, I would repurchase this.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/15/2012 5:34:00 PM More reviews by dlasky

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have oily eyelids, and at first it stayed put. It must have been waiting for me to give a favorable review (this is an edit), because now it won't stay on without a primer. I didn't change anything in my routine, so I don't know what the deal is. It must be the weirdness I've seen other women over 40 describe; my skin is suddenly dry, sensitive, and oily at the same time. As other reviews have noted, it dries out quickly, but so did the much pricier Cle de Peau. The double-tipped brush is wonderful, but a little tricky for me to use on the lower eyelashes (I prefer a light touch, not a smoky eye.) I'm currently trying out other brands and using this until I find something better.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2012 3:15:00 PM More reviews by piinkcheeks27

I really dont like this creme/gel liner at all! I bought it with the set with the brush which I loooove! THis stuff was amazing the first few times I tried it, then it dried out on me! Sucks cuz this stuff aint cheap. Its 20 bucks or more (w/ the brush) So in all i felt like I didnt waste money cuz I guess I paid for the brush which is awesome. I like Wet n wild gel liner better or MAC blacktrack. Seriously, skip this one!