December 21, 2014 | 1885 users online

Hair Treatments - Burt's Bees - avocado hair treatment

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2009 11:30:00 PM More reviews by ravenavery

I used to use this once or twice/week, and it kept my hair in excellent condition (my hair is normally in good condition no matter what, so this isn't necessarily a miracle product, but it did help).

To use, I run this through my hair from the ears down, about 15 minutes before shampooing (often before I even get in the shower). If you rush through your morning routine, this may not be a good option; but if you like to diddle around in the morning before showering, this is a pretty easy extra step.

Smell is delicious! Texture is nice, very thick. Price is fine, IMO -- not a steal, but also not a ton of money for something that's basically a luxury.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2009 10:46:00 PM More reviews by toki4004

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have oily hair, and this one is my fave, and I've been using it for almost 10 years. Packaging changed, but it's still the best. It makes my hair soft and adds texture. It doesn't straighten them, leaving naturally wavy, and it kinda separates them, which I like... instead of making them look cow-licked. It feels light, like you haven't used any products... and it makes my hair look healthy.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2009 4:22:00 PM More reviews by pmburk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm generally a big fan of most Burt's Bees products, and this is no exception. My hair tends to be dry and coarse, so I like to use deep conditioning products at least once a week. This has a nice orangey scent and it does seem to hydrate my hair fairly well. My only complaint is that even though I have a short pixie cut, I need to use more than the recommended "1 tablespoon" to really work it through my hair. I think I end up using 3-4 tablespoons each time. Perhaps this is due to the difficulty in working it through wet hair - it doesn't feel as though you have enough. Anyway, it shampoos out easily (and I use sulfate free shampoo), and my hair does seem to be shinier and softer after I use this. I wouldn't equate this with say, Biolage Conditioning Balm, or any other super hydrating conditioning treatment (I don't find it near as intensely conditioning), but I do think it is a nice addition to the haircare regimen. I know this can be used sparingly as a styling aid/grooming cream, and I think I am definitely going to try that.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2009 3:43:00 PM More reviews by ashleydutta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Pros:
smells delicious! I like to put it on my hair just so my hair will smell this good - has a kiwi pear tropicalish smell, Mmm

It made my hair a tad more shiny

Cons:
I didn't find it moisturizing at all! It doesn't feel like it has a conditioning quality to it at all, which is weird since it does have lots of oils in it...but they just don't seem to lock into my hair when suspended in this forumal that feels kind of waxy honestly. NOT even close to Aveda deep conditioning treatments or The Body Shop one.

It also takes a lot of the product to spread on my hair - I think using it 2 times will take the whole tube!

But.... My husband loves it! he has a REALLY oily scalp but dry hair, and he thinks this is perfect since it doesn't add any more oil to his scalp, and it DOES moisturize his hair making it soft for days. It just depends on hair type, I guess.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2009 4:45:00 AM More reviews by aquasea2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Smells like it should be used to clean the house - but if you can get over its pungent nature, it does actually do a really good job of restoring moisture.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2009 10:02:00 PM More reviews by twistygirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this, a lot. My hair got severely dried out from too much hair color experimentation, and my normally relatively silky hair turned to straw. A friend recommended this to me, and it was hard to find - I wound up finding it in a Border's Book Store, of all places - and it really made my hair incredibly soft again. It does take a litte bit of extra shampooing to get it all out, but I washed twice instead of just once, and it was fine.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/11/2009 3:58:00 AM More reviews by Antimonie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this to give a little extra conditioning to my hair now and then. I was pretty excited about trying it out, since i love burt bee stuff! I use avocados for my face now and then so I know they are full of good stuff :)

But I cant seem to completely wash it out and it makes my hair very greasy/oily looking. so I use it only on days I don't plan on seeing anyone, and just wash it again later on (my hair does feel a little better, but maybe that's just my brain trying to justify the purchase? ;) ).
Or i will use VERY little and diluted to my ends now and then. I might try to add some the next time I do a homemade conditioning treatment and see how that works out.

I was pretty disappointed but I will just use up the bottle in time.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2009 2:48:00 AM More reviews by Lexx13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

A friend of mine gave this to me to try.
I had just colored my hair an ash blonde to get rid of golden blond, and thought this would be great to condition my hair.
I left it on for maybe 10 minutes and rinsed.
My hair felt really heavy after, and took 2 shampoos to feel clean.
My hair felt weighed down and gross for a week after this.
It also destroyed my ash blonde color, and my hair went gold again. I am not impressed at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2008 6:12:00 PM More reviews by upinninti2

This product is wonderful in bringing life back into my dry coarse hair. I use a hair dryer and ceramic straightener several times a week, and my hair has some highlights, all of which cause the ends to be very dry. Product works great, I use it about twice/month.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2008 1:03:00 AM More reviews by cesa11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The smell is what makes me recommend it. It smells great! It feels nice too. I think the negative reviews come from the need to work with the product--it takes more effort than some others. I think it's a nice treat-yourself product.