August 21, 2014 | 1862 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - LUSH - Colour Supplement

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2013 10:33:00 PM More reviews by alliemily

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I don't want to jinx it and speak too soon but I have been using this for two days and absolutely love it.
I use the shade Jackie Oates (i'm MUFE HD 117, about NW10-15) and the shade matches me perfectly. I apply it with a flat top foundation brush to the center of my face and blend outwards.
Covers my active breakouts and my scars as well as corrects redness.
The packaging sucks but it's worth it, and it's not that much more than a drugstore foundation and is fairly natural so it's definitely worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2013 2:47:00 AM More reviews by jadetanya

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've started to use this instead of foundation, because using lush's products have made my skin clear up and the redness/pimples that remain are IMMEDIATELY covered by this amazing product when I use the tiniest amount. It blends really well and because you only need a tiny bit it lasts for ages and works out being really cheap. It doesn't irritate my skin at all and I feel safe wearing it daily!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2013 5:27:00 AM More reviews by chuppachups8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I use it as a concealer rather than a tinted moisturiser and it does a really good job.

Pros:
-It surprisingly has amazing coverage - It covers redness, any blemishes and pimples with just the tiniest bit of the product. One con in terms of coverage is that it looks terrible when used over dark under eye circles.
-A little goes a long way -I've used the pot for spots here and there on the face and for redness around the nose for more than a year and it's not even half finished (past its used by date too!)
-Matches the skin tone well - It might just be me but it sort of adjusted to my skin tone.
-Quite cheap - For its many pros, it is well worth the price

Cons:

-Staying power - It doesn't last for the whole day but around half a day.
-Packaging - It comes in a pot and the product is a bit watery so it was hard to get the right amount that I wanted. I just prefer bottle pumps as it is easier to control and more hygenic but I've already been sold by it's benefits.
-For me, I couldn't use it as a tinted moisturiser, it just wouldn't absorb into my skin and therefore left strange yellow streaks on the smooth parts of the face and emphasised my dark under eye circles

rated 3 of 5 on 12/25/2012 12:33:00 PM More reviews by vionnalee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Not bad, but nothing amazing either.

If this product were a bit cheaper I would've bumped up its ratings by quite a fair bit because I cannot justify paying SGD$30(15 pounds) for such a small pot of product, although I did manage to get it in a Lush sale for 1-1.

It has decent coverage, good for evening out skin tone, but will not cover your post acne scars if you have any. Good if you already have decent skin with mild blemishes, not so great if you want some serious heavy duty pigmentation.

Feels nice on my skin though, seems to last about 12 hours on me when powdered. Smells too organic in the pot but disappears when on contact with skin.

Will repurchase, but will not run out of the house like a maniac when I hit the bottom of the jar.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2012 6:15:00 PM More reviews by Christy1745

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have FINALLY figured out how this works best for me. I really think it varies from person to person. I take a bit of Lush Vanishing Cream moisturizer, and slightly MORE of the Dark Yellow Color Supplement, and blend them really well together with my fingers, then put it on like I was just putting moisturizer on. (Yes I have thoroughly washed my hands before I do this!) Before, I was putting it on like foundation and it wouldn't sink in properly - I'd be shiny by noon. Now it works perfectly and I'm moisturized, dewy but not shiny. This is the greatest. Your real skin can actually breathe and be seen without a mask-like layer of makeup, which is how I was wearing foundation before. I still wear concealer for under-eye circles and the occasional spot, though. I'm not CRAZY about the packaging, but I'm using a little plastic scoop to get the product I need out. Overall, I'm really happy with this.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2012 9:20:00 PM More reviews by GabbyGee

Okay I admit I don't like the pot. Mostly because of hygiene but also because I don't like getting make up underneath my nail when I reach into the pot (and I keep my nails boy short, I couldn't imagine long nails)
HOWEVER, this is the only foundation I have ever fallen in love with and stuck too. I have oily/combo skin and I am part asian, the Dark Yellow is my perfect color no matter what season, which is amazing! It doesn't cause me to break out like all other brands do and since I have oily skin I never thought that I could get the "dewy" complexion... but this gave me that! Because of it's natural oils it works as a moisturizer as well and decreased the amount of oil that my skin was producing leaving it acne-free (except for once a month during "that time"), hydrated, dewy, refreshed and perfectly blended in!
i used to use my finger tips to apply it but I started putting small dots around my face then buffing it with a fluffy brush. I like this effect better because I don't miss any spots or streaks and if you blend, blend, blend until it starts to feel tacky (this is a tip for any foundation by the way) then it is perfectly buffed and settles neatly into your skin, looking natural and flawless.

