July 24, 2014 | 1749 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - Color Icon Trio - Sweet as Candy

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 7/28/2012 8:41:00 PM More reviews by nabila714

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

So confused about this one. I have a lot of wet n' wild eyeshadows and the quality is great, very soft and buttery texture, however, for some reason sweet as candy does not have the same quality. I LOVE the crease shade so much! and the eyelid and browbone shades are nice as well. So for the colors i would give this 5 lippies. For the texture on the other hand, i feel like i'm trying too hard to get enough color on my brush or even when I use it with my fingers. I thought maybe I got a bad one so I repurchased it and it was still the same. If I try a little harder than the rest of their palettes, I can still get a great look, so its still workable.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/30/2012 4:16:00 PM More reviews by olithea

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I liked this but I definitely got what I paid for. The color payoff was good on all three colors, but the eyelid color had a lot of fallout. I generally don't wear makeup for longer than 4 hours, and I didn't notice a lot of creasing in that time. I would have liked the crease color to be more matte, since I have hooded eyes and wanted the eyelid color to stand out more. The eyelid color made an absolute mess inside the packaging, and when I went to clean it out today, I accidentally dropped it and that whole color shattered while the other two were fine. I'm not devastated, I have colors that I can use instead of that, but now it's not as convenient. I might buy it again since I only spent $1 on it and it wasn't too bad. It looked nice on my cool skin, it was just messy. I mostly just picked it up for travel so I didn't have to carry a bigger palette with me to do daytime eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2012 6:39:00 PM More reviews by vivo95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love love LOVE THIS! I'm Asian ( yellow/pink undertones) and this looks great with my brown eyes. I don't care much for the brow one color because I have double lids and it doesn't look flattering when I take color up that far. The pink and brown is very nice. Just have to blend with a light hand LIGHT hand. Great for everyday wear! And easy to carry around!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2012 5:19:00 PM More reviews by cmtodd

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

OK, I LOVE MAC products but since getting married and trying to save some money I am shopping in the drug store market again. I liked the color of this palet and thought I would give it a try. Honestly I was amazed at how well this stayed on and the color was great. Coming from MAC this is great and I know it looks good.

I will be buying again and checking out other colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2012 12:17:00 PM More reviews by STlCKY

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product! Pretty amazing for such a cheap price. I was going to pick up Walking on Eggshells, but ended up with this trio instead.

The pink shadow lacks pigmentation, but the white and brown are pretty good. Good for travel, since the packaging is small and the colors are good for a everyday, soft look.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2012 5:57:00 PM More reviews by silviachick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is seriously my go-to palette. I've been doing a lot more natural/neutral looks lately, and this has taken all the guess work out of it.
I usually have passed up on WnW anything because I've been so disappointed of them in the past. I've tried other trios, but haven't had much success. However, Sweet as Candy is different. The colors are really complimentry of each other, they blend wonderfully, and each eyeshadow has decent pigmentation.
Like someone reviewed below, the pink shade sort of lacks pigmentation. You can build it up to get it the way you want it to, but I've found that it can wear down to a soft pink as the day goes on, even with a primer.
The brown shade is pretty decent and has really good color payoff. It's a shade that can easily be darker or lighter depending on how much you use.
The vanilla shade has some serious pigmentation and has huge color payoff. Its really shimmery, so if you're someone who doesn't like a high shimmer on their brow bone, I suggest you use this lightly.
The included brushes, a sponge tip and a regular small brush, are a joke. I wouldn't use these at all, and generally throw them out.
This has been my favorite trio from WnW so far. I suggest it for people who want something they can easily carry with them in their bag or for travel and need something small.
I would buy this trio again, however I see myself only really needing to buy the pink shade again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2012 11:17:00 PM More reviews by purplesoul

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a great cheap palette for your handbag for an everyday or "oh no I forgot to wear make up and have somewhere important to be!" look. The colors are subtle and pretty and should work well on a variety of skintones. It's not very pigmented or blend-able, which is an example of getting what you pay for. Additionally, the packaging is very flimsy, and the lid will break if it's battered around, so be sure to keep it in a padded make up bag.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/26/2012 10:13:00 PM More reviews by anaelleee

I want to rate this a 2.5. the main problem with this trio: TOO POWDERY and low pigmentation.

This is a great product as a simple every day eyeshadow trio for those with little time in the mornings for makeup, and it creates a nice feminine and natural look.

The pink colour for the lid in this trio was too pale and sheer for my taste, but the sheerness can be fixed by adding more product, but the colour wasn't what I was expecting at all. It applied really unevenly.

The crease colour is a nice warm shimmery brown that blends nicely and does not look too dramatic for everyday use. It is probably my favorite colour in this trio.

The highlight colour is a shimmery white, and it is creamy, like all the shadows from this wnw line, except that I had some pigmentation issues with it as well, as I needed to layer it a lot. I also experienced some fall-out.

The packaging of this trio doesn't look the best, but it's convenient as it has a clear lid so I can clearly see all the colours and it's slim, so it's great for on-the-go if needed, unlike my chunky too faced shadow box/palette!

This is the worst trio ive tried from wnw so far.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2012 8:48:00 PM More reviews by Guinnessgirl50

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

As others have said, this is great for a more neutral, daytime look. I think it's my favorite WNW trio. The brown crease color is less shimmery than brown crease colors in other WnW trios ( knock on wood, walking on eggshells) or in the comfort zone palette and so, for me, it's more wearable as an all- over lid color. It's also truly neutral, so can go with either a warm or cool cheek/lip look. The pink is really sheer so, even though I'm quite fair, I tend to layer it with the brown rather than wear it on its own. As solo lid with brown in the crease, it's a very natural though slightly shimmery look - so not quite as natural as matte finishes would be.

Sweet as candy is basically the " daytime" equivalent of Knock on wood for night. Those who like that trio should try it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2012 12:08:00 PM More reviews by amlheureux

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a go-to palette for a subtle daytime look that's a little bit romantic. Like all Wet and Wild shadow trios, the quality of the product is absolutely amazing... Soft and easy to work with. There's a beautiful shimmery white for the highlight, a warm bronze for the crease and a golden-hued pink for the lid. It reminds me of vanilla, chocolate and strawberry ice cream. This is another fantastic addition to my Wet N' Wild shadow collection and I would definitely recommend it for a wearable day to day look.