December 19, 2014 | 1483 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - LUSH - Colour Supplement

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2013 6:56:00 AM More reviews by lizzylikeslipstick

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Jackie Oates in this is just the perfect match for my skin tone (I think I'd be an NW10 or below in Mac), it's fair and neutral so it balances out any redness. The formulation is pretty good, generally smooth and light though it can go chalky when applied straight as a foundation. I find if you mousturize well and just use less this isn't a problem- a little goes a long way. It feels really good on the skin, providing light-medium coverage. It covers my redness, some acne scarring and blemishes (not all), and hides enlarged pores. I think the best thing about this product is the ingredients, which are natural and soothing. It doesn't feel heavy on the skin, and doesn't cause breakouts. Overall just a decent product, that I would buy again but is just not quite HG.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2013 10:25:00 AM More reviews by princessmaria

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Please take the time to read this!
I'm writing to try and persuade everyone to go and buy this product!!!
Firstly, the ingredients are beautiful: rose hip and aloe vera are calming and titanium dioxide is one of the best physical sun blocks (although this product does not claim it has an SPF, it has ingredients this ingredient to suggest so, yet i would still use an spf moisturiser).
I use Jackie Oates, which is the lightest shade. it can be used as a concealer, which works miracles around dark circles and redness around the nose, chin and mouth. It also helps hide blemishes and spots (when applied directly onto them and patted into the skin and set with a powder).
Other than a concealer, it can be used as a tinted moistoriser when added to ur favourite moistoriser, such as a good SPF day cream.
It can also be used neat on the skin, like a foundation, but if you do this you must apply your moisterisor before as it can get cakey and thick on dry skin.
When you have applied this product, as a concealer or foundation etc, set it with a mineral foundation powder. Your skin will look dewy and healthy.
This product comes in different shades from light/dark pink, light/dark yellow and Jackie Oates for pale tones. To find your right shade apply the tester in the shop on your cheek or jaw bone.
Don't let the LUSH staff urge you to buy two different shades to mix, as the product can be made darker or lighter with the amount you apply - although it is up to you what you feel is best!
I begrudge paying a lot for make up, but for the price of £8 (i think), one of the most expensive things in my make up bag, it is really worth it. It lasts for ages, i have had mine over a year and it still is great.
The scent is not strong, but does not smell like your regular concealer. The smell is irrelevant when you apply it with ur moisterisor anyway.
Let me know how you get on, it is my No 1 product and I couldn't wear make up without it! x

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2013 7:29:00 PM More reviews by oubliette

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this in Light Yellow, which is a perfect winter match for my pale Asian skin. I was surprised at how much coverage this gives, as I was under the impression that it was marketed more as a tinted moisturiser. The coverage is that of a medium-coverage foundation, and you'd need to mix it with moisturiser to get a more TM feel. That said, it has a light whipped texture and feels airy on the skin which is nice.

The goods:
- great colour match for pale yellow toned folk (not that easy to find usually)
- price is reasonable... looks like a small jar but it lasts longer than you'd think
- no animal testing
- readily available in many countries via shops or mail order
- nice light feel on the skin
- good at covering up redness

The neutrals:
- packaging is not great but functional, as with many LUSH products

The bads:
- contains parabens, which is a shame for an otherwise natural product
- is a bit chalky and hard to spread on the skin without first moisturising

I am very picky with foundation and colour matching, and I've found that LUSH colour supplement for me is pretty close to what I like. It does settle into dry patches and I find it hard to blend, so I would not recommend this for dryer skin. I have combo skin and must make sure my face is regularly exfoliated in order that the product doesn't emphasise flaky patches.

I would recommend getting a sample from a local LUSH shop, if you can. LUSH is very generous with samples and they provided me with a little pot that lasted me over two weeks with daily use.

Me: MAC NC 20-25, combo skin, problems with acne scarring, redness, and brown spots

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2013 12:50:00 PM More reviews by clarkesac1985

I have recently repurchased Lush's Colour Supplement in Light Yellow and love the results. On a recent weekend trip, I took only my lush colour supplement as double duty foundation and concealer. Very impressed and cut down the time it would take to get ready for an evening out.

The consistency is a bit thicker, so as recommended, it is good to work with a smooth, clean and well moisturized face. That being said, I don't normally wear moisturizer and found that as the day progressed, the product made my skin dewy. I apply fingers in the pot (which is a downside to the product as it is not the most hygiene friendly) and applied like moisturizer and then finger dabbed on areas requiring extra coverage.

