July 28, 2014 | 2086 users online

Pressed Powders - Hard Candy - Welcome Matte Mattifying Powder [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2012 6:10:00 PM More reviews by Lesl5

I picked this up about 2 weeks ago from Walmart. The compact is very cute and sturdy & great for carrying in your purse or bookbag for touch ups on the go. I live in Arizona, and while walking around my university campus I do tend to get a little bit oily on my face but I just dab a little of the powder with a kabuki brush and I'm good to go! It is very translucent and doesn't provide any coverage so I wear it over my foundation. It does the job without making my face look chalky and dry like other matte products do. I would definitely recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2012 9:16:00 PM More reviews by BeatFaceBeauty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the perfect mattifying pressed powder compact to carry around in your purse, I'm now on my second one, my first dropped on a cement floor and that was the end of it :( I tried to attempt to keep using what was still left in the pan but since it was all crumbly it just didn't work out. I love the little heart shaped sponge that it comes with, also the "Get ready for your closeup" on the mirror is too cute, except that it rubs off too easily so now its just black smudged lines :( I used to use this to set my face makeup everyday with a kabuki, before I got my HG Elf HD loose setting powder <3. Now I use it for touch ups when I'm out and about and need to check my face/take care of shine. Works great, I will repurchase it I don't find something cheaper and equally as good.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2012 5:33:00 AM More reviews by xoSweetestSin

Great blotting powder! Doesn't make you look like a ghost, gets rid of shine/oil. If my face gets oily, I like to take a tissue and dab my face first, and then blot on the mattifying powder. I never use the kute little heart shaped sponge, I use a brush of my own. The price is excellent and worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2012 4:30:00 PM More reviews by RingofFire

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Will update. So far I like this very much. I purchased two at Walfart because at eight bucks it was such a steal. I also did not want to pay over 30 bucks for my usual he favorite or go on evil bay and get sniped out. All I wanted was a powder that would set my liner and keep it from migrating to my upper lids, so far doing the job.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2012 9:30:00 PM More reviews by Xaephan

Love this! I wore it for over 8 hours over my Missha BB cream, and only blotted/re-applied powder once during lunch. I have very oily skin that would get super shiny quickly, so to go the whole day without smearing or shining is amazing. Usually my foundation/BB cream would smear off when I touch my face at the end of the day, but not when I wear this.

My only complaint is that the packaging is a bit bulky, and the mirror is under the powder, so you have to flip it over and over when applying powder. The included sponge is quite nice too, even though I use my retractable brush instead. Pretty affordable as well.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/21/2012 2:40:00 PM More reviews by missaelync

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I would only stick to this product if it actually came in colors not transparent. I tried it and yes it worked on mattifying my skin but i look so paled and dull after if your light and pale then this will work for you but if not i wouldnt recommend!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2012 12:37:00 AM More reviews by marippe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

this has replaced my usual setting powder, rimmel stay matte. I love this powder! i do have to reapply once/twice because i have oily/combo skin, but i don't mind at all. i throw this in my bag with a cheapo elf kabuki brush and off i go. it doesn't leave my face looking cakey. the huge bonus is the packaging - much more portable and secure than rimmel stay matte. It's a little more expensive, but the convenience of the packaging (and cuteness) makes up for it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2012 9:39:00 PM More reviews by stellar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this powder. I've never really been able to find one that mattified my normal/combination skin where I needed it to without looking chalky and making dry patches more obvious, or that lasted a decent amount of time and set my makeup to a natural finish. This powder works wonderfully. I can dust it on after applying my makeup and it just gives a refined, finished look to my face, rather than making it look chalky or over-powdered. It just looks natural, and it lasts a long time and never makes my skin dry or flaky. I'm still on my first compact and have a little bit left, and I bought it last Spring. So it's lasted me almost a year and I've literally used it every day (except for the few days I was sick and didn't put makeup on), at least once but more often twice a day, as I tend to have long days and need that touch-up in the evening. The packaging is pretty decent, though I do wish the compact was more, well, compact. It's pretty thick and has a bubble-top lid that sticks up, but it's really nothing to complain about. The pan with the powder lifts up and there's a mirror under that, along with a compartment with a sponge for application. (At least I think it was a sponge... Whatever it was, I didn't use it and tossed it so I can only assume it wasn't very effective.) This costs only $8 at Wal Mart. I already have a new compact on-hand for when this runs out, so I have repurchased and will continue to do so. I'm also going to pick up their Moon Glow powder (I believe it's called) because I've heard great things about that as well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2012 3:48:00 PM More reviews by dawnfire90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm an NW05 and this is light enough for me. It makes my shiny sunscreened skin matte with just a little bit of product. I find that it applies the best and most natural with my E.L.F Studio Powder Brush in a stippling motion without tapping off the extra powder. The sponge it comes with sucks, I tried using a round sponge and sweeping it on but it looked terrible, so definitely apply with a brush. It hasn't made me break out which is awesome, and it lasts on the face a long time as well. Definitely recommend

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2012 5:21:00 PM More reviews by Reservechic

A great product for anyone that has combination/oily skin (like myself) that needs oil control. It really works well at keeping my face shine free for a very long period of hours. Also it doesn't cake up on the face. And, it has absolutely no smell to it either.

One of the best beauty buys one can make!