October 1, 2014 | 1999 users online

Blush - Wet 'n' Wild - Color Icon Heather Silk

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2012 8:08:00 PM More reviews by Rin13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

My go to blush. Very nice product, especially for the price. It's SUPER pigmented, so be careful. (tap off excess) It's not too powdery but enough to blend fairly well. I see this being a relatively universally flattering color.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2012 11:49:00 AM More reviews by unsaniterry

HOLY MOLEY CANNOLI. This blush is the bomb DOT COM!

First of all, Wet N Wild has really stepped up their game in terms of pigmentation. This thing was CRAZY pigmented, ever more than my Mac blushes to be honest. They have 3 shades, and I honestly couldn't pick between them so I picked them all. Heather silk is a bit dark so I recommend it for more medium-dark skin tones. It's matte (a rare find in the drugstore realm) and it's so freakishly pigmented that I'm honestly scared of getting too much product sometimes. THE FEAR IS WORTH IT THOUGH.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2012 10:52:00 PM More reviews by Scruffy892

Ok, I'll admit to being a blush novice, but even I know this crap sucks. I have tried a million ways to get it to work because it IS such a pretty color, but tonight I stumbled across a Bonne Bell blush n go at Dollar Tree and I put that on one cheek and this mess on the other, and the BB was SO much smoother, better finish, easier to apply... It was the last straw--the WnW went straight into the trash.

It's just not cheap enough to be this bad. Streaky, chalky, hard to apply... Save two more dollars and buy Covergirl. Whoever has to look at you all day will thank you.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2012 4:32:00 PM More reviews by CountryLovee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This blush is amazing. Being a student, I can't spend all my money on makeup. Especially blush. I was at walmart and I saw these blushes. WOW! This blush is amazing!! It's a beautiful pink with no glitter or shimmer. It doesnt look entirely matte. More dewy/satin. Quick Tip: Use ELF Studio Stipple Brush. This blush is highly pigmented so the brush really helps with light application. Hope I helped!!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2012 2:11:00 AM More reviews by kristen0889

Love this blush! Only good things to say about it. I was at Rite Aid looking for a blush that was a darker, deeper pink than my bright pink Revlon blush. I saw this blush and thought the color was really pretty, but I was skeptical about the quality of this product so I tried to find another brand with the exact same color of blush as this but couldn't. Since it was so cheap I decided to try it and I'm glad I did! I don't remember the last time I used anything from wet n wild, but nothing about this blush would make you think it's a cheap drugstore product! The color goes on very pretty and flattering to my fair to medium skin tone. The color itself is hard to describe, it's just a nice, deep, pigmented pink. The first time I applied it i learned that this blush definitely needs a light handed application, but it was easy to sheer it by buffing with a kabuki brush. Tiny sparkles are detectable in the pan if you look close but it goes on matte, in my opinion. The staying power is decent. I would have to reapply after probably four or five hours, but that's pretty standard. Not much to say about the packaging-its reliable and the lid stays closed. Didn't give the included blush brush a chance since I don't like those dinky small brushes that look like they'd just leave a streak of blush on your face! Given the color, pigmentation, and quality of this blush I can't believe how cheap it is. The price makes it that much better!!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2012 7:50:00 AM More reviews by rosenylund

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My friend was wearing the prettiest blush and I asked what it was and not only did she tell me but she had nothing but amazing things to say about this blush. Since it was so cheap I had to get it. I went to several CVS, Walgreens, etc. to find it and finally found one in stock at Kmart. I adore the color. I don't care about the packaging because it's so dirt cheap. Okay, the product... well it's a gorgeous color and it's really pigmented BUT it's chalky and doesn't blend well at all. No matter how hard I work on it I can't seem to get an even application. I must find a higher end or at least better formulation of this exact color now. I'm on a hunt for a perfect match in a better formulation with nicer packaging.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2012 12:49:00 AM More reviews by halfpastsunday

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am a blush addict. And not only am I addicted to blush, but the vast majority of my 20+ blush collection consists of high end brands (MAC, NARS, ILLASMASQUA, ETC.) I have never had anything against drugstore blushes, but I just haven't been able to come across one that fit all of my needs (pigmentation, longevity, color selection, etc.) I decided to try the Wet N Wild Color Icon blushes for two reasons: 1. I am addicted to blush and am always on the hunt for more and 2. I had read several great reviews on them on various blogs. Heather Silk is a very pretty berry-pink shade with a natural matte finish. On my NC42-44 olive complexion, it casts off a gorgeous pink glow; a 'just got back from the cold' type of flush. It doesn't turn warm on my skin, which a lot of berry-pinks tend to do. As far as quality goes, this definitely rivals my high end blushes (particularly MAC,) but for much, much cheaper (I got it on sale for less than $2 at CVS.) The pigmentation of the powder is immense and it goes on incredibly smooth. Overall, this is a great alternative to the more high end brands out there and I am glad that I purchased it. Surprisingly, I actually don't have a shade similar to Heather Silk in my collection.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2012 3:39:00 PM More reviews by PrincessMikki

I love this blush. I was bought it on impulse, Heather is my favorite name. I own only one other WNW blush- Pearlesnt (?) Pink- which is exactly like NARS Orgasm. Heather Silk is one of a kind. It's a beautiful, silky Barbie Pink. It literally melts into your skin. On top of it all, it's SUPER pigmented. Dont be afraid of using it as an everyday color. The trick is to use a light hand. You really won't regret buying it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2012 6:20:00 PM More reviews by countryfied

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I said I would buy this product again, but it is so pigmented and a decent size so it might last forever. The color is a matte bright dusty cool pink. The quality is amazing. I like the stackable packaging and square pan.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2012 10:01:00 AM More reviews by shannon804

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Heather silk is a beautiful, matte pinky-mauve shade. The blush is extremely pigmented and looks great on my NW40 complexion. If you have lighter skin, you might want to use a duo fiber brush or even a fan brush. The reviewer who complained that the package looked flimsy sounds a little snobby to me-- I have traveled with a lot of WnW products, including Color Icon blushes, and they have held up just as well as my more pricey products. I wish WnW would get rid of the stupid brush that comes with this because it's completely useless and takes up space in my makeup bag. I picked up this blush for about $3, a steal! Go buy it!