November 27, 2014 | 979 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - LUSH - Colour Supplement

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2013 7:29:00 PM More reviews by oubliette

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this in Light Yellow, which is a perfect winter match for my pale Asian skin. I was surprised at how much coverage this gives, as I was under the impression that it was marketed more as a tinted moisturiser. The coverage is that of a medium-coverage foundation, and you'd need to mix it with moisturiser to get a more TM feel. That said, it has a light whipped texture and feels airy on the skin which is nice.

The goods:
- great colour match for pale yellow toned folk (not that easy to find usually)
- price is reasonable... looks like a small jar but it lasts longer than you'd think
- no animal testing
- readily available in many countries via shops or mail order
- nice light feel on the skin
- good at covering up redness

The neutrals:
- packaging is not great but functional, as with many LUSH products

The bads:
- contains parabens, which is a shame for an otherwise natural product
- is a bit chalky and hard to spread on the skin without first moisturising

I am very picky with foundation and colour matching, and I've found that LUSH colour supplement for me is pretty close to what I like. It does settle into dry patches and I find it hard to blend, so I would not recommend this for dryer skin. I have combo skin and must make sure my face is regularly exfoliated in order that the product doesn't emphasise flaky patches.

I would recommend getting a sample from a local LUSH shop, if you can. LUSH is very generous with samples and they provided me with a little pot that lasted me over two weeks with daily use.

Me: MAC NC 20-25, combo skin, problems with acne scarring, redness, and brown spots

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2013 12:50:00 PM More reviews by clarkesac1985

I have recently repurchased Lush's Colour Supplement in Light Yellow and love the results. On a recent weekend trip, I took only my lush colour supplement as double duty foundation and concealer. Very impressed and cut down the time it would take to get ready for an evening out.

The consistency is a bit thicker, so as recommended, it is good to work with a smooth, clean and well moisturized face. That being said, I don't normally wear moisturizer and found that as the day progressed, the product made my skin dewy. I apply fingers in the pot (which is a downside to the product as it is not the most hygiene friendly) and applied like moisturizer and then finger dabbed on areas requiring extra coverage.

I am very pleased with the usage and forgot how much I enjoyed this product. It does cover well when applied with a foundation sponge or brush, but I recommend the fingers as it helps spread the product evenly and warm up the natural oils. You also won't lose product to being absorbed by the sponge or brush. At this price point, it is good not to waste it.

The price point is more expensive ($18.95 CDN) but is worth the ingredients, the result and the overall benefit to the skin. I haven't had any adverse reactions with my skin and even with existing blemishes, I don't find this product to be aggrovating. (Although, with the product containing oils, I don't recommend sleeping or working out with it on).

I've tried many natural foundations and organic beauty products and find this one to be very high quality.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2013 3:20:00 PM More reviews by Teenie485

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I had revlon color stay which was cakey and so thick it was hard to put on and blend. I went into Lush and inquired about their foundations. I was little reluctant since it was in such a tiny jar. But a little goes a long way. Color supplement, for me, was a good match for my skin tone. I got the light pink and it's perfect. It's lightweight, not cakey, easy to blend... And you can mix it w/ your favorite moisturizer to make it a tinted moisturizer and to make it even lighter.

It doesn't seem like a lot, but don't let the small packaging fool you. a little goes a long way. I put it on w/ a foundation brush and then use a sponge to smooth over any whispy lines that might be showing. I have honestly never been so ecstatic over a foundation in my entire life!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/8/2013 10:10:00 AM More reviews by unicornkopi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I wanted to love this tinted moisturizer, I really did. I'm very fair skinned and wanted to find something which could be my day to day base to get me over caking on other foundations which don't allow my skin to breathe.

I'm aware this is a tinted moisturizer, so coverage shouldn't be exceptional but to me this simply melts away into the skin, it just blends in to some kind of nothingness and if I'm completely honest when I used this on my naked skin with some of my favourite Body Shop moisturizer it did not make me feel any different than I felt without any make up at all. I eventually felt I had to find another means of using this (£8.50 is a lot to waste on 20g of makeup), so I blended it into a Max Factor panstick foundation I had previously found too drying, it gave nice coverage and a lovely pale glow - I used both like this for every day wear for a while and can't complain, but really neither of the items I were using were good in their own right, I had to mix them up to find a nice balance.