I am very pleased with the usage and forgot how much I enjoyed this product. It does cover well when applied with a foundation sponge or brush, but I recommend the fingers as it helps spread the product evenly and warm up the natural oils. You also won't lose product to being absorbed by the sponge or brush. At this price point, it is good not to waste it.

The price point is more expensive ($18.95 CDN) but is worth the ingredients, the result and the overall benefit to the skin. I haven't had any adverse reactions with my skin and even with existing blemishes, I don't find this product to be aggrovating. (Although, with the product containing oils, I don't recommend sleeping or working out with it on).

I've tried many natural foundations and organic beauty products and find this one to be very high quality.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2013 3:20:00 PM More reviews by Teenie485

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I had revlon color stay which was cakey and so thick it was hard to put on and blend. I went into Lush and inquired about their foundations. I was little reluctant since it was in such a tiny jar. But a little goes a long way. Color supplement, for me, was a good match for my skin tone. I got the light pink and it's perfect. It's lightweight, not cakey, easy to blend... And you can mix it w/ your favorite moisturizer to make it a tinted moisturizer and to make it even lighter.

It doesn't seem like a lot, but don't let the small packaging fool you. a little goes a long way. I put it on w/ a foundation brush and then use a sponge to smooth over any whispy lines that might be showing. I have honestly never been so ecstatic over a foundation in my entire life!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/8/2013 10:10:00 AM More reviews by unicornkopi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I wanted to love this tinted moisturizer, I really did. I'm very fair skinned and wanted to find something which could be my day to day base to get me over caking on other foundations which don't allow my skin to breathe.

I'm aware this is a tinted moisturizer, so coverage shouldn't be exceptional but to me this simply melts away into the skin, it just blends in to some kind of nothingness and if I'm completely honest when I used this on my naked skin with some of my favourite Body Shop moisturizer it did not make me feel any different than I felt without any make up at all. I eventually felt I had to find another means of using this (£8.50 is a lot to waste on 20g of makeup), so I blended it into a Max Factor panstick foundation I had previously found too drying, it gave nice coverage and a lovely pale glow - I used both like this for every day wear for a while and can't complain, but really neither of the items I were using were good in their own right, I had to mix them up to find a nice balance.

My one positive here is that it smells delicious like most LUSH products, with a damask rose infusion. The colour is beautiful with yellowy pale tones, its a whipped sort of texture and the packaging is very cute. I wouldn't buy this again though, maybe for £5 it would be worth it for sunny lazy days when you want little makeup, but for the price it's just of little use really.

Sorry LUSH!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/9/2013 12:57:00 AM More reviews by LeMaki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Yikes, even the lightest shade of this foundation was too dark for my skin. It also doesn't have that great of coverage if you mix it in with moisturiser (as I have to do if I want to look even slightly natural). Won't be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2013 10:33:00 PM More reviews by alliemily

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I don't want to jinx it and speak too soon but I have been using this for two days and absolutely love it.
I use the shade Jackie Oates (i'm MUFE HD 117, about NW10-15) and the shade matches me perfectly. I apply it with a flat top foundation brush to the center of my face and blend outwards.
Covers my active breakouts and my scars as well as corrects redness.
The packaging sucks but it's worth it, and it's not that much more than a drugstore foundation and is fairly natural so it's definitely worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2013 2:47:00 AM More reviews by jadetanya

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've started to use this instead of foundation, because using lush's products have made my skin clear up and the redness/pimples that remain are IMMEDIATELY covered by this amazing product when I use the tiniest amount. It blends really well and because you only need a tiny bit it lasts for ages and works out being really cheap. It doesn't irritate my skin at all and I feel safe wearing it daily!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2013 5:27:00 AM More reviews by chuppachups8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I use it as a concealer rather than a tinted moisturiser and it does a really good job.

Pros:
-It surprisingly has amazing coverage - It covers redness, any blemishes and pimples with just the tiniest bit of the product. One con in terms of coverage is that it looks terrible when used over dark under eye circles.
-A little goes a long way -I've used the pot for spots here and there on the face and for redness around the nose for more than a year and it's not even half finished (past its used by date too!)
-Matches the skin tone well - It might just be me but it sort of adjusted to my skin tone.
-Quite cheap - For its many pros, it is well worth the price

Cons:

-Staying power - It doesn't last for the whole day but around half a day.
-Packaging - It comes in a pot and the product is a bit watery so it was hard to get the right amount that I wanted. I just prefer bottle pumps as it is easier to control and more hygenic but I've already been sold by it's benefits.
-For me, I couldn't use it as a tinted moisturiser, it just wouldn't absorb into my skin and therefore left strange yellow streaks on the smooth parts of the face and emphasised my dark under eye circles