July 22, 2014 | 1683 users online

Blush - MAC - Sheertone Blush in Blushbaby

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2012 11:38:00 PM More reviews by littleann818

I LOVE THIS BLUSH on my skintone. I am asian and have fair-medium tone skin...with yellow undertones. I love this blush color on me. It is a sheertone warm brownish-pinkish color but not TOO pink...looks very natural on my face like a nice natural flush. You can definitely also build up the color to be intensified if you want to (almost like MAC Mocha effect). Thus, this is easily my HG blush. =)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2012 10:41:00 AM More reviews by xtinahb

This is a great, flushed pink blush on my NC30/C4 light tan asian complexion. It's reddish pink with brown undertones and I was worried it would enhance my broken capillaries, but instead of increasing redness (which happens with Mocha), it actually works with it and simply creates a nice pinky cheek. It looks extremely natural, like I just came in from the cold, and works with every lippie and has a fab texture. Very smooth with no powdery finish, sinks right into my skin and feels satiny. A new HG blush.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/28/2012 9:38:00 PM More reviews by Rhonda2010

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm giving this a three even though it looks fantastic, because it's too easily dupable, and too lightly pigmented to justify the price. This is a basic brownish pink that flatters most skin tones. On my nw30 skin it does look like my cheeks but better, but takes two swipes to show up.

I love the way this matte pinkish brown blush looks but it's just too easy to purchase a revlon blush which is the same thing for half the cost. This is why it receives a three. Most expensive makeup companies, such as NARS and Tarte, offer blushes with a strong pigmentation. MAC must be able to keep up with its competition if it wants to charge 20 bucks for a blush. This works like a 9 dollar blush. Won't repurchase.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2012 5:40:00 PM More reviews by BADKITTY13

What can I say...by far my favorite blush! Very pretty and natural but does give me a rosy color. I love it with Mac Pinkarat lipglass. On my way soon for my 3rd pot of this blush!!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2012 5:20:00 PM More reviews by Teyris512

An MUA at MAC suggested this, and we had the same coloring. I tried it, and I think that this is a wonderful natural looking blush.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2012 5:08:00 PM More reviews by brideie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am an olive skinned brunette. I do not naturally have pink cheeks, so I need a blush that gives a natural looking "glow" rather than obviously bright cheeks.
This blush has been the best. It is sheer and warm toned without looking dirty. I find many warm toned blushes make my face look dirty. Many other blushes are too pink and look too obviously fake.
Blushbaby is my everyday blush, and I have repurchased many times.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2012 4:26:00 PM More reviews by seven12

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this for myself for my wedding (NC20, dark brown hair, light brown eyes). It was suggested to me by the SA at a MAC counter and I felt compelled to buy it without really testing it first. I like blushes that give me a flushed, healthy "glow," but Blushbaby barely showed up on me. It pulled beige, and just looked dirty.

My mom is NW25ish, also brunette with light brown eyes, and Blushbaby looks spectacular on her. She ended up using it for my wedding, and she has this beautiful glow in all the pictures. It pulled pink and looked more rosy on her, like it's supposed to. This is like holy grail for her. So I personally won't use this or repurchase it, but I've seen that if you have the right coloring it can look beautiful!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2012 12:02:00 AM More reviews by Mia_8030

Colour me surprised! For the longest time I stuck with clear pink blushes without any brown undertones. Baby pink or bright pink, it was all I wore. I always thought blush with a hint of tan or brown made me look sallow or dirty, especially as I am in the colour range of NC 15.

I guess tastes change over time and I asked the MAC MUA to put a bit of blushbaby on while I was shopping for eyeshadows. I love the colour. I don't think I look sallow at all. Blushbaby gives me the exact look that I get when I have been out doing fieldwork - windblown, slightly tanned, but with a nice hint of pink. Exactly like the wildchild that I am when I am on one of my adventures. Blushbaby is a bit more sheer than other colours that I have used but it is very buildable and blendable. The finish is matte, not powdery or obvious. The colour is understated and perfect for a polished but not screamingly made up look. Blushbaby goes well with so many eye and lip colours.

Try it! Blushbaby is a great blush.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2012 8:40:00 AM More reviews by annag2409

Ahmmm. cute, but nothing special.
Very very natural - almost unseen, fade after 1 hour, Nice color but Too pricey for that quality.

EDIT*
still fade afrer few hours, but i love the color.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/12/2012 10:23:00 AM More reviews by SleepingBag

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Blush... where to start? Honestly, used on bare skin (no foundation) before I had colored hair, this blush was fine by me. The color was understated and generally looked good throughout the day. This aside, since I have lighter/highlighter hair now (went from dark blonde to light/medium blonde) and wear foundation, I find this blush looks nuts. I can't exactly pinpoint what it is, but here are my thoughts on the whole situation. First, this blush has a muted color (versus a bright color). My natural haircolor had muted tones (ashy, sandy) and used to be a good match for this. Now, with brighter hair, this blush makes me look like I have blatantly obvious makeup and a dirty face. Second, in theory, I think brighter blush colors applied lightly look better overall. Many MUAers have commented on this and I've paid attention. In fact, a muted blush looks reassuring in the pan for buyers but you have to apply a lot to get a decent glow. By that time, you also look like a dirty cupcake face. Instead, a bright blush only needs a little dusting on and voila! Third, I find this blush kinda disappears throughout the day. For the price, I would prefer a product with better staying power.

Overall, I can understand why this has good ratings on MUA. Just make sure to not over apply and to check it out in natural daylight once in a while. Its just not for me right now and I'll update if I ever change my thoughts on it.

9 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No