Urban Decay All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray

3.8

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Aqua (Water), SD-Alcohol 39-C, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Isononyl Isononanoate Ethylhexyl Isononanoate, Sodium Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate PVP, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Methyl jkDiisopropyl Propionamide, Dimethicone PEG-7 Phosphate, PPG-3 Benzyl Ether Myristate, Glucdonolactone, Sodium Benzoate, Glycereth-5 Lactate, Methyl Methacrylate Cross Polymer, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Fragrance. hh

on 1/5/2015 2:58:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

I love this setting spray. Well in honesty it's the first I've ever used but I've never had my makeup last so well over such a long period. I sprayed this about 4 times on my face on Christmas and my foundation hardly budged for the day despite the mania of the day. The price is high. Perhaps a little too high. But I feel like there is plenty of product in the cans (I have both a full-sized and a travel-sized can). I love it... It's great. Urban Decay have yet to let me down.

on 1/4/2015 2:45:00 AM

My thoughts are mixed on this product - after having it for over a year... I'm still not sure whether I like it or don't like it!

This product on the other hand, does what it says it will. I've noticed that my skin has become less oily and it is pretty lightweight (that is if you spray it on the right way - not too close to your face and not too many sprays). Spraying too close has made my skin too 'wet' and not only caused some of my mascara to clump and smear, but also resulted in a sticky film being cast on my skin. It does have a really nice cooling effect when you spray it on - which I do like :)

I have not noticed any miracle work of this product, although I do not have super oily skin where my makeup doesn't last long and just slips off my face. I also always use a primer for my face, an eye primer and then I set my foundation with powder, so this may be why I'm not seeing a huge difference when I use the spray.

I also found that the packaging surface which has a silicon-y/ matte feel tends to get quite dirty with makeup over time; however that might just be me it happens to.

I would still repurchase regardless.

on 12/28/2014 2:31:00 AM

Used this recently til it ran out. It didn't really make a difference in my opinion. The mist isn't as fine as the MAC one, and you need like 5 sprays to get all the parts of your face cause the mist doesn't cover much. Luckily I bought the travel size, but it ran out in about a month. MAC is way better imo

on 12/23/2014 9:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This is amazing stuff! For a while i was using a cheap version by Kiko which did the job but last for a few hours before it wears off. This is amazing stuff! So i was in Debhanams looking and browsing the Urban Decay Range when the MUA explained the deal which was two for £20 which is a total bargain, she asked if she can try it on my face and i said sure. I explained that i have a oily t zone and i like the dewy finish but i also like it slightly mattiefied lol if that makes sense! So when she sprayed shes like i know! It feels wet but it will dry up and it dead and it makes my makeup look sooo fresh. No cakeyness. It does not cling to any dry patches or run down you face or ruin your makeup it is just perfect. Absolutely love this! Urban decay you did good! Hope this helps x

on 12/20/2014 5:07:00 AM

The very best setting spray ever!!! I have oily acne prone skin. I also have melasma and acne scars (pitted and discoloration) that requires that I apply multiple layers of foundation and concealer on trouble spots and then set with a powder to set. Oftentimes, the layers result in a cake face appearance. In the past, I would just deal with the dry cake face for a few hours until my natural oilyness started coming though to give me a bit of luminosity. About an hour of the luminosity, my makeup would just start to melt off. Then I discovered the All Nighter. :) It takes away the cake face appearance, helps my makeup to last all day and gives me that healthy glow appearance back to my skin. The mist is superfine and doesn't disturb foundation or concealer at all. It has a light fresh scent that doesn't overpower when applying and disappears quickly. My only con is that it is so expensive.

on 12/19/2014 11:32:00 AM

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

This is my first makeup setting spray so I really can't compare it to any other brands. It's suppose to help set your makeup and make it last longer. My face is combo but more on the oily side so I mostly use powder foundation. With a couple sprays, this product helps blend my makeup better and reduce that cakey look. It gives a satin look afterwards, which I like. However, after a couple hours I still feel like my makeup is wearing off. Idk how I feel about this as far as long lasting goes, but I do like it as a setting spray to help blend my makeup

on 12/17/2014 12:28:00 PM

I love this product, but took off a lippie because of the price. I have oily skin and this is the only thing that keeps my makeup looking fresh and cake-free. This one works better than the deslick version in my opinion. I have repurchased and would repurchase again. Wish it were not so expensive, but if it works it is worth it.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

My makeup lasts all day, and night to add. feels light, and doesnt leave a film on the skin. Great!!

on 12/14/2014 10:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Paired with a primer, this keeps my makeup on forever! The only thing I don't like about it is the packaging, having two lids is kind of annoying, and the finish of the bottle picks up all the dust and loose powder and stuff kicking around in my makeup bag.

on 12/14/2014 10:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

This review covers All Nighter, Chill and Dew Me collectively. I was a huge fan since my first trial size of All Nighter and until this very week. All three set makeup beautifully, especially powder foundation, and I take full responsibility for not paying attention to the ingredients before now. I needed something that would hold my makeup in place for long hours and UD provided that in multiple formulas. Unfortunately, my skin can no longer tolerate the alcohol. If you've ever been really dry you've experienced your skin desperately absorbing your foundation in search of moisture and that's what's been happening when I've used UD setting sprays recently. It's not a good look. I didn't notice this before but my skin is drier (age, weather, general non-compliance) and this just isn't for me anymore. I am grateful for the many great makeup days made possible by Urban Decay but I must, with great regret, dispose of this product.

Edit: I can't stress enough how much I relied on the Urban Decay setting sprays. My hairdresser told me the alcohol in aerosols evaporates and therefore shouldn't be drying so I investigated for quite awhile before abandoning it. I tried eliminating my primer, adding oil to my moisturizer, switching foundations, eliminating setting powder and being really stingy with it. It just doesn't work for me (right now) based on my skin's current modus operandi but that doesn't mean it isn't worthwhile. Setting Spray, it's not you. It's me. I'm currently using a DIY of rose water and glycerin and, so far, so good.