April 21, 2014 | 938 users online

Lips - Revlon - Just Bitten Lipstain + Balm

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2012 9:59:00 AM More reviews by GlamorousGlitterXox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really love this product. It is truly wonderful and easy to use. See my full review at: glamorousglitter.blogspot.com

rated 2 of 5 on 11/8/2012 7:50:00 PM More reviews by Karowin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I bought this in the color Twilight, and didn't end up using it too much because it didn't last, and stains any dry skin on your lips. It's a nice color, but applys pretty inconsistently, and the balm at the end already broke in half after a few uses. I'll give it some lippies for color, but that's about it... I would rather find something longer lasting in a similar color.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2012 3:08:00 AM More reviews by Gaijin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This accentuated any flakes, and dried out my lips. The color went on way darker than it looked, applied unevenly, and the balm was not moisturizing. This went in the trash.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/3/2012 8:10:00 AM More reviews by sclw88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this product a few hours ago from the drugstore. I swatched the sample and it was quite pigmented. Bought it and thought the lipbalm was nice (like chapstick) but the stain did absolutely nothing for me. Dries within minutes and then when I got home to try it again, the stain just didn't work. It kept coming out with clear liquid like water and no color to it. I tried to tap the color out, I tried to swatch it on my hand, and I tried shaking the thing. Nothing worked. In the end I think my lips were red from the all "reapplying" and tapping i tried to do to get the stain out. Basically, I just bought an expensive fragrant free, color-free, lip balm. Fail of a product.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/2/2012 3:05:00 AM More reviews by annafefifofanna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I am giving this same review to both this product and the NYC Smooch Proof Lipstain. They are basically the same only this one has a balm. Ok let me start with the good parts. When I first got this product I loved it. The colors are awesome and leave a beautiful "I just drank some kool-aid" look on your lips. I was absolutely obsessed with it. But it's huge flaw that I cannot get passed is that it dries, BADLY. The balm is of no use whatsoever, mine broke the first day I had it. I apply my own chapstick before I apply this but it creases into the dry parts in your lips and while the rest rubs off throughout the day it leaves the creases and edges of your lips with color. Not a good look. The product itself dries out quickly and becomes hard to apply. I was just upset. The colors are wonderful and look beautiful when first applied. But I can't deal with the hassle of having to check my lips all the time and make sure they don't look horrid after I go out. And do not get me started on how badly this smells and tastes!! Disgusting! Also like to add the colors are much darker on than they appear to be in the package. Yup, so for the price, I definitely won't be repurchasing sadly. I do like the lipstain idea though and will be looking into others.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/3/2012 5:34:00 PM More reviews by 00Lindsay00

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Stain dries out lips and balm hard as a rock, no moisture. Settled into lines.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/2/2012 2:21:00 AM More reviews by zamoradiana

I purchased this today in "Passion" after I couldn't find the regular balm-less Revlon Just Bitten Lipstain in "Sweetheart" thinking, "Eh...it's still a pink lipstain!" Plus the counter at Target where these were shelved had a thing that said these Just Bitten Lipstains+balm had been recognized by Allure as being super awesome or something so thought I couldn't go wrong! Well... I should have waited until I found the "Sweetheart" one...
The Just Bitten Lipstain + Balm makes me feel like I'm applying lip product with a Sharpie. The pointed tip is good for precision on my lip's edges, but I need to fill in the rest of my lips using the side of the lipstain pen. I dislike how the balm is just kind of there...the Maybelline 24 hour lip colors have the balm attached to one end, but you can twist it out to avoid it breaking and coming off, whereas the Revlon one appears to have the entire balm already sticking out with no option to twist it down thus breakage is an accident waiting to happen!
After first applying it onto my lips, the lipstain tingled and made my lips feel weird! After a few minutes, the tingly sensation did not stop. The color is buildable and does look nice, it doesn't transfer and the balm does help, however when compared to the regular Revlon Just Bitten Lipstains, I'd opt for the latter instead :/ Do not recommend! I give it a 1 simply because I do like the color pigmentation, but nothing else! Not the price, the packaging, how it made my lips feel, or the fact that it's difficult to remove all traces off my lips!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/13/2012 3:12:00 PM More reviews by joph7355

I tried this in 2 different colors. I was happy with how the colors looked and stayed on from morning till night. My problem came when using these products for 4 days my lips become so severely dry that they actually were peeling. Loved the staying power but not at the expense of my lips. It has taken me a week now to get my lips back to how they were before I started using this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2012 11:43:00 AM More reviews by radlett

I dig it. I bought "dawn" and love the color. It's very easy to control strength of the color from super subtle to intense. It definitely doesn't last all day, more like a couple of hours, if that. I think that is just the nature of stain. I think I'm going to run out of this quickly. I have used other stains in the past by Stila ($20/tube) that were more lipsticky and that didn't last at all, so for the price, I recommend this.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2012 6:29:00 PM More reviews by RVashus

For the price I LOVE this lip stain. The color I bought (Gothic) was the perfect color and was exactly what I was looking for! It lasted forever and the balm it comes with works great just by itself or if you want to add some shine. Normally I don't use it though.