July 28, 2014 | 1940 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Almay - Non-Oily Eye Makeup Remover Pads

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2012 1:10:00 PM More reviews by Mguthrie0206

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I buy these all the time, they are my go-to for removing eye makeup. They are also great if you wear concealer under your eyes (for bags or whatever). They do a great job of removing most products, although if you have waterproof mascara on it takes a little elbow grease. Just be careful to have your eye CLOSED when you swipe/rub, as it can irritate if you get the solution in your eye. Wonderful for daily use, I swear by these and have not found a suitable alternative.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2012 3:39:00 AM More reviews by MrsTefee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really do NOT like these. Yes they take off all the eye makeup BUT they sting and irritate my eyes SO bad even if im being careful no matter what it hurts so much!!! Dont use these there are so many other makeup removers that dont hurt your eyes.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2012 11:43:00 PM More reviews by Matillyrose

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

These would have to be the worst eye pads I have ever used.

Firstly trying to separate the individual pads is near impossible and totally frustrating.

Secondly they don't remove all traces of eye makeup.

Thirdly they sting, my eyes were so red and irritated by the time I finished I could hardly see.

I don't take chances with my eyes, these went straight in the bin.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2012 2:45:00 PM More reviews by TrainedDreamer

Usually I stray from angry, harsh reviews because I feel like its unfair to the company to at least state one of the pros about whichever product. But with this, I just can not.

Almay Oil-Free MU Remover Pads were $5 at my local grocery store. The size of the pads is a total joke, as theyre only a little bit bigger than a quarter. This container would last me maybe a week. On top of that, the liquid part (MU remover) is completely inefficient. It does a poor job at removing any of my long lasting foundation. I end up needing to follow up with other MU removers.

The ingredients in this burn my skin. I can totally understand why others have referred to these as "battery acid pads". Haha. It's so true. & my skin, is left with a harsh film on top. I eventually break out.

If you have sensitive skin & wear more than a pin-head sized amount of make up...stay away from these.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2012 12:54:00 PM More reviews by PeachFuzzz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

My eyes have this awkward thing against eye make up remover. They get all red and dry and flaky and really really really mad. This stuff pissed of my eyes for sure. It also forgot to remove my eye mu! so in the end I had red pissed off eyes and mascara and eyeliner still on. It's a no go!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/13/2012 1:27:00 AM More reviews by lovecats90

I bought these on a whim to take with me traveling. They did an okay job removing my eyeshadow and liner, but mascara was a no-go. Oh did I mention, they started to make my eyes BURN after a few swipes trying to remove the excess makeup. Not a fan. I'll stick to my albolene...

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2012 11:38:00 PM More reviews by DCookiemonster25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like these they work well, not oily.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/8/2012 1:34:00 AM More reviews by PrettyInACasket

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

Honestly, I bought these mostly because I had a coupon and they were a few dollars cheaper than my usual Neutrogena eye makeup remover pads, and there were 80 the container. I also like that Almay does not do animal testing. While they got the job done, I was really disappointed:
1. They claim to be fragrance free, but they have a bit of a chemical odor to them.
2. They irritated my eyes pretty badly if I didn't rinse immediately after. This usually isn't a problem for me with makeup remover. I prefer to buy sensitive eye makeup remover but if I were to buy the regular strength Neutrogena pads, I would not have a problem. My sister actually refers to the Almay ones as "battery acid" pads.
3. This might sound strange but after I had been using them for a few weeks, I got my eyebrows threaded and my skin was too soft and I actually got cut from the thread under my eyebrows. The woman threading them said my skin was too soft. Again, I've never had this problem before.
4. I think all of the reasons I just mentioned could be contributed to the fact that the pads contain A LOT of makeup remover. I actually dab them off with a piece of tissue or toilet paper before using them.
I'm about halfway done but I'm seriously contemplating throwing them out and going back to Neutrogena before I finish them. They're really not worth it, nor how they irritate my eyes and skin. So if you have sensitive skin/eyes, these are not for you. I would not buy these again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2012 2:22:00 AM More reviews by UrbanObsession

I really like this formula, it is not oily at all. The only reason it did not get 5 lippys is that it does not remove waterproof mascara completely, you have to really rub eyes to get it all off. I like the pads and they are the perfect size for eyes, I wear quite a bit of eye makeup so I use one pad per eye. They do not irritate my sensitive eyes or leave a residue behind, I really like these and they're compact which makes them good for traveling. This is my go-to eye makeup remover and I recommend this to anyone who is looking for an inexpensive, non-irritating product that gets the job done!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/23/2012 2:38:00 AM More reviews by deamber

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Grey

Oh man where do I start... I started using waterproof mascara because I wanted my mascara to hold a curl but I didn't know waterproof mascara makes eyelashes brittle and thin. So I bought this in a 2 pack deal, I think there was 60 in each pack. Now I think the issue with this is that it is too gentle (meaning the liquid) to remover make up and the round pad is a bit on the rough side so your kinda scrubbing your eyes becasue of the rough pads. I had to at least use 2 on each eye front and back and then I would use my facial cleaser to remove what was left behind. I don't think this caused my eyelashes to become thin and brittle or fall out I think that's the waterproof mascara that I'm no longer using (maybelline). When and if I use waterproof mascara I now use Jojoba oil and no joke I use the same cotton ball for both eyes and no scrubbing! I just hold it on my eye for a few seconds and gently pat and its all gone, the best thing I have ever tried and its natural. If your planning on using Jojoba oil just be sure to research it first to see if its gonna be good for skin. Oh and its amazing for hair too.