October 22, 2014 | 1227 users online

Blush - Rimmel - Blush - Santa Rose 001

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2012 10:23:00 PM More reviews by irinas29

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

After running out of my beloved NARS Orgasm, I decided to give this a whirl. I have to admit, my affair with Orgasm ended because after prolonged use, the "shimmer" to me seemed like pure glitter. I couldn't stand it anymore.

Although this looks odd in the packaging, it looks AMAZING on my skin. I am NC15/NC20 at MAC. This is pigmented, but buildable - which I adore. I had to put a lot of work into blending out Orgasm to make it look at least somewhat natural. With Santa Rose however, I can get the perfect, natural glow with minimal effort. Brilliant.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2012 7:49:00 PM More reviews by lawla91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

Three words: Dupe for Orgasm.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2012 7:45:00 PM More reviews by CamR

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely love this blush. I'm not usually a fan of shimmery blushes, but this one is an exception because the shimmer is not over-the-top, and because the gorgeous colour makes up for it. It is very pigmented, lasts very well on my skin, and is very affordable. I will definietly repurchase this blush if i ever run out of it.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2012 10:04:00 AM More reviews by conisaxx

This color is so pretty, stays on, but isn't that highly pigmented for a blush, but for the price I would buy again!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/23/2012 5:24:00 PM More reviews by polkadottie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Rimmel must have reformulated this blush. I have an old pan of it from probably four or five years ago, and the color is gorgeous, the texture silky, and the sparkle minimal. The original Santa Rose is a flattering peachy pink with a hint of sparkle. The new Santa Rose I bought recently is a totally different color. It's now a muddier, an orange-y pink color that was a sparkly mess on me.

I would have gladly repurchased the original, but the new Santa Rose is terrible.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2012 12:11:00 PM More reviews by LuHu82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is one of those dirt cheap emergency make up buys. Normally, they are a total disaster area, but not this one. It's an ideal 'natural flush' shade for my fair skin (no darker than NC20) and is perfect with pinky or red lip colours (I use more peachy/coral tones with corally lip shades to avoid an 80's style colour clash).

The pigmentation is fine on my skintone. Not so 'loud' that i look like a clown with half a swipe, but not so feeble that I need half the pot to do the job.

Lasting power not so great, I need to reapply halfway through the day, but the price is SO reasonable that I can more than forgive that.

Packaging is what you'd expect from a budget brand, nothing luxe or special; functional and to the point. No frills; no brush, no mirror but so what? Compact brushes are utterly useless 99.9% of the time and I carry a mirror in my MU bag anyway [shrug].

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2012 10:06:00 AM More reviews by lailabird

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the only blush I use. I am fair skinned and most other blushes are overwhelming, but this one goes on just right. All I need is one brush stroke over my cheeks and I am good to go.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2012 2:04:00 PM More reviews by debbiall

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this based on comments out here, and I wasn't disappointed. The color in the package is lighter and oranger than I usually buy, but I really like it on my fair skin. It's buildable and lasts as long as any other blushes I've worn.

I had trouble finding it in stores. After looking around I found it at Target.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2012 2:10:00 PM More reviews by Snooties

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great, buildable color. Works perfectly on my super pale, neutral skin (it's not too pink, not too peach), but I agree with others that it would probably look great on just about anybody. I'm normally terrified of blush and just never use it, though I'm always told I need to (I'm super pale and don't want to look like a clown!)- this is the first blush that looks nice enough and is easy enough to apply that I finally wear blush on a daily basis. Gives the perfect dewy (not shimmery!) finish that leaves your face looking neither too matte nor too made up. Packaging is fine; brush isn't great (but what pre-packaged blush brush is?). Highly recommend, and at four bucks, you've got little to lose!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2012 2:21:00 PM More reviews by Shannap

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like this color. Goes on smooth and lasts all day.