Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon Trio - Sweet as Candy

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

on 4/4/2013 6:13:00 PM

Very pretty shadows, work great if you use a base/primer, otherwise there is a LOT of fallout. A bit on the shimmery side, but I like them. Smooth, pigmented and easy to apply. Like all WnW shadows, they are very fragile. I wouldn`t recommend toting this around in your purse as they would break very easily.

on 4/3/2013 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is soooo beautiful. I am shocked actually, that I reach for this more than my MAC shadows. The highlight color is beautiful, and use it alllll the time. The colors are pigmented and last all day. I always use a primer but they hold up awesome. Only downside is, I dropped this and the brown shade busted every where. I can still use it though. This happens with lots of powder products though, so no biggie. LOVE

I love WNW eyeshadows, this one wasn't my favorite. It's a great quality product, the colors just didn't look great on me, especially the pink. I agree with the previous commenter, "It's not you, it's me!" Lol. This is the ONLY wnw e/s I don't plan on repurchasing!

on 2/16/2013 11:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I got this when it first came out. I believe its been reformulated since. I. Like the colors but I have large lids, dry skin, so this is too frosty for me. Also the pink shade is too bright for me. Its a lovely trio so this is one of those breakups when ya have to say, "its me not you. You were great."

on 2/12/2013 6:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I am loving WnW eye shadow so much these days it's crazy. They are so great and so cheap that they are almost like a mini currency to me (I.e. do I really want a grande skinny mocha or do I want THREE eyeshadow trios).

Nouveau Cheap posted that Rite Aid was having a 40% off Revlon and WnW sale, so I swung by and picked up 3 trios for $4.75. Of the three this was my favorite in terms of colors (am NW20, brown eyes, brown hair). The other two were also great quality, but I loved the rosy look I could create with this trio.

PROS
- soooo cheap - especially if you luck out with a sale
- long lasting
- no creasing even on my oily skin
- great colors
- great pigmentation
- minimal fall out if you use your own brush
- blend like a dream - on fact blend so smoothly you have to be careful not to blend them all into one color
- nice shimmer -- not too much for work

CONS
- BS brushes - I mean who uses these?
- WnW needs to take the money from the brushes and spend those on a nicer case
- Doesn't travel well - even in the display case you see some broken shadows
- Almost too blend able

These get a 5 lippies despite the cons cause no brand matches the dollar to value ratio of these. I wore this trio to work, colors as labeled, with black mascara, pink blush and gloss and it was a very pretty look. Even if you just like one color - so worth your money.

on 1/5/2013 12:57:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I got this on my lunch hour one day because I hadn't worn eye makeup to work and realized halfway through the morning that I looked like a corpse, which is not the look. So I grabbed this and just used my fingers to swipe some of the pink shade across my lid, the highlight on brow bones/inner corners, and the crease color on a sponge tip to line my eyes. it was a really nice subtle look. I love the crease color and use it the most, usually all over the lid. The other two are a little shimmery for me to wear on an everyday basis, but I think they are pretty legit dupes for MAC's shroom and naked lunch. The texture is incredibly smooth, almost like a cream, and they're very pigmented. I have crazy oily lids, but these actually held up really well, about 5 hours without a primer and very little creasing. These really are the best drugstore shadows.

on 12/15/2012 2:32:00 PM

I had seen alot of positive remarks about this product, so i decided to give it a try. I was pleasantly suprised by how pigmented the colors were, and they complimented eachother nicely. The kit comes with a sponge applicator brush and a bristle aplicator brush. The bristle brush is cute and works ok, but i felt the sponge aplicator was too hard to use, so i use my own brushes. Overall, the shadow is a great buy for so little cost, and i would buy it again. I really like the look you can create with it.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

WOOOP WOOP ITS SNOWING!!! Anyway..I have seen so many youtube gurus rave about the wnw shadows, so I had to try one.
My gift card wasnt working at the checkout so i had to use cash!BOOHOO!! but i do not regret buying this with cash at all!!!
The colours are so buttery and smooth and pretty pigmented! The only thing i do not like is that the pink filmed on me and i cant get and colour off now!!! I must be a sign to get some more wnw trios!!

on 11/20/2012 9:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have to say this is my favorite trio from wet n wild by far i prefer this to the walking on eggshells trio because i think the colors look better on my skin tone than that one. I love lovee the pink color ,u can just use it all over your lid and apply some eyeliner and im set with my eye makeup. Will definitely repurchase this again.

on 11/6/2012 7:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

While the general formula of these shadows are buttery and smooth, it took way too much of them to show up on my eyelids. All I could see is frost. I returned this to the store. Not very WOC friendly.

Video Reviews & Tutorials