My one positive here is that it smells delicious like most LUSH products, with a damask rose infusion. The colour is beautiful with yellowy pale tones, its a whipped sort of texture and the packaging is very cute. I wouldn't buy this again though, maybe for £5 it would be worth it for sunny lazy days when you want little makeup, but for the price it's just of little use really.

Sorry LUSH!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/9/2013 12:57:00 AM More reviews by LeMaki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Yikes, even the lightest shade of this foundation was too dark for my skin. It also doesn't have that great of coverage if you mix it in with moisturiser (as I have to do if I want to look even slightly natural). Won't be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2013 10:33:00 PM More reviews by alliemily

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I don't want to jinx it and speak too soon but I have been using this for two days and absolutely love it.
I use the shade Jackie Oates (i'm MUFE HD 117, about NW10-15) and the shade matches me perfectly. I apply it with a flat top foundation brush to the center of my face and blend outwards.
Covers my active breakouts and my scars as well as corrects redness.
The packaging sucks but it's worth it, and it's not that much more than a drugstore foundation and is fairly natural so it's definitely worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2013 2:47:00 AM More reviews by jadetanya

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've started to use this instead of foundation, because using lush's products have made my skin clear up and the redness/pimples that remain are IMMEDIATELY covered by this amazing product when I use the tiniest amount. It blends really well and because you only need a tiny bit it lasts for ages and works out being really cheap. It doesn't irritate my skin at all and I feel safe wearing it daily!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2013 5:27:00 AM More reviews by chuppachups8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I use it as a concealer rather than a tinted moisturiser and it does a really good job.

Pros:
-It surprisingly has amazing coverage - It covers redness, any blemishes and pimples with just the tiniest bit of the product. One con in terms of coverage is that it looks terrible when used over dark under eye circles.
-A little goes a long way -I've used the pot for spots here and there on the face and for redness around the nose for more than a year and it's not even half finished (past its used by date too!)
-Matches the skin tone well - It might just be me but it sort of adjusted to my skin tone.
-Quite cheap - For its many pros, it is well worth the price

Cons:

-Staying power - It doesn't last for the whole day but around half a day.
-Packaging - It comes in a pot and the product is a bit watery so it was hard to get the right amount that I wanted. I just prefer bottle pumps as it is easier to control and more hygenic but I've already been sold by it's benefits.
-For me, I couldn't use it as a tinted moisturiser, it just wouldn't absorb into my skin and therefore left strange yellow streaks on the smooth parts of the face and emphasised my dark under eye circles

rated 3 of 5 on 12/25/2012 12:33:00 PM More reviews by vionnalee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Not bad, but nothing amazing either.

If this product were a bit cheaper I would've bumped up its ratings by quite a fair bit because I cannot justify paying SGD$30(15 pounds) for such a small pot of product, although I did manage to get it in a Lush sale for 1-1.

It has decent coverage, good for evening out skin tone, but will not cover your post acne scars if you have any. Good if you already have decent skin with mild blemishes, not so great if you want some serious heavy duty pigmentation.

Feels nice on my skin though, seems to last about 12 hours on me when powdered. Smells too organic in the pot but disappears when on contact with skin.

Will repurchase, but will not run out of the house like a maniac when I hit the bottom of the jar.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2012 6:15:00 PM More reviews by Christy1745

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have FINALLY figured out how this works best for me. I really think it varies from person to person. I take a bit of Lush Vanishing Cream moisturizer, and slightly MORE of the Dark Yellow Color Supplement, and blend them really well together with my fingers, then put it on like I was just putting moisturizer on. (Yes I have thoroughly washed my hands before I do this!) Before, I was putting it on like foundation and it wouldn't sink in properly - I'd be shiny by noon. Now it works perfectly and I'm moisturized, dewy but not shiny. This is the greatest. Your real skin can actually breathe and be seen without a mask-like layer of makeup, which is how I was wearing foundation before. I still wear concealer for under-eye circles and the occasional spot, though. I'm not CRAZY about the packaging, but I'm using a little plastic scoop to get the product I need out. Overall, I'm really happy with this.