LUSH Mint Julips Lip Scrub

4.3

Castor Sugar, Organic Jojoba Oil (Simmondsia chinensis), Vanilla Extract (Vanilla planifolia), Tagetes Oil (Tagetes minuta), Peppermint Oil (Mentha piperita), Limonene, Flavour. . . CASTOR SUGAR is very fine grain granulated sugar. . . This product contains NO Castor Oil.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was extremely worried this product wouldn't live up to it's hype but I was most certainly wrong! I only have to use this product maybe once a day with Vaseline and my lips stay moisturized for the rest of the day, even if I use lipstick. It is a bit pricey in my opinion, but honestly, a little goes a long way because you don't have to use a lot of product. I gave the packaging 3 lippies because of how you have to dip your finger into the container, which some people dislike for sanitary reasons (although I don't mind it) and the fact that it can be slightly messy because the product gets on the rim of the container and makes it gritty. The product has a mint-chocolate smell and tastes sweet and light (yes, TASTES. You can lick it off when your done!). This is one of my first LUSH products and I'm totally hooked! Would definitely buy again!

on 8/14/2013 7:52:00 PM

Sure, you can make your own lip scrub, but . . . why? The taste is awesome; the end result even more so. I used this yesterday and my lips still feel great. I would say that you only need to use this once a week - - just be sure to follow up with some sort of lip conditioner for maximum results. Oh, and yes, lipstick and/or gloss goes on a lot smoother, even a few days later. I want to purchase some of the other flavors as well!

on 8/4/2013 7:04:00 PM

I LOVE this lip scrub by LUSH ! It is my absolute favorite. It smells and tastes so good. I use it nightly after brushing my teeth and before applying Josie Maran Argan Lip Treatment and I wake up in the morning with soft, smooth lips. It is so easy, if not a bit messy, to apply, but I really don't mind. I have had the same pot for almost a month now, and I feel as though I have barely made a dent in it. I do wear lipstick almost daily, and I think that this product has helped my lipstick go on smoother and not settle in the lines. Originally, I thought that $9.95 USD for this tiny jar was a bit outrageous, but because it has helped, and I feel like I will definitely get my money's worth out of it, I will continue to repurchase.

on 7/22/2013 9:45:00 PM

Love this! Make me feel like I have baby lips. Definitely a daily routine and a repurchase :)

on 7/8/2013 4:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is a nice scrub and does get rid of chapped lips, but for $10 i dont think it's worth it but I will probably repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

One little pot can last over six months, and it's so yummy!! This is one of my top five favorite Lush products. Really great for dry lips.

on 6/24/2013 11:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I know I could make my own lip scrub if I were feeling industrious, but I love the Mint Julips one from LUSH. It tastes fantastic - sweet minty chocolate. It comes in a cute little glass jar and doesn't get sticky or gross as I use it. I don't tend to ingest it when I use it, but I like that I could if I wanted to. It's coarse enough to do the job but not too rough on the lips. The price is decent when compared to other lip scrubs. I have not found one that I like more, including the more expensive ones I have tried. I have repurchased it and will probably continue to do so. The first one I bought lasted me a good six months, though I do not use it every day.

on 6/22/2013 12:22:00 PM

I recently purchased this lip scrub and have enjoyed using it. It is a cute little pot but not the most effective, I hate having to dig out the perfect amount and often use to much. I do enjoy that it leaves nice moisture on your lips, but not so much that it effects your lipstick application (as some chapsticks will). I also struggle with my pours around my lips getting clogged, because I wear so much lipstick and this really helps with that. I will use it twice a day if wearing a dark color. Unfortunately when I went to buy this product I was looking for the Sweet Lips, which they didn't have. I am not as fond of the Mint Julip texture, as it is more fine. Also the taste to for me is rather disgusting. So when saying I would repurchase, I would but probably try a different flavor. Luckily if you go to lush, they will happily let you try anything on, so you can choose for yourself!

on 6/16/2013 10:17:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I LOVE this! My lips were always dry and chapped but this buffed them to beauty! I think it's a little pricey for what it is though.

on 6/1/2013 10:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I always have chapped lips. I've tried using a dry soft toothbrush, and it just worked okay. $9.95 for a lip scrub IS silly. I decided to treat myself because of all the raves, so I gave in and forked out the cash. It will last a long time, even with nightly use. Its key to not have wet hands, it'll make the sugar hard and clump. I really this product. Its a mint chocolate flavor, which is alright- better than no flavor I suppose. Would not repurchase based on price, and also I think this one container will last!

Popular Lip Treatments