I love this product. I am a huge fan of Lush and was weary to purchase make up from them but this one has blown my mind. I couldn't imagine what product I would use if I didn't have this one!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2012 8:19:00 AM More reviews by Gangajee

I love it , and would give it a 5 if it was 90% or more NATURAL - but found some non-freindly chemicals in it and i am a ambassador of all naturals product .

Practical as :
- you can control with which cream you mix with light or rich .
-it is a little tiny pot
-perfect colors
- you can control the texture and amount

rated 3 of 5 on 10/17/2012 9:46:00 AM More reviews by muaKissAndMakeUp

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I recently reviewed this product for my blog, and I have to say that I was very pleasantly surprised! I used this Colour Supplement as a base under my concealer, instead of my usual yellow color-correcting primer. Here's a summary of what I found:

- Texture - Rich and creamy, like a cream foundation. Definitely a treat for dry skin, but also great for oily yet thirsty combination skin like mine that occasionally needs some extra care.

- Coverage - Medium when used alone and sheer when mixed with moisturizer (kind of like a BB cream).

- Ingredients - Natural rose petal infusion (which smells soft and delicate, definitely not overwhelming), soya oil and rice bran oil. I was afraid that the oils would turn my combination skin into an oil slick, but they didn't. On the contrary, I ended up with beautiful naturally glowing (not oily) skin and it got rid off the few dry patches and flakes I had.

- Color - I used light yellow, which was a tad too light for my skin. Dark yellow would have been better. Also, I found the color more beige than yellow. I wanted a very yellow-based product to even out the redness in my face, so at first I was a bit worried about how light and not quite yellow enough this product looked. But in the end it managed to camouflage my redness, and that's what I wanted.

- Conclusion - I will definitely use this again as a color-correcting base under my foundation.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 9/30/2012 8:53:00 AM More reviews by selenajade

So, my mom bought this a couple weeks ago for days when she actually decides to wear some makeup, and she offered for me to try it. So since I was just about done with foundation and was on the lookout for a tinted mouisturizer for school I decided to put it on this morning. one word: UGH>:( lets just get into the pros and cons..

PROS: travel size jar
"green" product
reasonable price, around 16 dollars
for a TM has a tiny bit more coverae than average, if you can actually lend it

CONS;
theres so little amount in that tiny jar
it smells terrible (that doesnt bug me personally though)
IT DOES NOT BLEND AT ALL, so at first i tried with my fingers since its supposed to be something like a TM. didnt work. then i tried my flat top brush. nope. foundation brush? definely not. Sponge?!! worked out better than the brushes or fingers but STILL WAS THE HARDEST THING TO BLEND OUT, I had streak marks everywherrrrreeeee.:(
it dries out in like .7 seconds after you put it on your face which does not help to blend either...
my face felt disusting after putting this on ewwwwwwww

I can't comment on the lasting power because after trying to put concealer on my dark circles i washed it RIGHT OFF

Anddd speaking off that- when I put or tried to put my concealer on it caked right up !! It was terrible!!
the finish is definetly MATTE and CAKEY ew just no.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2012 11:39:00 PM More reviews by robyn824

Although I'm not thrilled with the price, this is the foundation I have found myself going back to again and again. I have really sensitive skin, so almost all foundations with lots of synthetic ingredients irritate my skin and cause me to break out. This, like all Lush products is all natural and my skin loves it! It goes on so smoothly and it evens out my skin tone, and I can use it as a concealer as well or a tinted moisturizer. It seems to fade a little bit throughout the day, but that might be my own fault for skipping a primer most days! I always buy light yellow, and it seems to blend with my skin tone perfectly year round whether I am a little tan in the summer or pale in the winter. Definitely give this a try!!