Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner Stingray

3.3

Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Peg/Ppg-19/19 Dimethicone, Synthetic Wax, Hydrogenated Polydicyclopentadiene, Nylon-12, C20-40 Alcohols, Perfluorononyl Dimethicone, Silica, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Polyglyceryl-4 Diisostearate/Polyhydroxystearate/Sebacate, Polyethylene, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Tocopherol, May Contain (+/-) Mica, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Bronze Powder (Ci 77400), Ferric Ferrocyanide (Ci 77510), Chromium Oxide Greens (Ci 77288), Aluminum Powder (Ci 77000)

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Using this product feels absolutely decadent! It glides on so smoothly with no tugging at all, and makes such a nice, even line that I never really have to go over the same spot twice--no skipping! I haven't noticed any fading after ~8 hours of wear, which says a lot since the formula is such a rich black.

My only issue is the smudging. I have noticed this tends to slide around a bit on my eye. When lining just the top lid, I occasionally have to wipe up around the edge of my eyes. Not exactly a raccoon effect (it could be a lot worse!) but also not a "set it and forget it" type deal either. For stay-a-bility, I prefer Revlon Colorstay, but for a bit of a luxe, effortless application, it's Stila all the way.

This liner lives up to its claims of staying all day. Once it is set it truly goes nowhere; though this statement does not apply to the waterline. Unfortunately, taking it off was rather long and tedious. The texture is very creamy and nice but I could not apply these to my waterline without experiencing some stinging. Also, not all of the liners seem to be of the same quality. The black and bronze seem to be the most opaque and are the best offerings. The worst offerings would be the two purple shades as these are not very pigmented, though the texture is still very nice. I like the packaging but the amount you get is quite small for the price though to be fair you won't need to re-apply once you've put it on so it does conserve itself a bit in that way. If it came off more easily during the removal process and was waterline friendly I would probably be happy to repurchase but those drawbacks are just too irksome to overlook.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I HATE eyeliners because every single one smudges on me under my eyes. BUT, love love love this eyeliner. I used to use Benefit's bad gal waterproof but it was soo smudgy, and the pencil was so hard on my eyes.

This pencil liner is particularly interesting...it is buttery soft/smooth on, glides on like a dream, looks like gel liner, and the color is black, and SUPER easy to work with. I am a very lazy girl and I hate spending a long time doing my make up but with this one it is so easy and it stays on.

The following eyeliners failed on me (Meaning it smeared on my undereye creating dark circles:

Mac fluidline
Bobbi Brown gel liner
Benefit Bad Gal Waterproof liner
Maybelline Gel Liner
Urban Decay Zero
About 5 other different pencil liners.

This one makes my eyes pop. I am asian and about NW20, or 25 or even 30 in the summer.

I love black eyeliners because it makes my eyes pop. However, I think blonde people may find the black a little bit too harsh on their eyes.

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

This is definitely the most I've spent on an eyeliner! Packaging could be a little more lux looking. It almost looks like kid make-up even. Sadly I had to return this. Somehow the pencil broke so I couldn't twist up any product even though there was tons left.

I loved how black this eyeliner is, and it really made my eyes pop. But I bought a set of eyeliners from Sephora's Pantone line and they've been working out really well and they were cheaper too. Overall I don't think the price justifies this eyeliner if it breaks soo easily because of poor packaging.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I at first wanted the NARS larger than life black eyeliner but since there was no stock, the sales assistant introduced to this product. I was sold because one: it was a wind-up packaging style - that I was looking for. And two: the pigment of the black was actually blacker than the NARS one. So bought it despite the fact that it was pricier than the NARS one in terms of price to quantity. So when I used it the first time, it was pretty difficult to get the lead to wind-up. It wasn't a smooth wind at all and when I over-winded it, I couldn't wind the lead back down into the tube!!!! But I though, well I guess that's the risk of getting wind-up eyeliners. So I ended losing about 1/4 inch of the lead due to this problem. Wearability? Well as the name says: it is a smudge stick, quite literally. It smudges smudges smudges!! Even when I set it with black eyeshadow, it smudges. So thus, not very happy with my experience with this wallet swallower.

I have a serious problem with eyeliner smudging below my eyes, even if I only apply it to the upper lashline. On my quest for the perfect liner, I've tried Stilla smudgestick in the black color, expecting from the smudgepot reviews I've read, that this would stay put without smearing all day. WRONG. It stays put a little better than most other eyeliners I've tried, but I still get smudging under the eye area, which means if I don't constantly check my makeup I end up looking sloppy. I do like the convenience of a retractable liner though, so I may repurchase this to avoid dealing with the hassles of things like gel liners in pots and constantly having to sharpen pencils.

This one was pretty magical for me when I first tried it at Sephora. It smudges when you rub it right away but the color will stay unsmudgable after waiting for a couple of seconds after applying. I thought that was pretty cool. But after a couple days of using, it started smearing on the bottom eyelid again so i was pretty disappointed. But I do like how convenient this one is since it is in a plastic tube rather than in a pencil form. The color is really dark, which I like. It glides really smoothly but it's pretty easy to get too much on.

I hate this eyeliner. I bought it in Stingray and I cannot get it to go on smoothly and blending it gives me the look of a heroin addict. Too soft and too blendable, in my opinion. That and it runs. On the plus side, it is a true black. But other than that, I would never buy this again.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

This is one of my favourite eyeliners out there. The product glides smoothly onto the skin and can be easily blended/smudged with fingers or a small brush. It doesn't have a waxy consistency like many stick/pencil eyeliners (which needs pressure to apply to skin, and also drags the skin), in fact it is pretty much the same as the ysl waterproof eyeliner pencil which costs almost double the price!!! This eyeliner stays all day as it is both smudge proof and waterproof. It's like Bobbi Brown gel liner on a stick! I also love how practical and unwasteful it is that the product can be twisted up, unlike the ysl one which is a pencil and needs sharpening which annoys me every time because the product is wasted with the shavings.

I also got this with Stila Dream in Full Color. It glides on the eyelid beautifully, and also smudges nicely for about a minute after applied. However, I applied it to the water line and it irritated my eyes like crazy. I definitely won't be doing that again. The Stingray color is a beautiful true back with a little sheen, and I love it for lining my upper lids. The downfall of this product is how little you get for the price - 0.01 oz for $20 - a TINY amount! The smudge pots have 0.14 oz for the same price, and MAC Fluidlines are $15 for 0.1 oz. I say I would buy this product again, but that really translates to a "maybe." It is a great product, but because you get so little for a steep price, it is not really a great value.